United Hostel Frankfurt City Center Reviews

Kaiser Str. 52, Frankfurt, Germany

Good location and very clean hostel. Would recommend it for sure.

Nice hostel but not much to do in Frankfurt, we were only there for 1 night but we had a good stay. Close to the train station. Not much of an atmosphere in the hostel, we were the only people in the bar

Once you get over the blazing neon lights and strange pictures on the wall, this hostel isn't bad. Good location, you can literally SEE the train station from the front door. Staff very friendly. Not much in Frankfurt though so no reason to stay long.

This was an excellent hostel to stay at. While it was more expensive than other hostels I've stayed at, it was about average for a Frankfurt hostel. It was in a nice location... about a 5 minute walk to the train and bus stations. There is a bar in the lower level of the hostel, which made for a great way to make new friends as well. Each bunk came with a locker to store your things so make sure you bring you own personal lock for safety.

the staff was not friendly. and not professional in dealing with any request. for example i ask to change my towel after 2 days of use, adn i ask to pay for the new one. the reception open his mouth, and acted as if its mission impossible !! although i said i will pay for what ever price they want !! there was one man in the room that never left the room. put on, then off his cloths. on off on off. i dont know what was his problem. and stare at me all times. that was the worst ever experience :(

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at, and It surpassed my expectations. Access to the elevators, rooms, toilets, and showers require a key card, which makes you feel safe. Lockers in the rooms are very spacious (fit my large suitcase), but just bring your own pad lock! Facility is clean and staff is friendly! Would definitely stay again!

Toilets - dirty and smelly ;/

• 20th May 2014
  • Poland

5 minute walk from Central Station in the middle of anything remotely interesting in Frankfurt, though a block on either side and you'll find junkies, bums, strip bars, hookers and panhandlers. No AC, so it gets warm during sunny days. Bunks are solid, mattresses comfortable. Nonsense policy you have to leave deposit 20 Euro to get a bunk light that allows electricity, I got the light, electricity still didn't work. Their solution was to put me in a more crowded room. No. Laundry on site.

Didn't like that I had to pay for the socket in my bed, there was no such thing specified on their site about that (that I have seen). The person that checked me in said the wi-fi was free but didn't explain to me how to use itt. Although I had booked a female dorm I ended up being checked in in a mixed dorm which I only found out when I went into the room and there were no girls to be found. The area is fairly safe but still not considered a very good neighborhood by locals.

The hostel is good and clean, the people working there are very nice, the atmosphere is very familiar because it's actually a flat turned into a hostel, so it's easy to approach everyone. The hostel is very under rated for the simple reason that it closes from 10 - 15h., and this is not very polite, because people are obliged to leave it. If they change this simple rule, I am sure they will become more popular and have more clients, and I also didn't like they charge 2 eur a day for lockers.

"For electricity please ask the reception"... No electricity without a lamp which is 20€ deposit and i could not turn it off. This was one of the weardest stays ever. Location is good

• 17th May 2014

In general I liked the hostel and the faciliteies I was provided with. The only thing I didn't like was that I had to buy a padlock for 4 euro. It was confusing because it is written on the website that lockers are avaliable but it was not mentioned that visitors have to buy it. Usually padlocks are being rented. Anyway this was the only disadventage I found.

A few blocks away from the main train station (Frankfurt Hbf). I wast just there for the night so I didn't get to see the city. For an overnight stay it's great. Cheap and good location.

Great hostel for a great price. Only downside was no electricity unless you pay.

The hostel is located close to both FFM train station and the city centre, which makes it really easy to reach. We stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm. Everything is nice and tidy. The staff is rather busy nevertheless really friendly. Unfortunately,the showers are mixed and some what see through,however there is the possibility to use the single shower found in the dorm room. If you wish to use the outlet next do your bed you have to get a reading light from the reception with a 20 euro desposit.

The breakfast was great, but would be better if the music was not so freaky loud.... Didn't like the fact of paying 2 eur for the use of lockers. Everything else was perfect. Great location!

One of the greatest hostels I've visited. Very secure, sometimes way too much security, it almost gets annoying. Location is a bit far, if you consider a 20 minutes walk to the center (it's a good location), but to its advantage, it's close to the main train station. The staff were so cool, very friendly. They recommended places to go and drink and eat. I said it before, one of the best hotels I've been to. Great value for money, clean rooms, clean toilets and showers. Very nice kitchen too.

I like this hostel, it is in the city center, that is really good. however, you need to do a deposit for everything! it is sucks...

great hostel!! i surelly come back!really recommend it!

The first time at the Hostel the shower water was okay. The second stay the shower water was cold. I value communication in any and all relationships if either person to business or person to person. When their is a link in a e mail to an external page, please put that in print, in the e mail. Any link from e mail to an external page is a security risk in my view from what i have learned in writing computer code.

• 19th Apr 2014