Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

Had a great stay. Friendly staff, good facilitie, felt very well there. Nothing to add, it was just fine

Very nice and friendly staff, always helpful and never tired to answer varies questions about further transportation. They even organised my stay in another hostel, when they got fully booked. The hostel is clean, Wifi is fast, lockers including lock makes it safe. Nice area for socializing in - and outside it's always a great atmosphere. I totally recommend Umbrella.

Nice hostel. Free Breakfast is good. Friendly and helpful staff

Wonderful staff - really took time to look after me as this was the first time I have stayed in a Hostel. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

I really like this hostel! The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, there is a nice kitchen and open area to hang out in, and it is not too loud. It is about a 20 minute walk to the old town. If I go back to Bucharest, I'll stay here again!

Staff members were friendly and provided helpful suggestions. About a 20 min walk from the downtown area, but the walk felt safe even after midnight. It's near the subway, a short (

• 20th Jul 2014

We had an amazing time staying at Umbrella Hostel. All the staff were excellent, always helping us out with whatever we needed and providing good advice about places to go and see in Bucharest and around Romania. I would definitely stay there again, and would encourage other travelers to do so as well!

Hotel quality with friendly hostel atmosphere...!! Chilled hostel with top notch facilities and kitchen area ideal for meeting people... Staff are so helpful and helped plan my onward journey... Thanks for a great stay...!!

I think Umbrella Hostel has the best staff i have ever seen after two years of traveling. They will answer all of your questions, help you book your next accommodation, give you great tips for sightseeing and parties in Bucharest and even give you a hand planning the rest of your trip. Besides the great service Umbrella Hostel provides everything you need: good beds, complete kitchen and a nice common area inside and out. I would definitely recommend this hostel as the best hostel in Bucharest.

Very nice and clean hostel.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Hostel very nice! Lots of facilities (many toilets, showers, sinks), everything we need in the kitchen is there and cleaned. There are a lot of paper sheets with infos written and it's very useful! Too bad we only stayed in that hostel for one night, we could've stayed longer. We had a 2 beds room and it felt almost like we were in a hotel. Also, outside in the yard, there was a big screen with people hanging out there, so the atmosphere was great.

Extremely laid back and welcoming Hostel.

Great staff, friendly and knowledgeable. Very good facilities, comfortable beds, all well thought through will personal electric plugs and bed side lamps. Breakfast was good, not a bad thing to say. A wonderful hostel

An excellent hostel that boasts a great atmosphere. It's a 25 minute walk to old town but surrounded by coffee shops, supermarkets and dive bars if you want to stay close.

Loved this hostel! Staff were super friendly, location was great, super comfy beds, relaxed vibe and good facilities. Would stay here again.

Good location, easy to find, easy 20 min walk to the old center. Good kitchen, downstairs shower/bathroom is poor, best showers & bathrooms are upstairs. Only 1 in 4 staff were friendly. No staff know anything about travel in Romania, haven't traveled in their own country & can only tell you go to Brasov where the hostel there can tell you information. Staff does not know the times of any trains or buses. This happens when you have local staff work who have no connection to the hostel.

Dear Nicola, sorry you feel this way, you are one of the most difficult travelers that we have accommodated so far :) I can assure our future guests that we have a very friendly staff, as can been seen in all of our other reviews and we are very knowledgeable of traveling through out Romania, We usually sit down and work out a route on a big map when our guests leave from our hostel to visit our country. We have received many praises on these recommendations.No worries, see you guys soon :)

Excellent Hostel. Very Clean and had everything we needed. The Staff are VERY helpful and knowledgeable. Great Court Yard and Common room to meet other guests. Internet is fast, kitchen is clean and well equipped, beds clean and comfy. A good Hostel makes the experience in Bucharest City even better.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • ruskinrowe12

What a great wee hostel, well situated (far enough from the centre to get away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to be easily accessible). Very clean, fantastically friendly and helpful staff. My advice would be that if you're a light sleeper, you'd do good to bring earplugs, there's often music playing late at night or early morning. Other than that, can't fault it.

The staff members where super friendly and considerate, always willing to help. The hostel itself is very nice and well-located. I would definitely stay there again!

I think it is the best hostel in Bucharest, nice people working there, rooms and bathrooms very clean, very friendly and cozy atmosphere, it is easy from there to get a bus to go everywhere in the city, very very nice.

• 28th May 2014