Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

Amazing overall. But seriously lacking in bathroom facilities

Excellent atmosphere, one of the most social hostels ever stayed in. Could do with some extra tweaks to the rooms like more sockets, reading lights but we coped no problem. They've only been going a few months. Exceptional hosts!

If you like to party this is the place! very helpful staff!!!

The hostel has a boozy community feel to it. The bathrooms were quite poor, very little privacy and not much space. The hostel didn't feel very inclusive of the city it was based. Good if you want to party every night.

This is a party hostel. If you're not a partier you can still avoid this though. Great atmosphere. The lockers don't always shut properly. Overall great stay! I recommend the free walking your by Kate

• 2nd Sep 2014

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. Free pancakes for breakfast and double beds, loved the 5 euro family dinners every night. The hostel itself is very clean with good facilities, but it was the staff that really made this place stand out- everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere, resulting in almost the entire hostel hanging out together.

Guys I had a fantastic time there, it was really great to meet you all and hang out with you guys. Will you are doing a great job with this hostel, keep doing your thing!

• 26th Aug 2014

I liked my stay at urban garden! It's a great place to meet people and the staff were really friendly. Double beds in all the dorms, and pancakes for breakfast! The bathrooms suck though, basically no privacy, they really need an upgrade.

Fantastic hostel I would highly recommend

This is an incredible hostel, full marks across the board, but an extra special tip of the hat to the staff, who were some of the nicest hostel-working folk I've ever met. Cheers guys! x

Such a fantastic hostel! The staff all go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome- pancake breakfast and family dinners are a must. Would definitely recommend.

I honestly can't fault this place. I've traveled for 8 weeks and this is by far the BEST hostel I have stayed in! I was so sad to leave. The atmosphere here is amazing - as soon as you walk in the door the staff make you feel at home. The free pancakes for breakfast are such a bonus. It's so cool just to chill in the lounge or outside, and the staff always join. This was the most social hostel I have been to. I want to go back!!

I'd never seen an actual game of beer pong in real life until the staff played it before a night out. It's a really great place to stay if you want to socialise and experience Lisbon's night life. The directions on the site are more complicated than they had to be. The staff who were all really friendly. The breakfast was great and set us up for the day of walking Lisbon's hills. 1 or 2 finishing touches would make this place epic.

Cool place with awesome personnel that makes u feel at home. If I go to Lisbon again this is where I'm gonna stay!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

By far the best hostel I've stayed in! Everything was fantastic, the beds are huge, the location is great, the staff are amazing, the whole hostel is cleaned thoroughly and daily. The €5 dinners (with a free beer!) are delicious and are a great opportunity to meet other people in the hostel. Wifi, computer and tv facilities (with 1000 movies to choose from!) are all fantastic! Pub crawl and free walking tour are also a must. Thanks for a great time urban garden!!!!

Will and the team are awesome and make sure everyone feels at home and has a good time. Just a great atmosphere.

We arrived at the hostel greeted by with complementary check-in beers with the warmest of welcomes! In the evening we played a round of flip cup, and had a BBQ outside then got taken out on the town... Free shots bought by the hostel too. We stayed in another hostel in Lisbon as we only booked a couple of nights at urban which was NOTHING in comparison. An all round banger. Sarah, Louisa and Camie x

• 9th Aug 2014

King size bunks, very confortable! Great hostel, great environment, the Staff was really nice too! It's really close to the centre and only a few minutes from the subway station. The room was a bit warm but nothing exaggerated. I'll repeat, for sure!

Double bunkbeds, pancakes for breakfast, lovely staff, do I need to say more? I had a great stay at Urban Garden, and I would reccommend it to anyone who is looking for a homy, relaxed and fun hostel. You can have a quiet night or go out on a pub crawl with the staff, hang out on the little terrace and meet other travellers. The staff is really friendly and outgoing, always in for a chat of a game of beerpong. Recommended!

Everything was just amazing