Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Overall great place!! Beautiful room, very clean and staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Common area upstairs was perfect and steps away from good bars and restaurants. Highly recommend. Two thumbs up !

• 26th Jun 2013

I don't really recommend to stay here; there are much better places even close by. The staff are two-faced, they try to act nice but their true face is completely something else. Rooms are very clean but not so much atmosphere. The common room is in 4th floor and very cozy.

Front desk guys were so friendly and super helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone!

• 18th Jun 2013

Very convenient and nice. Like it.

• 18th Jun 2013
  • China

Guess I would have liked a little more information on what to do and see in Chicago when I came. Felt like I didn´t get so much and like you guys were very busy. But overall super nice hostel!

Really great place if you're travelling through Chicago and want to stay in a great neighbourhood close to bars, close to the train line, and a reasonable cab ride from many popular neighbourhoods/the beach/etc. Really great time, and great facilities.

My stay, though short, was perfect! Keep up the good work!

This was my first experience staying in a hostel. Staff was very helpful/friendly. Stayed in a 7 bed dorm where I met nice women from all over the USA and world. The common room was large and useful. Only suggestion which would have improved stay is if juice or fruit was offered at breakfast.

• 5th Jun 2013

Front Desk left a little in service to be desired - just not terribly polite. Felt safe, awesome location - only thing i'd recommend to the hostel - separate the toilet and shower!

This is the BEST hostel I have stayed in. I was in a Deluxe 7 Bed Female Dorm Ensuite. The room is VERY SPACIOUS and CLEAN. There is a refrigerator in the room and which I could store food i bought from the nice supermarket downstairs. Very nice staff - very friendly, offered a list of restaurants for cheap eat Nice location - close to subway, nice neighbourhood and near Milwaukee Ave where i found many nice vintage stores.

Lovely hostel, very funky and hip neighbourhood. Hired bikes from the hostel, which was brilliant. It cost about £37 each per night for three of us to share an en suite room, which is pricey for a hostel but Chicago does seem expensive for accommodation. No table tennis table as per photo on the Internet site which led to tears from one of our party. Noisey pipes too but overall an enjoyable stay and I would recommend.

• 3rd Jun 2013

Hostel itself had good location and facilities. Staff very unhelpful and times not as advertised on website.

We had an amazing experience thanks to UHL, great location and facilities. We will be back!

• 30th May 2013
  • Mexico

Possibly the most spacious hostel I've stayed in: a vast dorm, with sofa and kitchen, and high-ceiling with large windows. Unfortunately the blinds were sparse, and entirely missing by my bed, so I was woken at 5.30am and even with a t-shirt over my head had trouble sleeping after that. The walls and ceiling also let a lot of sound in. But very helpful staff, clean, comfy bed and pillow.

The walls were paper thin apart from that it was great!

• 24th May 2013
  • New Zealand

This was our second time staying at Urban Holiday Lofts and it was just as great as the first time. Friendly staff, great lounge area, and great location close to lots of restaurants, coffee shops, Walgreens, and the train. Love the market next door as well. The only negative I could mention would be that it's a bit noisy outside near the hostel but that's to be expected in the city. Definitely recommend this place!

• 23rd May 2013

Great hostel, great value for money very convinient if you need to travel to o'hare. The only disadvantage is lack of a proper sound isolation, if you are searching for a quiet place to sleep probably not the best option.

What a great adventure I had!! Thank staff for this great alternative place to stay! Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Our stay was great- easy check-in and great location to so many things. One thing we noticed, so many "room freshener" smells. Overwhelming amount of them. In every room we went in. Other than that, it was a great stay.

Such a great experience! Staff is super helpful and nice. Location is AMAZING! In the heart of Wicker Park and a 5 minute walk to the blue line. Beds and sheets were very comfortable and the facilities were super clean. There is not one bad thing I can say about this hostel except maybe the breakfast? The breakfast was very minimal. Cereal, toast, and oatmeal. Overall, I had an excellent experience and will definitley be back again!

• 15th May 2013