Umbrella Hostel Reviews

Christian Tell Str, No 21, Bucharest, Romania

One of the best hostels I have been too, I was sad to not have stayed longer! Impeccably clean, friendly staff and super helpful with maps and tips. Free breakfast was basic but, it's free. Location is slightly out from the old town but I liked it as it was in a quieter more local part of town and close to the other sites to see in the north part of the city. Overall couldn't recommend more! Also do the free walking tour, is a must.

Great hostel with an even better staff. Eddie at the front desk actually called the train station to get the times for my 3-train journey to Belgrade. Super helpful. Really great hostel. Good wifi good location nice atmosphere. Quite happy with it!

Really nice staff! The guys are really helpful and friendly. Also, the beds are comfy, the rooms are good, and the bathroom is amazing (really good shower!). It was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed, for sure.

Excelent hospitality 100% recomendable

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This was a great hostel to stay in! I wish I could have stayed longer in Bucharest. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating. I felt safe and secure here and would highly recommend this hostel to anyone. We stayed in the delux private ensuite, were private and felt good.

• 9th Mar 2015

Great staff, great location and great atmosphere in this hostel. Absolutely loved my stay here and I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Bucharest.

Super hostel. J'ai adoré.

I have very much enjoyed my stay at umbrella, it did not disappoint. The staff were very helpful and friendly with a lot of smiles...the bed were clean comfortable and large rooms. It is perfect for a solo traveler. Wifi is excellent, I definitely would come back, nothing that I did not like or made my stay unpleasant.

Friendly staff on hand to help and advise. The shower just behind the stairs is amazing. Great value for money and a great location. I went in February and it was cosy and warm. The kitchen is fab and the common room is great to hang out in. Very good Wi-Fi.

Nice home hostel. Friendly staff and great location. Was waking distance to most of attractions.

Sehr sauber und komfortables Hostel. Küche sehr gepflegt. Auch das Personal ist jederzeit um das Wohlbefinden ihrer Gäste bemüht. Gerne wieder!

The hostel was helpful and a nice place to stay. The employees appeared to have some friends over that were loud past midnight. Everyone was nice and helpful. We weren't big fans of the bathroom and someone ate our food from the fridge but those were small issues. Overall it was a nice place to stay

One of the nicest places we have stayed in Romania so far. An old authentic building and everything you need as a traveller: fully equipped kitchen, washing machines, clean common bathrooms and showers. The ensuite room was very nice and comfy. The only problem for us was the so-called Romanian style orthopedic mattress (it's when you have springs pushing you in the ribs) but it's a common thing here, as well as in China 8) Guys at the desk were most friendly and helpful, thank you! Ykitai.com

Great hostel - more chilled and not a party-all-time place

Very nice and clean hostel in a quiet neighbourhood of Bucharest. Helpful staff with lots of information. It was a pleasant stay.

Valentin was the perfect host; he literally knew everything about his city. He recommended the free walking tour, the hottest bars and clubs and the tastiest restaurants. His hostel was spotless and, despite being -20 degrees at night, the bedrooms were somehow kept warm and toasty. We met people of all types, ages and nationalities, which was unique and very refreshing. Just a short walk from a 24 hour supermarket, the main boulevard and metro station, Umbrella Hostel really has it all. 10/10

• 29th Dec 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Umbrella hostel very much. It is located on walking distance from the touristic center. Breakfast included, very friendly staff that speaks english, they give a lot of info. It is easy to meet other travelers.

Very comfortable bed and good facilities. A bit far from city centre but it was ok.

This was the most warm and welcoming place I stayed in while in romania. Lovely common room and kitchen, friendy staff and good location. I had a four person dorm to myself for one night which was a bonus.

Such a nice hostel!! Definitely stay here! The staff was very helpful on recommending different activities to do and how to get places we needed to go.