Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

Nice location, great place to chill out. Would stay again.

Everyone is amazing! supermarket and natural market on the corner. shout out to the neighbors! WIsh we had stayed eternally longer. best place in the city. oxoxo SARASHLEY.

• 5th Jul 2013

Very relaxed and nice staff.

Great place, very nice staff

My second stay at this hostel, great atmosphere, awesome vibes, real cool people! Would stay there again if I return to Bucharest! :-)

Unfortunately our 24hours in Bucharest were met with about 20hours of torrential rain! So we couldn't go out and explore and had to spend lot of time in the hostel. Luckily it was clean and comfortable to stay in. Our room was spacious and the en suite was very plush. The staff were really friendly and keen to tell us about Bucharest, the things to see and the history etc. It was just a shame that we couldn't really go out to see any of it! An excellent place to stay.

Loved my stay here and I've got a second stay booked so I guess that sums up how much I enjoyed this hostel! :-)

Very nice, welcoming and lovely staff !

Great Hostel.

Fantastic hostel with outstanding facilities. Staff and boss were extremely helpful. Most comfortable matresses we have ever experienced in a hostel.

Stayed in private room - clean, comfortable and spacious. Great hostel - very quiet, friendly and with staff who are helpful and personable. Will stay here when I'm next in Bucharest.

really nice place, big construction with nice rooms. the owner is so nice and i suggest to ask him about the city and what to do

What a great hostel! The staff went out of their way to be helpful. When we had to leave very early in the morning for the airport, they ordered a cab for us and even had someone available to tell the cab driver where we were going. While we were there, they hosted a three course meal for a very reasonable price for all of their guests. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Great Hostel. Very clean. Friendly Staff.

Hostel is clean and good-looking. Breakfast really nice.

A well run and pleasant hostel. Breakfast is pretty good, with bread, ham, cheese plus a toastie maker. The location of the hostel is in the middle of the old town area and the museum area so, whilst it's not perfect for either, it's ideal for both. Highly recommended.

It was worth every penny, and i will for sure recommend it to anyone who are going to Bucharest. Very nice staff, good position in the center of Bucharest, nice rooms, easy to check in and leave, everything was perfect!

The rooms are nice, beds comfy. But everything else was lacking. 24hr reception was asleep, we had to ring the bell and eventually call (with roaming charges) to get in at 6am. At other times the door to hostel is left open and no one is at reception. There is no sound insulation so its very loud. Air con had no power point. It's a 15 minute walk to the main sights. Use the upstairs showers, the downstairs ones leave you with men taking a dump next to your shower stall.

This place is pretty sweet. There is a great outdoor spot where people can relax and have some beers and always a shower open on either level of the complex. Beds are nice and comfortable, and kitchen is Legit, always with breakfast food put to pick at. Only slight negative kicker is its a 15-20 min walk to Old Town which is hard to stumble back from drunk at 4am, but not too bad. A good stay, great staff, great time.

This was our second stay at Umbrella Hostel. This time my wife and I reserved a private room with shared bathroom. It was upstairs, away from the street and front desk noise from our previous stay in the ground-floor 8-person mixed bunk room. The room was great, the owner Val was fantastic, and we wouldn't hesitate to book again.'