Urban Central Reviews

334 City Road Southbank, Melbourne, Australia

For how big this hostel is it's surprisingly good. The 24 hour reception is great as is the kitchen. The kitchen has been well thought out for so many people and the free tea/coffee/pasta & rice is a real winner. In walking distance to the free tram! The only downfalls are the quilts are a bit small and if you're a light sleeper this might not be for you with the bar downstairs.

Good condition, Nice facility, Perfect security, Wonderful Staff

• 16th May 2015
  • South Korea

Not having wifi makes travelling arrangements very difficult, you can pay but it would really improve the hostel to havd free wifi

• 14th May 2015

Nice and cheap hostel, if they had free wifi, I'd say perfect! Nice breakfast, rooms and staff!

Couple - We stayed at Urban Central for two nights. The room was clean on arrival and lots of room space in our four bed dorm we shared with two other people. Good free breakfast, location was ok, cheap hot dogs or burgers on one night of our stay and offered free hot choc! Friendly helpful staff. I would recommend this hostel but not much opportunity to meet new friends as its not quite as cosy as other hostels we've stayed at. But quite enough to get a good nights sleep!!

Such a great hostel! Very cleaning and comfortable, I've been just for one night but if I will come back in Melbourne Urban central will be again my choise! Thank's ;)

• 9th May 2015

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you had such a great time and will return to stay with us again. Our friendly and helpful staff work very hard to ensure our venue stays clean and safe for all of our guests. We also have a nightly BBQ serving $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers in our bar for those not wanting to cook. Free rice and pasta is still available. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Great hostel!!!

I liked the kitchen, especially that they sterilised all the dishes was very lovely. The rooms where clean. Bathrooms average. The only thing was the vibe. There was no nice social vibe going on. There was not a nice chill out area where you could meet other people. Only the café besided it, but then you need to buy drinks I guess. I also thought there were more older people people, and even people with children running around at ten, what I thought was a bit strange.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We have just started our nightly BBQ's in the bar serving $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers as well as different nightly events encouraging our guests to mingle with each other. We have 2xtv areas, a library and study zone in the building, as well as a floor dedicated entirely to private ensuited rooms for familys, couples and groups wishing to spend time in Melbourne. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Great place to stay on a budget!

• 30th Apr 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our great weekly rate including free breakfast, rice, pasta, tea and coffee make it a great deal. We have also just started a nightly BBQ in our bar offering $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers. Hope to see you again next time.

Great place to stay and meet people, the hostel and the bar really cater for travellers who would like to get involved and have fun with other travellers. The kitchen may be a little bit too small for the amount of people that stay there but the staff make sure it is kept exceptionally clean.

Great facilities, large dorm rooms with few people and great big lockers. I found that due to it being such a big hostel people are less likely to just strike up a conversation than in other places but I was lucky to have a friendly dorm.

Beds are comfy and the hostel is pretty clean and. I just didn't really like the atmosphere as it's a pretty huge hostel with lots of people and not so easy to make friends. But except from this everything was excellent!

The room was really cold at night, but that's the only thing that was bad. Excellent hostel, would definitely come back.

Great to hear you had an excellent stay with us. It is getting cold with winter just around the corner. Our rooms are individually heated and all linen is supplied. We look forward to your next stay with us.

this hostel is wonderful. i like it. although in south bank but still in walking distance. Greate environment, nice staff and good value

I also think we have a great location here in Southbank, Melbourne. It's just a short stroll away to the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, the Yarra River and the edge of the CBD. A tram from our front door will take you directly to St Kilda. Our friendly and hepful staff work very hard to ensure everyone has an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Nice hostel...the rooms and all the communal areas were really cleaned. The breakfast in the morning is good value for money.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Our free breakfast is a great way to start the day, including cereal, bread, spreads, juice, tea, coffee and sometimes rolls as well. We also offer free rice and pasta and have just started our nightly BBQ in the bar offering $1 hotdogs and $2 burgers, perfect for those wanting to meet others in the hostel. I'll pass on your great comments about the cleanliness to our housekeeping team in our next staff meeting. Thank you.

Over all nice place, clean rooms and bathrooms , free rice and pasta and free breakfast good, though a little far from the CBD and charges for wifi

Never written a review for a hostel but felt the need to for this one. Hostel was great. Friendly staff, very clean, good location, all the typical positive reviews that I've read about. My girlfriend is quite fussy when it comes to hostels but even she really enjoyed it. Only thing I will criticise is that the quilts (doonas) aren't long enough, your feet hang out the bottom. Other than that, thank you very much urban central. :D

• 20th Apr 2015

Nice hostel, I extended my stay here. Lockers in rooms but with plug socket inside. Free breakfast and dining area big enough to fit lots of people. I organised my whole trip using the travel agent within the hostel - if you do this just make sure you get all the details for the tours you do. Overall pleasant stay

Very nice place.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Estonia

The place was alright - cheap, but not that cheerful, if I'm being honest. I think some people stay there for quite a while - like one of my room mates who was a messy, and not so clean person. I've stayed in way better hostels and would avoid this one in the future...

• 19th Apr 2015