Unity Hostel Reviews

Kiraly utca 60, III.15., Budapest, Hungary

Really nice staff. Highly recommendable

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is well located and it's so nice because we was really in the center of pest. There are some people of the staff that are so nice but there is a handsome young guy with beard that is not polite...

Was very disappointed with this hostel. The pictures made it look very cute and cosy with a big kitchen but upon arrival it was a very different hostel; it turned out to be a second location but they hadn't mentioned it. The kitchen was not big, it was not a good hostel socialising wise (although there was a common room but people were just sleeping there and stuff) Also, it was above a ruinpub which was kind of seedy. furthermore the lockers had extremely sharp edges got a BIG scratch on my arm

First of all its not really a quiet hostel since most rooms are faced into ruin pub in the first floor which is also a stop of the pub crawls so it gets quite noisy at night. Also are none of the dorms equipped with AC. The location however is excellent with good restaurants just next door. Overall I think it is a pretty standard hostel with not much special to offer. I had a good stay after a festival and met cool people

Difficult to find hostel with small sign on door. I found the staff unknowledgeable compared with other hostels. Atmosphere wasn't too great with small social area. The hostel was clean though and offered a good nights sleep.

Despite loving the city of Budapest, I really didn't like this hostel. It's clean and the free breakfast is nice but the staff (excluding the lady who I assume is the manager who was helpful) so unbelievably rude and make it very clear they are very uninterested in helping you. I felt as if I was annoying them every time I asked a question and was told to come back later three times when I asked if I could use the washing machine before I just gave up. Rooms are unbearably hot.

Put a sign outside saying Unity Hostel? The other unity hostel marked it wrong on the map. Treestyle hostel were quite angry about all the tourists asking them where unity is. You need to get less sensitive smoke alarms above the stoves in the rooms, as you can't cook anything without the alarm going off. Your staff kept saying I hadn't paid, when it was actually their mistakes using the computer system. And make a new page on hostelworld for the new hostel.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Had a great time at the hostel. Very good staff and loved the free breakfast in the morning :) room was spacious but a bit too warm. Loved the bathroom very big and nice. Met supercool people and everyone seemed happy about their stay.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Extremely noisy since there is a bar downstairs. No air condition in the room i stayed although they gave me a fan when i told them about the heat. Friendly saff!

when i showed up to the hostel they made me walk to another one which was different to the one i booked. this would have been fine but it was 2am and i didnt feel safe as a solo female traveller. i booked this hostel for one night to get some rest. the hostel they moved me to was above a rowdy bar. there was no air conditioning so it was stinking hot. the shower was broken so the water came out like a hose. the bar was loud all night so i didnt get any sleep at all. not what i wanted at all.

Great hostel, nothing bad to say apart from the stove was rubbish, took two hours to boil water!

Good location and staff are decent but clealiness and facilities poor for the price. Hostel is on top floor of 4 story building and the stairs were not lit when we came back at night. Toilets and kitchen and rooms not well cleaned and developed a rash where I had slept on the pillow. Strict lights out in rooms at 10 and common room at 12 so not a social place. Staff also try and take your passport asa `security deposit' but will take driver's licesences or other less valuable ID if you ask.

awesome place, I stayed in the new one above the ruin pub which is so cute! staff were amazing especially as I had to walk from the other hostel. nice breakfast and good atmosphere. really chill and friendly. I'd stay here again if not only for the staff! kitchenette in the rooms too!

Excellent

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Spain

They sent us to an hotel owned by the same person but in a different address. Even though the e-mail they sent us stated the right address it was the first time I was sent to a Hotel that wasn't what I booked. When we tried to check-in we were asked to leave one ID on the reception for the full duration of the stay which is illegal. After more than 10 minutes arguing with the owner and after being asked to leave the Hotel they finally agreed to keep one Student's card.

No air conditioning, right on top of a ridiculously loud bar. If it wasn't for the people we met at the hostel, it would have scored lower.

Unity hostel is a great place to stay! The location is unbelievable and so close to everything and the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Because it is in the centre of it all, it was definitely loud at night. We went during a heat wave so it was definitely warm, but the open windows help keep the air flowing! The bathrooms and beds were also clean! So if you want to be at the centre of the city, this is definitely the place to stay!

Terrible experience! Thought I booked at the Unity hostel on one of the main streets only to arrive and be moved to another building called the Udvarrom. Horrible. It was above a 24hour ruin bar which I did not want evaluate you will not sleep, especially bad after going out for a pub crawl, it never ends. Disgusting bathrooms, slow front desk service. Was not what I wanted to pay for, very mislead.

This hostel is in 2 locations so after arriving to the directions I was given I then had to walk elsewhere on my own in the middle of the night which wasn't great. Secondly there is no AC so was very hard to sleep in the heat. The hostel is above a 24hour bar so be prepared for noise all night. Location was the only good thing about it - but I wouldn't stay here again.

I booked Unity hostel with the impression of a fully air conditioned room This unfortunately was not the case, in 37 degree heat the room was nearly unbearable with only a small fan which we were v.disappointed about. Wifi - very good Bread and cereal provided every day Room - spacious and characterful Location- incredible Would stay again but only if air conditioned ! Staff friendly and helpful Budapest is amazing

• 5th Aug 2015