Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

We had an amazing time staying at Umbrella Hostel. All the staff were excellent, always helping us out with whatever we needed and providing good advice about places to go and see in Bucharest and around Romania. I would definitely stay there again, and would encourage other travelers to do so as well!

Hotel quality with friendly hostel atmosphere...!! Chilled hostel with top notch facilities and kitchen area ideal for meeting people... Staff are so helpful and helped plan my onward journey... Thanks for a great stay...!!

I think Umbrella Hostel has the best staff i have ever seen after two years of traveling. They will answer all of your questions, help you book your next accommodation, give you great tips for sightseeing and parties in Bucharest and even give you a hand planning the rest of your trip. Besides the great service Umbrella Hostel provides everything you need: good beds, complete kitchen and a nice common area inside and out. I would definitely recommend this hostel as the best hostel in Bucharest.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very nice and clean hostel.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Hostel very nice! Lots of facilities (many toilets, showers, sinks), everything we need in the kitchen is there and cleaned. There are a lot of paper sheets with infos written and it's very useful! Too bad we only stayed in that hostel for one night, we could've stayed longer. We had a 2 beds room and it felt almost like we were in a hotel. Also, outside in the yard, there was a big screen with people hanging out there, so the atmosphere was great.

Extremely laid back and welcoming Hostel.

Great staff, friendly and knowledgeable. Very good facilities, comfortable beds, all well thought through will personal electric plugs and bed side lamps. Breakfast was good, not a bad thing to say. A wonderful hostel

• 21st Jun 2014

An excellent hostel that boasts a great atmosphere. It's a 25 minute walk to old town but surrounded by coffee shops, supermarkets and dive bars if you want to stay close.

Loved this hostel! Staff were super friendly, location was great, super comfy beds, relaxed vibe and good facilities. Would stay here again.

Good location, easy to find, easy 20 min walk to the old center. Good kitchen, downstairs shower/bathroom is poor, best showers & bathrooms are upstairs. Only 1 in 4 staff were friendly. No staff know anything about travel in Romania, haven't traveled in their own country & can only tell you go to Brasov where the hostel there can tell you information. Staff does not know the times of any trains or buses. This happens when you have local staff work who have no connection to the hostel.

Dear Nicola, sorry you feel this way, you are one of the most difficult travelers that we have accommodated so far :) I can assure our future guests that we have a very friendly staff, as can been seen in all of our other reviews and we are very knowledgeable of traveling through out Romania, We usually sit down and work out a route on a big map when our guests leave from our hostel to visit our country. We have received many praises on these recommendations.No worries, see you guys soon :)

Excellent Hostel. Very Clean and had everything we needed. The Staff are VERY helpful and knowledgeable. Great Court Yard and Common room to meet other guests. Internet is fast, kitchen is clean and well equipped, beds clean and comfy. A good Hostel makes the experience in Bucharest City even better.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • ruskinrowe12

What a great wee hostel, well situated (far enough from the centre to get away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to be easily accessible). Very clean, fantastically friendly and helpful staff. My advice would be that if you're a light sleeper, you'd do good to bring earplugs, there's often music playing late at night or early morning. Other than that, can't fault it.

The staff members where super friendly and considerate, always willing to help. The hostel itself is very nice and well-located. I would definitely stay there again!

I think it is the best hostel in Bucharest, nice people working there, rooms and bathrooms very clean, very friendly and cozy atmosphere, it is easy from there to get a bus to go everywhere in the city, very very nice.

• 28th May 2014
  • Argentina

If you are in Bucharest, do yourself a favor and stay at the Umbrella Hostel. Valentin and Marco will do you right!

• 20th May 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the hostel. the only problem was the spiral staircase, as I am a person with limited mobility. The location was good, the historical city not too far away on foot, and the bus stopped just around the corner in Piata Romana. I would advise using the bus if coming from the airport. I asked the hostel to call me a taxi for my return, this turned out to be very expensive, but there had been a bad traffic accident and some roads were blocked.

Good chilled out hostel with nice staff and a lovely terrace

A beautiful and very clean building. In retrospect I would have stayed in the old town. I didn't find the location very convenient. Also a bit of a strange atmosphere. Quite quiet - I think they have trouble with neighbours because of the location. Really nowhere to hang out in the evening. There is a common room but it also appears to be a family living room so it's sort of weird to hang out there.

Hello Riaz. Thanks for the kind words about our Hostel. Sorry you found it a bit dull, you are probably the first person not to "connect" with our location. We keep things quiet after 23:00 in respect to the sleep time of our guests. We have won an award for best atmosphere in a Bucharest Hostel, so I can assure our furure guests that common areas are treated as priorities in our place. We have a huge outdoor terrace, a big common room and a very spacious equiped kitchen. See you guys soon ;)

Very clean hostel, Good location and helpful staff.

Great staff, one of the best hostel I be ever stayed in, everything's clean and very near of all Bucharest attractions