Urban Central Reviews

334 City Road Southbank, Melbourne, Australia

The hostel is so big and yet I found it hard to meet people. The bar was empty every night (they should really put the prices down) and loads of people already knew each other when I got there... The facilities are very nice; the free breakfast is not big and it's only 7.30-9.00 but the free pasta and rice and coffe and tea (24/7) are very nice and useful when you're travelling alone. It's like 15 mins away from these cool outlets; and you can walk pretty much every where from it!

Great hostel! Rooms spacious with big lockers and chargers inside which is always good. Staff were so helpful after I had messed up the booking and they rearranged our rooms for us. Walking distance from the city's best attractions! Would really reccomed this place.

Cheap but Warm. 9stars

Pretty boring, not a very social hostel I found,it'd be nice iifyou were looking for a quiet place, except the walls are pretty thin and you can hear generators from the nearby petrol station.

• 9th Jan 2015

A very good hostel. The only negatives are the bathrooms tend to be cleaned at inconvenient times at around 10am so you cant use them. I wasn't allowed my deposit back due to checking out late, but that was due to them cleaning the bathroom at inconvenient time.

My first room was really bad. The matrass was too old, there was no airconditioning, there was a really bad smell all the time and I was on the side of the highway which was very noisy. When I asked if I could move to another room, it was no problem. My new room was very good. The kitchen is always too busy, free breakfast is really good, showers are nice but unfortunately it has a 12 minute timer. Staff is really nice, location is good. Very hard to meet new people. Supermarkets very close.

The breakfast was good and if anything ran out, the staff refilled it. Plenty of activities every night for fun and it was easy finding friends of all ages and nationalities. As some commented, there are a lot of long termers there but it was easy to get to know them and the others. Lockers were big with plugs in them. You can actually fit in them (and yes, I've tried it!).

The hostel is clean and has whatever you need. You defiantly get value for the money, and probably more if you are looking for a party hostel. However, I found the staff really rude and and the atmosphere really superficial.

Staff are racist

for cleanless, I suggest to do not use fitted carpet

This is the worst hostel ever,most of the staff here are super racist,especially the bald guy with glasses.he was the worst.I checked out today,it's raining outside but they were not allowed me to stay inside the hostel,but my friend could,because they are white,and only me had been charged the deposit of 10$,but non of them had been charged.i think that's the reason why not much Asian staying here.so I thing that I wanna say is if u r Asian, don't stay here.and if u r white,then think about it.

The hostel was clean and the staff was great.

Really good hostel! Clean, spacious and very good value for money. Nice kitchen facilities, can't really hear noise from outside of your room and comfy beds. Major downfalls are that there's no free wifi and that there were a lot of long termers living there, so was quite hard to meet people. Overall though we had a really good experience and chose to go back there for another night before we flew out the next day.

• 10th Dec 2014

I had a very nice stay. Rooms were clean and bigenough. Everyone has a locker where they can charge their stuff in, very handy. I haven't used the kitchen facilities, but it looked fine. Toilets and showers were clean. Staff was very helpful. Good location, vlose to the city!

this hostel is awesome! got everything you need and more! couldnt be any better!

Great location, walking distance to a lot of places, including bus/train station.

Free breakfast! The location is close to the CBD, but right next to the highway, so if you have a room facing the highway be prepared for road noise all night. Overall, great place with friendly staff and good value.

Always enjoy our stay at Urban. There is a reason we keep coming back and it is because of the consistency and great value.

very good !! free food, good atmosphere and great people ! weel

It's stupid you have to pay for the wifi, but i noticed you have to pay for it at any hostel :/ Best thing about the hostel are the staff and cleanliness

• 12th Nov 2014