Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

The staff were super cool and the location is really good. The common area was nice too. The temperature in the rooms overnight was coolllld and the give you a really small blanket that doesn't keep you warm. Also it's noisy between rooms. But I would stay there again.

This place is amazing! I wish I could have stayed longer. They put a lot of effort into the place and into making their guests comfortable. All if that at an amazing price and in a great location.

• 11th Nov 2014

Beautiful huge room, great interior design, really friendly staff, very cool area. Definitely recommend it!

Staff gr8. Big room.

Really great place to stay in Chicago! The staff was awesome and it's located in a really cool area. I would for sure stay there again!

• 30th Oct 2014

Had a great stay! The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The room was a nice size and clean. The common area was really cool! Unfortunately I was only staying one night, so I didn't get to hang out there much. The area is lovely and I felt safe there. It was easy getting around by public transport or cabs.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Ben was awesome at check in and helped us get all of our luggage up to the room (which was A LOT) so it was super awesome since we were having a bad day. The only comments are have are these: 1)Without having the windows open the room is SUPER stuffy but it was hard to do since there was construction going on starting at 7AM each day. 2)PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE clean your showers with bleach. The shower had a TON of mold in it and smelled horrible.

Nice staff, always being kind and cool. Clean and cozy facilities, a bit noisy though. All the things are perfect, but the only thing I dislike was the subway. It's on construction until December! So I need to walk to arrive there.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Super clean and nice boutique-style hostel.

I felt safe as a single female traveller. Reception staff were really helpful and carried my heavy bag up the flights of stairs. only downside, the walls are paper thin.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

This place was great and the staff were so accommodating and friendly. The only negative feedback was there was no mirror inside the rooms which really is just being picky.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

I loved staying at this hostel, dorm rooms were fantastic very spacious clean and comfortable, the breakfast was really good. The staff were awesome both the guys Jason and the south African guy who's name I didn't get were super friendly and helpful. Location is ace right among all the cool bars, shops and restaurants on Damon and Milwaukee and a quick walk to the train station. As a female solo traveler it would have been good if the hostel had social activities ie, game night

This was the best hostel I stayed at during my 4 weeks USA trip. Apart from great location and clean and nice rooms, the helpfulness of the people that work there stands out! After I asked to stay a 2nd night, they did everything in their possibilities to make it happen even though they were basically fully booked. Also, they have great maps and lists laying out with individual tips for food, drinks, clubs, free parking etc., which I found a unique and super helpful idea. Thank you guys!!

• 8th Oct 2014

One of, if not the best hostel i have stayed in! I loved the common area, it made it super easy to meet people. I also did not expect to have a full size fridge and storage cupboards in the room which was an added bonus! If i ever returned to chicago i would definietly stay here again. The staff were so welcoming and always willing to help. Great job guys!!

• 4th Oct 2014

Wow... Urban Holiday Lofts was my first 'hostel' experience and it was truly amazing. Staff were wonderful and friendly and the location was perfect! I can't say enough about how great my experience was there.

• 25th Sep 2014

Overall a great hostel. I enjoyed my time here. Rooms were very comfortable and the upstairs common room was very pleasing to the eye, with a kitchen and very comfortable sofas. The breakfast did the job with bagels/ cereals/ tea ect...The only disturbance I felt was the very think floors. You could hear everything from upstairs but you cant change the floors thickness. Lovely place situated not far from the subway and very close to quant coffee shops and bars.

Wonderfully helpful and friendly staff. Interesting mix of residents. Well organized and clearly stated rules.

• 21st Sep 2014

There did not appear to be very many blankets and the AC was very cold.

Stayed there 4 nights in a private room and the room wasn't swept or bins empty once. Ear plugs should be offered given the noise that travels through the very thin walls. I would recommend this hostel. Nicely located a few minutes walk from the blue line. Area seems safe and clean. Rooms upon arrival were clean and comfortable.

Good location, specially if you come from O'Hare since it is in the same metro line (blue). Safe location.

• 6th Sep 2014