United Backpackers Reviews

250 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Australia

Super friendly and helpful staff! Would stay here again.

This place was awesome. There was nothing that I would say they need to improve upon. The staff was great. Comfy beds, good wifi (although it's only in the common areas, but that's OK). They also have a travel agent that's great and super helpful. Great place and I'd stay there again. Highly recommend it.

Very highly recommended because of its location just across Flinders St. Railway Station, excellent service, and security guidelines.

Very well located and super comfy beds. The only thing was I had to cancel my last two nights there as my plans changed: despite telling them 5days in advance, they did not give me a refund, just a voucher for those two nights only valid at that hostel and non transferrable - so basically I lost my money. SUCKED.

There is no air conditioning in the rooms, it was unbearable and very difficult to sleep. This is despite the fact that it was verging on cold outside and we had the ceiling and a pedestal fan on. This made me want to leave early, and was one of the only bad things about the place - but it is the one thing they should get right. Not worth staying there.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Good stay, good facility and staff. The atmosphere was okay but not overly friendly. A good number of people that kept to themselves.

• 20th Feb 2015

Great facilities and location however not having the air conditioning working in the rooms made them unbearable, worse than a sauna. One of the main reasons I booked it was for the AC in the middle of the Aus summer and was throughly let down.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

great location cheap bar

Great stay, air cond would be nice though as it got a tad hot in the dorms at night. Granted it was 36 and high humidity during the day, but the fans didn't really help. Will stay again when in Melbourne next.

My 3rd stay here. Still my favourite hostel in Melbourne. Best location. Facilities still pretty new. Free Wifi, though its a bit weak. Power beside every bed is handy. Most staff are pretty cool.

Beds were super comfy! People were friendly Just wish the bar opened a little earlier and stayed open a little later.....

Overall a great stay here. Extended my booking an extra 2 nights. Location is perfect and the facilities are great -big kitchen with ample room to store food, a bar with events on every night and washing/drying. Only minor point was the wifi which only worked properly at reception. But apart from this its a great hostel and one that I would happily return to!

Had a great time here met a good group of people on the Fitzroy tour and the staff were really friendly

• 13th Feb 2015

Air con would be great in the bathrooms!!! As well as being specified which rooms it was in when booking, however loved our stay :)

Pretty good spot, sorry the no byo booze policy is total bull. Their cheap drinks are like a buck off

As a woman of 68, felt totally safe and comfortable. One minor technical issue resolved quickly. Would definitely recommend.

• 10th Feb 2015

Absolutely loved my stay at United! Everyone was super friendly and helpful and knew a lot about Melbourne. Definitely recommended to everyone considering a hostel there!

• 7th Feb 2015

Really great hostel, very modern with personal plugs and night lights for every bed. Massive kitchen/dining area, cosy rooms to chill in and a big bar. I was there over the weekend when a bar crawl came through but once up in the room couldn't hear a thing from the bar. Reception was knowledgeable. Bathrooms were clean. Beds were comfy. Would definitely recommend.

Third time I have stayed here, and for the third time I haven't been disappointed. Very impressive. Great atmosphere. Great location. Great value! Regularly sold out too, would book early and stay here as soon as possible.

I loved United Backpackers.Everything is top notch, from the rooms, to the facilities, to the tours and the staff. I went on two tours, to the markets and through the city. The guides were super friendly and welcoming. The location could not be better! Close to everything and anything, across the street from flinders street station. The kitchen is A+ with great facilities, and lots of seating. Chill out room and tv room are relaxing and comfy. Everything is clean. The staff are the best Ive met!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7