Unplugged Hostel Pocitos Reviews

Luis de la Torre 930, Montevideo, Uruguay

Literally the worst shower I have ever had in a hostel. Everything else about the hostel is great. But surely you can put in a showerhead instead of leaving me to use the hand held shower. Flor that works there is stunning though and very helpful.

The Location depends of your travel purposes. If you want to stay close to the beach then it is perfect, however it wasn't my case. It is winter and I wanted to stay in a place I could manage to do things by walk. I've made reservations for 7days but when I've realised that I only stayed a night. The hostel is also at the same neighbohood of the street with night options. It is a family neighbohood so that's the only things you can do there. Horrible bathroom and breakfast. Bad cleaning.

Unplugged Hostel has an incredible staff to start. Most generally, the hostel staff everywhere are understanding and kind, but it's actually difficult to find people who are as amazing as they are in Unplugged. It's a place where you can have a very good time without worrying about anything. The breakfast could be richer, but it depends on the breakfast culture I guess, haha. Definitely recommended!

The crew was fantastic. The place is amazing, very cozy, near the ramblas and parque rodó. Will return, definitely.

• 26th Jul 2014

the best hostel! grateful to all staff

Most disappointing was that there was no tv and kitchen had no microwave. breakfast was poor but the ambient was very nice and the staff very cooperative.

• 20th Jun 2014

Diego, Thanks for your comments. Answering to them, we inform you that we have 3 cable TVs (reception, living-room, bar), and also 2 microwaves in the kitchen. We are surprised that you didn't notice any of them. Thanks again, and we are glad that the staff made you feel comfortable during your stay. Kind regards.

Rooms and amenities are adequate but the best thing about the hostel was how accommodating the staff were. Although I didn't speak any Spanish everyone made me feel welcomed, I had a great time there.

• 13th Jun 2014

A few basic maintenance jobs on the facilities and rooms could go along way to improving the overall experience. But otherwise helpful staff and good location

Thanks for your comments! Sadly, during your stay at the hostel we were reforming the facilities and rooms, so we try our best to keep the hostel running normally. We are working on this in order to give a better service, which is our main goal. We are trully sorry that your experience here wasn't the best. Kind regards

The hostel was friendly and relaxed. I came with an eye infection and the staff could not have been any more helpful in helping me get medical attention, helping me with translation, letting me phone my insurance company and taking me to the hospital clinic. Very friendly place.

The staff are excellent above all!!! Would go back there for sure!

we stayed a night due to stop over on the way to buenos aires. the homepage is more appealing than the hostel itself. I would not like to stay there for longer.the facilities are in a poor condition and the beds are very old and not comfy. but the staff was friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Apr 2014

The higher points of this hostel is for sure the staff, who I can't thank enough for all the support. And also the location, it's a real good focal point. Certainly, facilities, better lockers and cleanliness of the bedrooms could be better. However, I would certainly recomend this hostel.