United Backpackers

8.8
Fabulous 1670 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 31-40
12th Aug 2017

Great location, awesome staff, quite clean.

• USA, Male, 25-30
10th Aug 2017

Honestly the best hostel experience I've had. Clean, great location, secure. Basement bar was great and had lots going on. Doel welcomed us from the beginning, introduced us to other backpackers, and took us out clubbing. 11/10 would stay again.

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2017

Great Staff. Great Location! Great time!

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2017
7.4

The location is good but if you are finding a hostel which close to Flinder Street Station, there are lots of hostels there. You don't need to stay in this one. Because I was very disappointed by staffs there. Using the app to check in didn't make it faster, on the other hand, it took so much time. And the person who was at reception was not nice. Maybe he just went through a bad day but he shouldn't act like that. It made me feel so bad I could say.

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
8th Aug 2017

Great place, very social atmosphere and super central. Big up to Doel for making my stay flawess. Free pancakes in the morning and assistance for anything locally. Check it out!

• jamesspruce939389
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
8.0

Great location and staff are super friendly. Only issue I had was cleanliness. There was some dried up spew next to my bed. Must have been like a week old. There's was a bad smell lingering from it. Showers to were pretty dirty, just didn't sensed to get cleaned on a regular basis over my long stay. Other than that everything else was great!

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Never stayed in hostel before and so was quite apprehensive about using one. Upon checking in I was greeted by a very friendly member of staff, Doel, and couldn't have been nicer to me, allowing me to use the shower and to hold my luggage until my check in! Would recommend.

• christinwie94
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
30th Jul 2017
4.9

The shower was always cold.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2017

Great location

29th Jul 2017

I will give The location full marks just if you are here to see the life (and nightlife) in the very heart of Melbourne. Rooms were spacious but messed as all the stuff was on floor ( the only flaw I found ). Staff is great and helpful also the free breakfast and kitchen space was sufficient . Bathrooms were clean. This place is an overall thumbs up and I would definitely stay here if I get a chance to visit Melbourne again.