Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

If you're a vegetarian there is no 5€ comune meal that you can eat. There was no wifi in my dorm... Other than that very good hostel with nice decoration. The night watch is chill to hangout with.

We intended to only stay one night here, but quickly changed our stay to two when we realized how comfortable and inviting this place was. The free pancake breakfast, huge beds, friendly atmosphere, and Friday night party made our stay in Lisbon an unforgettable one. Much thanks for the good time! -Hannah and Bella

Information about Dinner was a bit off. Were told Dinner was about 6 pm, actually was at 9 pm. Everything else was super awesome ! Was pretty hard to find the Hostel but after that it was great. Great Staff all over the place.

This hostel feels almost like a hotel, very good atmosphere, and if you want to relax, away from the parties, you can. Facilities are very clean, and the theater is a plus. Also the breakfast girls are very helpful and friendly, had a great time

15 minute walk to the center. Kitchen is occupied by staff cooking communal dinner every night, so if you want to cook your dinner your self, you will have to wait.

Urban garden hostel was an all around good time. I met some really cool people, stayed in a comfortable queen sized bed, ate delicious food, and loved the atmosphere in general. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to explore Lisbon!

Location: not that close to the pub area, 2 metro stations away. Can walk but may get tired. cleanliness: didn't clean up bed below me after the guy left value for money: they want u to pay upfront for your stay of 4 nights. not ideal as some hostels don't require this. facilities: their laundry facilities are overloaded, thus can take days for laundry to get done. Only 1 plug in the room to charge phone. But Wi-fi seemed very good. Good breakfast. Staff & atmosphere: 100%

Only stayed here for a night as we were flying out of Lisbon in the morning. We spent 4 nights in Lisbon the week before and I definitely wish we'd stayed at Urban Garden instead of where we stayed then. Great atmosphere, clean, secure, really nice facilities. Employees were great.

We loved our stay here! Great atmosphere for relaxing and meeting people, great kitchen, very clean and cool common areas. The €5 dinners were awesome too. The fantastic staff really make the place, they were all friendly and knowledgable- Will (the manager) was very generous when I lost my passport. Highly recommended!

Great hostel. Beds are super big and comfy. They have tv with a hard drive with like 100 movies. Breakfast is homemade hot cakes with tea and coffee.. nice and different treat. Staff really good. Only problem was wifi had tons of problems. The owner is so kind, he always gives one beer in the check in. They made nice home made dinners for 5 euros and are really good. Will stay here again? DEFINITELY.

The staff is pretty awesome. They do a lot to make your stay comfortable and to help visitors get to know eachother. Great common room and kitchen area. I really enjoyed my stay here!

This is one of my favorite hostels, thank you to all the amazing staff and the queen size beds for making my Lisbon experience pretty perfect !

Had a great stay, the staff were super friendly. Hostel was very clean. Great kitchen facilities. Beds were huge. Would love to go back and would definitely recommend.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Great staff and nice atmosphere! 100%!!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

I had a great stay at the hostel urban garden. The staff is very welcoming and efficient. It made ​​us feel at home, I spent several very nice and funny evening. I highly recommend this place!

• 1st Jul 2014

Great atmosphere that makes it very easy to meet other travelers. Awesome family dinners every night for €5. Staff are really cool and helpful. Overall I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Lisbon.

• 1st Jul 2014

Our stay in Lisbon was nice and I'm pretty sure the hostel has something to do with that. First of all, the place was fine, comfortable rooms which were cleaned every morning. In the meantime you get delicious pancakes cooked and served by the staff! Secondly, and this is the most important part, I will be full of praise for the staff. Cause they defo made our stay so enjoyable. Always trying to gather ppl all together around a nice game or a chat... Thanks for that guys you were amazing!

• 30th Jun 2014

Wauw, you feel right at home. The staff is so friendly. I am a woman traveling alone, and i felt very safe. Free pancakes & just €5,- for family dinner ( incl. a drink ). I would go back there. Very short walk to the city center, subway nearby and enough bathrooms.

Top notch hostel. Cool location (you walk across a rooftop catwalk to get inside) that is very close to the metro. Also close to the terminus for the local tour buses as well which was nice. Great staff that actually come out at night with the guests to show them the city and the cool bars to visit. Managers are knowledgeable about the city and if they didn't know the answer, they found it for me. Rooms were clean and the queen size bunk beds were awesome. Also cool common room with cheap beer!

Really liked the decor, the grass and wood elements add a modern fresh take in the building. Would stay here again and would recommend to others.