8.7
Fabulous 1,402 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,402 Total Reviews
United Backpackers Located at 250 Flinders Street, , Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria 3000 250 Flinders Street
87% 1402
-37.8177004 144.9660372
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Jan 2017

Such a good hostel. The place is in a fantastic location with everything you need right so close by. Staff were super friendly and helpful during my stay and gave some good tips for Melbourne, especially the best coffee!! Super clean and comfortable lots of space to realx and the bar was really cool. Wasn't expecting such a cool basement bar in the hostel, real hidden gem. Definitely can recommend it for a hostel. One of the best I've stayed in.

2nd Jan 2017

Good hostel overall

2nd Jan 2017
5.7

The staff is not listening what customers ask them and they do not care about the condition of the place. The only place that is maintained is the bar.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
4.9

As it was too early to check in u could leave the bag downstairs. As I took the bag downstairs to the luggage room there was maldy sandwiches and rubbish everywhere. I booked a 8 bed dorm but was given a key to a 6 dorm room. The bathrooms weren't cleaned as there was one that smelt of wee each day & still had hair on the floor. When I checked in I wasn't told where the showers were or places to go in Melbourne. I was getting dressed and 2 Staff let then selves into the room without warning.

Hi, Thanks for taking time to leave your review.. Always appreciated, although I feel like I must address yours directly. Yep, check in time is 2pm in this hostel, standard. Usually though we are ready to check people in by 1.30. Absolutely, we have a luggage storage room. You don't have to use that at all but it is there for convenience for all our guests. Yep you booked an 8 bed dorm and were given a 6 bed dorm. That is what we call in the biz, a FREE UPGRADE. If you wanted to share your room with more people, you should have let us know - you would be the first though... Bathrooms are cleaned twice everyday! Being a busy hostel, it can depend who you follow into the bathroom, but as you can probably see from all our other reviews, we are the cleanest hostel going around. You should have alerted reception and we could have addressed it right away! Sorry, the location of the showers generally isn't a part of the check in speil because, well it is pretty obvious. You would've walked past them all on the way to your room. Reception are PACKED full of knowledge for things to do in Melbourne, all you have to do is ask!!!! If they took every guest through everything to do in Melbourne during check in, you would be there for hours. Ask and you shall receive!! We also have a travel desk on level 1 packed full of anything you could have ever wanted. Housekeeping do enter the rooms, yes, to clean the rooms. They always announce themselves as HOUSEKEEPING before opening the door so perhaps you din't hear them.. While I appreciate you taking the time to review us, I feel you may have done so while in a bad mood! a 6 for Location!!? You sure you were staying at United? All the best United Crew

22nd Dec 2016

United Backpackers may have been the best hostel I've stayed at throughout all my travels. One guy at the front desk in particular- works night shifts- had the best energy/advice/knowledge to offer. The rest of the staff was also excellent- easy going people with well rounded minds. Met some of the best traveling friends in my room.... good bar down below the hostel... do yourself a favor and book united backpackers.

Hey! Thanks SOOOO much for the amazing review. Couldn't be more happy that you had such a great stay with us! Hope that we can see you again soon. You're welcome here any time!!

17th Dec 2016

Good hostel. Right across from flinders street station, so very easy access to all the places that are in to explore. And the free city tram stops nearby! Beds were fine, lockers are under the bed and you need to bring your own lock. Facilities also normal. The hostel hosts stuff to do every day and parties in the basement. I booked my great ocean road trip at the travel desk and it was super easy and a great time.

• hayleyhannaford
  • England, Female, 18-24
17th Dec 2016

Absolutely brilliant hostel! Key cards for rooms, bathrooms and lift made it really secure, staff were amazing! So friendly and so helpful. The bar is so much fun, with a pool table and really comfy sofas too! The activities arranged each night are actually really fun to get involved in - Cameron made the nights there wicked! Plenty of chances to win free drinks, the location is perfect, walking distance to most things + easy enough to catch a free tram around the city! All in all - BEST hostel!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
16th Dec 2016
7.7

The location is great, the staff are very friendly, and the hostel is great value for money but the cleanliness of the amenities was a let down for me.

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Really glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at United. I will look in to the cleanliness concern. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest hostel in town and we work hard to keep it that way. Thanks again and safe travels United Crew

• England, Couple, 31-40
10th Dec 2016

Busy and lively hostel as you'd expect from the location, however kept in good order and large kitchen/eating area, TV room and chill out room for hanging out in. Cheap bar downstairs with stuff on each night so you'll have no trouble meeting people. My only problem was with the rooms themselves, no windows means the aircon is on all the time and you need the lights on during the day, which I hate.

9th Dec 2016

mostly friendly staff. smack dab in the center of the city. smelly boy rooms. beautiful expansive communal kitchen. cute downstairs bar. somewhat of a party atmosphere.

Hey Hey, Thanks heaps for the great review! Super excited you had such an enjoyable stay here. Hope that we can see you again. Safe Travels, United Crew