Urban Central Reviews

334 City Road Southbank, Melbourne, Australia

Great Hostel and not too far from the centre! Very clean and a great breakfast plus a free water bottle when you arrive!

We loved the bar and its new management!

Very clean, cheap, definately return next year. Breaky is a good gesture

• 13th Oct 2014

A very clean hostel in a great location and great value for money. The free breakfast was lovely too. Staff were hit and miss - some seemed friendly and helpful whilst others came across as rude. As there was no large communal area a lot of people seemed to stay with the people they already knew. We had one issue with security where it seemed a large group of gentleman were let in the hostel who were walking round with drinks in there hands just wandering around aimlessly. Overall I'd recommend.

The staff were by far the stand-out. Very friendly. Appreciated the automatic inclusion of a towel!

• 10th Oct 2014

Its a nice hostel, could come back if i am in Melbourne.. They only bad thing is that I had to check because the weekend was fullybooked

• 9th Oct 2014

Urban Central was very nice. I didn't spend much time at the hostel, but it was a good place to stay. It was clean and the free breakfast and other foods are a good deal.

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

The WiFi is most exspensive

• 30th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review, we have now got hourly, daily and weekly rates for wifi so provides better value for money.

Cheaper than some hostels, location, cleanliness, comfort, staff were all excellent. You can't bring in your own drink and sit around a table and meet people you need to buy pints from their bar... bring your card it's not cheap!

Just another sleeping silo with strict rules and little atmosphere. Check in at 2pm and check out at 10am doesnt even alow for a 24hr stay. If you rise at 9am you will most likely miss your free breakfast. Staff seems busy enforcing their rules, fair enough given their party hungry clientele. Lockers dont have locks, baggage storage is available but with little security. However, everything seemed perfectly clean and tidy. Showers were restricted and luke warm only. Walking distance to CBD.

Great hostel, excellent value for money. Staff were extremely helpful and offered lots of advice for the city and helping get set up for Aus. The free tea/coffee and rice and pasta was a treat.

• 17th Sep 2014

Many thanks for your review; I’m glad you found the hostel a great place to stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Very nice ambiance. Good people, staff & guest. I like the extras, like diners, etc.Felt homey. No free WiFi, but maybe it's good, people tend to interact more...I go to MacDonald across the street for WiFi..

It was lovely having our own ensuites as promised and took awhile to work out the timer on shower, but all good and when we turned up with one more that booked it was no issue. Thank u to all staff we met, had a lovely time.

That was really a great hostel. The maximum number of beds per room is four, but I stayed there three nights and it was never more than 3 people in there , the first night I had the complete room or my own. Breakfast is included and offers cornflakes, weetbix (?) , different times of toast and jam as well as milk, tea, coffee and orange juice. The rooms, linen and bathrooms are all very clean and it's only a 15 min walk to the city centre. I fully recommend a stay there !

• 11th Sep 2014

Really good hostel, the location is not the best, you have to walk 15 minutes to the center or you have to take a tram/bus. But the hostel is really good!

A really good hostel, has everything you could need, it does become a bit loud on the weekend for the parties in the bar ( depends if that's your thing or not) but one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Thanks for the great review!!!! Hope to see you again soon!!

this is a good hostel, the facilities like the kitchen are good and as a backpacker you can get a special 10 dollar discount at the local gym which I loved. But I felt the atmosphere was poor, it's so big you can't really get talking to orher travellers and there are a lot of long terms. The wifi is incredibly expensive, go to MACCYS over the road or starbs. There is a really good community like the dinners prepared by Mary but it doesn't stretch beyond tht. Abit indifferent to this hostel

Thank you for your review, I am glad you liked the once of many discounts we can get our guests whilst they are visiting Melbourne! Yes Mary’s cooking is legendary! We have noted your comments in regards to Wi-Fi and looking into the possibility of providing it for free so watch this space!

Located near CBD. Quite noisy at the night. I would expect to have free wifi.

Thank you for your review, yes Urban Central is located in a great location in Melbourne! We do ask other guests to keep noise to a minimum, I’m sorry this was not the case when you stayed. Hope to see you again soon!

Good breakfest, nice friend, sleeo well, fell comfortabl. I'll recommend my friend to stay there :)

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Many thanks for your review, its great you felt comfortable and enjoyed our great breakfast! Happy travels and hope to see you again soon!

The hostel is located near city central is convenient to travel any part ofMelbourne. Its clean and heigenic,, staff is good and co-operative. Nice kitchen and bar. Dining section need improvement. Coomon bathrooms and good but need regular inspection and cleaning.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • India

Many thanks for your review, yes Urban Central is in a great location! I am glad you also enjoyed the other aspects of your stay! We look forward to seeing you soon!