Ulivo Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Via Del Castro Pretorio 28, Rome, Italy

We arrived after dark and had issues first finding the building. Then after following the instructions on the hostelworld site, we pushed numbers 7 & 10, both of which turn out to be for other rooms in the building. A lady ended up coming to help us after we walked up and down the stairs for over twenty minutes trying to find the hostel. It has a different name on the door and they did not answer the door when we rang. A few days later, we saw the same thing happen to another group.

Great service with a smile.

• 14th Mar 2014

The neighborhood was safe – many tourists walking around looking confused, not getting robbed. I was traveling as a single woman in her young 20’s and was never bothered or harassed. The hostel itself, however, did not make me feel very safe. The slide lock on my door was broken, and the door lock itself is easy to pick. Other tenants could probably have opened it with their keys. The window wouldn't close all the way. The shower overflowed, and I found a hair and cigarette burn in the bed.

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very comfortable.

I stayed at this place on two separate occasions. The first time was on the third floor with the sweet older lady. It was absolutely immaculate and enjoyed the stay very much. The second was at the end of our trip we were put on the second floor. The shower was plugged with hair and water would go into the floor so you had to shower quick. Also we couldn't flush toilet paper down the toilet we had to put it in the garbage can.....yuck. As well no hand soap. It was three strikes.

• 21st Feb 2014

The facilities were lacking in a couple of ways. There was nowhere to eat the advertised included breakfast except sitting on the bed in our room or at a tiny, single round table in a through-room. Toilet paper was not adequate,and we had to buy our own; no soap; no mat or towel to stand on in the bathroom. The toilet was such that we had to put the used toilet paper in a very small bin, not flush it down the toilet. This bin was the only one provided for everything - a bit unpleasant.

Overall it was a good stay. It would have been nice if they accept cards for payment. I was asked for additiomal 6 euros , which the lady said is for tax.

Well thanks to the last comment I found out that the name of the B&B on the door is different. The hostel itself isn't that bad. As a student who is on a budget, I think it was well worth the price. The staff doesn't really speak too much English though. The location is nice because it's right near Termini station. The bed was big and the room pretty clean (although some of the furniture was broken). The breakfast was kinda bad but overall the B&B was better than expected.

Ulivo B&B is very well located, a few meters from Roma Termini. Easy to find - beware the name on the doorbell is different. The staff called in advance to let me know. I took a single ensuite. Very clean and suitable for my needs, the toilet also was all right. It is small but good for anyone traveling on a short budget for a quick stay. I saw no common area. The staff Lucia was extremely helpful and polite. Bus to Roma Ciampino airport departs from a few blocks away. Breakfast is quite poor.

Great pace to stay and a great location. Room was great. Only annoying thing was that in the room it was in the wifi would cut out constantly. I had to have it in he bathroom to get a signal at times. Other than that, great!

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts