Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

The garden hostel was fantastic and had a great atmosphere to hang out with other people. My only complaint would be that it is pretty far from anything really. Food was difficult to find, and bars were more than 25 minutes away by foot.

One of the best atmospheres I've experienced at a hostel. The staff are incredible and it's a great place to meet other travellers. If you go to Lisbon, stay here!

Absolutely great hostel! The staff were super friendly and they have the best walking tour I've ever been on!

Really nice hostel, amazing bed. Delicious pancakes For breakfast.I super recommend this hostel.

Excellent hostel located at Marque de Pombal, around 20 min downhill walk to the main sites. Staff was very nice; you even get free check-in beer! Facilities are very clean and there are plenty of activities in the hostel and instructions on daytrips nearby. Does not provide lockers, which may be an issue for some, but I have not had anything stolen on my stay here.

Hello, and thank you for the wonderful review. We have recently opened two new dorms at the hostel and we had been waiting for the new lockers to arrive. They have arrived and have been installed into the new dorms. The Urban Garden Hostel has a family house vibe and we pride ourselves on making our guests feel comfortable leaving their things out in the open. With this being said, security is very important to us and lockers are a huge part of that. Thank you for your kinds remarks!

Literally the best hostel I have stayed in me and my friend absolutely loved it. The best staff ,facitaties and enviroment you can be in. Will and the team do an exclellent job to include and make you feel comforable. Will defitenlty be visiting again. Ps the best walking tour I have ever been on.

• 9th Jun 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The common area was inviting to sit in and meet other guests. Great hostel if you're travelling alone and want to meet people. The pancake breakfast was good and all you can eat for free. The bathrooms weren't great, but not a major issue

Awesome hostel. It is my second time staying here. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they make the place feel very comfortable. Their facilities are in perfect state and everything is kept very clean, and the atmosphere is super chill. On weekends they have all you can eat/all you can drink parties and then they take you out to bars and it's super fun. AMAZING PANCAKE BREAKFAST. They can help you a lot with things to do in and around Lisbon. I absolutely love this place.

No lockers when I stayed. Apparently they were being built, but security was a big concern... Other than that the staff was really nice although some were not as knowledgeable about Lisbon than others.

Hi and thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. Security is very important to us at Urban Garden Hostel and although we pride ourselves on being a family house, we understand the need for secure lockers. This dorm is now equipped with brand new lockers. Thank you for staying with us

Hands down the best place to stay!! The staff are so amazing and helpful from the moment they let you in the door and make you feel instantly at home -especially Garrett!! You're awesome and really made our stay great - both times!! They have super fun pub crawls and take you to the best spots around the city as well as having fun family nights at the hostel with tons of movies. The huge beds, brand new showers and pancakes for breakfast just make it that much better! Stay here!!!!!

• 4th Jun 2015

Great hostel, best value for money that I have ever seen, You get a free drink when checking in, the hostel is near a subway station, the bed size is huge in the 4 people dorm! Staff very helpful and friendly.

Had an awesome experience here! Staff were incredibly friendly and pancake breakfast and dinners were delicious!! When I'm back in Losbon I'll definitely be back at Urban Garden :)

This place is amazing, meant too stay 2 nights, loved it that much I paid for an extra night, the staff are fantastic, beautiful hostel, can't praise it enough

I had an awesome stay here! The staff is incredibly friendly and they do everything they can to make your time there awesome. Will is an awesome owner; it's cool how involved he is in the day to day activities in the hostel. There is a large common area where a lot of people actually hang out and there is also always good music playing. The free pancakes also come in clutch when you wake up with a hangover (or even if you don't have one). I definitely would stay here again.

• 23rd May 2015

This was the best decision we made - to stay in Urban Garden, we really felt like joining a little family away from home, the guys working there are so friendly and passionate about what they are doing - it is amazing (havent seen it in other hostels), they regularly organize dinners/parties together which brings the guests closer. Common area is really used there, which is cool, you will meet and chat with cool people there. Rooms are spacious, clean and light. WC super clean and private.

Fun hostel with great atmosphere and nightly activities. But if you don't want to party you can get some peace and quiet in the room.

King size bed, free pancakes in the morning and dinners in the evening. You even get a welcome drink before you are even checked-in. Awesome hostel. A++++++

I am not sure why this hostel has such good ratings. It was the weirdest hostel we have stayed at on our trip so far. You jus ring the doorbell and any random person from inside the hostel will let you in- hardly any security or accountability on who comes and goes. The whole place was full of innuendos and crude references and just sort of creepy. I would not recommend.... But on the positive side - the beds were full sized which was nice and it's in a nice location!

We have good ratings because we are a good hostel. I can't even respond to what is WEIRD about our hostel because I honestly couldn't even say. Free breakfast, free family dinner, home-like feel, doesn't seem so WEIRD to me. When you ring the door bell, our staff answers the door, and we have several different staff members. We will be better at making sure our guests meet them all. Innuendos are funny and they are meant to be funny, sorry you took them so seriously.

This was one of the best hostels I have been to on my travels. Fantastic atmosphere, clean and friendly staff! Will definitely be back here if I come back to Lisbon.

Great place!! The staff is amazing and the vibe very relaxed and cool. The only problem is the lack of functioning lockers, most of them are broken.