United Hostel Frankfurt City Center Reviews

Kaiser Str. 52, Frankfurt, Germany

"For electricity please ask the reception"... No electricity without a lamp which is 20€ deposit and i could not turn it off. This was one of the weardest stays ever. Location is good

• 17th May 2014

In general I liked the hostel and the faciliteies I was provided with. The only thing I didn't like was that I had to buy a padlock for 4 euro. It was confusing because it is written on the website that lockers are avaliable but it was not mentioned that visitors have to buy it. Usually padlocks are being rented. Anyway this was the only disadventage I found.

A few blocks away from the main train station (Frankfurt Hbf). I wast just there for the night so I didn't get to see the city. For an overnight stay it's great. Cheap and good location.

Great hostel for a great price. Only downside was no electricity unless you pay.

The hostel is located close to both FFM train station and the city centre, which makes it really easy to reach. We stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm. Everything is nice and tidy. The staff is rather busy nevertheless really friendly. Unfortunately,the showers are mixed and some what see through,however there is the possibility to use the single shower found in the dorm room. If you wish to use the outlet next do your bed you have to get a reading light from the reception with a 20 euro desposit.

The breakfast was great, but would be better if the music was not so freaky loud.... Didn't like the fact of paying 2 eur for the use of lockers. Everything else was perfect. Great location!

One of the greatest hostels I've visited. Very secure, sometimes way too much security, it almost gets annoying. Location is a bit far, if you consider a 20 minutes walk to the center (it's a good location), but to its advantage, it's close to the main train station. The staff were so cool, very friendly. They recommended places to go and drink and eat. I said it before, one of the best hotels I've been to. Great value for money, clean rooms, clean toilets and showers. Very nice kitchen too.

I like this hostel, it is in the city center, that is really good. however, you need to do a deposit for everything! it is sucks...

great hostel!! i surelly come back!really recommend it!

The first time at the Hostel the shower water was okay. The second stay the shower water was cold. I value communication in any and all relationships if either person to business or person to person. When their is a link in a e mail to an external page, please put that in print, in the e mail. Any link from e mail to an external page is a security risk in my view from what i have learned in writing computer code.

• 19th Apr 2014

If I were you, i would clean the bathroom and toilets sometimes. And fresh air is a good thing, too...

I personally would not recommend this hostel. It was one of the few hostels that I would not go back to. Although the security was good and you needed a key card for everything it was a bit overkill. My experiences with others staying at the hostel was not good and quite creepy. For some reason I had an overall feeling that the hostel was quite grody. I was suppose to stay for two nights, but changed to only one when seeing the city and spending time in the hostel.

Very nice and clean hostel, perfect location, friendly staff!!!

• 12th Apr 2014

you have to pay for the elecricity, which is absolutely insane rules!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

Dear Guest, We would like to clarify your confusion: Our electricity is for FREE in the entire building. Currently you will need a device to activate it on your bed - therefore we do take a deposit, which you will get back once the device is returned. Nevertheless we are in the process to change this and shortly you will not even need this device anymore. Thank you for your feedback!. Your United Hostel Team

Very close to the train station. We accidentally booked here and it was a little more than we wanted to pay. Very nice facility with excellent security. The shower situation wasn't the best, but it was amazingly clean.

I liked it. The location is really perfekt. The interiour looks more like a hotel one - very mordern and in a good state, but it doesn´t loose the hostel atmosphere. I was just staying there a couple of hours, cos i had to catch a bus early, but i got to know some nice people! Breakfast looked nice as well, shame i couldn´t use it. Only thing i didn´t like was that you had to use your key card for everything. Even enter the shared bathrooms. A bit to much for my taste, but safe.

the hostel was nice enough for one night, beds were comfortable and the staff were helpful.

I've stayed in this Hostel before, but it has changed a lot. When we arrived we wanted to split the bill between 6 people and were told that it wasn't possible to do so. So one of us had to pay everything at once which I have never experienced in any other Hostel before. Staff was quite unfriendly when we asked why we could have seperate bills and their explanation wasn't satisfying at all. Overall the Hostel was clean but very impersonal. I definitely liked this Hostel better on my first stay.

It's an excellent hostel! The price is a little high, however it pays for the service, which is perfect! It's a beautiful place with very nice rooms and people. I really liked it.

The staff was particularly unfriendly and the atmosphere pretentious.