Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

What a great wee hostel, well situated (far enough from the centre to get away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to be easily accessible). Very clean, fantastically friendly and helpful staff. My advice would be that if you're a light sleeper, you'd do good to bring earplugs, there's often music playing late at night or early morning. Other than that, can't fault it.

The staff members where super friendly and considerate, always willing to help. The hostel itself is very nice and well-located. I would definitely stay there again!

I think it is the best hostel in Bucharest, nice people working there, rooms and bathrooms very clean, very friendly and cozy atmosphere, it is easy from there to get a bus to go everywhere in the city, very very nice.

• 28th May 2014
  • Argentina

If you are in Bucharest, do yourself a favor and stay at the Umbrella Hostel. Valentin and Marco will do you right!

• 20th May 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the hostel. the only problem was the spiral staircase, as I am a person with limited mobility. The location was good, the historical city not too far away on foot, and the bus stopped just around the corner in Piata Romana. I would advise using the bus if coming from the airport. I asked the hostel to call me a taxi for my return, this turned out to be very expensive, but there had been a bad traffic accident and some roads were blocked.

Good chilled out hostel with nice staff and a lovely terrace

A beautiful and very clean building. In retrospect I would have stayed in the old town. I didn't find the location very convenient. Also a bit of a strange atmosphere. Quite quiet - I think they have trouble with neighbours because of the location. Really nowhere to hang out in the evening. There is a common room but it also appears to be a family living room so it's sort of weird to hang out there.

Hello Riaz. Thanks for the kind words about our Hostel. Sorry you found it a bit dull, you are probably the first person not to "connect" with our location. We keep things quiet after 23:00 in respect to the sleep time of our guests. We have won an award for best atmosphere in a Bucharest Hostel, so I can assure our furure guests that common areas are treated as priorities in our place. We have a huge outdoor terrace, a big common room and a very spacious equiped kitchen. See you guys soon ;)

Very clean hostel, Good location and helpful staff.

Great staff, one of the best hostel I be ever stayed in, everything's clean and very near of all Bucharest attractions

I am not a fan of the city but i love this hostel..location , staff, facilities, everything is excellent. I can't recommend this hostel enough ..

we'll be back so much - that you will be sick of looking at us!!!!!

Thanks Razvan, I didnt have any information on Bucharest travel but you taught me everything :)

1 2 Next » last »