Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Great location and extremely friendly and helpful staff. The only downside was the cleanliness of the bathrooms which was pretty poor - I appreciate that this is down to fellow guests but more frequent cleaning of the facilities would really help! Also - beds were pretty creaky!

• 18th Aug 2013

The location of this hostel is excellent - its close to the train station and in a nice area with lots of interesting shops, bars and restaurants. Its also really clean and modern. The low point, for me, is that it wasnt a very social hostel - people seemed reluctant to talk to one another.

Staff were rather rude and the location of the hostel, whilst being in a cool neighborhood, is far from chicago's centre and attractions. I enjoyed my room-mates, but if I could choose I would probably not stay here again.

I really liked my stay here! Definitely will come back again. Pretty close to the subway, lots of bars around, and clean rooms! the bed was comfy too :)

• 9th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Extremely expensive for the tiny room that we got. Over $200 for a bunk bed and barely enough room to open the door. But it's a very secure building and the location is great.

It was a great experience there were other families and that made it even better. We had a room for eight and there was space for everyone to be comfortable.

Great location being only minutes from the blue line trains. Staff very helpful at check in and nice big common room for TV, pool or just relaxing.

• 29th Jul 2013

This hostel is in a great location - very buzzy district that felt safe with easy train access to downtown. The room was fine and the common room/ kitchen were welcome. However, having stayed in many hostels this was the dirtiest - our private bathroom was not properly cleaned, the communal fridge was disgusting and the communal toilet was also yuk - a real shame.

Clean, comfortable and great atmosphere. Staff was really helpful. I'd definitely come back!

• 27th Jul 2013

really good location, really nice hostel.

Very clean room and super friendly staff. Right in the hipster neighborhood of Wicker Park.

I am glad that the common room was closed at night this time around.

• 22nd Jul 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hostels throughout the US & UK and I would highly recommend this one. It had a nice atmosphere, very convenient location, great market downstairs, and the best whipped cream cheese spread I've had in ages to accompany their complimentary breakfast bagels.

• 15th Jul 2013

In a cool hip area, a few stops away from downtown. Lots of cafes, burritos, bars shops etc. in the vicinity if that's what you're in to, but also very close to all the sights. Actual room spacious with tall ceilings and the loft at the top was cool. Didn't seem too lively when I was there but this may be because it wasn't the weekend. Staff are helpful.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Scotland

Loved the neighborhood! Hostel is fairly new and well-kept. Has good variety of room types and enjoyable lounge. Staff were usually very friendly and helpful. They care about the condition of the hostel, and offer good extras, such as free storage for bags and breakfast. Would definitely stay again.

We booked the four bed standard room and it was huge, clean and very comfortable.

I had a wonderful experience at Urban Holiday Lofts. The atmosphere was very cool - urban/rustic, and the staff was always friendly and helpful. I stayed with a large group and they were incredibly accommodating. It was always clean and the location was perfect. Close to bars/restaurants and public transit. Overall, a great experience and I would absolutely recommend Urban Lofts.

• 10th Jul 2013

Seriously, if you're a 20-something traveler, you can't beat this location. Rooms are pretty minimal, but there a lot of kitchen spaces, surprisingly, so that's a plus. Hang out room upstairs is pretty spacious, too.

Small rooms, hot in the night (a/c shut down in the night?)

Lovely hostel in a great location, especially if you are coming from the airport (it's ~5m walk from the Damen Blue Line stop). Loses one star from this Brit for not having a kettle to make tea with, but other than that you can't go wrong.