United Backpackers Reviews

250 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Australia

I Stayed in a private room with ensuite. It was spacious, clean

I stayed for just one night (way to short!) and it was a perfect location in the city, close to everything! The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms were clean and spacious enough. Though the bed felt unstable with every move.. The night I stayed, the fire alarm went off at 3am or something.. but I suppose that doesn't happens every night.

This has to be the friendliest, most comfortable hostel I have ever been in. It's newly renovated, constantly being cleaned by the staff who are so friendly and welcoming. There's always something going on and never boring. Great to make new friends

The room was way to small for the amount of people in it and we could barely fit our stuff. That also led to a weird smell all the time. The rest of the hostel was nice and clean. BYO which is nice. We did a pub-crawl and a city walk which was pretty nice.

Found a used bloody tampon in the corner of the communal shower, was pretty gross. Other than that was a good place to stay, good location, staff are friendly and helpful. And there's individual power points on each bed that are a bonus.

It's probably the best location in the city. It was very clean, but rooms were a bit small for so many people. Bathrooms and kitchen were very small. Staff was okay, some were nice, some didn't even smile.

This hostel is well located (tram stop and metro station in front of the hostel), close to restaurants and markets. Also, the staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is nice. Definitely recommend this hostel and would stay there again.

• 10th Jul 2014

Couldn't have enjoyed my stay here more, and if I'm in Melbourne again I will absolutely be staying here. Friendly staff, frequent competitions with great prizes, fantastic atmosphere... You really can't beat it. My only complaint is that the shower temperature would fluctuate occasionally, but that didn't detract from my overall experience. 10/10 would backpack again.

• 10th Jul 2014

HI there! Thanks for leaving your feedback - what lovely things to say! I'm super glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully you will get to come back and see us one day soon. Happy Travels, Jess - Operations Manager (ps: the hot water issue has now been addressed!)

I booked for 3 days, initially thinking I woukd find permanent accomodation quickly. I ended up staying almost 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint, and it's a detail, is that wi-fi doesn't reach the rooms. Great staff, great atmosphere, would recommend 100%.

Was a good hostel!

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - we really appreciate it! Happy Travels (come and see us again soon!), Jess - Operations Manger - United Backpackers.

Very fun and social hostel. The shower temperature fluctuates on the 2nd floor a lot. Great tv room, nice staff. Location is excellent! Looking forward to seeing it with the basement bar they're building.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts - we really appreciate it! That pesky hot water problem has now been fixed and isn't a problem anymore! You certainly can't beat this location can you? Right in the heart of this amazing city, Happy Travels, Jess - Operations Manager - United Backpackers (we can't wait for the bar either! Won't be long now - you'll have to come back to visit...)

My first time saying in hostels and I loved it more than I thought I would. Kitchen facilities were great -female showers could do with having continuous hot water instead of Luke warm. Chill out cinema room was fab but can get bit smelly! I visited 6/8 diff Melbs hostel but before deciding on this one-will defo go back

• 26th Jun 2014

Hi there and thanks for leaving your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us we look forward to having you back to stay again! You're right. there was a problem with the hot water - the good news is that this has now been fixed. We love our super awesome Tv room too. Happy travels, Jess - Operations Manager - United Backpackers.

i think the wifi coverage should cover all the accomadation area.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi there - thanks for leaving your feedback - at the moment the wifi is available in the communal areas only - we want to make sure people are getting out of their rooms and exploring this amazing city, not staying in bed on the internet all day! Happy Travels - Jess - Operations Manager - United Backpackers

Awesome week.

Hi Yannik - thanks for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon :) Happy Travels, Jess - Operations Manager

I loved the atmosphere! Very clean, the staff is amazing! I would love to stay here again sometime!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Israel

Hello! Thanks so much for your kind words and taking the time to leave them. We hope to see you back at United one day very soon! Safe Travels, Jess, Operations Manager

Awesome location, clean and fun staff.

Perfect location, great staff, plenty of hostel organised fun and comfy big beds. Only downside was that the wifi was pretty slow, the bunk beds while comfortable were extremely creaky and the rooms weren't really cleaned thoroughly. That being said, still an excellent hostel.

• 17th Jun 2014

Hello! Thanks for leaving your feedback - I'm glad to hear there was lots you loved about your stay! I think we have the comfiest beds in the busy - if you had come to tell us about the squeak we could have fixed it for you! Yep the wifi can get jammed up sometimes, especially at peak hours. I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel the room was cleaned thoroughly - our housekeepers work around the clock to ensure the place is kept spick and span and all rooms are serviced daily. Happy Travels, Jess

didn't have long enough in this lovely city. Hostel was close to everything and quiet were I was but plenty of people and noise if you wanted it.

Hello there - there is NEVER enough time to be spent here in amazing Melbourne! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our incredible city and your time at United. Happy Travels, Jess - Operations Manager

This was a nice hostel, conveniently located opposite Flinders Street station, close to the shops and by the MCG. Beds were comfortable and the kitchen was very clean and tidy, almost too clean and tidy. The staff could probably relax a bit about the state of the hostel as you cannot leave anything lying about/leave washing up to dry before you are told to clear it up. But the staff will go out of their way to help you should you need to make any bookings.

Hello there - thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! I'm glad to hear there was lots you loved about your stay. I've never heard anyone say that we were too clean or tidy! As you can imagine, with 250 guests it's important to stay on top of the cleaning in our communal spaces and in rooms! You really can't beat this location can you?! Our staff will always go above and beyond to ensure that you make the absolute most of your time in this amazing city! Happy Travels Jess :)

Excellent location - opposite Flinder's Street Station. Clean environment. Personal light and charging points at each bed. Large kitchen and tv room. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely choose this place again Thank you for making my stay this pleasant! :)

And thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! Hopefully you will get to come back and see us again soon. Happy Travels, Jess - Operations Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5