University of Toronto New College Residences Reviews

40 Willcocks Street, Toronto, Canada

It was very noisy outside on the street one evening it seemed a number of drunk students were outside and one could not sleep and some of them later on in the early morning hours came to their rooms on our floor and it was load and no one intervened the noise even though staff was at the front desk (which I enquired about the following day when I mentioned it and asked why no one stopped this)! I would stay there again because of the low price but feel that any noise issues need to be addressed.

• 6th Jun 2014

Well done! =)

It is a basic but clean accommodation and not too far from the downtown. It takes 20 minutes on foot. Nearby there are some good shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants. Would use this place again!

staff was accommodating. room was clean. everyone was friendly. price was great.

• 31st May 2014

I went to Toronto for 2 nights and that was well worth it to stay at University of Toronto dorms.

• 30th May 2014

This is not like a hostel, so it is not a very social place. That being said, it was safe, and just what I needed for one night in Toronto!

The bed was uncomfortable and the sheets were exceptionally scratch. The walls and floor of the room needed a good scrubbing. Excellent location and staff was super friendly.

Good location, really cheap, but I didn't had access to Internet in my room even with the cable.

• 23rd May 2014

I was unaware of the approximately $125.00 key deposit. It would have been nice to know prior to arrival.

• 17th May 2014

Amazing location ! It's a university dorm so nothing like a hostel so I say this is the best in toronto! Key cards to get in Huge communal washrooms and showers Vendor machines Option of breakfast And location and price is the best!!!!!!

Parking is such a pain for people who own a car. Conflicting information was given on the parking situation around campus. Washrooms are located far from the rooms and aren't clean.

• 16th May 2014
  • Singapore

It's basic but a decent place to stay for a short time.

Great value if you want a single room. Nothing fancy but does the job. Lovely neighbourhood and close enough to all major sights. Tram just outside the door connects directly to the Subway a few blocks up the road and you'll get door to door from the airport in just over an hour for 3 dollars. Good restaurants nearby.

While I stayed there food would go missing out of the fridge. There was also people sleeping in the common room that didn't belong there.

A little effort would make a difference. It seemed that emphasis was being given to the wrong priorities. Minor amenities like irons could be provided to guests. The floors of our rooms were dirty. We didn't need plastic cups changed every day.

• 6th Aug 2013

Very good.

• 5th Aug 2013

Outstanding location. Room was very large (double, two people stayed in it), quiet; comfortablr beds. Windows can be opened. Big lounge area on 1sr floor. Security was great, requires magnetic key to access any areas past the desk. Paid parking is close by, public transit passes the front door. Limited breakfast selection in cafeteria - just eggs, sausage, toast, sweet rolls, not a good value but great choice of drinks! Microwave, fridge, stove but no plates/cups/utensils/pots in common room.

• 27th Jun 2013

It's a hostel experience not a hotel so the expectations are different. Compared to other hostels it was quite nice and inexpensive for a single. It is not meant for someone looking to socialize but for someone who is looking for a great location to get out and do things. There were hairs, as in multiple, in the bed. Thankfully I brought my own sheets and of course towel and washcloth. Wonderful location and I felt safe even though I traveled alone.

• 24th Jun 2013

This is a great place to stay in. Staff are very helpful and the rooms are decently sized. There is a locked luggage room and only keyholders of the residence can access the elevators - good for security. The front door is a stone's throw away from a streetcar stop and a few minutes walk from a subway station. There are many reasonably-priced cafes nearby, and the university campus provides a great opportunity for walking. Only downside is no wifi, but the ethernet cables available are adequate.

These are college dorms that are rented out during the summer when a lot of the rooms become vacant. Being that it was a college dorm I was expecting a little more excitement and social activities, the few students that remain however are mostly asian and very quiet and to themselves. Since I was traveling by myself as I usually am in my travels I was hoping to meet some new people as I always do when traveling but that did not happen this time. There is one bathroom per floor in the dorms