Upper Central NYC Reviews

246 Lenox Avenue, New York, USA

One of the best and nicest hostels in the world.

The staff at this hostel make this place so inviting I honestly wanted to move to new York and live here! Its very big and modern and they give u free Cheerios, tea, coffee and fruit better than any other hostel in new York. I liked the neighborhood too just across the street there is Harlem shake best shakes I've ever had! If I ever have the pleasure of returning to new York I will definitely stay here! Best hostel ever!

This is a really good hostel, is relatively new and the facilities are in excellent condition. The rooms are not crowded and there is only for people for each bathroom (which is great for a hostel). The staff is really polite and friendly. Is a pretty normal place without too much of that hostel atmosphere.(which might be a downside with you want more than just a hotel ). The only downside is that the neighborhood is not that good (but I didn't have any security problem)

I loved my stay!! The people were fantastic and made me feel right at home. My only regret? I didn't stay longer!

• 24th Aug 2014

Except wifi Speed I liked everything. Will stay again.

Was originally meant to stay in this hostel for one night, but the staff were such good hosts I ended up staying for 4 nights. The atmosphere was good, if people wanted to drink you could get a party going. Considering it is a new hostel it was great value for money and only a 20minute subway to Times Square. My only issues are that it's in Harlem I didn't like the area, they staff could try and host parties at nights, and out locks on the dorm rooms is must! Sorry about the speaker!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Great place to stay, worth the money, staff is incredible, very near to subway station.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Guatemala

I've never been in a hostel so perfect like Upper Central, the atmosphere is perfect, the building is new, the people are lovely, the staff is helpful, Allan, the guy who runs the place, is really cool and ambitious about the place. They will be a big hostel soon. Ps: he gave me medicine when I was sick. It's 2min to the metro station. BEST PLACE TO STAY IN NY. beijos Braziiiil

• 12th Aug 2014

Very welcoming and helpful staff! Practical Manhattan location, two blocks walk from nearest subway station. Nicest bathroom and fanciest shower I've seen in a hostel so far, hotel quality. Fast wireless internet in the room. Spacious rooms, good air quality. Nice and comfortable bed. One tiny complaint: the room's lockers were made of rather thin wood and only a very small padlock fit on them, could possibly be easy to break into. I was very impressed and content with my stay here. Recommended.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Norway

This hostel is brand new. It's an older building that's been fully renovated and outfitted with new fixtures. The welcome was genuine and a quick friendly tour of the hostel was given. Definitely there is a good social vibe in the common areas. In other hostels I've felt isolated. The set-up of the common areas made for good mixing of guests. There is nothing unusual about this hostel worth mentioning. But I think the guy running the hostel may be Batman or some other super hero by night.

The owners were fantastic, there to make everyone feel comfortable with whatever they needed, and fostered a very positive environment. The area is a bit sketchy for a woman walking alone, but you'll make friends at the hostel, and will therefore have an escort or two :). The hostel itself was super cute and clean. Breakfast on Sundays is awesome - muffins, bread rolls, bagels, etc. Every morning there is also fresh fruit and cereal (all free).

great staff, 2 stops from subway, plus a feeling of home. although the hostel is recently opened, they have prioritized for success. as opposed to just a place to stay, you can really feel relaxed and welcome at upper central. for those passing thru a city like NYC, it's definitely got the perfect vibe to balance your day out. everything is recently re-done with brand new bathrooms, bedding, etc. best value for the $ i have seen in NYC. highly recommend.

• 7th Aug 2014

BEAUTIFUL house in a great location. Close to major subway (2), friendly staff, modern showers, in a famous neighborhood on NYC. Would definitely recommend!

• 6th Aug 2014

Best hostel i have stayed at so far! Amazing staff, cheap, nice rooms, great atmosphere and its close to subway and walking distance to Central Park!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Brand new, they were still doing some work when we arrived but it was fantastic. Really spacious and clean, comfortable beds, great bathrooms. The guys running it were very friendly and welcoming - happy to help with anything. About a 20 minute walk to most places in upper Manhattan and close to the subway. I definitely recommend this place and would stay there again.

This place totally rocks! The location is incredible with all the most famously iconic of new york within 10 min walking or by subway. The boys who run the joint are really nice with great local advice The price and the location make this the only hostel I will use in new york in the future.

Thank you for all your support and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Awesome photography you have. We look forward to accommodating you again and wish you the best. Safe and happy travels.

Just an amazing place to stay in New York! Location is excellent, near the subway and it’s cheap! The room, toilets and showers were clean and totally brand new! Bedroom was comfortable and the neighborhood quiet enough. The common areas were clean, organized and well presented. They are amazing! The hostel has great vibe and its staff is excellent. They are helpful and very friendly. I stayed for two nights with 5 other friends and we would definitely stay there again. Highly recommended!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thank you for all your support and we are very pleased that you all enjoyed your stay. We look forward to accommodating the group again and wish you all the best down in Virginia and overseas. Upper Central NYC Team

The loveliest people! So so friendly and excellent facilities! Lovely homely environment, felt really safe and happy, definitely go back next time we are in nyc!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thank you for all your support and we are very pleased that both of you all enjoyed your stay. We look forward to accommodating you guys again and wish you all the best across the United States. Upper Central NYC Team

It is the best hostel in the nyc.

Thank you so very much for your review. We couldn't do it without our great guests like yourself. Thank you for all your support and we are very pleased that you all enjoyed your stay. Upper Central NYC Team

This is a new hostel start up but by the looks of things these guys are hitting the ground running. Excellent facilities with spotless spacious rooms and bathrooms. everything brand new. Staff are really friendly and attentive and clearly have a genuine desire to make your stay a memorable one. Location is excellent and only 2 stops from the north side of Central Park. I wouldn't be surprised if this is considered the best hostel in New York within a few months. Will, Sophie and Tristan.

Thank you for your support and we are very pleased that you all enjoyed your stay. You guys made it easy to accommodate the three of you and it was our pleasure to meet travelers such as yourselves. We look forward to seeing all again and wish you all the best back home and in future travels. Upper Central NYC Team