Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Wow... Urban Holiday Lofts was my first 'hostel' experience and it was truly amazing. Staff were wonderful and friendly and the location was perfect! I can't say enough about how great my experience was there.

• 25th Sep 2014

Wonderfully helpful and friendly staff. Interesting mix of residents. Well organized and clearly stated rules.

• 21st Sep 2014

There did not appear to be very many blankets and the AC was very cold.

Stayed there 4 nights in a private room and the room wasn't swept or bins empty once. Ear plugs should be offered given the noise that travels through the very thin walls. I would recommend this hostel. Nicely located a few minutes walk from the blue line. Area seems safe and clean. Rooms upon arrival were clean and comfortable.

Good location, specially if you come from O'Hare since it is in the same metro line (blue). Safe location.

• 6th Sep 2014

Hostel is in a nice area, really close to a train stop as well so it's quick and easy to get downtown. Staff need to check on breakfast more often because there were long periods each morning where there were no milk or bagels left etc.

wonderful.

The team of house keeping is the best !!!!!

Pretty good idea if you're young and able bodied.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Such a fun place, had a great time here, even though it was just for a night. Talked with the receptionist a bit and he was a great help. The neighbourhood is so lively and getting into the city couldnt be easier! If you are looking for a save and good place to stay, search no more...

• 20th Aug 2014

Staff was really friendly and helpful! Much appreciated!

• 20th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, my only complaint is that there are no separate toilets and showers (also, too few!) so the bathrooms were always occupied =)

Excellent location and value. We stayed in a double room (bunks) and saved $150/night. Fun neighbourhood with lots of nightlife, coffee shop, and eating options.

• 18th Aug 2014

The place looks a little less manicured than in the pictures, but still an excellent spot. The location is key! Exploring Wicker Park was the highlight of my chicago stay. This hostel would not be a good choice for anyone with mobility challenges. Lots of stairs. No elevator. It's not within the hostel's control I'm sure. But just a head's up!

Overall pretty clean. Decent complimentary breakfast and great neighborhood-near downtown and O'Hare. The atmosphere isn't the greatest though-my first night there, the common room was as quiet as a library and I was afraid to speak in case I might bother someone! Also, the wifi only worked in one tiny corner of my room and in the common area. If I go back to Chicago during warm weather months, I'd stay at IHSP for the roof deck and during cold weather months, I'd stay at Urban Holiday.

Great hostel within walking distance of some great bars/local stores. Clean n friendly place too and i'd recommend it!

Great location. Staff is polite and does what they have to do, but does not seem to go beyond that in welcoming guests. Room was spacious. Good value for money.

One of the best places during my travel! Nice friendly staff and clean and relaxed atmosphere!

This was really an awesome stay

We booked a 5 bed private dorm, only because Chicago Getaway Hostel and HI Chicago Hostel where full this time. We got a 4 bed with one bed being a small double bed instead. I recommend staying at HI Chicago Hostel or Chicago Getaway Hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3