Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

If you're a vegetarian there is no 5€ comune meal that you can eat. There was no wifi in my dorm... Other than that very good hostel with nice decoration. The night watch is chill to hangout with.

We intended to only stay one night here, but quickly changed our stay to two when we realized how comfortable and inviting this place was. The free pancake breakfast, huge beds, friendly atmosphere, and Friday night party made our stay in Lisbon an unforgettable one. Much thanks for the good time! -Hannah and Bella

Information about Dinner was a bit off. Were told Dinner was about 6 pm, actually was at 9 pm. Everything else was super awesome ! Was pretty hard to find the Hostel but after that it was great. Great Staff all over the place.

I was surprised at how enjoyable my stay was here. The staff was really friendly and the guests in the hostel were great as well! Really liked how clean the place was and I was shocked to find that for about $20 a night I was placed in a 10 mixed dorm, with a double sized bed! Amazing. Would definitely recommend others to come here. It's only a 15-20 min walk from Bairro Alto (main area for bars) and less than a 5 min walk from the nearest metro stop.

• 18th Jul 2014

This hostel feels almost like a hotel, very good atmosphere, and if you want to relax, away from the parties, you can. Facilities are very clean, and the theater is a plus. Also the breakfast girls are very helpful and friendly, had a great time

15 minute walk to the center. Kitchen is occupied by staff cooking communal dinner every night, so if you want to cook your dinner your self, you will have to wait.

Fantastic atmosphere, the staff are really inclusive and helpful and sassy. LOVED eating pancakes every morning and sleeping in a double bunk bed! Staff made our stay in Lisbon unforgettable. Only problem was their washing machine was broken so we couldn't wash our clothes + the layout of the bathroom is a bit awkward (two toilets, one room, no walls)

Urban garden hostel was an all around good time. I met some really cool people, stayed in a comfortable queen sized bed, ate delicious food, and loved the atmosphere in general. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to explore Lisbon!

Awesome days in Lisbon, thanks to Urban Garden Hostel and his staff (and the city too^^). Large beds, lovely pancakes until 12 am, outside place to hang out, excellent cleanliness, "superman", Perfect combination of partying atmosphere and respect for sleeping time. Last but not least a very kind and fun staff. Shout out to them for their amazing job!

• 16th Jul 2014

Location: not that close to the pub area, 2 metro stations away. Can walk but may get tired. cleanliness: didn't clean up bed below me after the guy left value for money: they want u to pay upfront for your stay of 4 nights. not ideal as some hostels don't require this. facilities: their laundry facilities are overloaded, thus can take days for laundry to get done. Only 1 plug in the room to charge phone. But Wi-fi seemed very good. Good breakfast. Staff & atmosphere: 100%

Only stayed here for a night as we were flying out of Lisbon in the morning. We spent 4 nights in Lisbon the week before and I definitely wish we'd stayed at Urban Garden instead of where we stayed then. Great atmosphere, clean, secure, really nice facilities. Employees were great.

We loved our stay here! Great atmosphere for relaxing and meeting people, great kitchen, very clean and cool common areas. The €5 dinners were awesome too. The fantastic staff really make the place, they were all friendly and knowledgable- Will (the manager) was very generous when I lost my passport. Highly recommended!

The friendliness of the staff and the feeling of this place is beyond compare, met so many people and didn't want to leave

• 7th Jul 2014

Great hostel. Beds are super big and comfy. They have tv with a hard drive with like 100 movies. Breakfast is homemade hot cakes with tea and coffee.. nice and different treat. Staff really good. Only problem was wifi had tons of problems. The owner is so kind, he always gives one beer in the check in. They made nice home made dinners for 5 euros and are really good. Will stay here again? DEFINITELY.

The staff is pretty awesome. They do a lot to make your stay comfortable and to help visitors get to know eachother. Great common room and kitchen area. I really enjoyed my stay here!

This is one of my favorite hostels, thank you to all the amazing staff and the queen size beds for making my Lisbon experience pretty perfect !

Had a great stay, the staff were super friendly. Hostel was very clean. Great kitchen facilities. Beds were huge. Would love to go back and would definitely recommend.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Great staff and nice atmosphere! 100%!!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

I had a great stay at the hostel urban garden. The staff is very welcoming and efficient. It made ​​us feel at home, I spent several very nice and funny evening. I highly recommend this place!

• 1st Jul 2014

Great atmosphere that makes it very easy to meet other travelers. Awesome family dinners every night for €5. Staff are really cool and helpful. Overall I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Lisbon.

• 1st Jul 2014