Upper Central NYC Reviews

246 Lenox Avenue, New York, USA

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

• 16th Oct 2014

Goods: Friendly staff Clean bathrooms and rooms Bads: Breakfast is not really breakfast Location is in a little bit creepy neighborhood A/C was not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Good hostel, friendly staff, had a decent shower probably the best shower in any hostel ever. Location was an issue because of the area but nothing happened. I came home at 5am no problems. Train station is close by and once your on the train it takes 10 minutes to get into mid town manhattan. I liked this hostel, i would stay here again. The area is historic and is a picture of what New York looked like 50 yrs ago

Upper Central NYC is a great hostel- I really enjoyed my saty and ended up extending it! The staff are super friendly and always willing to help out with anything you need! I would definitely stay here again if/when I go back to New York.

Very nice and helpful staff, everything is new and clean, mattress is comfortable and room is wide. Common areas are cool too.

Very neat,comfortable place!

Had a great time!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Very nice small hostel. Rooms were huge, with private bathroom and shower. Staff was very cool, with a very nice living space downstairs. The only bad point was that it was kind of hard to find, since it is just a house from outside. Otherwise it was perfect. Hundreds of times better than HI.

Everything was fine, staff was awesome.hostel is at Harlem. It is perfect point to start going around from "central park to statue of liberty " I am totally satisfied. By the way I have a good news for Turkish guys, one of the hostel administrator is Turkish! He was so helpful, don't hesitate to stay here at all!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

One of the best and nicest hostels in the world.

The staff at this hostel make this place so inviting I honestly wanted to move to new York and live here! Its very big and modern and they give u free Cheerios, tea, coffee and fruit better than any other hostel in new York. I liked the neighborhood too just across the street there is Harlem shake best shakes I've ever had! If I ever have the pleasure of returning to new York I will definitely stay here! Best hostel ever!

This is a really good hostel, is relatively new and the facilities are in excellent condition. The rooms are not crowded and there is only for people for each bathroom (which is great for a hostel). The staff is really polite and friendly. Is a pretty normal place without too much of that hostel atmosphere.(which might be a downside with you want more than just a hotel ). The only downside is that the neighborhood is not that good (but I didn't have any security problem)

I loved my stay!! The people were fantastic and made me feel right at home. My only regret? I didn't stay longer!

• 24th Aug 2014

Except wifi Speed I liked everything. Will stay again.

Was originally meant to stay in this hostel for one night, but the staff were such good hosts I ended up staying for 4 nights. The atmosphere was good, if people wanted to drink you could get a party going. Considering it is a new hostel it was great value for money and only a 20minute subway to Times Square. My only issues are that it's in Harlem I didn't like the area, they staff could try and host parties at nights, and out locks on the dorm rooms is must! Sorry about the speaker!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Great place to stay, worth the money, staff is incredible, very near to subway station.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Guatemala

I've never been in a hostel so perfect like Upper Central, the atmosphere is perfect, the building is new, the people are lovely, the staff is helpful, Allan, the guy who runs the place, is really cool and ambitious about the place. They will be a big hostel soon. Ps: he gave me medicine when I was sick. It's 2min to the metro station. BEST PLACE TO STAY IN NY. beijos Braziiiil

• 12th Aug 2014

Very welcoming and helpful staff! Practical Manhattan location, two blocks walk from nearest subway station. Nicest bathroom and fanciest shower I've seen in a hostel so far, hotel quality. Fast wireless internet in the room. Spacious rooms, good air quality. Nice and comfortable bed. One tiny complaint: the room's lockers were made of rather thin wood and only a very small padlock fit on them, could possibly be easy to break into. I was very impressed and content with my stay here. Recommended.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Norway

This hostel is brand new. It's an older building that's been fully renovated and outfitted with new fixtures. The welcome was genuine and a quick friendly tour of the hostel was given. Definitely there is a good social vibe in the common areas. In other hostels I've felt isolated. The set-up of the common areas made for good mixing of guests. There is nothing unusual about this hostel worth mentioning. But I think the guy running the hostel may be Batman or some other super hero by night.

The owners were fantastic, there to make everyone feel comfortable with whatever they needed, and fostered a very positive environment. The area is a bit sketchy for a woman walking alone, but you'll make friends at the hostel, and will therefore have an escort or two :). The hostel itself was super cute and clean. Breakfast on Sundays is awesome - muffins, bread rolls, bagels, etc. Every morning there is also fresh fruit and cereal (all free).

View all New York Bed and Breakfasts