Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

Very nice hostel with freindly staff. We can recommend it

Very nice place to stay in Bucarest, it is very big and the manager is very cool. This is not so close to the old town but it is worth staying there. Would recommend for sure.

The Umbrella hostel is truly magnificent. It is definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in and would highly recommend it to all travellers. The Umbrella is set in a beautiful environment, tucked away in an older style residential building with a gorgeous giant garden wall and spacious outdoor area, the ambience is peaceful and relaxing. You really feel at home as soon as you soon as you step through the doors. Vali the owner has really done an exceptional job providing a sanctuary for travellers to Bucharest. Come and experience this unique gem you will not be disappointed :)

Awesome! We spent 2 nights at the Umbrella Hostel and it was the best place for my friends and me to stay. We arrived quite late at night due to our flight schedule and Eddie was at reception waiting to welcome us. Everything vas very clean, comfortable beds, nice brakfast choice and lovely staff, plus there is a terrace where u can enjoy your free time and meet people! Dont hesitate to come here.

The best hostel in Bucharest. The staff is very welcoming and the hostel has high standards. You can find out interesting details about Filip's life, if you ask him... :) Vali is the best owner and friend!

• 11th Jul 2013

Great hostel - perfect location, great value for money and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly! Bedrooms and kitchen very modern and nice.

Nothing special with this one

Probably one of, if not the nicest hostel i have stayed in, in the last 2 years travelling around europe, the breakfast was great and the hostel facilites and the staff were exceptional, can not fault

Buna Ziua! Hostel Umbrella is a great place to stay for a short or a long stay. I truly enjoyed my four days at the hostel due to the good facilities, the well equipped kitchen, the quiet environment at night, and especially because of the staff. Eddie, Filip, Andreea, and Dan are such good natured individuals, who greet their guests with a smile everyday. This is indeed a good hostel which totally deserves it's high rating! La revedere! Amagi Patrick

Nice location, great place to chill out. Would stay again.

Everyone is amazing! supermarket and natural market on the corner. shout out to the neighbors! WIsh we had stayed eternally longer. best place in the city. oxoxo SARASHLEY.

• 5th Jul 2013

Very relaxed and nice staff.

Great place, very nice staff

My second stay at this hostel, great atmosphere, awesome vibes, real cool people! Would stay there again if I return to Bucharest! :-)

Unfortunately our 24hours in Bucharest were met with about 20hours of torrential rain! So we couldn't go out and explore and had to spend lot of time in the hostel. Luckily it was clean and comfortable to stay in. Our room was spacious and the en suite was very plush. The staff were really friendly and keen to tell us about Bucharest, the things to see and the history etc. It was just a shame that we couldn't really go out to see any of it! An excellent place to stay.

Loved my stay here and I've got a second stay booked so I guess that sums up how much I enjoyed this hostel! :-)

Very nice, welcoming and lovely staff !

Great Hostel.

Fantastic hostel with outstanding facilities. Staff and boss were extremely helpful. Most comfortable matresses we have ever experienced in a hostel.

Stayed in private room - clean, comfortable and spacious. Great hostel - very quiet, friendly and with staff who are helpful and personable. Will stay here when I'm next in Bucharest.