University of Toronto New College Residences Reviews

40 Willcocks Street, Toronto, Canada

A little effort would make a difference. It seemed that emphasis was being given to the wrong priorities. Minor amenities like irons could be provided to guests. The floors of our rooms were dirty. We didn't need plastic cups changed every day.

• 6th Aug 2013

Very good.

• 5th Aug 2013

Outstanding location. Room was very large (double, two people stayed in it), quiet; comfortablr beds. Windows can be opened. Big lounge area on 1sr floor. Security was great, requires magnetic key to access any areas past the desk. Paid parking is close by, public transit passes the front door. Limited breakfast selection in cafeteria - just eggs, sausage, toast, sweet rolls, not a good value but great choice of drinks! Microwave, fridge, stove but no plates/cups/utensils/pots in common room.

• 27th Jun 2013

It's a hostel experience not a hotel so the expectations are different. Compared to other hostels it was quite nice and inexpensive for a single. It is not meant for someone looking to socialize but for someone who is looking for a great location to get out and do things. There were hairs, as in multiple, in the bed. Thankfully I brought my own sheets and of course towel and washcloth. Wonderful location and I felt safe even though I traveled alone.

• 24th Jun 2013

This is a great place to stay in. Staff are very helpful and the rooms are decently sized. There is a locked luggage room and only keyholders of the residence can access the elevators - good for security. The front door is a stone's throw away from a streetcar stop and a few minutes walk from a subway station. There are many reasonably-priced cafes nearby, and the university campus provides a great opportunity for walking. Only downside is no wifi, but the ethernet cables available are adequate.

These are college dorms that are rented out during the summer when a lot of the rooms become vacant. Being that it was a college dorm I was expecting a little more excitement and social activities, the few students that remain however are mostly asian and very quiet and to themselves. Since I was traveling by myself as I usually am in my travels I was hoping to meet some new people as I always do when traveling but that did not happen this time. There is one bathroom per floor in the dorms

A very nice place to stay if you looking for a clean, single occupancy room. It doesn't t have the any fun dailly events as other hostels.

Really great hostel for the price! The staff seemed a bit clueless on some things--like they weren't from Toronto and couldn't tell us how to use the trolleys--or where to park our car overnight. Other than that--our room was great; clean, comfortable, exactly how I would expect it to be.

Aside from the fact that the a/c was constantly running, I actually found the dormitory to be quite comfortable. It was also a good opportunity to get to know other people traveling to the area and the location was perfect to go exploring around the city without getting too lost.

• 14th Jun 2013

Best value for money I've ever had in a "hostel"/hotel. Much better than the other summer residence in Toronto. Only problem is that they don't provide a kettle anywhere in the building, nor any other means of getting a coffee, so I had a one mile walk each morning to get myself a drink. Rather irritating.

very sufficient university private room, except no wifi

Was made to feel so welcome. When my own umbrella broke in a rainstorm, they loaned me one for the duration. So close to all public transport and large assortment of eating locales of all classes along nearby Bloor or much further down on Spadina. LOVE the Wilson Hall !

• 28th May 2013

Great customer service by the front desk staff. Our rooms were spotless as well as the restrooms and common areas. The location is excellent to get to all public tramsportation.

Great place to drop into for the night. Super clean and organized place. Really easy access to downtown. Thanks!

• 24th May 2013

Excellent location, close to everything, super cheap for this city, the staff was nice and helpful. Showers were ok, toilets were often dirty, but never for long, so I blame it on the occupants not the cleaning staff. They don't clean your room or change your sheets during your stay though. This is a very basic dorm, so not much character and atmosphere. The dorm was relatively calm, except for one night with noisy school kids. Ideal for anyone looking for something cheap and well located.

Cheap, Clean and good location. If you're hoping to find some social interaction, this is not the place for you, however. I was just visiting some friends in the Toronto area so it worked out brilliantly for me.

Good overall. Toilets unclean.

the cleaning staff did not coordinate with the front desk. The room was assigned to us but it wasn't ready. The cleaning staff prompted clean the room. We had a wonderful experience and highly recommended to others who want to visit downtown Tornoto. UT provides great location, clean and safe environment.

• 13th May 2013
  • Taiwan

I enjoyed my stay at University Residences as it was clean & comfortable and well located to the city centre and other neighbourhoods I was keen to explore. HAving stayed in hostels prior to my arrival I was used to making my own meals, however asthere was no plates, cutlery etc, I ended up eating out most nights which can prove expensive. Overall I would stay there again as well located to public transport for getting around the city.

very well organized,clean tidy