United Backpackers Reviews

250 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Australia

I enjoyed my stay but I have one major complaint: lack of air circulation in the dorms. There was only one small window in a 12 bed dorm and as a result it was sweltering at night. The staff put a pedestal fan in the room which helped somewhat but it was still pretty hot.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Super nice hostel! Very clean and modern. Beds were super comfortable! Also in a great location, walking distance from the city centre, restaurants and shopping! Really enjoyed our stay and would definetly recommend!

Was very good I had a blast, staff are helpful! Very clean and totally central. Would go back again only thing I would say was the rooms need air Con I was in a 12 dorm and it was roasting some nights!! Other than that excellent

The United Backpackers is amazing. Everything is very clean, the staff is so friendly and they always have smalltake with you if you pass them. The hostel offers many activities and there is a tv room and a chillout room which makes it very comfortable. The location is directly in the centre. Fore sure you will have a good time there:).

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

I was very happy with this hostel! One of the best stays I've had in budget accommodation. Staff was delightful, and the rooms were big and clean! The beds were comfy too! Each bed has its own outlet and light, which is very convenient, and you can't beat the location. My only complaint would be lack of air con in the dorm style rooms, this wouldn't be a problem for about 9 months out of the year, but being mid Jan, it was hot.

United Backpackers location is PERFECT for those of whom came to stay here for a fortnight during the Australian Open. It's also conveniently close to the Federation Square, the river, the shops, the gardens and beyond. The staff were always helpful, especially after my first disruptive night whereby the guests in my room happily went against the rules that everybody has to sign for (!) The shower rooms were not always clean, although that could just be the fault of some of the untidy guests.

• 20th Jan 2016

Stayed here for 10 days. Great location right in the centre of the city, with loads of shops and restraunts nearby. Met loads of great people from all around the world. The staff, especially the bar staff, were really friendly. The bar had themed nights throughout the week, which helped people meet each other. Would definitely come back to stay here if I was to visit Melbourne again.

The cleanliness of kitchen and bathroom is not to the best standard, but considering the number of people using them, it's acceptable. No air-conditioner in the room, only heater, so it could be a little bit too warm in a summer night. Limited number of hair-dryer for hire.

The room was very hot so all the rooms just smell of sweat. No AC in the rooms. Overall good though, but then again it should have been for the amount of money we paid. Tried to charge $85 for a weekend in a 12 bed dorm during the Australian open because "people were paying it". I think that's a bad attitude - people are paying it because they're technically homeless and have to sleep somewhere!

all good, only thing I was missing hooks on the toilet and hooks in the shower to place my towel, in other hand toilet and shower room was clean with enough space. Also the doors make big noise when open or shutting the door to your room, unless you shut door gently while you holding them, otherwise very noisy, sounds like someone slamming the doors at all the time.

• 18th Jan 2016

I only had 2 days at this Hostel so my review is coming from limited time at the venue. The staff were very welcoming and helpful from day one. I found the location brilliant, it was very easy to get to and had great access to public transport. I will definitely give this place another go when I find myself in Melbourne again!

• 15th Jan 2016

The woman at the reception, I think her name was Kassi, was helpful the few time I needed something. The kitchen was spacious with plenty of storage space and facilities. It seemed like a hostel that people were living in rather than having short stays which took away from the atmosphere

i stayed 2 nights just to party.....out of which one night the wine and cheese party was cancelled due to lack of staff.....bad for me.....but would vouch for this place.....

What a great hostel, amazing location (about 20 seconds from awesome bars and coffee shops), friendly and helpful staff, the rooms are as good as you'll find in any backpacker's. Facilities are great, the little bar downstairs is social and a good place to meet other travellers. The only negative was that the rooms on the 1st floor were so hot due to no aircon. We moved to a 4 bed room with ensuite which was fantastic, great value for money. Would highly recommend to anyone going to Melbourne.

This hostel is like fabric of people coming in and out. It's very big and houses a lot of people. Great comfy of beds (probably some of the best I have ever experienced in a hostel), really good with your own private lamp and socket by your bed, and a big locker for storing things. It also has a great location for exploring Melbourne. I felt it was really missing the great atmosphere, as you often get in a cozy smaller hostel. Didn't like that you could not enjoy your own booze either..

Expensive hostel but well worth it, great location in the cbd. Friendly staff who pointed out activities in the city, great facilities and common areas. Bunks were sturdy and beds comfy, great air con even in the internal rooms. Bathrooms could do with a bit more attention but thats the only bad thing i could say!

Second time to stay. Fantastic hostel & staff know what they are doing, & are very helpful. First stay was on the 3rd floor with a room facing inward, meaning less street noise & air conditioning. Though I stayed the second time in a smaller room on the second floor, no A/C, & was facing the street, meaning noisy. Told staff & they kindly changed me back to the 3rd floor. This is not always possible with the place being so popular. Already planning to stay there again.

Clean, great location, great staff and cheap (for Melbourne) beer!

• 8th Jan 2016

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, great facilities and very central location, would thoroughly recommend!

Big hostel in the centre of Melbourne, super handy for the city centre and connecting trams / trains. Clean, comfy beds, big kitchens. Ideal for a first stop in Melbs, but not great for long term if you want to make friends. People tended to be a little unfriendly in dorms. Stayed in bigger hostels where it hasn't been a problem.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6