United Hostel Frankfurt City Center Reviews

Kaiser Str. 52, Frankfurt, Germany

This place is great. Its a 2 minute walk to the main train station. The place is like Fort Knox, you even need your key card to use the bathroom so the place is very secure and safe. Communal bathrooms and showers are well maintained and clean. I didn't use the communal kitchen but it looked fine also. The only downside is the bar. It is not as big or as lively as the pictures will have you believe but it is still good and cheap. Staff are friendly and check-in was efficient for 14pax group.

Very good location at the city centre

this area has the highest crime rates in the city. the internet was super slow (256Kbps, while everywhere else in the world we have around 100Mbps -- 390x faster), and they even blackmail you to pay 15 euros a day for regular / fast internet (the hostel costs 17 euros a night...so doesn't make much sense to pay the same for only internet), the staff speaks a little english and isn't that friendly, had people snoring 24/7 at the room, and the breakfast (5 euros) was poor. downtown was far!

• 28th Jan 2015

The pillows provided is way too flat. The hostel charged me €33 for a night's stay in a 6-bed bedroom (with washroom), and it's raised because of a conference held in Frankfurt. Everything else was great here. The toilet is cleansed daily (thumbs up).

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Disgusting place, lacking pretty much everything.

• 14th Jan 2015

We were fortunate enough to book a four person dorm and end up in a seven person to ourselves--and have a lot of extra space. The hostels showers had little to no privacy--I was thankful I was the only person showering at one time. And the toilets smelled so foul I would have rather walked to starbucks than use them.

Hostel was clean, location was good as it's near the central train station. However, the red light district is also nearby, so make sure you don't get yourself into any trouble over there.

Good location and facilities. Rooms were a bit too warm for my taste, but I'd still stay there again.

Overall average experience :) Big rooms, ensuite bath rooms and communal showers/ toilets. Pool table, tv area. Staff were friendly. :( kitchen only had a microwave and toaster, i was hoping to cook. Chill out area smelt a bit. When I was staying there it was very quiet, only 2 of us in an 8 bed dorm (great for sleeping, and not worrying about my things etc) but as a lone traveller I did not find it very social. The laundry facilities were not great, my clothes smelt worse.afterwards.

good and simple

• 4th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

It's located in red district... and I feelt not comfortable. for me Frankfurt it's not worth to go.

Free wifi was working well everywhere in the hostel. That was good. Also some of the staff were super friendly and all of them polite. Location was good: just next to the railway station and within walking distance to the attractions.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Finland

정말훌륭했습니다. 숙소들어갈때 카드를 많이찍어서 안전하게들어갈수있고 들어갈때 세면대가있어 완벽히 깔끔하진않지만 침대나 다른위생상태는 훌륭했습니다. 또직원들도 굉장히친절해서 돈을 잃어버릴뻔했는데 열심히 찾아주었습니다. 정말친절하고 안전하고 깨끗합니다!!!

• 8th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

The place is near sexshops and casinos, but near the train station. They have really nice breakfast for money. The dorms were nice. I just remember one incident that the staffs made a culturally inappropriate joke about my ethnicity in front of other guests. The same staff made another culturally inappropriate joke about the fellow staff. Many guests also complained to me that staffs are somewhat rude when greeting guests from diffent background.

Thought the customer service was rubbish, wasn't allowed to check in any early then 2pm even at 1:45 I was told to come back at 2:00. First hostel I've ever stayed at that doesn't allow guests to wait before and after there visit in the lounge room. Both microwaves in the kitchen weren't working

• 4th Oct 2014

Good location, has a good Irish Pub around the cornor but the staff is not too friendly, the street is a little bit dangerous and the breakfast is not good and not that clean.

• 3rd Oct 2014

I found this hostel to be very boring, not sociable at all. Whilst the rooms are reasonably priced it is not advertised that internet for 24 hours is €15. This is just a money grab to me, have not come across internet you need to pay for in my 4 months of travel

• 27th Sep 2014

decent hostel in good location. close to station, not far from bars. would recommend.

Great staff, clean and safe. It is right next to the train station, so a nice place to do a one night stop when transiting.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were very clean, the security was excellent, the staff super helpful, and the location was prime. Two blocks from the Central Station and walking distance to practically everything of interest.