Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Wow! So clean and great location. Thanks!!

• 23rd Jun 2015

impressively clean and big house with kitchen in it. temperature of air condition is a little low but acceptable. I like its wood floor

Great place with excellent, friendly staff! The bathrooms could've been cleaner though - bath mats could have been changed more often but it's only a minor point. Wouldn't hesitate to come back again!

• 9th Jun 2015

Great hostel, spacious and modern rooms, nice lounge area, lots to do in neighbourhood! Definitely recommend!

It's a great place, I love the rooms, its very clean, they give you everything you need. I just loved it!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

The staff was nice. The fact that there are only two single bathrooms per floor was ridiculous. There was a line more times than not in the morning. Considering that fact, you would think they would have mirrors in each room to make getting ready easier for the girls. The noise was also a huge issue. We stayed right below the common room and we had a window that also overlooked the street. Sleeping past 6 wasn't an option.

• 5th Jun 2015

Great stay at the hostel. Helpful staff and great atmosphere. Wish there were more options for breakfast.

Nice hostel in a bar district with good food and drinks directly around the corner. Rooms are very clean and modern (for a hostel). Breakfast is for American standard OK. You reach the city center via metro. Station is just 5min of walking away. Would definitely stay there again.

Common areas are open only until 11pm -- that which is shown in the photos and entices you to think it's a large modern. So the only other place to hang out at that hour, unless you want to wake up your roommates, is the few chairs at the front desk. You'll have to rent a lock for the locker but if you're traveling with a suitcase -- suitcase won't fit into the locker. Front desk only holds suitcases day of arrival and day of departure. Served its purpose but was only for a bed to crash in.

• 19th May 2015

The location was great. Lot's of great restaurants and stores nearby. Super close to the train and buses. The only downside was it was a bit far from the city center. The facilities were very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. One night one of the toilets was stopped up and the staff fixed the problem immediately. I also accidentally left my computer charger in my room after I checked out and the staff emailed me to ask if it was mine and saved it for me.

• 9th May 2015

It was nice! I felt comfortable with this hostel. Thank you so much

• 30th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

The staffs were very nice and helpful, especially the girl at front desk on the day I left (14th Apr) lend me her phone, very nice. However there were two damen stations but it was not mentioned in the transportation direction which lead me carrying all my luggages wandering around the city in the middle of the night.

Brilliant staff, great vibe. One of the best hostels I've stayed in, to be honest - really loved it there, wish i could go back and hang out some more! Would love a reading light next to beds, and clearer recycling bins, but those are the only things I could manage to pick on. Everything was brilliant, and a lot of thought gone into things - really loved the recommendations for daily deals in the local area (Wicker Park is really cool, and easy to access the city) loved my time there!

Nice place to check in to for a quiet and relaxing stay with good value for money.

AWESOME HOSTEL! Girlfriend and I were roadtripping and decided to take an extra day here because it was so comfortable, super clean, and in a great neighborhood. Not to mention that this place was SUPER affordable. Most hostels in the US are doing hosteling all wrong, but this one has cracked the code! Highly recommend!

it is good place to trip because it is near the station and you can go to loop easy. Room is enough to sleep and there is good lounge to play or take a rest Also, workers are very kind.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome Hostel, awesome staff, awesome neighbourhood. I'd come back anytime and recommend everybody to choose Urban Holiday Lofts!

• 9th Mar 2015

It was worth every buck of mine!!

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

THE WORST experience I've ever had with hostels. 1.Unknown bug bites on my leg. They are still swollen as big as my hand after two days (NOT BEING DRAMATIC AT ALL) the socalled representative denied that i got the bites from them & only refunded me for the coming night then said i couldn't stay even if i asked to switch to another room. No medicine cover for my bites and i spent $20 on cream and pills 2.SUPER POOR sound insulation: you MUST whisper to friends unless u want others to hear after11

• 4th Mar 2015
  • China

We take allegations of any type of bug very seriously. After you informed us of the issue, we called in a professional exterminator to perform an inspection of the room; no signs of any bugs were found. After alleging that you'd been bit by a bug, you still made a reservation to stay another night with us. Because of your discomfort, we offered to cancel your future nights with no penalty instead of refunding for the completed stay. We truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

The bed was a bit uncomfortable for my old lady body but everything else was just great. I think his name's John (the afternoon guy) is super accommodating to everyone and full of sound advice. Thanks for the stay.