Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Staff was really friendly and helpful! Much appreciated!

• 20th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, my only complaint is that there are no separate toilets and showers (also, too few!) so the bathrooms were always occupied =)

Excellent location and value. We stayed in a double room (bunks) and saved $150/night. Fun neighbourhood with lots of nightlife, coffee shop, and eating options.

• 18th Aug 2014

The place looks a little less manicured than in the pictures, but still an excellent spot. The location is key! Exploring Wicker Park was the highlight of my chicago stay. This hostel would not be a good choice for anyone with mobility challenges. Lots of stairs. No elevator. It's not within the hostel's control I'm sure. But just a head's up!

Overall pretty clean. Decent complimentary breakfast and great neighborhood-near downtown and O'Hare. The atmosphere isn't the greatest though-my first night there, the common room was as quiet as a library and I was afraid to speak in case I might bother someone! Also, the wifi only worked in one tiny corner of my room and in the common area. If I go back to Chicago during warm weather months, I'd stay at IHSP for the roof deck and during cold weather months, I'd stay at Urban Holiday.

Great hostel within walking distance of some great bars/local stores. Clean n friendly place too and i'd recommend it!

Great location. Staff is polite and does what they have to do, but does not seem to go beyond that in welcoming guests. Room was spacious. Good value for money.

One of the best places during my travel! Nice friendly staff and clean and relaxed atmosphere!

This was really an awesome stay

Great hostel in a great location

I stayed here one night and really loved the place. Location is to die for and the hostel was super easy to find The staff were friendly and the facilities clean. The only problem is that with a loft atmosphere sound tends to travel. I'll definitely stay here again.

A great hostel in a great location, close to the CTA station and in a trendy neighbourhood. The dorm was of a good size for 6 people and lockers were available (although make sure you bring your own lock..). The staff were very friendly and willing to help when they could, lots of ideas on where to eat and drink. Only thing that let the hostel down was the minimal number of showers/ restrooms which was tricky in the morning and on one occasion no bagels were left at 9am, other than that 5*

Amazing to get there and recieve a happy welcome and get to know that break fast is include.

The hostel is amazing and what is the most amazing about it is the stuff! Everybody is friendly and super helpful!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Russia

The staff was excellent as well as the location. A good place to stay and explore the city since the metro stop is right there.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Loved the hostel decor and the neighborhood it was in. We got the five person private room, which was roomy and very nice. Sometimes you had up hunt for an open bathroom, but they were all clean and well maintained. Would definitely stay again!

Really wish they didn't close the community room at 11pm. You go to a hostel to meet and hang out with new people, and with people out during the day the evening time is when you get a chance to do that. Closing the room down at 11pm is really early. I would recommend at least 1am, but have from 11-1a be quiter hours, so no T.V. or loud activities to be considerate of others.

• 1st Jul 2014

Lovely hostel, really friendly and helpful staff. Nice and clean. Big rooms, comfy beds and a yummy breakfast included. Really nice location, short walk to the metro. The only negative was quite noisy in my room as was next to stairs. Would definitely recommend here though!

great front desk people, very helpful especially for our 6am flight.

very clean, great location