United Hostel Frankfurt City Center Reviews

Kaiser Str. 52, Frankfurt, Germany

I personally would not recommend this hostel. It was one of the few hostels that I would not go back to. Although the security was good and you needed a key card for everything it was a bit overkill. My experiences with others staying at the hostel was not good and quite creepy. For some reason I had an overall feeling that the hostel was quite grody. I was suppose to stay for two nights, but changed to only one when seeing the city and spending time in the hostel.

Very nice and clean hostel, perfect location, friendly staff!!!

• 12th Apr 2014

you have to pay for the elecricity, which is absolutely insane rules!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

Dear Guest, We would like to clarify your confusion: Our electricity is for FREE in the entire building. Currently you will need a device to activate it on your bed - therefore we do take a deposit, which you will get back once the device is returned. Nevertheless we are in the process to change this and shortly you will not even need this device anymore. Thank you for your feedback!. Your United Hostel Team

Very close to the train station. We accidentally booked here and it was a little more than we wanted to pay. Very nice facility with excellent security. The shower situation wasn't the best, but it was amazingly clean.

I liked it. The location is really perfekt. The interiour looks more like a hotel one - very mordern and in a good state, but it doesn´t loose the hostel atmosphere. I was just staying there a couple of hours, cos i had to catch a bus early, but i got to know some nice people! Breakfast looked nice as well, shame i couldn´t use it. Only thing i didn´t like was that you had to use your key card for everything. Even enter the shared bathrooms. A bit to much for my taste, but safe.

the hostel was nice enough for one night, beds were comfortable and the staff were helpful.

I've stayed in this Hostel before, but it has changed a lot. When we arrived we wanted to split the bill between 6 people and were told that it wasn't possible to do so. So one of us had to pay everything at once which I have never experienced in any other Hostel before. Staff was quite unfriendly when we asked why we could have seperate bills and their explanation wasn't satisfying at all. Overall the Hostel was clean but very impersonal. I definitely liked this Hostel better on my first stay.

It's an excellent hostel! The price is a little high, however it pays for the service, which is perfect! It's a beautiful place with very nice rooms and people. I really liked it.

The staff was particularly unfriendly and the atmosphere pretentious.

Location in the center of Frankfurt,dont worry about red light disctrict, it doesnt affect you in any way. Metro station Willy-Brandt Platz is around 5 minutes walking distance.The rooms were clean,the electricity is extra cost but just the plug next to your bed. If you want to use the plugs near sinks inside your room, this is free.The stuff was very nice, always helped me with my question, they even offered to print out materials for me when asked them if they know where a copy center is.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Slovakia

TOILETS DURTY!!!! BAD WIFI , RED ZONE !!! PERSONAL BAD NOOOO !!!

It is a nice and beautiful hostel, well designed. Unfortunately I still cannot recomend it. The internet was free but didn´t work at all, they have just 2 computers to use. In all rooms also its necesary to put a card to make the electricity works wich is ridicolous for a room with 16 beeds I had to leave my card durnig the night and when I woke up someone took it. Fortunately they gave my back my 5 euros deposit.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel is very good! The bad thing is that it is necessary to pay to use electricity.

• 27th Dec 2013

The place has good security fittings, is quite clean and in a good location - close to train station. Security is almost over the top, having to use a key card to enter the elevator, dorm room, toilets and showers and common ro. The place has very strange decor which is reminiscent of a bad club, virtually no atmosphere and the chill out room is huge but there's generally no one there. I don't recommend it if you want to meet anybody.

Good location near to Railway Station, modern, clean and comfortable rooms

wifi is very slow...,

The hostel looks like a questionable club and is located in the heart of the the red light district. The staff is very slow and not very considerate of their guests needs. They did not ask questions such as whether I needed a lock for the locker, or a light adapter to use the power in the room. Even if you pay for the use of the outlet, someone must leave a key in the room switch. The sheets were spotted with visible stains. It is safer and more comfortable than a train station.

The hostel is located very conveniently near Frankfurt's Main station, which makes it a good hostel to stay for one night (as I did). Unfortunately there was quite a wait for the checkin (I have been waiting for at least 45 mins). The hostel itself looks very good and clean. One thing that can be annoying is that the doors all around the hostel are quite heavy. Because of this, a single person opening a door near the elevator (or the dorm door) can unintentionally wake up several people.