Urban Central Reviews

334 City Road Southbank, Melbourne, Australia

1929 Total Reviews

The only thing bad was the price as the Australian open was on it was over $50 per night but hostel was nice, comfortable and clean also had a bar which the bpl on 😃

Thank you for your review, Our bar sets a social and fun atmosphere for our guests. It is also a great environment for watching sports. We have many large screens and play all the top games from around the world. It was our pleasure to provide you with our exceptional service during your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you again. Kind regards, The team at Urban Central.

Very nice i got great time at here!!!!! Btw wish wift can be more cheaper and faster!!!

We would have liked to have better lighting in the rooms and bathroom Other wise the rooms were very nice

• 13th Jan 2016

Thank you for your lovely review, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I will discuss the lighting in the rooms with our housekeeping department in our next department meeting. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards, The team at Urban Central.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The room was very clean and plenty of room for everyones belongings! Also had a really big bathroom that was really clean as well! Would definitely go back to this hostel if in Melbourne again! The location isnt bad but its a bit of a walk to get to the places to see.

Thank you for your review, It is our pleasure to offer our guests the best in service and facilities. Our rooms are spacious and equipped with a large locker to store luggage. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards The team at Urban Central

The Hostel was a great place to stay at. The staff were so helpful I think her name is Lisa and also the German man behind the reception. Great location and something to do all the time. Dave the bar manager was just amazing he made my partner and I feel so comfortable and was such a lovely guy. The only down falls I would say we're there is no proper Oven which would of been better and also no Space in the fridge and they smelt extremely bad. Apart from this was 10 out of 10

• 31st Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Good hostel for passing through.

Very expensive Wi-fi and high rates for using the computers. I had really unfriendly people in my room that were just hanging around all day long. Also when I've met people on the floor or in the bathroom, nobody was greeting you. A lot of party people & jobless people. Terrible atmosphere, would never stay there again. Only plus: Very good location (close to the city centre, but very noisy because of the street) & friendly helpful staff at the reception.

Such good value for money! Nothing fancy but clean, quiet and safe. Really close to CBD and public transport. Lovely, friendly staff :) would definitely stay again and already recommended to friends!

We had a few dramas while staying at the hostel but the staff were amazing and very friendly. The rooms are clean but the bathrooms need updating. Although it is next to a freeway you don't really hear it at night and the aircon is petty good during the hot nights!

Very clean! Central location!

We are travelling around Australia with our two children. We needed accommodation for a couple of nights near the CBD, that was not too pricey. We booked a family room as we needed 4 beds. Our room was spacious, with city views and the staff were great with our children. Highly recommend. :)

• 18th Dec 2015

Thank you for your lovely review, I have congratulated our staff for their efforts in accommodating your gorgeous family. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards, The team at Urban Central

I loved this hostel! The staff were very friendly, big clean rooms and only four people in rooms. Free breakfast, nice bar,close to city and supermarkets. Wish I could have stayed longer. Thank you Urban Central for your hospitality.

• 18th Dec 2015

Thank you for your wonderful review, It was our pleasure to accommodate you and provide quality service and facilities for your stay. We are extremely fortunate with our location because we are a short walk to many restaurants, cafes, Crown casino and the South Melbourne market. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. Kind regards, The team at Urban Central

Staff are rude and disrespectful, got called a liar and actually shouted at by one staff member saying that I wasn't even a customer! Rooms are dirty and feels like a prison. Bad atmosphere also.

• 11th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review, I apologise that you felt our staff members were rude as this is extremely uncharacteristic. There was confusion because you checked out of our venue but you left your open luggage in the dorm room. We apologise for the misunderstanding however we have to have a policy for bag storage and facility access following the checkout and departure of guests. Thank you for staying with us. Kind regards, The team at urban central

Good location. Free breakfast. Rooms are fine. Big cupboards for lockers. However the sockets are in here so not ideal for charging phone etc. Travel desk downstairs is really good. Clinton was great. Overall good hostel.

Awesome place ended up staying for two weeks would recommend to anyone

Thank you for your fantastic review, Looking forward to welcoming you again. Kind regards, The team at Urban Central

Fantastic!!!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Looking forward to welcoming you again. Kind regards, The team at Urban Central

The staff were not personable and the rooms were very average. Small thin pillows with no cost beared, and a broken A/C. The location was a relatively long walk from any other food places which was frustrating because we weren't keen to eat McDonalds every morning.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review, I apologise that you felt our staff were not personal. We pride ourselves on service and enjoy welcoming each guest and meeting their every whim in our venue. We have recently purchased new Manchester for all of our dorm rooms. We apologise for not communicating how close we are to many restaurants, fantastic cafes and the South Melbourne market they are all a 5 minute walk away. Thank you for staying with us. Kind regards, The team at urban central

Had one night booked with Urban Central - Malaysia Airlines cancelled my flight from Kathmandu - Melbourne, therefore I had to cancel my booking. Although this was completely out of my control, Urban Central still charged me the full amount for the night. I understand there is a 24-hour cancellation policy, but considering the circumstances, it's more just common decency to accept that I couldn't change the situation. Won't be booking here again.

• 30th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review, It is very unfortunate that your travel plans were impeded. Like many accommodation venues we have a 24 hour cancellation policy with hostel world. Your travel insurance should be able to assist you with any compensation you are entitled to. Kind regards, The team at urban central.

I thought the facilities were highly unclean. Especially the bathrooms. The carpet had this gross feel to it. Like dirt was keeping the fibers together. My bed was literally held together by duct tape. The bedding that they used was actually really nice, but it was clearly not made for anyone over 5ft tall. The location wasn't the best, but I guess you get what you pay for. Even though the facilities are more pricey than they should be. The staff was very friendly and helpful however.

Thank you for your review, I have congratulated our staff for their fantastic effort. It is very unusual for us to receive negative hygiene comments. The cleanliness of our venue is a top priority. This will be discussed in our next department meeting to ensure we are keeping to our high standards. The duct tape was used temporarily to cover a potential hazard and should have been removed prior to check in. We apologise for this oversight. Thank you for staying with us. Kind regards

I have stayed at plenty of backpackers around the world, minus the staff it was the second best backpacker stay i have had. The staff were ok, however I have worked in the service industry for over 20 years and think they could have been happier to see new guests.

• 23rd Nov 2015

Thank you for your review and for regarding us so highly. Our staff are very welcoming to all guests and enjoy answering any questions they may have. Looking forward to welcoming your again. Kind regards, The team at Urban Central