Urban Central Reviews

334 City Road Southbank, Melbourne, Australia

Great hostel, excellent value for money. Staff were extremely helpful and offered lots of advice for the city and helping get set up for Aus. The free tea/coffee and rice and pasta was a treat.

• 17th Sep 2014

Very nice ambiance. Good people, staff & guest. I like the extras, like diners, etc.Felt homey. No free WiFi, but maybe it's good, people tend to interact more...I go to MacDonald across the street for WiFi..

• 15th Sep 2014

That was really a great hostel. The maximum number of beds per room is four, but I stayed there three nights and it was never more than 3 people in there , the first night I had the complete room or my own. Breakfast is included and offers cornflakes, weetbix (?) , different times of toast and jam as well as milk, tea, coffee and orange juice. The rooms, linen and bathrooms are all very clean and it's only a 15 min walk to the city centre. I fully recommend a stay there !

• 11th Sep 2014

Really good hostel, the location is not the best, you have to walk 15 minutes to the center or you have to take a tram/bus. But the hostel is really good!

• 11th Sep 2014

A really good hostel, has everything you could need, it does become a bit loud on the weekend for the parties in the bar ( depends if that's your thing or not) but one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

this is a good hostel, the facilities like the kitchen are good and as a backpacker you can get a special 10 dollar discount at the local gym which I loved. But I felt the atmosphere was poor, it's so big you can't really get talking to orher travellers and there are a lot of long terms. The wifi is incredibly expensive, go to MACCYS over the road or starbs. There is a really good community like the dinners prepared by Mary but it doesn't stretch beyond tht. Abit indifferent to this hostel

Thank you for your review, I am glad you liked the once of many discounts we can get our guests whilst they are visiting Melbourne! Yes Mary’s cooking is legendary! We have noted your comments in regards to Wi-Fi and looking into the possibility of providing it for free so watch this space!

Located near CBD. Quite noisy at the night. I would expect to have free wifi.

Thank you for your review, yes Urban Central is located in a great location in Melbourne! We do ask other guests to keep noise to a minimum, I’m sorry this was not the case when you stayed. Hope to see you again soon!

Good breakfest, nice friend, sleeo well, fell comfortabl. I'll recommend my friend to stay there :)

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Many thanks for your review, its great you felt comfortable and enjoyed our great breakfast! Happy travels and hope to see you again soon!

The hostel is located near city central is convenient to travel any part ofMelbourne. Its clean and heigenic,, staff is good and co-operative. Nice kitchen and bar. Dining section need improvement. Coomon bathrooms and good but need regular inspection and cleaning.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • India

Many thanks for your review, yes Urban Central is in a great location! I am glad you also enjoyed the other aspects of your stay! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Arrived early at seven o clock in the morning and check in time wasn't until two. The staff were hugely helpful in allowing me deposit my luggage in the storage room for the seven hours which was an enormous help. Full marks here. Room was very comfortable and kitchen spotless. Adjoining bar also helpful for meeting locals and socialising. If ever I was in Melbourne again wouldn't hesitate to stay here and would recommend anyone visiting Oz's finest city to do likewise. Top marks all round!

Great to hear you had an awesome stay with us and found our staff to be an enormous help. I'll pass on your full marks to them in our next staff meeting. We also think our rooms are comfortable and we pride ourselves in keeping the venue spotless. I'm glad you were able to meet some other guests in our bar during your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next time. Cheers!

Safe and well located. Poor atmosphere, hard to meet other travelers. Majority of people who stay here, live at the hostel as it is quite expensive to live in Melbourne. Look at other hostels for a better atmosphere!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm happy to hear you found our property safe and well located. Being a large venue we have introduced a regular 'Meet and Greet' night to assist our guests in meeting others, hope to see you again next time.

OK hostel, just poor location.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Great to hear you rated our security, cleanliness, facilities and value for money highly. Being on the south side of the city we are closest to the Crown Casino, Melbourne Exhibition Centre and Southbank. The tram at the front of the venue can take you to most other highlights of Melbourne including St.Kilda. Hope to see you again next time you're in Melbourne.

Satisfy with the service and facilities provided , recommend this hostel =)

Thank you for taking the time to give us an excellent review of your stay with us. Great to hear you enjoyed our venue and would recommend us to others. Looking forward to your return stay with us.

I arrived at urban central at 7am after travelling an 8hour bus journey, I politely asked if It would be possible to check in early but was told I couldn't. Staff we're very unhelpful I was hardly aknowleged in the 7 hours I was waiting, only to find out the room I was allocated, had more than one spare bed for the past two days previous!! The staff are very miserable and not very approachable! Very clicky, and strange atmosphere. Other than that very clean.

• 7th Jun 2014

Good hotel....

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time.

Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. Would stay again.

• 30th May 2014

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again soon.

The rooms need more power points. These days everybody has a mobile phone and quite possibly an iPad or similar, and these need to be able to be recharged, usually overnight. The doonas on the beds are a bit small for a person 6 foot tall. The bathrooms were ok but lacked warm water. The constant beeping noise every minute telling you you have x minutes of hot water left, is rather annoying. I was also very put off by the number of people smoking outside the hostel on the footpath.

• 23rd May 2014

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. We apologise that some aspects of your stay here did not meet you expectations. Every guest gets their own locker in the room which is equipped with a powerpoint inside. Additional powerpoints can be found in our study and dining area. We apologise if you were not informed of this or if this did not meet your needs. We have timers in the shower to restrict water usage. We hope to welcome you back soon again if you wish to visit us again.

Great hostel and great staff

Thanks for your positive review of your recent stay! Your feedback will be passed on to our friendly staff members. Hope to welcome you back soon again. Kind regards, Team at Urban Central

It was great!!!

Thanks for your feedback! We hope to see you back at Urban Central soon again. Happy Travels! Kind regards, Team at Urban Central

very central hostel with great staff!! got an upgrade with was amazing! can really recommed this place! the kitchen was clean and the rooms as well! had a good time

Thank you for your review! It is great to receive such positive feedback. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here. Our friendly staff hope to see you soon in the near future. Happy travels! Kind regards, Team at Urban Central