Unplugged Hostel Pocitos Reviews

Luis de la Torre 930, Montevideo, Uruguay

staff could be more polite with guests and visitors, and give more info and promote more of the activities around the hostel and the city. also several lockers in the rooms are not big enough for most travelling baggage. everything else was pretty good.

The hostel is located in a very nice, secure area only 10 minutes walk from the beach. It takes around 15 minutes by bus to get to the city center. The staff are really friendly, helpful and relaxed and you almost have the feeling that you're in someone's home. The things that I don't really liked was that it was quite dirty, it seemed like anyone could just walk in and the lockers needed replacement.

Great sweet staff with a good amount of knowledge about Montevideo and eager to help you. I was looking for a post office and health food store and they could point out different options for both and even advice on how to send post the best. Downside is the 8-bed dorm bordering directly to both the garden, with loud music until 3-4 o clock in the night, and the reception, with surprisingly loud staff checking in people at 8 in the morning. Just don't book that dorm.

Literally the worst shower I have ever had in a hostel. Everything else about the hostel is great. But surely you can put in a showerhead instead of leaving me to use the hand held shower. Flor that works there is stunning though and very helpful.

The Location depends of your travel purposes. If you want to stay close to the beach then it is perfect, however it wasn't my case. It is winter and I wanted to stay in a place I could manage to do things by walk. I've made reservations for 7days but when I've realised that I only stayed a night. The hostel is also at the same neighbohood of the street with night options. It is a family neighbohood so that's the only things you can do there. Horrible bathroom and breakfast. Bad cleaning.

Unplugged Hostel has an incredible staff to start. Most generally, the hostel staff everywhere are understanding and kind, but it's actually difficult to find people who are as amazing as they are in Unplugged. It's a place where you can have a very good time without worrying about anything. The breakfast could be richer, but it depends on the breakfast culture I guess, haha. Definitely recommended!