Urban Garden Hostel Reviews

Rua Camilo Castelo Branco n 2C, Lisbon, Portugal

I had a great stay at this hostel! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts and dinners were great! I travelled alone and had no problem meeting people.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed. I went by myself and left with great memories and many friends! Be sure to do the walking our with kate, she's great.

• 30th Apr 2015

Good location, double beds for everyone, a free beer when you check in, very nice staff ánd free family dinners + pancakes for breakfast, I wish I could've stayed for longer!

All in all the stay was positive. But the staff, while friendly, wasn't well informed about lots of logistical things, for example: getting to the airport early in the morning when public transport isn't available. A sign in posted on the main bulletin board said a cab would cost 6e, staff members said 10, but when I got to the airport the meter read 21.60. The queensized beds are a nice idea, but the mattresses were uncomfortable and the size of the beds limited space in an already small room.

The staff and the atmosphere were the best part of the hostel. They cook pancakes every morning for breakfast and they oftentimes do a free dinner or put on something cool for the guests like 1 euro beers or all you can drink dinner. Double beds are also a plus too. Only downside is that their security could be better (fix lockers so that they actually lock) but otherwise I enjoyed my stay a lot.

Awesome hostel, great staff who are very willing to help and go to great lengths to help you have a wonderful time with fun drinking social events and free family dinners. You get a welcome drink on arrival and a free pancake breakfast made to order. Can't wait to come back! Rooms were alright, a bit dark and dingy, but the private bathroom/toilet facilities were great as they were newly renovated. A couple of kms to walk to city centre, but the walk is worth it to see Lisbon.

Urban Garden was definitely the best hostel I've stayed in so far! The atmosphere is great, all the staff is really friendly, bathrooms are clean and the bed is so comfortable (really!!!). The only bad thing is that you must ring and wait for someone to open the door everytime you arrive at the hostel, but it's not that bad since I've never waited longer than 2 minutes, even if it was in the middle of the night. Awesome value for money. Would totally recomend it to all of my friends.

Great place

Fantastic place to stay! The staff are friendly and helpful. Claudia and Rob were especially helpful! Special shout out to the "hangout tour" with Kate - one of the best things you can do in Portugal! PANCAKES. Would stay again!

Urban Garden is something very special. Among the many great hostels of Lisbon, not one can replicate the warm and welcoming atmosphere that these guys have created. After staying only four nights, I felt like a part of the family - so much so that soon after I left, I had to come back to Lisbon for another go! You guys made my stay in Lisbon amazing, and I love each and every one of you!! Also... free pancake breakfast, damn good family dinners and drinking games to boot :) love, Mika xoxox

If only I didn't lose my power bank...it mysteriously disappeared from my bed :-( Anyway, the staff were excellent- all of them! They were super helpful and we even went partying together :) The atmosphere, location, cleanliness - all great! Each room has a key card so feels very secure. Unfortunately, the locker was broken so couldn't lock my stuff and the lights in the ladies' toilet next to 'sthg' morning rm went unfixed for the entire duration of my stay. But overall, I highly recommend it!

Great hostel, welcoming staff, wish I could have stayed longer! Beds are big and location makes it easy to explore Lisbon.

The best hostel I have been at! They are very cool and helpful. Never a dull moment and the hospitality is above and beyond! The beds are also Queens so yeahhh buddyyy.

• 9th Apr 2015

Terrific place to stay! Can only recommend it if you are up for having a nice time in Lisbon. Staff is super friendly and competent and I was impressed by the bathrooms which looked new and very fancy! In the evening, there was a wine and cheese night where we got to try some local foods. Loved it! Typically portuguese and very authentic. I just directly felt home at this place. A must try: The free pancakes in the morning. So good! Thank you Urban Garden!

Amazing Hostel! Great social atmosphere, really friendly staff and decent facilities! Double bunk beds are a huge plus and free pancake breakfasts and free family dinners whilst we were there in April were awesome. My girlfriend and I stayed there for 9 nights and didn't want to leave! Kate's walking tours were great also. Only negative is it a bit of a walk to the main sights and Barrio Alto. Keep up the good work Will!

Best hostel I have every stayed in. Staff is nice and makes real effort to remember every guests. The atmosphere created by the hostel makes everyone feel free to talk with others and make new friends, which is something you can't get in other places. They provide an awesome walking tour which is by no mean an ordinary tour that only checks out the famous tourist spots. If you want to understand Portuguese and how they live or visit some places that only local knows, this is the tour to join.

Urban Garden is well run and in a good location, with very friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere. The breakfasts and dinners are also a nice way to meet people. A model hostel.

Urban Garden is not a hostel it's a home. Will, Claudia, Rob, Lucas, and Margo do a phenomenal job making you feel like you belong. Between the family breakfasts, dinners, and parties you'll never go hungry or be bored. Advice: take Kate's tour. It's a MUST! I can not say enough amazing things about this The Urban Garden. I've made so many new friends and had so many great experiences here that I've decided to stay in Lisbon for a few months. You'll never stay at a better hostel.

This is a great place to stay as the staff is well-organized and works hard to ensure you enjoy your time. The bathrooms are clean, there is a great atmosphere, there is a pancake breakfast and many nightly meals. It is especially a great place if you are looking to meet other travelers, explore the city, and have some fun. Overall, a great hostel.

I'd you go to lisbon, stay in this hostel! All the staff are very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. It's a relatively small and very social hostel. The atmosphere is great and all the facilities are very nice and clean. The beds are queen size and the showers are clean and new. The kitchen is a bit small and crowded but there is cooking facilities and equipment. There is also free pancakes even morning and a free dinner almost every night. The location is great but a bit hard to find. awesome.

• 4th Apr 2015