Unplugged Hostel Pocitos Reviews

Luis de la Torre 930, Montevideo, Uruguay

Had a good stay there, good location to go to the beach etc. Very friendly and helpful staff, very good breakfast.

Great staff, super friendly and willing to help with anything you need. Breakfast provided and sheets etc. In Pocitos so v central to go to beach. Great hostel!

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Very nice hostel, well located and it is near to the Rambla, safe, clean. The staff guys are friendly and helpful. I'm considering going back there again.

• 15th Feb 2014

This place offered a great experience while staying in Montevideo. Wonderful staff, the owners Flor and her brother are super nice as well. They are all more than willing to help with any needs or problems. Always a good time every night I was there. It's walking distance to the beach also! Extremely glad I stayed here.

The hostel is small but very friendly. The staff are great! If you want a place to know people and very near the sea, this is the place. Pocitos is an amazing neighborhood! Is far from the center of the city but there are a lot of buses, so it is easy to go. And in Pocitos there are a lot of things to do.

Great hostel, probably among the best ones i've stayed at in South America. Awesome staff, nice rooms and a nice bar where most of the people used to drink and celebrate. Also they offer free drinking water. The only "problem" was the kitchen - too small, but since everyone in the hostel respect each other, that wasnt a big problem at all.

The best part about this hostel is the owners who are both incredible,kind, fun, helpful, and welcoming. There is a great hangout room downstairs, where they play music and have a bar to buy drinks. Bathrooms and showers are pretty run down, as is the kitchen, but it's a hostel and that's often what you get. Location was amazing. Right by a bus stop, bakeries, cafes, restaurants, a grocery story, etc. And it felt safe. Don't come here expecting a perfect night's rest, but you'll have a good time

• 29th Jan 2014

Average hostel. Met some great people, but there was a party going on till 7:30am when I had to get up at 9am... Rooms and bathrooms are okay, but not super. Some rooms are really small and have a weird sound-damping thing on the walls. Pretty close to a big supermarket and beach.

The staff here were amazing, to the point where they offered to come to the Paraguay consulate to translate for us and help us get our Visas! The hostel was a bit cramped in areas like the kitchen and rooms but had a nice little bar at the back.

Hey thanks man! Thanks for the feedback, be sure we're working on that mate! cheers! and we wait you back!

I have never been so welcomed in a Hostel or Hotel as i was at Unplugged, Staff are super friendly, they have a great team and awesome atmosphere. thank you very much guys ,

You´re very welcome! te esperamos a la vuelta!! :)

Unplugged is a party hostel--at least that was my impression. I was there over a holiday so that might explain that it was loud until very late at night. The staff is friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is good. Unfortunately, it is not very clean--neither in the dorms nor in the bathrooms. The facilities are pretty old, though everything works. Breakfast is mediocre. The beach is about 15 minutes away. I am hesitant to recommend Unplugged, unless you like to party and value atmosphere.

Very nice patio outside!

It was a great place!! We were treated very well, all the staff helped us every time we needed some information. We slept very well and the place was clean. I recommend this place!!

A NIce Hostel, but there isn't nothing special to the guests. Poor bathrooms cleanliness but a Nice shared area for guests At Night. Location is Nice for who wants a safe place at Montevideo!!!

Great place!!! Clean, comfortable, and great value for money!.

Need to be improved.

It is in one of the nicest parts of Montevideo. Much safer than the Ciudad Viejo or Port and walking distance to the beach or quick bus ride to Tres Cruces bus terminal. But more than anything else, it was the staff that stands out. I signed up for the Saturday night grill that they have and it was the best decision that I made. The staff was fun and made great food. Thank you to them for showing me Montevideo and Uruguay. Muchas gracias a todos.

I had a great time at Unplugged, the staff were friendly and very helpful. The hostel was really clean and the location was great! The atmosphere was really relaxed and friendly, I would certainly recommend this hostel to anyone. coming to Montevideo.

It was nice to stay at the Unplugged. We had fun there and we enjoyed the city a lot even if it was just for a couple of days. The acoustic isolation of the rooms was amazing!!!

It is dirty. Somebody thought it'd be a good idea to put some acoustic isolation on the rooms... well, it wasn't. That thing is full of dust! The bathrooms are also terrible! First, they aren't enough. If somebody is taking shower, you can't used for other matters. Secound, they are just dirty and incompleted... The common room and the bar are OK, no problems with those. Nothing to do around the hostel too. The staff could be ok, if there wasn't one who stayed outside all the time.