Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

The hostel was brilliant however not much on offer regarding tours and helping you with things to do

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. Everything was clean, it was in a cool neighborhood and the staff was great.

• 9th Aug 2015

I loved it! I already started telling all my friends about it because I was just so impressed. Next time I'll be in Chicago, I'll definitely check in again!

• 2nd Aug 2015

loved my stay at urban holiday lofts! had stayed at hostels only twice before (once before for the same conference that brought me to Chicago last year paid for by the company-bleh...&once when my partner and i traveled to Maui several years ago-more bleh!) i had waited too long to book accommodations this time in Chicago so found myself needing hostel stay. the UHL are so clean, modern, &trendy i was overjoyed to be staying there. really appreciated the front door having its own access code

• 31st Jul 2015

Hostel was really nice and the staff was extremely helpful. Bathrooms could have been a little cleaner but this is expected when your sharing 2 bathrooms with 10-15 other people. Beds were clean and the kitchen/tv area was super nice. Location was awesome, area surrounding hostel is super nice and filled with bars and restaurants. Also is really close to the L for easy access to all parts of Chicago. Would highly recommend staying in this hostel :)

• 30th Jul 2015

Great place to stay. Clean rooms and great communal area. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and the train to get into the city. Good breakfast. Would definitely stay again although the rooms did get cold from the air conditioning.

I did not like the breakfast - all sugar and no substance, but I suppose all American breakfasts are like that. A bedlamp at each bed instead of a central light fitting to the ceiling would be nice.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Rooms are very big and nice, staff friendly and breakfast very good! The only problem was the bathroom which was not enough clean.

• 10th Jul 2015

Stayed in the Female Dorm and it was surprisingly clean and the room was huge ! Really enjoyed my stay. Breakfast in the morning is fine and the area where the hostel is located is great! Would always recommend this hostel.

They charge me twice of the deposit.

Wow! So clean and great location. Thanks!!

• 23rd Jun 2015

impressively clean and big house with kitchen in it. temperature of air condition is a little low but acceptable. I like its wood floor

Great place with excellent, friendly staff! The bathrooms could've been cleaner though - bath mats could have been changed more often but it's only a minor point. Wouldn't hesitate to come back again!

• 9th Jun 2015

Great hostel, spacious and modern rooms, nice lounge area, lots to do in neighbourhood! Definitely recommend!

It's a great place, I love the rooms, its very clean, they give you everything you need. I just loved it!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

The staff was nice. The fact that there are only two single bathrooms per floor was ridiculous. There was a line more times than not in the morning. Considering that fact, you would think they would have mirrors in each room to make getting ready easier for the girls. The noise was also a huge issue. We stayed right below the common room and we had a window that also overlooked the street. Sleeping past 6 wasn't an option.

• 5th Jun 2015

Great stay at the hostel. Helpful staff and great atmosphere. Wish there were more options for breakfast.

Nice hostel in a bar district with good food and drinks directly around the corner. Rooms are very clean and modern (for a hostel). Breakfast is for American standard OK. You reach the city center via metro. Station is just 5min of walking away. Would definitely stay there again.

Common areas are open only until 11pm -- that which is shown in the photos and entices you to think it's a large modern. So the only other place to hang out at that hour, unless you want to wake up your roommates, is the few chairs at the front desk. You'll have to rent a lock for the locker but if you're traveling with a suitcase -- suitcase won't fit into the locker. Front desk only holds suitcases day of arrival and day of departure. Served its purpose but was only for a bed to crash in.

• 19th May 2015

The location was great. Lot's of great restaurants and stores nearby. Super close to the train and buses. The only downside was it was a bit far from the city center. The facilities were very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. One night one of the toilets was stopped up and the staff fixed the problem immediately. I also accidentally left my computer charger in my room after I checked out and the staff emailed me to ask if it was mine and saved it for me.

• 9th May 2015