Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

As I found out it was a great choice to stay at the Umbrella hostel. Everything was just so great. The hostel is very clean and well organized. With it's big common areas it's easy to socialize! I had a great time in this hostel and cone definitely back when I crash into Bucharest again.

This is just a fabulous hostel in every respect. Thanks to the very helpful, nice and laid back staff!

had a wonderful stay, staff are amazing

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

We liked this hostel so much, we came back again at the end of our travels through Romania. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the nice courtyard was a great place to strike up a conversation with other travellers and the staff was extremely helpful. Plus: their tipps on where to go and what to see in Bukarest where a million times better than what we had read about in our travel guides....

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff and the owner were great and very friendly. The atmosphere in this place was really good. Very nice breakfast, space in the rooms, very clean kitchen and really good location near the French embassy. I chose this place because of a high rating, it didn't disappoint me . Worth visiting for sure.

The staff was wonderful and the place was clean! Staff circulated throughout the hostel, especially through the kitchen to put away things that guests did not and ensured cleanliness and that coffee was always hot. Kitchen has micro, large refrigerator & access to pleasant eating area outside. When asked, gave excellent directions here & there. When taxi was unavailable, the boss drove us quickly to the rail station.

Had a great stay. Friendly staff, good facilitie, felt very well there. Nothing to add, it was just fine

This hostel had amazing showers, rooms and a great breakfast. The showers were something you would find in a 5 star hotel and they were very clean. Breakfast even had peanut butter!! The staff were nice but kind of persuaded you to go to other places in Romania. They still helped us with booking transport though and were nice. Overall great stay and would recommend to anyone.

Very nice and friendly staff, always helpful and never tired to answer varies questions about further transportation. They even organised my stay in another hostel, when they got fully booked. The hostel is clean, Wifi is fast, lockers including lock makes it safe. Nice area for socializing in - and outside it's always a great atmosphere. I totally recommend Umbrella.

Nice hostel. Free Breakfast is good. Friendly and helpful staff

Wonderful staff - really took time to look after me as this was the first time I have stayed in a Hostel. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

I really like this hostel! The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, there is a nice kitchen and open area to hang out in, and it is not too loud. It is about a 20 minute walk to the old town. If I go back to Bucharest, I'll stay here again!

Staff members were friendly and provided helpful suggestions. About a 20 min walk from the downtown area, but the walk felt safe even after midnight. It's near the subway, a short (

• 20th Jul 2014

We had an amazing time staying at Umbrella Hostel. All the staff were excellent, always helping us out with whatever we needed and providing good advice about places to go and see in Bucharest and around Romania. I would definitely stay there again, and would encourage other travelers to do so as well!

Hotel quality with friendly hostel atmosphere...!! Chilled hostel with top notch facilities and kitchen area ideal for meeting people... Staff are so helpful and helped plan my onward journey... Thanks for a great stay...!!

I think Umbrella Hostel has the best staff i have ever seen after two years of traveling. They will answer all of your questions, help you book your next accommodation, give you great tips for sightseeing and parties in Bucharest and even give you a hand planning the rest of your trip. Besides the great service Umbrella Hostel provides everything you need: good beds, complete kitchen and a nice common area inside and out. I would definitely recommend this hostel as the best hostel in Bucharest.

Very nice and clean hostel.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Hostel very nice! Lots of facilities (many toilets, showers, sinks), everything we need in the kitchen is there and cleaned. There are a lot of paper sheets with infos written and it's very useful! Too bad we only stayed in that hostel for one night, we could've stayed longer. We had a 2 beds room and it felt almost like we were in a hotel. Also, outside in the yard, there was a big screen with people hanging out there, so the atmosphere was great.

Extremely laid back and welcoming Hostel.

Great staff, friendly and knowledgeable. Very good facilities, comfortable beds, all well thought through will personal electric plugs and bed side lamps. Breakfast was good, not a bad thing to say. A wonderful hostel