Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

STAY HERE! Such an amazing hostel, it's only a year old but so good! The kitchen is huge with great facilities. The common area is filled with comfy couches and a tv filled with movies. The staff are so friendly and always there to help you out. Bathrooms are new and very clean. The best part is the beds!! Our dorm bed was almost a queen size bunk bed! SO GOOD

Overall solid hostel. Little bit lacking in the atmosphere department but that's mostly due to the people you stay with

I really enjoyed my stay in the Urban Garden Hostel in Lisbon :) The moment I entered the door i felt at home. The hole staff was super friendly and always available. Definitly I'll come back when staying in Lisbon again.

The biggest issue with this hostel is the poor quality of its lockers. In the room that I was in, 3 out of 4 lockers were broken. It's a safe place but as a traveler you want peace of mind when it comes to the security of your belongings. Fixing this would be inexpensive and solve one of the only issues with this hostel. Other than that, great hostel! I'll stay again if they fix the lockers.

No real locker and only 2 showers and 2 toilets for roughly 30persons

• 9th Aug 2015

Best hostel! Staff are awesome, delicious family dinners, pancakes for breakfast, nice bathrooms and always lots of great people to hang out with

a bit far from everything so pls take the metro if you're walking uphills, I walked though for 45min to the seashore. staff here are helpful except for the part that they are the only one hanging out in the common room. weird for them to run across the corridor to get the door instead of any system. but the design and everything in the room are awesome, it feels like an urban garden. bathroom are always occupied since there's only 4 for all and 2 2 for each sexes. guest here not sociable though

It's a regular hostel, a lot of facilities but the staff takes two days to broken the lock that was left by other one on my locker. When you have three days on the city it's a lot. Also I don't really like the atmosphere.

I had a great time in Lisbon and it was largely do to my stay at UrbanGarden Hostel. From the minute I got there I felt so welcomed which is especially nice when traveling solo. They have a good vibe, fun and relaxed. The staff is very friendly and everyone is super helpful, all of the recommendations and directions were spot on. The walking tour with Kate really rounded out the trip and it was one of the best yours I've been on. I only wish I'd had more time.

• 1st Aug 2015

Really fun hostel, staff are super friendly. The breakfast and dinner are awesome, especially Friday night! And the walking tour with Kate is the best!

Best hostel I've stayed at so far! Amazing staff, great atmosphere, really good family style dinners and breakfasts, fantastic walking tour!

The only bad thing - wifi wasn't working inside our bedroom. Bathrooms are beautiful, we liked the welcome-beer, the great pancake-breakfast and the nice terrace :)

Awesome and helpful staff! Nice and clean bathrooms.

Very social without being a party hostel which is perfect for me! The staff are the nicest and most helpful staff I've ever come across and the beds are huge!!! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, plus there are free pancakes for breakfast!

Party hostel

Pretty swell, free weed... Mad staff, delishious cous cous! Loved the cooking :)

• 22nd Jul 2015

Thanks for the nice review, Free weed? We have no idea how you managed that. Glad yu enjoyed our family dinners.

Awesome hostel with awesome staff, came back after a week to stay there again! and there will definitely be a third time

The staff is nice and helpful. Nice double beds. The power goes off every now and then an switches off the water heater. When I arrived there, no hot water to take a shower. My room was hot during the nights and the air con doesn't work. Only one fan for 8 people. We opened the windows and the Mosquitos came in and the noise was way too loud. The location is good in general terms but 25 min walk to the bar zone (where you want to be). I decided to stay in the most of my nights.

Thank you for your kind remarks about our staff and beds, we apologize that the water heater was off when you arrived, typically you can burn yourself with our water. Lisbon is very comfortable in the evening and our 8 bed dorms are cool in the evening, with the windows open. Mosquitoes are stealthy little critters and can find an open window pretty easily, you must not be eating enough garlic, ha. We are located in the center of Lisbon and are about a 10-15 min walk from the bar zone.

Between 9-1130am all bathrooms are in use, and the wait is made even longer since the staff have decided this is the perfect time to clean them. There are no toilets that are separate from showers, so during this time just really hope you don't need to pee! Nice chilled out hostel and fantastic pancake breakfasts!

this is very much a hippie hostel. If you're not into drugs or hardcore partying, I would not recommend it. Lots of overnight visitors (if ya know what I mean), and people did not come back to room until 5am on average. Very loud. That being said, the staff was very friendly....

• 17th Jul 2015

Thanks for the kind words about our staff. The summer months in Lisbon tend to attract a more lively crowd of guests and our 24 hour reception allows guests to come and go as they please. Sorry guests had sex in your room, some people just have no shame. Urban Garden Hostel is not a hippie or a party hostel. At times we have guests that take it upon themselves to do things that we frown upon as a hostel. Drugs are strictly forbidden at our hostel. UNFORTUNATELY, not everyone follows rules

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7