Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

There's only 2 bad things about this one, the rooms are kinda noisy due to the wood floors, so you will always listen to people walking on the upper floor. Not really a problem if you have a pair of earplugs, which every backbacker should have. Other thing is that they close the common area at night, probably beacuse of the same noise. Nonetheless it's a nice and comfy place, clean and clear bedrooms, good bathrooms outside the room, and Jason, at the front desk, is the nicest guy ever.

This place has changed my opinon of hostels in the US. As an American I always felt that the US hostels lacked something compared to the European hostels. This is not the case at Urban Holiday Loft. It meets all hostel needs. I recommend the en suit bathroom for more privacy.

• 11th Oct 2013

I was very surprised about how clean this place was. They had cleaning people every morning. The location is excellent as Wicker Park is fun and would recommend this place to anyone who asks me. There was a breakfast of bagels, coffee, milk, cereal and oatmeal every morning which was nice. The common area was super spacious with a pool table and comfy couch with a large screen TV. The only thing I wished was that people were a little more social. People kind of just stuck to their own cliques.

• 9th Oct 2013

The location is outstanding! There are so many cool and affordable shops and resaurants near by and the L stop is a 5 minute walk. The community room was really nice too! Lots of space and natural light. Breakfast was adequate (bagels, cream cheese, cereal, PB, jelly, cream cheese, coffee, tea) but not my cup of tea. But there's an ALDI nearby, if like me, you're more of a yogurt and banana person. It was confusing how each fl has a kitchen, but no dishes, utensils etc. Must use top fl

Great hostel in a great location. Wicker park has a lot more edgy shops and gig venues than the very commercial downtown. The only things to fault were - Extremely creaky floors and thin walls made it very difficult to sleep - The common room and main kitchen only opens at 8am, so you'll need to plan for this if leaving early in the morning.

This was a great hostel with some MAJOR flaws. First, there are only 2 bathrooms on each floor for over 30 people. There are also no mirrors in the rooms, only in the bathrooms. Because its lofts, the floors make a lot of noise. It was also probably the squeakiest bed I've ever had to sleep on, and bunk beds, so if one person turns their head it wakes the whole room. The location is great, i would probably stay again. Just bring some ear plugs and plan on mid day showers.

It is wooden structure so sometimes it is easy to hear sounds which made from upstairs. The air condition is a little too cold for us. Generally we will choose to stay here when we visit Chicago again. To be honest, we already miss it before we leave Chicago!

perfect hostel. its super clean, great location, awesome staff (met Jason), i dont have to put my own bed sheets on, awesome common area. super cool.

I received the best customer service during my stay at the Urban Holiday Loft. Seriously, the best. This was such a good deal and compared to the other hostels I've stayed at, this was a bit more upscale. I stayed in the apartment-like 8-person dorm room. I would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Sep 2013

The location in Wicker Park and two blocks from the Blue Line on the El is terrific. It's right in the middle of the best night life, the hostel itself is top notch, very clean, friendly staff, with a great breakfast (included, which softens the blow of the higher than usual cost for a stay here). The WiFi is iffy though (worked only part-time). I highly recommend this hostel! We actually stayed four nights and had to switch rooms part-way through.

It's been a good chance for me to stay international Hostel. At first it is hard for me to find hostel cuz it has no sign in front of the building. But facilities and cleanliness was really nice. I think those three days of stay will be a good memories for me .

• 17th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

The hostel and its location are good. I arrived at around 10:30 PM and when I got to the reception the guy who was there (some guy with glasses) was counting money and just looked at me as if I had broken in. He said "Can I help you?" in a somewhat hostile tone and he was just generally rude. Luckily the girl who was at reception the next day was much friendlier. The atmosphere is ok and the facilities are good, shame about that guy, he gives a terrible first impression for a nice place.

I had a good time when i was staying in this hostel. even though its hard to find the entrance door. aha ! rooms are clean and comfortable. shower rooms are always clean. very good. location is quite good. close to the station.

Great hostel in awesome location. The we're unfortunately a few downsides. The blinds in room are paper thin and our room got direct sunlight so first of all it was really hot and secondly we were getting woken up at 6am every morning by the sun. Second thing was the noise from the floor boards upstairs. If the sun didn't wake us up the the noise from cleaners or anyone upstairs would also wake us up between 6.30 and 7am every morning

• 9th Sep 2013

Loved the Urban Lofts. Stayed here for three nights. Lots of great bars and restaurants within walking distance. The Metro (L) is close by and gets you downtown in minutes. Would definitely stay here again. Free breakfast each morning. Laundry available. Large fridge to keep you food/drink in whilst staying there.

Too expensive

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Mexico

First of all I want to give a shout out to Brendan at the front desk he was great answered all our questions and gave us some great ideas. Great location, clean, good atmosphere, massive lounge area, free breakfast great nearby restaurants and shops. Would definitely recommend.

We stayed here for 7 nights during a trip through the US and it was by far the nicest hostel. The rooms ar big and bright, there are restrooms and kitchens on every floor and there is even a washingmaschine for your clothes. You get free breakfast and free water/coffee/tea arouns the clock. With the CTL it just takes you 10 minutes to get to downtown.

Literaly the best place I have ever stayed in. Friendly staff, low price and excellent conditions. Whenever I am back to Chicago Ill stay there!

Actually the best place I have ever stayed in. I is either cheap and comfortable. Staff is really nice, it's located in fun neighbourhood and very close to downtown. I walked to downtown on feet several times- easily. If I am ever back to Chicago (I hope I will the soonest as possibe) I will absolutely stay in Urban Holiday. Just love it. Thank you guys.