Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Loved this hostel and the neighborhood!! And the directions to get to the hostel were wonderful!

Awesome :D

Great hostel! Jason at the front desk was one of the most welcoming people I've ever met. The beds were good, clean showers, large common room area with a pool table. And in a great neighbourhood for bars and restaurants. It was a pleasure to stay there and I'd do it again any day.

• 27th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed, great location and best staff

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Spain

I absolutely loved the atmosphere and the location of the hostel (young, modern, trendy). There were always people to talk to... The air conditioning could have been more quite and WiFi wasn't working in my room. Otherwise it was great.

Absolutely delighted with this place. We will be back.

• 14th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've been to!

• 7th Mar 2014

Pros: The hostel is very close to a subway station and bus stops which makes things a lot easier for you to go downtown. You also can come back anytime, because you will have the security code required at the entrance that only the residents have access to. Cons: Damen St is not a very secure area so you better watch your back during the night when you are coming back to the hostel. The breakfast is not that much. Though it's free!

• 4th Mar 2014

I chose the hostel because it is close to the Damen Blue L line to O'Hare (early morning flight). It seems to be in a nice neighborhood with lots of restaurant/bar choices nearby. The staff are very friendly and the facilities clean. They provided sheet, blanket and towel in the male dorm in Feb, 2014.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed. Lovely staff, great neighbourhood. Honestly, the hostel was the best part about visiting Chicago. The only reason I'd never stay here again is Chicago is such a terrible city and I'm never going back.

Nice hostel near blue line. Again, the hostel only provide a sheet of cloth to cover, like most Chicago hostels, which is unbelievable!!!

This place was fantastic, amazing location and close to the train for easy access to sites and museums. The staff were friendly and helpful and just genuinely fun to chat with. The lounge was great for meeting and chatting with other travelers and I stayed in both the dorm and a private room and I would be happy to stay in either again. Overall as a single female traveler this place made me feel safe and was the best way to start my travels! You guys rock!

Very good value for money for a nice hostel in a cool area of Chicago.

I really enjoyed my stay at Urban Holiday Lofts, the staff were extremely helpful, the place is very clean, well organised and in a great location as it is situated near Damen blue line station. The rooms are nice and the beds are surprisingly comfortable! Unfortunately the common area is closed at 11pm which is a little annoying but I appreciate it's to keep the noise down for the people in the rooms below. Definitely a recommended hostel!

Really good stay here. Was quiet but that could be due to it being thanksgiving weekend! Such a friendly, safe, clean and relaxed environment. Would definitely recommend it. Great area too.

It is a bit expensive, but it is in Chicago, an expensive city. The place is well located with a station of train close and otherwise there are bars and discos beside. The people are friendly and the breakfast is okay.

I arrived to find out that my reservation was cancelled because I have a local phone number. It's true that I used to live in Chicago but I relocated to DC a years ago and kept my number. It's a common practice these days to do so but I guess that hasn't given them reason enough to update their policy. I didn't receive any notice from Hostelworld.com or Urban Holiday Lofts about the cancellation. Cost: at the reception desk was $291.00, cost me $266.00 all together originally quoted $250.00

The staff was all very nice, pleasant to talk to and knew the town and the neighborhood. The neighborhood is awesome, tons of cool bars and pretty easy access to downtown. The hangout room upstairs was nice, but the kitchen part was a little cramped when there was more than one person trying to eat there. I liked the bathrooms because it is a bathroom like at home with the toilet and shower and sink all in one room. Breakfast was too late, so I couldn't take advantage.

The location is good, very close to CTA(Subway) Blue Line. It's very clean, especially the bathroom. The price is quite reasonable as well. Like the place!

I loved this hostel, nice... Every services was excellent. And the area is excellent in BuckTown, near the underground... My best memorises in this wonderfull town of Chicago...

• 17th Nov 2013