Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

I really enjoyed my two times here. The staff was especially wonderful and helpful.

Wonderful place, the staff s the best, super friendly and helpful The hostel very nice and clean, confy beds and good atmosphere, but the peoplenis the best I will come back

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Umbrella Hostel. The room was nice, staff very friendly and helpful and the location of the hostel excellent!

This hostel was exactly as advertised. My only minor complaint was that all the rooms have windows that open up into the courtyard which is the most-used common area. That said, it has great facilities with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Highly recommended!

Great hostel. Particularly the owner Valentin, great guys, always there to help!

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

very nice place & kind people working there! it feels like be at 'home' with friends :)

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Lovely hostel, horrible bathrooms! No, seriously, I was really expecting more from the bathrooms. Far from the main touristic sites, but that's ok... you can pretty much walk anywhere from there. Very good kitchen.

Friendly staff, nice hostel within walking distance to attractions

One of the best hostels I have been too, I was sad to not have stayed longer! Impeccably clean, friendly staff and super helpful with maps and tips. Free breakfast was basic but, it's free. Location is slightly out from the old town but I liked it as it was in a quieter more local part of town and close to the other sites to see in the north part of the city. Overall couldn't recommend more! Also do the free walking tour, is a must.

Great hostel with an even better staff. Eddie at the front desk actually called the train station to get the times for my 3-train journey to Belgrade. Super helpful. Really great hostel. Good wifi good location nice atmosphere. Quite happy with it!

Really nice staff! The guys are really helpful and friendly. Also, the beds are comfy, the rooms are good, and the bathroom is amazing (really good shower!). It was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed, for sure.

This was a great hostel to stay in! I wish I could have stayed longer in Bucharest. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating. I felt safe and secure here and would highly recommend this hostel to anyone. We stayed in the delux private ensuite, were private and felt good.

• 9th Mar 2015

Great staff, great location and great atmosphere in this hostel. Absolutely loved my stay here and I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Bucharest.

I have very much enjoyed my stay at umbrella, it did not disappoint. The staff were very helpful and friendly with a lot of smiles...the bed were clean comfortable and large rooms. It is perfect for a solo traveler. Wifi is excellent, I definitely would come back, nothing that I did not like or made my stay unpleasant.

Friendly staff on hand to help and advise. The shower just behind the stairs is amazing. Great value for money and a great location. I went in February and it was cosy and warm. The kitchen is fab and the common room is great to hang out in. Very good Wi-Fi.

Nice home hostel. Friendly staff and great location. Was waking distance to most of attractions.

The hostel was helpful and a nice place to stay. The employees appeared to have some friends over that were loud past midnight. Everyone was nice and helpful. We weren't big fans of the bathroom and someone ate our food from the fridge but those were small issues. Overall it was a nice place to stay

One of the nicest places we have stayed in Romania so far. An old authentic building and everything you need as a traveller: fully equipped kitchen, washing machines, clean common bathrooms and showers. The ensuite room was very nice and comfy. The only problem for us was the so-called Romanian style orthopedic mattress (it's when you have springs pushing you in the ribs) but it's a common thing here, as well as in China 8) Guys at the desk were most friendly and helpful, thank you! Ykitai.com

Great hostel - more chilled and not a party-all-time place

Very nice and clean hostel in a quiet neighbourhood of Bucharest. Helpful staff with lots of information. It was a pleasant stay.