United Backpackers

• hihello9yeon2
  • South Korea, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
7.7

The best location ever! Freindly staffs,nice breakfast and clean bathroom.

Thanks for your positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in Melbourne again soon! Happy Travels, United Crew

14th Jun 2017

Fun and friendly staff, Doel checked me in and kept everyone in the loop about the social events. He really made my stay a great one. Also good clean kitchen with plenty of kitchenware to use. Would definitely stay again

13th Jun 2017

Overall pretty great. Most of the staff were fantastic.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

I had a really good stay at this hostel! Bed was comfy and had storage units underneath, friendly helpful staff, good location in the city overall was happy with it would stay again!

10th Jun 2017

When you stay here, if you want to have a great time, the first thing you need to do is ask to meet Doel (Doe-El). He single handedly made my stay here amazing. Met him as I was checking in and he immediately asked me to grab dinner with him and our friendship immediately grew from there. He also has this ridiculous list of things to do in Melbourne. Amazing atmosphere, location, and most of all, people. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

Great location, very clean, good security, decent bar downstairs with pool table, nice and helpful staff at front counter, (especially Duwell, ultra nice and helpful), only downer was had to pay for wifi access in the dorms (free in common area) and was put in a dorm with some female staff members who seemed to have an issue with a group of boys in "their room". Other than that great place to stay.

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive review! We really do love to hear feedback from our guests so we can continue to be one the great hostels of Australia! We will ensure to resolve with the staff for any future issues. We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again and we would love to see you back in Melbourne again soon! Cheers United Crew!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Jun 2017

Absolute belter of a hostel, clean spacious good kitchen cool bar down stairs, located perfectly and the atmosphere is what you want as a back packer. Staff are friendly as ever doel in particular turns it up a level in terms of creating the experience. 10/10 reccomend

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive review! We really do love to hear feedback from our guests so we can continue to be one the great hostels of Australia! Thanks again and we would love to see you back in Melbourne again soon! Cheers United Crew!

2nd Jun 2017

I enjoyed my time at United Backpackers, but the atmosphere is definitely geared more towards long termers rather than short term backpackers. The staff was super friendly and the events they hosted were always fun! The tv room is great too and is hooked up to Netflix. Location is great too and is close to great coffee, food and tram stations.

31st May 2017

10/10 would stay here again. One little mishap, I was asked to change room when I asked to extend my stay. I asked the day before my initial check out, around 2pm. It didn't really bother me though, new room was just as good.

Hi, Thank you so much for your positive review! We really do love to hear feedback from our guests so we can continue to be one the great hostels of Australia! We will ensure to schedule training with the front desk team to ensure everyone will try to facilitate all guests on extensions where we can. Thanks again and we would love to see you back in Melbourne again soon! Cheers United Crew!

• China, Mixed Group, 25-30
31st May 2017
4.0

It's a quite noisy hostel, the room space is too narrow to stand, and smelly. I would not like to recommend this hostel and for sure I won't choose this one any more.这家青旅不太推荐,首先是太挤,狭小的空间,10个人一个房间,味道很不好闻,地上全是行李,脚站的地方都没有;其次是太吵,楼下有个bar,很多人蹦到凌晨黎明,喝醉酒,想想十人房间,难以入眠;再次是设置不太好,很多东西你都不提供,需要自己带,厨房不太干净,这么多人的地方最好还是不要用。还有就是位置虽然在市中心,但是周围有很多醉汉和流浪汉,晚上最好不要太晚回来,不是很安全,出门带好钱包,有个女孩的钱包在青旅里就丢了。