Urban Central Reviews

334 City Road Southbank, Melbourne, Australia

ok I think it's great that they hire number of hearing impaired people. However, here's the big issue. There is a hole on the side a wall. This makes the room extremely cold at night. I thought it was strange the noise from expressway is very loud because windows were closed. I figured it is the hole for the heater tube to go outside. They made this too big and sealed loosely. I have this terrible cold and couldn't stay longer. I had to move out even if I paid for more.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • South Korea

I was there for a lab exchange, the small dorm rooms was perfect. Fairly quiet hostel and most of the residents appeared to be there to work. Perfect for me as I needed to be allowed to sleep properly. Kitchen was also very clean (much better than some other hostels in Melbourne).

Average hostel especially in the double private rooms which are not value for money. Our room(s) faced an 11 lane motorway and one of them backed onto the lift shaft so it was very noisy. We requested to move rooms late at night as we couldn't sleep. The staff were helpful and moved us to a room a bit further down the hall. The rooms were cold, there are heaters but the big hole in the wall for the air-conditioning pipe doesn't help keep you warm. Couples I recommend paying the extra for a hotel

No free wifi

• 25th May 2015
  • Sweden

Great location for a great price! Would definitely stay here again. Most guests were at this hostel long term (3+ weeks). Great atmosphere in the common room in the afternoon, kitchen is decent, bathrooms are clean, dorms are a great size too. Lockers in the rooms are huge. Unfortunately there is no free wifi, but there is a maccas across the road with free wifi. Right next to a tram station and the Crowne - which was an easy landmark to find if you get lost easily/randomly hop on trams.

For how big this hostel is it's surprisingly good. The 24 hour reception is great as is the kitchen. The kitchen has been well thought out for so many people and the free tea/coffee/pasta & rice is a real winner. In walking distance to the free tram! The only downfalls are the quilts are a bit small and if you're a light sleeper this might not be for you with the bar downstairs.

Good condition, Nice facility, Perfect security, Wonderful Staff

• 16th May 2015
  • South Korea

I'm so pleased to hear you had a fantastic stay with us. We also think our staff are wonderful and I'm glad you enjoyed our facilities and fun atmosphere. Cleanliness and security are a high priority for us and I have passed on your kind comments to our team. I hope you also enjoyed our nightly BBQ in our bar with $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers. Hope to see you again next time you're in Melbourne.

Not having wifi makes travelling arrangements very difficult, you can pay but it would really improve the hostel to havd free wifi

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you rated us highly in location, security, cleanliness and value for money. We work hard to keep our prices where they are in comparison to other venues and make cleanliness a top priority. Our wifi and internet cafe is with 'Global Gossip', any credit purchased with us can be used at all of the other 'Global Gossip' points around Australia, likewise if you have credit from another venue. Thank you again for your feedback.

Amazing hostel!!! :)

Clean hostel with lots of freebies including breakfast and bread/pasta/rice. The kitchen was large and there always seemed to be staff cleaning it (which is nice since a lot of hostel kitchens get really gross throughout the day). Make sure to get a room with a window! Our biggest criticism is that despite the high rates you still had to buy wi-fi. But we would recommend staying here.

Nice and cheap hostel, if they had free wifi, I'd say perfect! Nice breakfast, rooms and staff!

I'm glad to hear you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our rooms, friendly staff and free breakfast. We also offer free rice, pasta, tea and coffee in the kitchen and have a night BBQ in our bar. Our $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers are a bargain. Our wifi and internet cafe is with 'Global Gossip', any credit purchased with us can be used at all of the other 'Global Gossip' points around Australia, likewise if you have credit from another venue. Thank you for your feedback.

Great!👍🏻👍🏻 Very good hostel. Clean and friendly and safe.

Couple - We stayed at Urban Central for two nights. The room was clean on arrival and lots of room space in our four bed dorm we shared with two other people. Good free breakfast, location was ok, cheap hot dogs or burgers on one night of our stay and offered free hot choc! Friendly helpful staff. I would recommend this hostel but not much opportunity to meet new friends as its not quite as cosy as other hostels we've stayed at. But quite enough to get a good nights sleep!!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We also think we have a great location, just a short stroll to the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Yarra River and CBD. St Kilda is also a quick tram ride away. I'm glad that you found our dorm rooms clean and spacious and our staff friendly and helpful. Our nightly BBQ in the bar with $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers add to the atmosphere. We also have four other common areas on our other floors for our guests wanting to meet others.

Such a great hostel! Very cleaning and comfortable, I've been just for one night but if I will come back in Melbourne Urban central will be again my choise! Thank's ;)

• 9th May 2015

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you had such a great time and will return to stay with us again. Our friendly and helpful staff work very hard to ensure our venue stays clean and safe for all of our guests. We also have a nightly BBQ serving $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers in our bar for those not wanting to cook. Free rice and pasta is still available. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Great hostel!!!

Thank you for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and we do our utmost to ensure That all areas are clean and tidy. Our staff are always available to assist with your every whim. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. Kind regards, The team at urban central

I liked the kitchen, especially that they sterilised all the dishes was very lovely. The rooms where clean. Bathrooms average. The only thing was the vibe. There was no nice social vibe going on. There was not a nice chill out area where you could meet other people. Only the café besided it, but then you need to buy drinks I guess. I also thought there were more older people people, and even people with children running around at ten, what I thought was a bit strange.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We have just started our nightly BBQ's in the bar serving $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers as well as different nightly events encouraging our guests to mingle with each other. We have 2xtv areas, a library and study zone in the building, as well as a floor dedicated entirely to private ensuited rooms for familys, couples and groups wishing to spend time in Melbourne. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Stayed here with my wife for several nights. The room is comfortable however the kitchen could get a bit overcrowded at times. The staffs are helpful and the location is superb! 24hours McD is just few steps from the hostel door! Will definitely stay here again if we are in Melbourne.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Malaysia

Great place to stay on a budget!

• 30th Apr 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our great weekly rate including free breakfast, rice, pasta, tea and coffee make it a great deal. We have also just started a nightly BBQ in our bar offering $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers. Hope to see you again next time.

Great place to stay and meet people, the hostel and the bar really cater for travellers who would like to get involved and have fun with other travellers. The kitchen may be a little bit too small for the amount of people that stay there but the staff make sure it is kept exceptionally clean.

Great facilities, large dorm rooms with few people and great big lockers. I found that due to it being such a big hostel people are less likely to just strike up a conversation than in other places but I was lucky to have a friendly dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5