United Backpackers Reviews

250 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Australia

Fantastic location and right next door to Backpackers World Travel if you need to book any last minute trips. Facilities were great and the dorms and bathrooms were immaculate. There is also plug sockets next to every bed and free wifi in common areas. Only down fall was that the beds were ridiculously squeeky to the point that I felt guilty if I moved and made a racket and I was sharing with 2 snorers who kept me up half the night but that's just bad luck for me!

Good location. Clean. Good facilities. Helpful Staff. Would stay here again.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

United Backpackers has got it going on.

• 21st Jun 2015

If I ever visit Melbourne again, would probably stay there and recommend my friends to stay there.

• 19th Jun 2015

Clean, comfortable and warm beds, and great location! Highly recommended. Would stay here again.

The staff were very knowledgeable of Melbourne, helpful and friendly. Even the bartenders in the hostel's basement bar were helpful in getting newcomers integrated into the social scene of travelers who had been staying there for a little bit longer. The hostel seemed really well organized with social events planned every night. Everything was tidy and clean and the bathrooms were individual even on the floors with 8 bed dorms which was really nice for showering and changing.

• 18th Jun 2015

Great stay, nice kitchen and TV room. Could do with free tea and coffee for price paid!

Free wifi for all area and free continential breakfast should be provided.

Only stayed here for one night so didn't get a proper feel for the place however the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and the beds very very comfortable compared to others I've stayed in... Each bed had it's own light and power point on the wall - brilliant!! Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again.

• 13th Jun 2015

Great hostel, great people. They also have events where you can meet people.

United Backpackers is an amazing hostel! It's very clean and safe, and has free wifi. It's right in the cbd so you can walk everywhere.

Staff would do anything and everything for their guests and were always happy to help no matter what it was. Great facilities although I hair dryer would of been handy but with 5 washing machines and 5 dryers, a TV room, a quiet chilling out sofa room, games room, kitchen and separate bar - you can't complain. I had the best nights sleep and the shower was delightful - especially after staying in Sydney! Highly recommend...

The toilets in the 3rd floor were not so clean and always with a wet floor, but nothing really serious. Air-con in our room was not working for the whole period of my stay (4 nights), but the housekeeper provided us with a fan instead. Don't know if only in our room, but the bunk besides looking really new, were making a lot of noise every time we had to go to the bunk bed or even moving before sleeping. Apart from that, staff really friendly and me and my friends had a great stay!

• 6th Jun 2015

Extremely well located hostel, with clean installations and comfortable bed.

Friendly, helpful, clean!

• 5th Jun 2015

Great location, you can go walk to almost all Melbourne's touristic attractions. Sometimes I couldn't find clean forks in the kitchen and free space in the fridges, they need to improve that

Atmosphere: you always have to be lucky with whom you are sharing a room. This makes ar breaks your experience. Security: I got the keys to the luggage room a little too easy. that slightly freaked me out. Overall: I would definitely recommend it to others.

• 5th Jun 2015

Enjoyed meeting people at this hostel, fun walking tours and I was a fan of the lounge room with a big TV and Netflix. Staff were very friendly! Rooms clean and tidy and cosy beds. One drawback is the fact you can't use wifi in the rooms and the rooms were quite cold during my stay, which isn't ideal as its winter and Melbourne was chilly! Other than that, I would recommend this hostel for any backpackers coming to Melbourne!

I hope the hostel will accept guess who is below 18 years old to stay into yours hostel.

• 31st May 2015
  • Malaysia

Great central Melbourne Hostel, not a party hostel if you are looking for that. Its location to public transport is excellent.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7