Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

Amazing hostel, it is really like a home away from home. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Definitely the cleanest hostel I have ever seen. Breakfast is free and served anytime in a very spacious and well-equipped kitchen where you can cook your own meals and socialise with other guests. The entire hostel is very nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable. The garden outside is very beautiful and great for smokers. Fantastic showers although ventilation is a bit weak in one of them

• 4th Nov 2014

This is the cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've ever stayed at. The beds are amazing! It is non smoking, but my room smelled like cigarettes at one point because the smokers leave the doors open when they go out sometimes, but that's really my only complaint. Staff is friendly and awesome, the breakfast is decent.

• 18th Oct 2014

We had a great stay at one of the double rooms. The hostel works at this huge beautiful house and the owner gave us great advices. I would stay there again for sure!

The staff was wonderful - helpful, friendly and funny. The kitchen was very well stocked, and the breakfast in the morning, while simple, was exactly what we needed. There were lockers for each dorm bed and the shared bathrooms were well maintained. The rec room was comfy - tables and benches with books and games for free use.

Ok hostel, bed wasn't great and breakfast was standard easter europe. Don't expect anyone to do anything proactive, but thats the culture. Enjoy.

Dear John, thank you for the effort submitting a review. Our beds are custom handmade and therefore bigger and more comfortable then anything you would be able to buy, as for breakfast, we are one of the last hostels to offer it complimentary and it includes: Tea Coffee bread cereals milk spreadable cheese yellow cheese pepperoni salami jam and butter,all of them conveniently served in a very large fully equipped kitchen, breakfast can be served whenever one wakes up.All of us are superfriendly

The staff is extremely helpful. The atmosphere is also great. its located 2 metro stations from the main square and it has great facilities.

Of the dozens of hostels I've stayed in, this the best hostel I've stayed at in Europe hands down. The staff were excellent, nothing was a problem, they were friendly and helpful. We almost missed our bus when our taxi to the bus station didn't show and they personally drove us to the bus station in spectacular fashion. The atmosphere was great and relaxing, yet lively at the same time. It's clean, secure, great value for money and a great time, will definitely stay here again. Thanks!

Amazing hostel. Amazing staff. Amazing outdoor courtyard. Super-clean. Can walk to old town and everything. Easy to get to from airport. One bus. Cool people. Cool common areas. Kitchen, hi-fi, free breakfast (all day basically), really cool staff, did I mention that? :)

Place was wonderful. Staff we're super helpful, and the atmosphere was very warming, not to mention the beautiful outdoor terrace! Will stay again!

Really awesome hostel that looks amazing and has a great atmosphere. Very clean and incredibly friendly and helpfull staf. A definite winner imo!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

As I found out it was a great choice to stay at the Umbrella hostel. Everything was just so great. The hostel is very clean and well organized. With it's big common areas it's easy to socialize! I had a great time in this hostel and cone definitely back when I crash into Bucharest again.

This is just a fabulous hostel in every respect. Thanks to the very helpful, nice and laid back staff!

had a wonderful stay, staff are amazing

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

We liked this hostel so much, we came back again at the end of our travels through Romania. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the nice courtyard was a great place to strike up a conversation with other travellers and the staff was extremely helpful. Plus: their tipps on where to go and what to see in Bukarest where a million times better than what we had read about in our travel guides....

Was the favourite hostel of our holiday. Had a great time with the other guests, close to the shops, proper kitchen available. Very clean hostel, and very helpful staff. Had a great time!

Great value for money. Recommend this place. Very clean. Free breakfast is great.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff and the owner were great and very friendly. The atmosphere in this place was really good. Very nice breakfast, space in the rooms, very clean kitchen and really good location near the French embassy. I chose this place because of a high rating, it didn't disappoint me . Worth visiting for sure.

The staff was wonderful and the place was clean! Staff circulated throughout the hostel, especially through the kitchen to put away things that guests did not and ensured cleanliness and that coffee was always hot. Kitchen has micro, large refrigerator & access to pleasant eating area outside. When asked, gave excellent directions here & there. When taxi was unavailable, the boss drove us quickly to the rail station.

Had a great stay. Friendly staff, good facilitie, felt very well there. Nothing to add, it was just fine

This hostel had amazing showers, rooms and a great breakfast. The showers were something you would find in a 5 star hotel and they were very clean. Breakfast even had peanut butter!! The staff were nice but kind of persuaded you to go to other places in Romania. They still helped us with booking transport though and were nice. Overall great stay and would recommend to anyone.