Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

I loved staying at this hostel, dorm rooms were fantastic very spacious clean and comfortable, the breakfast was really good. The staff were awesome both the guys Jason and the south African guy who's name I didn't get were super friendly and helpful. Location is ace right among all the cool bars, shops and restaurants on Damon and Milwaukee and a quick walk to the train station. As a female solo traveler it would have been good if the hostel had social activities ie, game night

This was the best hostel I stayed at during my 4 weeks USA trip. Apart from great location and clean and nice rooms, the helpfulness of the people that work there stands out! After I asked to stay a 2nd night, they did everything in their possibilities to make it happen even though they were basically fully booked. Also, they have great maps and lists laying out with individual tips for food, drinks, clubs, free parking etc., which I found a unique and super helpful idea. Thank you guys!!

• 8th Oct 2014

One of, if not the best hostel i have stayed in! I loved the common area, it made it super easy to meet people. I also did not expect to have a full size fridge and storage cupboards in the room which was an added bonus! If i ever returned to chicago i would definietly stay here again. The staff were so welcoming and always willing to help. Great job guys!!

• 4th Oct 2014

Wow... Urban Holiday Lofts was my first 'hostel' experience and it was truly amazing. Staff were wonderful and friendly and the location was perfect! I can't say enough about how great my experience was there.

• 25th Sep 2014

Overall a great hostel. I enjoyed my time here. Rooms were very comfortable and the upstairs common room was very pleasing to the eye, with a kitchen and very comfortable sofas. The breakfast did the job with bagels/ cereals/ tea ect...The only disturbance I felt was the very think floors. You could hear everything from upstairs but you cant change the floors thickness. Lovely place situated not far from the subway and very close to quant coffee shops and bars.

Wonderfully helpful and friendly staff. Interesting mix of residents. Well organized and clearly stated rules.

• 21st Sep 2014

There did not appear to be very many blankets and the AC was very cold.

Stayed there 4 nights in a private room and the room wasn't swept or bins empty once. Ear plugs should be offered given the noise that travels through the very thin walls. I would recommend this hostel. Nicely located a few minutes walk from the blue line. Area seems safe and clean. Rooms upon arrival were clean and comfortable.

Good location, specially if you come from O'Hare since it is in the same metro line (blue). Safe location.

• 6th Sep 2014

Hostel is in a nice area, really close to a train stop as well so it's quick and easy to get downtown. Staff need to check on breakfast more often because there were long periods each morning where there were no milk or bagels left etc.

wonderful.

The team of house keeping is the best !!!!!

Pretty good idea if you're young and able bodied.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Such a fun place, had a great time here, even though it was just for a night. Talked with the receptionist a bit and he was a great help. The neighbourhood is so lively and getting into the city couldnt be easier! If you are looking for a save and good place to stay, search no more...

• 20th Aug 2014

Staff was really friendly and helpful! Much appreciated!

• 20th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, my only complaint is that there are no separate toilets and showers (also, too few!) so the bathrooms were always occupied =)

Excellent location and value. We stayed in a double room (bunks) and saved $150/night. Fun neighbourhood with lots of nightlife, coffee shop, and eating options.

• 18th Aug 2014

The place looks a little less manicured than in the pictures, but still an excellent spot. The location is key! Exploring Wicker Park was the highlight of my chicago stay. This hostel would not be a good choice for anyone with mobility challenges. Lots of stairs. No elevator. It's not within the hostel's control I'm sure. But just a head's up!

Overall pretty clean. Decent complimentary breakfast and great neighborhood-near downtown and O'Hare. The atmosphere isn't the greatest though-my first night there, the common room was as quiet as a library and I was afraid to speak in case I might bother someone! Also, the wifi only worked in one tiny corner of my room and in the common area. If I go back to Chicago during warm weather months, I'd stay at IHSP for the roof deck and during cold weather months, I'd stay at Urban Holiday.

Great hostel within walking distance of some great bars/local stores. Clean n friendly place too and i'd recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3