Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

No lockers when I stayed. Apparently they were being built, but security was a big concern... Other than that the staff was really nice although some were not as knowledgeable about Lisbon than others.

Hi and thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. Security is very important to us at Urban Garden Hostel and although we pride ourselves on being a family house, we understand the need for secure lockers. This dorm is now equipped with brand new lockers. Thank you for staying with us

Hands down the best place to stay!! The staff are so amazing and helpful from the moment they let you in the door and make you feel instantly at home -especially Garrett!! You're awesome and really made our stay great - both times!! They have super fun pub crawls and take you to the best spots around the city as well as having fun family nights at the hostel with tons of movies. The huge beds, brand new showers and pancakes for breakfast just make it that much better! Stay here!!!!!

• 4th Jun 2015

Great hostel, best value for money that I have ever seen, You get a free drink when checking in, the hostel is near a subway station, the bed size is huge in the 4 people dorm! Staff very helpful and friendly.

Had an awesome experience here! Staff were incredibly friendly and pancake breakfast and dinners were delicious!! When I'm back in Losbon I'll definitely be back at Urban Garden :)

This place is amazing, meant too stay 2 nights, loved it that much I paid for an extra night, the staff are fantastic, beautiful hostel, can't praise it enough

I had an awesome stay here! The staff is incredibly friendly and they do everything they can to make your time there awesome. Will is an awesome owner; it's cool how involved he is in the day to day activities in the hostel. There is a large common area where a lot of people actually hang out and there is also always good music playing. The free pancakes also come in clutch when you wake up with a hangover (or even if you don't have one). I definitely would stay here again.

• 23rd May 2015

This was the best decision we made - to stay in Urban Garden, we really felt like joining a little family away from home, the guys working there are so friendly and passionate about what they are doing - it is amazing (havent seen it in other hostels), they regularly organize dinners/parties together which brings the guests closer. Common area is really used there, which is cool, you will meet and chat with cool people there. Rooms are spacious, clean and light. WC super clean and private.

Fun hostel with great atmosphere and nightly activities. But if you don't want to party you can get some peace and quiet in the room.

King size bed, free pancakes in the morning and dinners in the evening. You even get a welcome drink before you are even checked-in. Awesome hostel. A++++++

I am not sure why this hostel has such good ratings. It was the weirdest hostel we have stayed at on our trip so far. You jus ring the doorbell and any random person from inside the hostel will let you in- hardly any security or accountability on who comes and goes. The whole place was full of innuendos and crude references and just sort of creepy. I would not recommend.... But on the positive side - the beds were full sized which was nice and it's in a nice location!

We have good ratings because we are a good hostel. I can't even respond to what is WEIRD about our hostel because I honestly couldn't even say. Free breakfast, free family dinner, home-like feel, doesn't seem so WEIRD to me. When you ring the door bell, our staff answers the door, and we have several different staff members. We will be better at making sure our guests meet them all. Innuendos are funny and they are meant to be funny, sorry you took them so seriously.

This was one of the best hostels I have been to on my travels. Fantastic atmosphere, clean and friendly staff! Will definitely be back here if I come back to Lisbon.

Great place!! The staff is amazing and the vibe very relaxed and cool. The only problem is the lack of functioning lockers, most of them are broken.

We really enjoyed our stay! The atmosphere & staff were wonderful, & you can't beat the value for money (free morning pancakes & family dinners? Yes please!). The location is in a very safe part of the city, close to Barrio Alto, but 20-30min walk from the shore & most tourist attractions. The hostel is very close to the metro, but we enjoyed the walk every day! The beds were big but uncomfortable, & the personal lockers were weak/broken, but staff offered to guard valuables behind the desk.

Urban garden has a great sense of community, very fun and informative staff! They offered lots of tips about the city, along with a walking tour. The rooms are cute and cozy, the common room is a great place to relax, hangout and meet new people. The location is awesome, at the center of the city you can walk anywhere in 5-10 minutes!

• 13th May 2015

A nice place to sleep, relax, party and eat in Lisbon, recommended

• 7th May 2015
  • Portugal

Friendly Staffs. I'm very grateful your kindness!

Party hostel!! Unfortunately this is not for me. I didn't know that. No lockers in my room. But staffs are quite nice.

Urban Garden is not a party hostel. At Urban Garden Hostel, we let loose a little on weekends, but hey, who doesn't! We pride ourselves on being a hostel that has something for everyone! We do weekly cooking classes, wine & cheese nights, family dinners, and BBQ's. This 49% review is laughable, anyone who travels knows that 49% reviews should be reserved for crack houses and crumbling buildings, we are neither. Thank you and come again or don't

We can't say enough good things about Urban Garden! You guys made the end of our backpacking trip so much better then we could've hoped for. Will and the team are great hosts and they've got something really awesome going on here. The family atmosphere is amazing, thanks to you guys we will definitely be returning to Lisbon as soon as possible. Do yourself a favor and book your trip here ASAP! Jacob & Amanda

I love staying at Urban Garden Hostel! The place was great, the staff was very friendly and we met some awesome other people staying there as well! I'll definitely be back if I ever go back to Lisbon!

• 30th Apr 2015

I had a great stay at this hostel! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts and dinners were great! I travelled alone and had no problem meeting people.