Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

I am not sure why this hostel has such good ratings. It was the weirdest hostel we have stayed at on our trip so far. You jus ring the doorbell and any random person from inside the hostel will let you in- hardly any security or accountability on who comes and goes. The whole place was full of innuendos and crude references and just sort of creepy. I would not recommend.... But on the positive side - the beds were full sized which was nice and it's in a nice location!

We have good ratings because we are a good hostel. I can't even respond to what is WEIRD about our hostel because I honestly couldn't even say. Free breakfast, free family dinner, home-like feel, doesn't seem so WEIRD to me. When you ring the door bell, our staff answers the door, and we have several different staff members. We will be better at making sure our guests meet them all. Innuendos are funny and they are meant to be funny, sorry you took them so seriously.

This was one of the best hostels I have been to on my travels. Fantastic atmosphere, clean and friendly staff! Will definitely be back here if I come back to Lisbon.

• 18th May 2015

Great place!! The staff is amazing and the vibe very relaxed and cool. The only problem is the lack of functioning lockers, most of them are broken.

We really enjoyed our stay! The atmosphere & staff were wonderful, & you can't beat the value for money (free morning pancakes & family dinners? Yes please!). The location is in a very safe part of the city, close to Barrio Alto, but 20-30min walk from the shore & most tourist attractions. The hostel is very close to the metro, but we enjoyed the walk every day! The beds were big but uncomfortable, & the personal lockers were weak/broken, but staff offered to guard valuables behind the desk.

A nice place to sleep, relax, party and eat in Lisbon, recommended

• 7th May 2015
  • Portugal

Friendly Staffs. I'm very grateful your kindness!

Party hostel!! Unfortunately this is not for me. I didn't know that. No lockers in my room. But staffs are quite nice.

Urban Garden is not a party hostel. At Urban Garden Hostel, we let loose a little on weekends, but hey, who doesn't! We pride ourselves on being a hostel that has something for everyone! We do weekly cooking classes, wine & cheese nights, family dinners, and BBQ's. This 49% review is laughable, anyone who travels knows that 49% reviews should be reserved for crack houses and crumbling buildings, we are neither. Thank you and come again or don't

I love staying at Urban Garden Hostel! The place was great, the staff was very friendly and we met some awesome other people staying there as well! I'll definitely be back if I ever go back to Lisbon!

• 30th Apr 2015

I had a great stay at this hostel! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts and dinners were great! I travelled alone and had no problem meeting people.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed. I went by myself and left with great memories and many friends! Be sure to do the walking our with kate, she's great.

• 30th Apr 2015

Good location, double beds for everyone, a free beer when you check in, very nice staff ánd free family dinners + pancakes for breakfast, I wish I could've stayed for longer!

All in all the stay was positive. But the staff, while friendly, wasn't well informed about lots of logistical things, for example: getting to the airport early in the morning when public transport isn't available. A sign in posted on the main bulletin board said a cab would cost 6e, staff members said 10, but when I got to the airport the meter read 21.60. The queensized beds are a nice idea, but the mattresses were uncomfortable and the size of the beds limited space in an already small room.

The staff and the atmosphere were the best part of the hostel. They cook pancakes every morning for breakfast and they oftentimes do a free dinner or put on something cool for the guests like 1 euro beers or all you can drink dinner. Double beds are also a plus too. Only downside is that their security could be better (fix lockers so that they actually lock) but otherwise I enjoyed my stay a lot.

Urban Garden was definitely the best hostel I've stayed in so far! The atmosphere is great, all the staff is really friendly, bathrooms are clean and the bed is so comfortable (really!!!). The only bad thing is that you must ring and wait for someone to open the door everytime you arrive at the hostel, but it's not that bad since I've never waited longer than 2 minutes, even if it was in the middle of the night. Awesome value for money. Would totally recomend it to all of my friends.

Great place

Fantastic place to stay! The staff are friendly and helpful. Claudia and Rob were especially helpful! Special shout out to the "hangout tour" with Kate - one of the best things you can do in Portugal! PANCAKES. Would stay again!

Urban Garden is something very special. Among the many great hostels of Lisbon, not one can replicate the warm and welcoming atmosphere that these guys have created. After staying only four nights, I felt like a part of the family - so much so that soon after I left, I had to come back to Lisbon for another go! You guys made my stay in Lisbon amazing, and I love each and every one of you!! Also... free pancake breakfast, damn good family dinners and drinking games to boot :) love, Mika xoxox

If only I didn't lose my power bank...it mysteriously disappeared from my bed :-( Anyway, the staff were excellent- all of them! They were super helpful and we even went partying together :) The atmosphere, location, cleanliness - all great! Each room has a key card so feels very secure. Unfortunately, the locker was broken so couldn't lock my stuff and the lights in the ladies' toilet next to 'sthg' morning rm went unfixed for the entire duration of my stay. But overall, I highly recommend it!

Great hostel, welcoming staff, wish I could have stayed longer! Beds are big and location makes it easy to explore Lisbon.

The best hostel I have been at! They are very cool and helpful. Never a dull moment and the hospitality is above and beyond! The beds are also Queens so yeahhh buddyyy.

• 9th Apr 2015