United Hostel Frankfurt City Center Reviews

Kaiser Str. 52, Frankfurt, Germany

If you are a single female travelling don't stay at this hostel. The hostel is helping with the refugee crisis which is great but they don't tell you that basically the whole hostel apart from a small amount of rooms is all refugees and basically all men. I have never felt so intimidated and objectified as a woman in any hostel in any city all over the world, I did not feel safe.There is no atmosphere here and only 2 staff members were friendly the rest were rude and refused to speak English.

Why do you want to go to Frankfurt? That should be your question. It's literally the worst city I've been to in Germany. no one is actually german, and there was almost no pretty places to see. This hostel is helping with the refugee crisis (which is great), but that also means that there are a lot of people around the hostel who are not actually supposed to be staying. The hostel is located direct from the HBF but it's also at the red light district. So drugs everywhere.

We didn't like the environment there. It is located next to a girls club and it was very unconfortable for us they way all the men we found in that street looked at us. The good things were that the receptionists were really nice to us and it is not far away from interesting places.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Spain

It was ridiculously noisy at night but otherwise no complaints!

Hostel was in red light district and didn't feel safe walking to the hostel after 9 o'clock on Friday night. Hostel had weird atmosphere. In my dorm there was many old men sleeping when I arrived. Just slept one night there and left early in the morning 'cause it was so disgusting there.

I spent 3 days at the hostel and the bathroom I shared with 5 people (c'mon, it's not that hard) didn't smell good one single time. Everytime I got there I felt like it hadn't been cleaned up in months. It's a shame, cause it's such a nice place: the street where it's located is full of restaurants and stores, just 8 minutes walk to the central train station and 15 minutes walk from the river.

• 30th Sep 2015

the staff were so rude, I was traveling with a male friend and he got noticeably better service than I did. when asking for my card, they asked him instead of asking me while I was standing there, treating me like property. stares and cat calls from staff every time I entered/left the hostel. felt super uncomfortable. so incredibly sexist, I've never had a worse experience at a hostel. if you're a solo girl traveler, do not go here, who knows what could happen.

Good location and security but besides from that this hostel isnt that good. I would try another one in frankfurt.

There needs to be a quiet time or courtesy hour so people can sleep. There were people constantly slamming doors to the bathroom and rooms at all hours of the night. There needs to be hinges on the doors that refrain them from slamming every time someone opens it

• 24th Sep 2015

Facilities and location were good. But, the hostel was partly used as refugee support center. I am not for PEGIDA, but too many of these boys hanging around, shouting, singing, and playing music made me wonder the Current German policy may be too much.

Although close to the train station, which is nice, it is also in the middle of the Red Light District. The area was skevy, dirty, and smelt like pee. Security and all the locks made you feel safe, but it was also unsettling to see how often security and the police were in action in the hostel. Far from all, but a fair amount of the male guests were unpleasant. The hostel smelt. It did not have a real kitchen, so you couldn't cook. Grocery stores were rare in the area. And there were mice

I didn't even stay in the hostel- they put me somewhere else.

Location was great and they kept the security really well but I saw some mouses in the kitchen and it was horrible..

This hostel is in a good location in the centre of Frankfurt. There are good facilities and it is clean and comfortable. The staff are helpful. Security is almost too much; you have to use the key card to get through every door in the hostel and have to use it to exit. There is convenient, free overnight parking on the road outside of the hostel.

Do not stay here

great place, close to the train station but just around the corner is the red light district. very clean, atmosphere is wonderful and the receptionists were helpful for the most part. lockers are big and the individual beds have charging ports in them with is awesome! I would stay again

Place was absolutely dead! Nothing happening, boring. Located right next to the red light district to which attracted a lot of dodgey people in the area.

The kitchen was just two microwaves and a kettle! The common room was always empty or full of older people so there was no atmosphere. Also the hostel was in a dodgy district I would not have felt safe walking alone at night.

Location was excellent - just 2 blocks from Central Station and close to downtown. The building is secure and in good condition. Beds were comfortable. Each bed had its own locker, which was a good size. The bathroom on my floor could've used a serious cleaning - it reeked of urine (ew!). The staff could've been a little friendlier. It just seemed like we were wasting their time whenever we asked them a question and they looked at us like we were stupid.

Not bad overall. Staff was helpful and location was good- really close to train station and within walking distance from everything. Wifi wasn't great. Liked that there was no curfew but there was also no 'quiet time'. It was past midnight and people in our room were still talking loudly and lights still on despite people trying to sleep.

« first « Prev 1 2 3