Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

Good atmosphere and facilities, but lack of maintainance. Great staff and location

I loved this place. You can party here but also chill in the living room and watch movie after movie. The staff is amazing and the pancakes delicous. Def recommend this place. It feels like a home.

Loved the pancake breakfast and the huge beds. Not many showers available for the amount of people at the hostel but other facilities were great. Good atmosphere and very spacious common room area. Had a great stay!

Front door security & keycard access to the room but there wasn't anywhere to look away valuables. Location was excellent - right in the centre & just a short walk to Rossio & the main attractions. The staff were friendly & helpful, free beer on arrival is awesome! Beds are amazing! Double bed bunks! Pancake breakfast was new & original too, though I think I would get sick of pancakes after a couple of mornings. Bathrooms always seemed dirty, & there isn't much privacy when you are showering.

Amazing overall. But seriously lacking in bathroom facilities

An excellent hostel with great staff. Was so happy with it I stayed there a week. Internet worked extremely well - consistently got around 30MPBS. Toilets and showers aren't anything special, but this is something I was told they are soon to address. Pancake breakfast every morning was surprisingly good, even though they often ran out of condiments.

Excellent atmosphere, one of the most social hostels ever stayed in. Could do with some extra tweaks to the rooms like more sockets, reading lights but we coped no problem. They've only been going a few months. Exceptional hosts!

If you like to party this is the place! very helpful staff!!!

The hostel has a boozy community feel to it. The bathrooms were quite poor, very little privacy and not much space. The hostel didn't feel very inclusive of the city it was based. Good if you want to party every night.

This is a party hostel. If you're not a partier you can still avoid this though. Great atmosphere. The lockers don't always shut properly. Overall great stay! I recommend the free walking your by Kate

• 2nd Sep 2014

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. Free pancakes for breakfast and double beds, loved the 5 euro family dinners every night. The hostel itself is very clean with good facilities, but it was the staff that really made this place stand out- everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere, resulting in almost the entire hostel hanging out together.

Guys I had a fantastic time there, it was really great to meet you all and hang out with you guys. Will you are doing a great job with this hostel, keep doing your thing!

• 26th Aug 2014

I liked my stay at urban garden! It's a great place to meet people and the staff were really friendly. Double beds in all the dorms, and pancakes for breakfast! The bathrooms suck though, basically no privacy, they really need an upgrade.

Fantastic hostel I would highly recommend

This is an incredible hostel, full marks across the board, but an extra special tip of the hat to the staff, who were some of the nicest hostel-working folk I've ever met. Cheers guys! x

Such a fantastic hostel! The staff all go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome- pancake breakfast and family dinners are a must. Would definitely recommend.

I honestly can't fault this place. I've traveled for 8 weeks and this is by far the BEST hostel I have stayed in! I was so sad to leave. The atmosphere here is amazing - as soon as you walk in the door the staff make you feel at home. The free pancakes for breakfast are such a bonus. It's so cool just to chill in the lounge or outside, and the staff always join. This was the most social hostel I have been to. I want to go back!!

I'd never seen an actual game of beer pong in real life until the staff played it before a night out. It's a really great place to stay if you want to socialise and experience Lisbon's night life. The directions on the site are more complicated than they had to be. The staff who were all really friendly. The breakfast was great and set us up for the day of walking Lisbon's hills. 1 or 2 finishing touches would make this place epic.

Cool place with awesome personnel that makes u feel at home. If I go to Lisbon again this is where I'm gonna stay!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

By far the best hostel I've stayed in! Everything was fantastic, the beds are huge, the location is great, the staff are amazing, the whole hostel is cleaned thoroughly and daily. The €5 dinners (with a free beer!) are delicious and are a great opportunity to meet other people in the hostel. Wifi, computer and tv facilities (with 1000 movies to choose from!) are all fantastic! Pub crawl and free walking tour are also a must. Thanks for a great time urban garden!!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4