Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

I am not a fan of the city but i love this hostel..location , staff, facilities, everything is excellent. I can't recommend this hostel enough ..

we'll be back so much - that you will be sick of looking at us!!!!!

Thanks Razvan, I didnt have any information on Bucharest travel but you taught me everything :)

Great experience overall! They have all the bases covered...from hooks and individual lights for each bed, to lockers, great showers and a decent breakfast. What separates them was the staff. This can make or break a place for me. The entire group of guys running the show are awesome! Helpful, knowledgeable (not just about the city, either) and willing to do whatever it takes to make your trip a great one. Thanks to the entire staff at Umbrella!

This hostel was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff was very helpful and kind, especially Valentin and his dad. The whole place was clean and the atmosphere was nice. It's location is also prime to every sightseeing place in the city. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Romania.

• 5th Feb 2014

Best youth hostel ever!

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

Very good location, everything near by!! Clean and beautiful old house with specific architecture. Very helpful staff and relaxing ambience! Totaly best hostel i've visited!

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Romania

This hostel was awesome! Both of us really enjoyed our stay and that was largely due to the awesome staff that worked there. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful! The hostel itself is so clean and felt like a home!

• 16th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!! Hot showers, great modern kitchen with everything you need and a owner and staff that truly cares about making the hostel as comfortable and cozy as possible. The beds all have outlets near them so you can charge your phone and also a personal light. The rooms come with lockers as well and of course the wifi is free and fast. I couldn't have built a better hostel myself!

I spent two nights at the Umbrella Hostel in November 2013. I was pleased with teh very central location, the nice terrace, common areas and dorms. The atmosphere is great as well, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Everything is very clean, cosy and practical. The formula night+breakfast is also a very value for money, I would recommend it without any hesitation!

Really cool communal areas. The staff are super helpful, give you good advise which is great in a city like Bucharest which isnt the most touristy place on earth. Enjoyed hanging out in the kitchen and outdoor areas with the other guests. -All clean, cozy....cannot fault it. Thanks guys! Awesome Hostel.

I loved my stay at umbrella hostel. Amazing and helpful staff, clean and modern facilities, breakfast anytime of day!, huge bunk beds and easy walk of all the sites, metro and not too far from the station too. Extended my stay for an extra night too!

A really great hostel. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here, the staff and owners were super friendly and helpful. The hostel its self was clean and tidy and our room was excellent. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Bucharest.

Very good hostel. Great beds, good facilities, clean, very professional. Bit of an older crowd, probably because of the off season. Definitely recommended.

I just stayed one night here but the staff (Eddie) was very nice and helpful, and the facilities were good.