Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Hostel itself had good location and facilities. Staff very unhelpful and times not as advertised on website.

We had an amazing experience thanks to UHL, great location and facilities. We will be back!

• 30th May 2013
  • Mexico

Possibly the most spacious hostel I've stayed in: a vast dorm, with sofa and kitchen, and high-ceiling with large windows. Unfortunately the blinds were sparse, and entirely missing by my bed, so I was woken at 5.30am and even with a t-shirt over my head had trouble sleeping after that. The walls and ceiling also let a lot of sound in. But very helpful staff, clean, comfy bed and pillow.

The walls were paper thin apart from that it was great!

• 24th May 2013
  • New Zealand

This was our second time staying at Urban Holiday Lofts and it was just as great as the first time. Friendly staff, great lounge area, and great location close to lots of restaurants, coffee shops, Walgreens, and the train. Love the market next door as well. The only negative I could mention would be that it's a bit noisy outside near the hostel but that's to be expected in the city. Definitely recommend this place!

• 23rd May 2013

Great hostel, great value for money very convinient if you need to travel to o'hare. The only disadvantage is lack of a proper sound isolation, if you are searching for a quiet place to sleep probably not the best option.

What a great adventure I had!! Thank staff for this great alternative place to stay! Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Our stay was great- easy check-in and great location to so many things. One thing we noticed, so many "room freshener" smells. Overwhelming amount of them. In every room we went in. Other than that, it was a great stay.

Such a great experience! Staff is super helpful and nice. Location is AMAZING! In the heart of Wicker Park and a 5 minute walk to the blue line. Beds and sheets were very comfortable and the facilities were super clean. There is not one bad thing I can say about this hostel except maybe the breakfast? The breakfast was very minimal. Cereal, toast, and oatmeal. Overall, I had an excellent experience and will definitley be back again!

• 15th May 2013

We had a great time. Its a very nice place, with very nice staff.

• 11th May 2013

This place was awesome, the staff were the most helpful we've come across on all our travels. Location is great, near the train station and supermarket. Walls are pretty thin, and could do with another stove but wasn't too much of an issue at all. Free pool table was a nice touch.

Great place to stay!

Stayed here many nights on separate occasions and I can only give it my highest praises! Great place, great service, great staff! Don't think twice it's all right!

Great location with easy access on the blue line train to/from airport downtown. Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in with space lockers (padlocks to hire) Kitchen is great free breakfast a bonus. Great area for eating out nightlife. Hostel was quiet comfortable. My only complaint would be that there were 2 bathrooms on our level with approx 25 beds. Quite simply not enough and I often had to wait but this is literally the only improvement I can think of.

Location wise it's hard to beat this place. It's only a block to the blue line train. Anything you need is within walking distance. The whole hostel had a great vibe and I'm planning on staying here again!

• 25th Apr 2013

everything excellent!

It would have been nice if there more toilets on the top floor. 1 is not enough when the common room is locked.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Common room is very big and nice. There are bookstores and cafe around this area, which makes it very peaceful and cozy. Three minutes walk to subway station and five stations to downtown, very nice location!

• 21st Apr 2013

The hostel itself is absolutely adorable! Not to mention the neighborhood it is in is full of super sweet bars, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. It may seem far away from the city center, but it is right by public transport and is a very walkable neighborhood. The bathrooms are just like a bathroom in a home. Beds were great, and common room was freaking swank! There are a lot of stairs here, so don't try to arrive in heels and drag your bags up!

Great stay! The only thing that was not perfect was that our room was really cold. But since we missed to ask how to turn on the heat (or the air con off?) it's probably our fault :)