Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

A nice place! nice neighborhood!

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Taiwan

The location of the hostel is great, however we were welcomed by a very arrogant and rude person at the frontdesk. That was a bit of a bummer, however the other staff was very friendly. Our room was very cold and the blankets were way too thin for a winter in Chicago.

• 15th Jan 2016

2nd time I've stayed here. Extremely courteous & friendly staff at all hours. The rooms are clean. It is incredibly easy to get to from the blue line. I only have a small complaint. This time we stayed in a room on the second floor that seemed to have paper thin walls. We could hear the group next to us conversing all night. The other side we could even hear phones vibrating. I know it is a hostel and the late night atmosphere is to be expected but these guys weren't even that loud & kept us up.

Had a great stay.

Had an excellent stay :)

The staff were very helpful with any issues I had in my stay and helped me out with a couple of travelling problems I was having at the time. It's in a good location with some pretty cool bars around the area and only a short train ride downtown and to the airport. As for the social element as a solo backpacker I found it lacked social events and opportunities to meet other travellers as the common room often had 0-3 people in it and everyone kept to themselves.

It's a amazing place !!!

• 4th Dec 2015

I can't offer much insight. I arrived after midnight and then left at 5:30 am. Staff were helpful, didn't wanna take the subway that late at night so I took a taxi. Checked into my room and fell asleep. My bed was not very comfortable, very light blanket and it was chilly. It's cheaper than other places in Chicago so I would stay again.

Fantastic location, near the Blue line granting easy access to Chicago but also within walking distance of it own fantastic shops and nightlife. I had no problems at the hostel and thought the range of facilities to be more than sufficient

The perdonal is the best

...enjoyed my there....

• 5th Nov 2015

Great location, brilliant kitchen - go to Aldi and cook if you're on a budget! Also don't miss Stan's Donuts, incredible!

Great little place in a hip and vibrant neighborhood! Less than 10 minutes walk to the subway and near all kinds of shops and restaurants.

The area was a very trendy part of Chicago with loads of really cool stores around and a train station quite close by though the actual city centre was about 15mins away by train which isn't far. The rooms were clean and spacious though top bunkers are gonna have trouble charging electronics

• 31st Oct 2015

We loved staying here! The rooms were modern and spacious. It's located in a nice hipster area with lots of food and shopping options around. The staff were really friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay here again! It would be great if there were power sockets for each bed and possibly lamps so you don't need to disturb others.

Loved this place. Friendly staff and good location!

Awesome location, friendly staff, good breakfast, overall great stay!

• 13th Oct 2015

OMG! I think you are the best hostel in Chicago! I have to say " Thank you " for everything. I really liked your hostel. I want to visit again as soon as possible maybe next year! 🇹🇷✌🏿️🇺🇸

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Turkey

Awesome hostel- great location, rooms, facilities etc. Would be even better if little events were run by staff for the guests- trivia night, movie night etc.

Loved the neighborhood! Such a cosy and lively area with lots of shops and places to eat. I actually preferred it to the downtown area. Location is wonderful. It's close to the metro and in a relatively quiet street. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!