Urban Central Reviews

334 City Road Southbank, Melbourne, Australia

The hostel was a very nice hostel, with some nice people in it. It seamed to have to have a bit of an older crowd though with people who were not just backpackers

• 11th Apr 2015

Our room was constantly cold and the heater didn't work. The noise from the traffic was distracting to sleep next to as our window overlooked the freeway, I thought they were double glazed glass windows? Both made for sleepless nights. Everything else was well done.

• 9th Apr 2015

Came back to stay here again. Lovely hostel. Even got a free water bottle this time. Dave in the bar is a legend, free shots! Even if they were a bit to cherrery! Haha! Thanks guys, highly recommend!

Everything was really clean. Some rooms haven't got windows. I hated waking up in such a dark room at 9am. Free towels and breakfast is ok. Kitchen is too small. The atmosphere wasn't really good. I wouldn't stay here again.

Nice Hostel, very clean and easy to meet new people. Staff is helpfull, I would definitely reccommend it. Only thing which i dont like is that you have to pay for wifi.

• 6th Apr 2015

Great location. Good if you just need a bed. 10 min walk to town and lockers in room. Would definately stay again

I was really impressed with this hostel. Nice, big clean and open rooms. Comfortable beds. Clean powerful hot showers. Good breakfast and juice, I made use of the free pasta too, making lunches. Only stayed a night after landing in Melbourne, however I have another night coming up before heading to Sydney and I've re booked with Urban Central. Thanks guys!

Nice Hostel to stay in Melbourne. You reach the city centre and the free tram zone with about 10-15 minutes walk. The Hostel has nice facilities and a great breakfast. The Staff is very kind and helpfull. The rooms are very nice (almost big for only 4 people). There is a travelagency inside and a cool bar with a lot of specials.

Clean, sterile and dull environment. Ideal for backpackers who should not be backpacking

Thank you for having us was anice and convenient place to stay with friendly people all round :)

• 28th Mar 2015

Hostel location is very good for those visitors who prefer to see all attractions in Melbourne by walk..

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Pakistan

I liked the place. Excellent kitchen facilities. Complementary breakfast was very good. Kitchen staff kept on cleaning the kitchen. Bar is attached with kitchen. All night fun. Great stay.

Staff did a good job but the other residents werent always the nicest.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is a very well managed and clean hostel, with very friendly and helpful staff, only 5/10 mins tram ride into the city central. BUT there is a large bar on the ground floor which plays VERY loud music until 2 a.m. You will need ear plugs if your room is close. I just wish they would moderate the music after (say ) midnight. Apart from this I would definately recommend this hostel. stewart

First room we got was smelly and it didnt help there was a smoking area just next to our window. Second room was ok. The place didnt have any soul, it was kind of boring. One of the staff-member was absolutely rude all the time. Person like that shouldnt work behind the reception desk and serve customers. Rest of the staff were kind and helpful. Location was ok. Overall ok place.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay. Great work everyone.

• 20th Mar 2015

During my stay, I locked away my valuables in the provided locker but left my bag of clothes unsecured. My roommate decided to go shopping, taking over $120 in clothing. The staff advised me to file a police report and did allow a room change. But, even though she was checked in for another few days, no one confronted her or checked her locker for my possessions. I was told they would "investigate," but that was clearly to appease a flustered guest. Very disappointing.

Overall the property is fine. The trams are right outside which is really convenient. Bathrooms are clean most of the time, rooms are clean. Beds could be better, you can feel the springs but I've slept in worse. My only real complaint is that the wifi is not free, it's absurd.

Great place, only about 15 min walk to city center, close to the casino, bar downstairs is nice. friendly staff too, would stay here again.

This hostel is very much what you would expect for somewhere on a budget. Although when I was here it was $60 a night because of the f1 and I can easily say you can get somewhere a lot better for that price. Kitchen was way too small and cramped. Bed were the worst I've stayed in. Springs from the bed dig in to you so it's basically impossible to get comfy, also the pillow was basically like sleeping on a piece of paper it was so thin. I wouldnt chose to stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4