Upper Central NYC Reviews

246 Lenox Avenue, New York, USA

The place was extremely clean and well maintained, they provide towel and clean linen upon arrival. Breakfast is pretty decent. Everyone extremely nice and great people. Will recommend and stay here again if I have the chance to visit NYC again

Very helpful and involved staff. Good facilities and close to the metro. My first night the hot water wasn't functioning so they bought free pizza for everyone to apologize. Neighborhood a little bit creppy but I returned late some days and nothing happened. It would be good if some some events (like cooking in group, pub crawling, etc) to integrate travelers. Breakfast is coffee or tea, cereal, milk and fruits. Healthy but don't expect more than that.

Great location. Security into the building is a key pad - no locks on any of the doors due to fire safety. First hostel I have stayed in with this rule however had no issues. Wifi didn't work for me but I have an American SIM card so this wasn't an problem for me. Subway a minute away. Recommend week pass $30. Staff helpful & friendly. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. Lockers available in rooms - bring your own padlock.

• 27th Nov 2014

Love you all, thanks for everything. I hope to come back soon :) Alice

I really wish they could/would throw out any of the left over shampoo/conditioner bottles left in the showers. I know they don't know if they belong to current guests but I was annoyed by all the bottles in the shower. Other than that the staff and place was great. I've recommended this place to all my friends.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great location & great value for a hostel in NYC. The building is a gorgeous old brick house with a very cool "loft" feel to it. The staff are incredibly friendly and super helpful. Definitely my favouite hostel stay so far!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

• 16th Oct 2014

Nice clean spaces, excelent showers. Location could be better. But close to subway and central park.

Goods: Friendly staff Clean bathrooms and rooms Bads: Breakfast is not really breakfast Location is in a little bit creepy neighborhood A/C was not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Good hostel, friendly staff, had a decent shower probably the best shower in any hostel ever. Location was an issue because of the area but nothing happened. I came home at 5am no problems. Train station is close by and once your on the train it takes 10 minutes to get into mid town manhattan. I liked this hostel, i would stay here again. The area is historic and is a picture of what New York looked like 50 yrs ago

Upper Central NYC is a great hostel- I really enjoyed my saty and ended up extending it! The staff are super friendly and always willing to help out with anything you need! I would definitely stay here again if/when I go back to New York.

Very nice and helpful staff, everything is new and clean, mattress is comfortable and room is wide. Common areas are cool too.

Very neat,comfortable place!

Had a great time!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Very nice small hostel. Rooms were huge, with private bathroom and shower. Staff was very cool, with a very nice living space downstairs. The only bad point was that it was kind of hard to find, since it is just a house from outside. Otherwise it was perfect. Hundreds of times better than HI.

Everything was fine, staff was awesome.hostel is at Harlem. It is perfect point to start going around from "central park to statue of liberty " I am totally satisfied. By the way I have a good news for Turkish guys, one of the hostel administrator is Turkish! He was so helpful, don't hesitate to stay here at all!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

One of the best and nicest hostels in the world.

The staff at this hostel make this place so inviting I honestly wanted to move to new York and live here! Its very big and modern and they give u free Cheerios, tea, coffee and fruit better than any other hostel in new York. I liked the neighborhood too just across the street there is Harlem shake best shakes I've ever had! If I ever have the pleasure of returning to new York I will definitely stay here! Best hostel ever!

This is a really good hostel, is relatively new and the facilities are in excellent condition. The rooms are not crowded and there is only for people for each bathroom (which is great for a hostel). The staff is really polite and friendly. Is a pretty normal place without too much of that hostel atmosphere.(which might be a downside with you want more than just a hotel ). The only downside is that the neighborhood is not that good (but I didn't have any security problem)

I loved my stay!! The people were fantastic and made me feel right at home. My only regret? I didn't stay longer!

• 24th Aug 2014