United Hostel Frankfurt City Center Reviews

Kaiser Str. 52, Frankfurt, Germany

Checkout is at 12PM here. I was sick so I was in bed until 10AM, when the cleaning staff barged in. I understand that they were eager to start cleaning the room for new guests, but they were making so much noise, and would not leave (they stayed for over an hour, and also had the door wide open) that I felt uncomfortable and was forced to get out of bed. They also moved my stuff while I was in the bathroom to clean my bed, which I'm NOT happy about. Make checkout 10AM if you're going to do this.

• 30th Jun 2014

It was good to stay!

It is a modern hostel. Wifi is perfect, and there's 2 chargers for every bed!!! And locker is really big, big enough for a 55L bag. Location is excellent, near to the train station, and markets near by. But, the bathroom door is translucent. After all,it's good.

Was only here for one night but was very close to trainstation and city centre. Could be a cool place during the weekends

This hostel is very clean, the bedding is almost luxury, and the bed is VERY comfortable. Security is exceptionally controlled. There are only two reasons I prefer to stay at another hostel in the area: 1) the other hostel is closer to the main train station, which makes a difference when it is raining! and 2) I do not think the breakfast at the United Hostel is worth the money required. So I eat breakfast at McD to get scrambled eggs, bacon, and juice for less money.

Excellent. I'll stay here again - as often as I'm in Frankfurt

It needs magnetic locking lockers, more windows for airflow, and the internet was kind of slow. Good location and I would stay there again.

• 7th Jun 2014

The place is very well decorated, with crazy lights everywhere, providing a party mood. The facilities look somewhat new, but they aren't that practical as they look like. The hostel has bulbs everywhere, but they forgot to install reading lights on the bunk beds, which is very annoying in the middle of the night. I've chosen a room for 10, which I did before and never had problems. However, I was not very satisfied at the United Hostel, because the room was REALLY hot and too dark in the night.

Amazing hostel. Very clean, modern and quite. Free coffee in the am is a plus! The location is right downtown Frankfurt. I would recommend this hostel to friends.

Just, kitchen is bad.

Good location and very clean hostel. Would recommend it for sure.

Nice hostel but not much to do in Frankfurt, we were only there for 1 night but we had a good stay. Close to the train station. Not much of an atmosphere in the hostel, we were the only people in the bar

Once you get over the blazing neon lights and strange pictures on the wall, this hostel isn't bad. Good location, you can literally SEE the train station from the front door. Staff very friendly. Not much in Frankfurt though so no reason to stay long.

This was an excellent hostel to stay at. While it was more expensive than other hostels I've stayed at, it was about average for a Frankfurt hostel. It was in a nice location... about a 5 minute walk to the train and bus stations. There is a bar in the lower level of the hostel, which made for a great way to make new friends as well. Each bunk came with a locker to store your things so make sure you bring you own personal lock for safety.

the staff was not friendly. and not professional in dealing with any request. for example i ask to change my towel after 2 days of use, adn i ask to pay for the new one. the reception open his mouth, and acted as if its mission impossible !! although i said i will pay for what ever price they want !! there was one man in the room that never left the room. put on, then off his cloths. on off on off. i dont know what was his problem. and stare at me all times. that was the worst ever experience :(

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at, and It surpassed my expectations. Access to the elevators, rooms, toilets, and showers require a key card, which makes you feel safe. Lockers in the rooms are very spacious (fit my large suitcase), but just bring your own pad lock! Facility is clean and staff is friendly! Would definitely stay again!

Toilets - dirty and smelly ;/

• 20th May 2014
  • Poland

5 minute walk from Central Station in the middle of anything remotely interesting in Frankfurt, though a block on either side and you'll find junkies, bums, strip bars, hookers and panhandlers. No AC, so it gets warm during sunny days. Bunks are solid, mattresses comfortable. Nonsense policy you have to leave deposit 20 Euro to get a bunk light that allows electricity, I got the light, electricity still didn't work. Their solution was to put me in a more crowded room. No. Laundry on site.

Didn't like that I had to pay for the socket in my bed, there was no such thing specified on their site about that (that I have seen). The person that checked me in said the wi-fi was free but didn't explain to me how to use itt. Although I had booked a female dorm I ended up being checked in in a mixed dorm which I only found out when I went into the room and there were no girls to be found. The area is fairly safe but still not considered a very good neighborhood by locals.

• 18th May 2014
  • Patriciarod92
  • Portugal

The hostel is good and clean, the people working there are very nice, the atmosphere is very familiar because it's actually a flat turned into a hostel, so it's easy to approach everyone. The hostel is very under rated for the simple reason that it closes from 10 - 15h., and this is not very polite, because people are obliged to leave it. If they change this simple rule, I am sure they will become more popular and have more clients, and I also didn't like they charge 2 eur a day for lockers.