United Hostel Frankfurt City Center Reviews

Kaiser Str. 52, Frankfurt, Germany

there was often a long wait to get served at the bar as it was the same member of staff as at reception. no aircon made the rooms extremely hot

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The staff at the reception are very nice and friendly. But the cleaning staff begin to clean the room at about 10:00 am, and do not care about the guest too much.

i slept well because the bed is not normal bunk bed, they are separated with each other, so my room-mate could not shake my bed when she was on and off her bed. but the window in room always closed itself, i don't know why. it is quite loud when the door closes (room, toilet, kitchen...) well located near main train station. only got fridge and microwave for cooking. wifi is good even in room but need to login every 3 hours. free pc and luggage storage.

Location is very close to the train station, but also one street away from the red light district and a place where I saw groups of people doing drugs on the sidewalk. The front desk workers were very slow and the kitchen was under furnished. There is no stove or oven. The place is very clean though and the security is good. Key cards used for EVERY door, including bathrooms.

The entertainment services in the lobby were very helpful. The maps were already pointed out where every hot tourist spot was, thank you.

It's a giant hostel. Good facilities and a comfortable sleep. Difficult to meet people because of its size. I wouldn't stay here as a solo traveller.

I only stayed 1 night and my only complaint is that the doors to the rooms are so heavy that they slam shut even when you try to close them gently. All night long with people coming in and out, the door kept me awake. Other than that, overall good experience. Love the tv room!

Everything was good.

Is more like a hotel with dorms than a hostel. Kitchen useless only has a microwave. Everything else was good about the place. Would stay there again.

역이랑 가까워서좋고 너무안전해서 귀찮을정도였음 ㅋㅋ 일층에서 슈퍼보다저렴하게 맥주사먹을수있음

The "kitchen" is a room with two microwaves and some counter space (no oven or stove), and the dish soap they were using to clean dishes was clearly empty at some point, so they out water in it to avoid having to put out a new one. Other than that, I really appreciated the privacy of my little bunk nook with its own plug as well as a really big locker. Oh, and I really love how close this hostel is to the train station!

This was a very nice, clean hostel with modern facilites. The staff was very helpful after I arrive a day late. (My flight was delayed) They credited me the night right away when I showed proof of my flight delay and rebooking. I'm very happy with my stay and I would stay there again without hesitation.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I just found the whole setup of this hostel strange. Granted, I arrived really late, so it could be my fault. The room was really poorly designed, I think. The doors also slammed shut, so it was extremely embarrassing to have to go in and out of the room, because there was absolutely no way of doing this discretely. I'm sure my roommates loved me. Also, the foyer smelled really bad, like some how the plumbing was off. I just really think there are better deals.

• 30th Jun 2014

Checkout is at 12PM here. I was sick so I was in bed until 10AM, when the cleaning staff barged in. I understand that they were eager to start cleaning the room for new guests, but they were making so much noise, and would not leave (they stayed for over an hour, and also had the door wide open) that I felt uncomfortable and was forced to get out of bed. They also moved my stuff while I was in the bathroom to clean my bed, which I'm NOT happy about. Make checkout 10AM if you're going to do this.

• 30th Jun 2014

It was good to stay!

Was only here for one night but was very close to trainstation and city centre. Could be a cool place during the weekends

This hostel is very clean, the bedding is almost luxury, and the bed is VERY comfortable. Security is exceptionally controlled. There are only two reasons I prefer to stay at another hostel in the area: 1) the other hostel is closer to the main train station, which makes a difference when it is raining! and 2) I do not think the breakfast at the United Hostel is worth the money required. So I eat breakfast at McD to get scrambled eggs, bacon, and juice for less money.

Excellent. I'll stay here again - as often as I'm in Frankfurt

It needs magnetic locking lockers, more windows for airflow, and the internet was kind of slow. Good location and I would stay there again.

• 7th Jun 2014

The place is very well decorated, with crazy lights everywhere, providing a party mood. The facilities look somewhat new, but they aren't that practical as they look like. The hostel has bulbs everywhere, but they forgot to install reading lights on the bunk beds, which is very annoying in the middle of the night. I've chosen a room for 10, which I did before and never had problems. However, I was not very satisfied at the United Hostel, because the room was REALLY hot and too dark in the night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3