Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

We booked the four bed standard room and it was huge, clean and very comfortable.

I had a wonderful experience at Urban Holiday Lofts. The atmosphere was very cool - urban/rustic, and the staff was always friendly and helpful. I stayed with a large group and they were incredibly accommodating. It was always clean and the location was perfect. Close to bars/restaurants and public transit. Overall, a great experience and I would absolutely recommend Urban Lofts.

• 10th Jul 2013

Seriously, if you're a 20-something traveler, you can't beat this location. Rooms are pretty minimal, but there a lot of kitchen spaces, surprisingly, so that's a plus. Hang out room upstairs is pretty spacious, too.

Small rooms, hot in the night (a/c shut down in the night?)

Lovely hostel in a great location, especially if you are coming from the airport (it's ~5m walk from the Damen Blue Line stop). Loses one star from this Brit for not having a kettle to make tea with, but other than that you can't go wrong.

I was perfectly satisfied, while I was staying at this hotel. If I go to Chicago someday, I would visit here once again ! And also staff were very kind ! the location is also perfect.

• 1st Jul 2013
  • South Korea

it was in a great location. There are bar and places to eat and drink and shopp within mere seconds of the place. The breakfast it very basic. You pretty much can hear everything here so pack a pair of ear plugs.

If you bring your car make sure to contact the hostel and reserve a parking spot otherwise you will be paying for parking. The location is in a trendy hipster young professional area, safe location, and close to 24hr train station. There is plenty of space inside rooms with bathroom and shower inside. But I stayed in the room for a couple of days and housekeeping did not clean our bathrooms. I will stay here again on my next visit.

Overall great place!! Beautiful room, very clean and staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Common area upstairs was perfect and steps away from good bars and restaurants. Highly recommend. Two thumbs up !

• 26th Jun 2013

I don't really recommend to stay here; there are much better places even close by. The staff are two-faced, they try to act nice but their true face is completely something else. Rooms are very clean but not so much atmosphere. The common room is in 4th floor and very cozy.

Front desk guys were so friendly and super helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone!

• 18th Jun 2013

Very convenient and nice. Like it.

• 18th Jun 2013
  • China

Guess I would have liked a little more information on what to do and see in Chicago when I came. Felt like I didn´t get so much and like you guys were very busy. But overall super nice hostel!

Really great place if you're travelling through Chicago and want to stay in a great neighbourhood close to bars, close to the train line, and a reasonable cab ride from many popular neighbourhoods/the beach/etc. Really great time, and great facilities.

My stay, though short, was perfect! Keep up the good work!

This was my first experience staying in a hostel. Staff was very helpful/friendly. Stayed in a 7 bed dorm where I met nice women from all over the USA and world. The common room was large and useful. Only suggestion which would have improved stay is if juice or fruit was offered at breakfast.

• 5th Jun 2013

Front Desk left a little in service to be desired - just not terribly polite. Felt safe, awesome location - only thing i'd recommend to the hostel - separate the toilet and shower!

This is the BEST hostel I have stayed in. I was in a Deluxe 7 Bed Female Dorm Ensuite. The room is VERY SPACIOUS and CLEAN. There is a refrigerator in the room and which I could store food i bought from the nice supermarket downstairs. Very nice staff - very friendly, offered a list of restaurants for cheap eat Nice location - close to subway, nice neighbourhood and near Milwaukee Ave where i found many nice vintage stores.

Lovely hostel, very funky and hip neighbourhood. Hired bikes from the hostel, which was brilliant. It cost about £37 each per night for three of us to share an en suite room, which is pricey for a hostel but Chicago does seem expensive for accommodation. No table tennis table as per photo on the Internet site which led to tears from one of our party. Noisey pipes too but overall an enjoyable stay and I would recommend.

• 3rd Jun 2013

Hostel itself had good location and facilities. Staff very unhelpful and times not as advertised on website.