United Backpackers Reviews

250 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I hv stayed in a 12 beds dorms. the room is quite small. stuffs are all on the floor. air circulation is not good. the room smells. they got open kitchen, so even worse at night after dinner. the worst thing is that it is too noisy as the pubs are right outside n the trash car comes every morning at 6am. beds are comfortable. everyone has own lockers. free Wi-Fi provided but only in common area.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

I had visited Melbourne for the first time and planned to stay at united backpakers. After I checked in, I realised that this was the best decision I made as the place was in the heart of city, opposite the train station and next to everything - Fast Food, restaurants, clubs, bars.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • India

Let's get the bad out of the way first - creaky bunk beds. Other than that I can't fault this place. There is plenty of chatter in the kitchen but I don't hear it from the third floor, and it closes at midnight. Staff work around the clock to keep the place clean, and they put their foot down whenyou ask to bring outsiders in, no exceptions. Great humour in the signs, heaps of activities, air conditioning in the upper floors, sockets for all, plus there's 10 on the telly, so I can watch F1 races

This is the best hostel I have been in Australia. The only thing better to added is to create more art works for example, paint some nice black line simple artworks. Another thing is the rubbish truck works too early, a little noise, but does not too much matter. Thanks for all the staffs and it is really worth money to choose.

Perfect location across from Flinders St. Station and other modes of public transportation. Walking distance to some of the best food and nightlife in Melbourne. Bathrooms are quite small in Ensuites. Wifi common areas are too busy and noisy to find somewhere comfortable to sit to eat or go online. Staff was extremely helpful and kind. Security was very tight and felt safe while there. I enjoyed my stay overall. I recommend it.

Can literally think of nothing bad about my stay, exceeded every expectation that I had. I used a lock for my things the first day and never used it again as everyone if so friendly and courteous. Couldn't think of a better location, have never encountered friendlier staff in my life, I didn't want to leave when I went out as the atmosphere is so fun and friendly. I was surprised by how clean the place was, and had every facility I would use in a home. I shall definitely be returning.

• 26th Mar 2014

전반적으로 마음에 드는 백팩커스였어요. 매일 다르게 구성된 프로그램 참여도 할 수 있어서 친구들 사귀기도 좋구요. 샤워룸도 깨끗합니다. 다만 무선인터넷 사용하기가 좀 불편했어요!

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

A good hostel right in the CBD, so relatively easy to get there. The rooms are spacious and clean, especially the beds are really good and have lockers. Free wifi in the common area. But at least when I was there, just very young people seemed to stay in the hostel, so some older ones would have been cool to go out with. In general few activities in the hostel. All in all a fair hostel to stay in, but due to socialising and the very young people I would choose another one next time.

Great central location, easy to get anywhere. And it certainly shows that it's new, great facilities. Outlet next to each bed is a huge plus. They need a bit more space more common areas though. Hallway was always filled with people who I presume couldn't get wifi in their rooms. Hardly a big deal though.

An all around good hostel in an excellent location in downtown Melbourne, close to restaurants, Flinders Station and many other amenities. I would stay there again.

I enjoyed my time at this hostel, it's very clean and quite a good atmosphere. I stayed when it was 40 degree's for a week, it was way too hot in the hostel, no air con. Tv room is a nice place to hang out in. Great location!

Best hostel I've stayed at in Australia. Only "downside" is the lack of wifi in the rooms - but on the other hand it forces people to go to the social areas, so I actually didn't mind! If you're travelling alone, you should most def stay at this hostel

We had a fantastic stay at this hostel, extremely clean kitchen and showers. There are lockers under the bed ideal for valuables, fantastic set up with a great décor. The people we met here were super friendly and it was our first time in a 10 man dorm, so I was a bit anxious, but this was not a problem at all. One of the best hostels I have stayed in during my 7 months travelling Australia.

Poor - WIFI only picked up on level 1, not on level 3 (nor in bedrooms). Kitchen and TV room didn't cater for a large enought quantity of people. Everyone was sitting on the floor along the halls and infront of the lift.

Loved this place! Very clean and great location! Staff is very helpfull and beds are amazingly comfortable! The only problem is that is a huge hostel with dozen of rooms per floor, but great place to be, big kitchen and toilets and commom areas! I do recommend!

This is a very busy hostel in the city centre. Perfect location. It is new, very clean and well equipped. BUT beware: I didn't like the atmopshere at all. The kitchen and floors are crowded with party-like yelling crazy drunk young people. It is imposible to sit down and have a meal in nice, calm and relaxing atmosphere as long you don't use earplugs. Furthermore there is no habitable room, so you are forced to use the horrible, annoying kitchen/floor.

A good hostel in a great location. The only negative point was the tiny window-slit design in the 12-bedder room. Just don't know how could such a tiny opening be able to ventilate and cool the big room. So the room stayed very warm and stuffy until after midnite when the cooler temperature offered a little relief. So beware of the 12-bedder room!

Big "party hostel" in an unbeatable location near the Federation Square. It's a walking distance to the Southern Cross train/bus station, even with a heavy backpack. There's a super cool "dvd" movie theater room where people are lying on matresses in a semi-conscious state and watching movies in the dark. Totally recommended!

Perfect location that is close to public transport and within walking distance to most attractions. The hostel was clean and tidy with a huge well equipped kitchen. The 10-bed dorm was huge but like other people have mentioned it could have been improved with air conditioning or windows that opened to allow some fresh air! All in all a great hostel experience though. I will stay again.

Hi there! - Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. Yep, you sure can't beat this location eh?! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay - we look forward to seeing you again! Safe Travels Jess Operations Manager United Backpackers

Amazing location. Brand new hostel so everything very clean and to a high standard. If anything, they've over done it on the security. Need a key card to get through almost every door in the building - don't ever let it leave your side or you're screwed!

Hi there! Thanks for leaving your thoughts - we're super glad you enjoyed your stay (yep, we work around the clock to keep the building spick and span - thanks for noticing!). Security is super important to us and our guests - I hope you never forgot your key! (but it's ok if you did because our amazing staff are here 24 hours a day to help!) Safe Travels Jess Ops Manager United Backpackers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4