Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

Great place

Fantastic place to stay! The staff are friendly and helpful. Claudia and Rob were especially helpful! Special shout out to the "hangout tour" with Kate - one of the best things you can do in Portugal! PANCAKES. Would stay again!

If only I didn't lose my power bank...it mysteriously disappeared from my bed :-( Anyway, the staff were excellent- all of them! They were super helpful and we even went partying together :) The atmosphere, location, cleanliness - all great! Each room has a key card so feels very secure. Unfortunately, the locker was broken so couldn't lock my stuff and the lights in the ladies' toilet next to 'sthg' morning rm went unfixed for the entire duration of my stay. But overall, I highly recommend it!

The best hostel I have been at! They are very cool and helpful. Never a dull moment and the hospitality is above and beyond! The beds are also Queens so yeahhh buddyyy.

• 9th Apr 2015

Terrific place to stay! Can only recommend it if you are up for having a nice time in Lisbon. Staff is super friendly and competent and I was impressed by the bathrooms which looked new and very fancy! In the evening, there was a wine and cheese night where we got to try some local foods. Loved it! Typically portuguese and very authentic. I just directly felt home at this place. A must try: The free pancakes in the morning. So good! Thank you Urban Garden!

Urban Garden is well run and in a good location, with very friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere. The breakfasts and dinners are also a nice way to meet people. A model hostel.

Urban Garden is not a hostel it's a home. Will, Claudia, Rob, Lucas, and Margo do a phenomenal job making you feel like you belong. Between the family breakfasts, dinners, and parties you'll never go hungry or be bored. Advice: take Kate's tour. It's a MUST! I can not say enough amazing things about this The Urban Garden. I've made so many new friends and had so many great experiences here that I've decided to stay in Lisbon for a few months. You'll never stay at a better hostel.

This is a great place to stay as the staff is well-organized and works hard to ensure you enjoy your time. The bathrooms are clean, there is a great atmosphere, there is a pancake breakfast and many nightly meals. It is especially a great place if you are looking to meet other travelers, explore the city, and have some fun. Overall, a great hostel.

I'd you go to lisbon, stay in this hostel! All the staff are very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. It's a relatively small and very social hostel. The atmosphere is great and all the facilities are very nice and clean. The beds are queen size and the showers are clean and new. The kitchen is a bit small and crowded but there is cooking facilities and equipment. There is also free pancakes even morning and a free dinner almost every night. The location is great but a bit hard to find. awesome.

• 4th Apr 2015

The hostel is pretty good. It is very well located near Station Avenida and Liberdad Street. However, it says breakfast is free and all you can eat, it is far to be the case, since there is one little kitchen/dining room for all travelers and there is one person everyday making some pancakes, so you have to wait pretty long to get two pancakes, if you want more, then wait for another fifteen to twenty minutes. No milk, no cereals, no eggs, no bread. Just two pancakes and tea or coffee.

Thanx for making our stay as comfy and enjoyable as possible Easy check in, easy check out, room to store your luggage, double bunk beds (!!!), friendly and helpful staff We'll come back :)

• 3rd Apr 2015

Friendly staff! General hostel experience, in terms of facilities, was average.

Great facilities and atmosphere and even better staff! :D Loved the pancake breakfast!

The breakfast was too late, staff members complained about a guest infront of other guest, which is never a smwart thing to do. It felt like a student house instead of a hostel

• 30th Mar 2015

Breakfast runs from 8:30am - 11:00am and we feel that is more than fair. We apologize for the unprofessional conversation you overheard our staff having about another guest. It has been dealt with. At times guests do not display the most respectful behavior towards our space and other guests but that is no excuse to air the issue in public view. We will always hold our guests accountable of their behavior

Very generous and aimed to please!

• 27th Mar 2015

The best hostel I've ever stayed at, hands down.

• 25th Mar 2015

The hostel is very clean, especially the showers, the pancake breakfast was excellent, and the staff worked hard to make sure everyone had a great time. The owner was there to make sure things were running smoothly, and there were many events to partake in. It is a great place if you wish to meet fellow backpackers as well.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND STAY HERE!!! A free beer upon arrival, a double bed to yourself, large rooms, hot showers and FREE PANCAKE BREAKFAST every morning!! I loved my stay here so much I stayed for another 3 nights. The staff are friendly and always around to help and have a chat. They do dinners, drinking games, movie nights and so much more. You will not regret your stay. I will definitely stay here again when returning to Lisbon :D

YOU'LL LOVE THIS PLACE! It is an amazing hostel! Upon arrival I already felt it was different than any other hostel I've been too. There is a certain energy in this hostel which makes you feel at home straight away. The staff is superb and turned into friends really fast! Beds are huge, location great and the Urban Garden family is one to never forget. The tip based tour by Kate was amazing! She is super knowledgable and great spirit to be around! She is the best!!

• 19th Mar 2015

Double beds! Community dinners! Awesome people! Great location! What more can I sayou about his hostel? It's the only place that we have put off plans and extended our stay at. The community dinners are the best idea ever, because not only is it free and delicious food, but it also allows you to sit down and meet the other guests and the hosts of the hostel. I wish every hostel was like this. We will come back.

• 19th Mar 2015