Uppsala Vandrarhem/ Kvarntorget STF/IYHF Reviews

Kvarntorgsgatan 3, Uppsala, Sweden

Especially the kitchen was really dirty, no lockers or table in the room, no new toiletpaper for about 4 days in our private toilett.

The kitchen was a mess, but probably it did not have anything to do with the hostel but with the other visitors.

It was a bit difficult to find the hostel and it isn't exactly close to the center although it's still in good walking distance. Hostelstaff was helpful when asked but not as acomodating as in other hostels. The atmosphere was a bit weird since there weren't many people around and noone seemed to want to engage with each other. The mixture of hostel and hotel and also the location with the windows going to this canopied courtyard maybe gave way to this weird feeling. The kitchen was not the best

It was my first time in such place (I mean Vandrarhem in Sweden), and I was completely satisfied with all facilities and the atmosphere there. I would like to recommend this place with pleasure. And I hope I will come back.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Poland

The only thing I have to critisise is the shower in our six bed-room: It's just a few centimeters deep - and so it is dangerous that the water will fill the whole bathroom floor. But with the time I've chosen the showers which are for all (roughly at the middle of the corridor). And these are ok! :-)

• 3rd Nov 2014