Urban Hideaway Guesthouse

Superb 434 Total Reviews
9.8
Superb 434 Total Reviews

22nd Mar 2017

As soon as I got here, I met Patrick, and he immediately upgraded me from a dorm to my own private room. He also shared his knowledge in regards to what to do in Vancouver (he's from the area). One recommendation he made was to spend the day at Lynn Canyon, to which I had a great time hiking. Patrick also does a great job in gathering everyone for an evening at trivia at the local bar/pub. I had a great time (and free breakfast) in Vancouver and definitely staying here again when I come back.

14th Mar 2017
7.7

This place is a little over rated. While the owner/manager is very personable and friendly. The UGH doesn't provide all of the services you'd expect from a hostile and does meet my expectations as a B&B. If you're looking for a good value. Keep looking. If you're looking for a friendly and helpful hostel manager, with a mature crowd, you'll be happy with this place.

11th Mar 2017

Next time I head to Vancouver, I know where I'll stay. Too bad it was only one night this time.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
11th Mar 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night. We both really enjoyed our stay. Staff were very friendly, room was big and bed was very comfortable. Felt cozy like home.

21st Feb 2017

A great location with an amazing property. I would highly suggest staying here, even if it is only for one night! It was well worth experiencing a piece of Vancouver's history with the added bonus of the comforts of home. Patrick was very welcoming and provided excellent suggestions in regards to events and sights to see in Vancouver. The complementary breakfast was certainly the best that I've ever had while staying at a hostel.

7th Feb 2017

Most comfortable bed and best breakfast I've had in a hostel. The owner is very friendly and the place has a good atmosphere. Somewhere in between a hostel and a bed and breakfast. Will stay there again if I make it back to Vancouver.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
19th Jan 2017

Patrick and his son were great value. They were very helpful and full of stories and excellent at introducing other guests. We stayed 2 nights and it was perfect for the little time we had in Vancouver. The breakfast was diverse from blackberries, blue berries, eggs, bacon, coffee, muffins and tea. The atmosphere was friendly. the hostel itself is quite cool and has an interesting history. other guests were friendly.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
15th Jan 2017

Great place to stay infact the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Staff are amazing! You can have a friendly conversation and they can give you some in depth advice if you need it. Great range for breakfast! Cozy and clean rooms nothing at all to complain about! Highly recommended place to stay while you're about in Vancouver!

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Jan 2017

Great place to get a comfortable, uniquely local experience of Vancouver. Patrick makes a fantastic host and seems to have a great sense of what each visitor is seeking out of their stay. Also, the outdoor patio is wonderful.. There's a cozy little nook where you can read, and overall it's an amazing place to smoke/read/city-watch. Highly recommend.

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Dec 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Urban Hideaway. Patrick is super kind and will give you a tour of the house when you arrive. He can also give you lots of ideas of how to enjoy the city. The people who stayed were also nice--we got to know them around breakfast in the mornings. The building and rooms are comfy. The location is awesome.