Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

Super hostel. J'ai adoré.

I have very much enjoyed my stay at umbrella, it did not disappoint. The staff were very helpful and friendly with a lot of smiles...the bed were clean comfortable and large rooms. It is perfect for a solo traveler. Wifi is excellent, I definitely would come back, nothing that I did not like or made my stay unpleasant.

Friendly staff on hand to help and advise. The shower just behind the stairs is amazing. Great value for money and a great location. I went in February and it was cosy and warm. The kitchen is fab and the common room is great to hang out in. Very good Wi-Fi.

Nice home hostel. Friendly staff and great location. Was waking distance to most of attractions.

Sehr sauber und komfortables Hostel. Küche sehr gepflegt. Auch das Personal ist jederzeit um das Wohlbefinden ihrer Gäste bemüht. Gerne wieder!

The hostel was helpful and a nice place to stay. The employees appeared to have some friends over that were loud past midnight. Everyone was nice and helpful. We weren't big fans of the bathroom and someone ate our food from the fridge but those were small issues. Overall it was a nice place to stay

One of the nicest places we have stayed in Romania so far. An old authentic building and everything you need as a traveller: fully equipped kitchen, washing machines, clean common bathrooms and showers. The ensuite room was very nice and comfy. The only problem for us was the so-called Romanian style orthopedic mattress (it's when you have springs pushing you in the ribs) but it's a common thing here, as well as in China 8) Guys at the desk were most friendly and helpful, thank you! Ykitai.com

Great hostel - more chilled and not a party-all-time place

Very nice and clean hostel in a quiet neighbourhood of Bucharest. Helpful staff with lots of information. It was a pleasant stay.

Valentin was the perfect host; he literally knew everything about his city. He recommended the free walking tour, the hottest bars and clubs and the tastiest restaurants. His hostel was spotless and, despite being -20 degrees at night, the bedrooms were somehow kept warm and toasty. We met people of all types, ages and nationalities, which was unique and very refreshing. Just a short walk from a 24 hour supermarket, the main boulevard and metro station, Umbrella Hostel really has it all. 10/10

• 29th Dec 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Umbrella hostel very much. It is located on walking distance from the touristic center. Breakfast included, very friendly staff that speaks english, they give a lot of info. It is easy to meet other travelers.

Very comfortable bed and good facilities. A bit far from city centre but it was ok.

This was the most warm and welcoming place I stayed in while in romania. Lovely common room and kitchen, friendy staff and good location. I had a four person dorm to myself for one night which was a bonus.

Such a nice hostel!! Definitely stay here! The staff was very helpful on recommending different activities to do and how to get places we needed to go.

• 21st Nov 2014

Muy bien excepto la habitacion a la izquierda a la recepcion es un poco rudioso!

Good Atmosphere, 20min walking to the city center, good price, fair conditions.

Amazing hostel, it is really like a home away from home. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Definitely the cleanest hostel I have ever seen. Breakfast is free and served anytime in a very spacious and well-equipped kitchen where you can cook your own meals and socialise with other guests. The entire hostel is very nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable. The garden outside is very beautiful and great for smokers. Fantastic showers although ventilation is a bit weak in one of them

Excellent!

This is one of the nicest hostels we've been to given the price!

This is the cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've ever stayed at. The beds are amazing! It is non smoking, but my room smelled like cigarettes at one point because the smokers leave the doors open when they go out sometimes, but that's really my only complaint. Staff is friendly and awesome, the breakfast is decent.

• 18th Oct 2014