Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

Best hostel I've stayed at so far! Amazing staff, great atmosphere, really good family style dinners and breakfasts, fantastic walking tour!

Party hostel

Pretty swell, free weed... Mad staff, delishious cous cous! Loved the cooking :)

• 22nd Jul 2015

Thanks for the nice review, Free weed? We have no idea how you managed that. Glad yu enjoyed our family dinners.

Awesome hostel with awesome staff, came back after a week to stay there again! and there will definitely be a third time

The staff is nice and helpful. Nice double beds. The power goes off every now and then an switches off the water heater. When I arrived there, no hot water to take a shower. My room was hot during the nights and the air con doesn't work. Only one fan for 8 people. We opened the windows and the Mosquitos came in and the noise was way too loud. The location is good in general terms but 25 min walk to the bar zone (where you want to be). I decided to stay in the most of my nights.

Thank you for your kind remarks about our staff and beds, we apologize that the water heater was off when you arrived, typically you can burn yourself with our water. Lisbon is very comfortable in the evening and our 8 bed dorms are cool in the evening, with the windows open. Mosquitoes are stealthy little critters and can find an open window pretty easily, you must not be eating enough garlic, ha. We are located in the center of Lisbon and are about a 10-15 min walk from the bar zone.

Between 9-1130am all bathrooms are in use, and the wait is made even longer since the staff have decided this is the perfect time to clean them. There are no toilets that are separate from showers, so during this time just really hope you don't need to pee! Nice chilled out hostel and fantastic pancake breakfasts!

this is very much a hippie hostel. If you're not into drugs or hardcore partying, I would not recommend it. Lots of overnight visitors (if ya know what I mean), and people did not come back to room until 5am on average. Very loud. That being said, the staff was very friendly....

• 17th Jul 2015

Thanks for the kind words about our staff. The summer months in Lisbon tend to attract a more lively crowd of guests and our 24 hour reception allows guests to come and go as they please. Sorry guests had sex in your room, some people just have no shame. Urban Garden Hostel is not a hippie or a party hostel. At times we have guests that take it upon themselves to do things that we frown upon as a hostel. Drugs are strictly forbidden at our hostel. UNFORTUNATELY, not everyone follows rules

really cool hostel, super cool people and staff that make you feel comfortable in every concern. beds are huge and rooms provide enough space for luggage, etc.. dinner is offered for only 3 to 5 euro. bathrooms are very up to date and clean. enjoyed it very much there! would definitely recommend it!

Urban Garden has an amazing atmosphere, great staff and the double beds after 6 weeks on the road were a godsend! Facilities are great and clean. A little bit out of town bit close to shops, bars and restaurants. Would definitely recommend!

• 14th Jul 2015

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in, they have double beds, great bathrooms, the staff are really fun and helpful. Great family dinners with drinking games afterwards, so this is definitely a great place to meet people. Even though it's a bit of a walk into town I would never stay anywhere else in Lisbon.

The staff here are so nice especially Connor and Garett, they made me feel welcome instantly. The facilities are nice and the double beds a welcome change from the normal hostel singles. Close to the main boulevard and a metro station everything is easily accessible. The chef was gone when I was there so the staff cooked but the food was absolutely delicious. And there's a free pancake breakfast!

The staff and atmosphere are amazing. So easy to meet others with the great common area and family dinners. Wish I could have stayed longer but the prices jumped on the weekend. Great location and great HUGE beds! The pancake breakfast was nice but I wish they offered some bread or other small items as well. Overall, great time and great for solo travelers!

Lovely lovely lovely!!! Staff = fab Rooms = huge & comfy Bathrooms = brand new & stunning Breakfast = pancakes! Enough said!

Urban Garden is like a home away from home. The super friendly staff make you feel as though you're staying with friends, the beds are huge, the vibe is great and the food is amazing. The free pancake breakfast is fantastic too, no other hostel I've been to does that. If you go to Lisbon and you don't stay there, you're missing out! Best hostel ever.

kitchen was great, common room was great, cute porch/courtyard and I LOVED the decor. it was awesome!!! staff is cool and they cook free breakfast for you which is pancakes and they have "family" dinners at night that you can pay to join but it's cheap and good. bathrooms are always clean and beds are huge!

Clean and nice hostel. Staff very friendly, the only problem was I had to change my room because they made an error with the booking (and they asked me a second time to able a group to stay together, but I refused this time), but I had an extre free beer for that. Optional dinner together for 3 euros usually, more for special events (ex : 10 euros with free frink, barbecue...)

It`s the perfect hostel. There`s everything you need inside it. Can you imagine to be in a hostel where the staff is basically formed by people who went to Lisbon once and just got in love for it and went back to work and stay there? So... Can you imagine the atmosphere of a place like that? Perfect. Well, overall, when you are in a hostel where the rooms are clean, you can use a single new clean toilet and you have a fully equipped kitchen all the rest works well. Thank you so much guys!

• 28th Jun 2015

staff here are amazing, they vary in their culture and approach to their guests and thus provide a unique experience. highly recommend

Thanks for the welcome beer and beer pong evening!

Very nice hostel! Good people, good beds, good atmosphere, definitely recommends! The only thing is the lack of space in the fridges... An AC would be great too but I know that's on the way!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7