Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

I loved my stay at umbrella hostel. Amazing and helpful staff, clean and modern facilities, breakfast anytime of day!, huge bunk beds and easy walk of all the sites, metro and not too far from the station too. Extended my stay for an extra night too!

A really great hostel. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here, the staff and owners were super friendly and helpful. The hostel its self was clean and tidy and our room was excellent. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Bucharest.

Very good hostel. Great beds, good facilities, clean, very professional. Bit of an older crowd, probably because of the off season. Definitely recommended.

I just stayed one night here but the staff (Eddie) was very nice and helpful, and the facilities were good.

Great hostel. Well run and a nice place to stay. Staff were very welcoming and extremely helpful.

A good and quiet Hostel in Bucharest with a good value for Money. Good location, clean bathroom and clean room.

• 23rd Sep 2013

I was alone for the weekend there, and it was very nice and save. The area is very central so easy to acces, the staff is very friendly and there is a very nice atmosphere in the hostel.! I really recommend it!

• 13th Sep 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay, staff was more than happy to help and created a good friendly atmosphere. I stayed in a lot of hostel around the world and Umbrella is one to remember.

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Israel

Excellent hostel with a good location. Don't miss the free walking tour which they recommend - it's brilliant!

It was an O.K. stay. The staff were a little unwelcoming and the place had an unfriendly atmosphere. Not worth it to me.

Sorry you felt unwelcome at our Hostel. You guys did arrive one day earlier unannounced, and refused to understand that we could not accommodate you, and left with a late check out at 16:00 without announcing us that you would not stay the extra night you had booked. NOT COOL ! For other potential guests : We have an award for best atmosphere in a hostel from Hostelbookers and we guarantee you will discover the opposite from what these guys have described. See you soon :)

The staff is friendly and helpful - they even give you their beds of you'd like to stay another night or two and the hostel is fully booked. I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel and would definetly come back again!

• 20th Aug 2013

Clean, friendly staff, they try to help you if u need smthg, very nice position, they gave us bikes for free.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Romania

Umbrella is a nice spot in Bucharest. North of city center but not a far walk. Very quiet place. It's as if u are not even in the city. Shower is one of the best I've been around. Toilets are tight though, so if u are talk have fun wiping your ass!

The staff were so nice, and very helpful. They gave excellent directions and answered all sorts of questions. I would stay there again.

Nice location and everything you need is nearby. The kitchen is really good.

Very nice hostel with a pleasant yard. Very clean and very good beds ! Staff helpful and friendly.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Stayed here twice, and would do so again. Very good location, nice and helpful staff. Very clean.

• 31st Jul 2013

Miss you all, guys! Was in Bucharest in August and met all the friendly and helpful staff at Umbrella. Big thank you to the 'kitchen angel'!

Staff was very friendly & helpful. Location isn't ideal for sites, but it is a good value. The breakfast is good and outside courtyard is a nice place to relax.

Very good hostel near the city center and also near to a metro station. Nothing to complain about, very clean, nice staff, cool people, common area inside and outside. Can recommend it!