Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Loved the Urban Lofts. Stayed here for three nights. Lots of great bars and restaurants within walking distance. The Metro (L) is close by and gets you downtown in minutes. Would definitely stay here again. Free breakfast each morning. Laundry available. Large fridge to keep you food/drink in whilst staying there.

Too expensive

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Mexico

First of all I want to give a shout out to Brendan at the front desk he was great answered all our questions and gave us some great ideas. Great location, clean, good atmosphere, massive lounge area, free breakfast great nearby restaurants and shops. Would definitely recommend.

We stayed here for 7 nights during a trip through the US and it was by far the nicest hostel. The rooms ar big and bright, there are restrooms and kitchens on every floor and there is even a washingmaschine for your clothes. You get free breakfast and free water/coffee/tea arouns the clock. With the CTL it just takes you 10 minutes to get to downtown.

Literaly the best place I have ever stayed in. Friendly staff, low price and excellent conditions. Whenever I am back to Chicago Ill stay there!

Actually the best place I have ever stayed in. I is either cheap and comfortable. Staff is really nice, it's located in fun neighbourhood and very close to downtown. I walked to downtown on feet several times- easily. If I am ever back to Chicago (I hope I will the soonest as possibe) I will absolutely stay in Urban Holiday. Just love it. Thank you guys.

This isn't your typical American hostel. I definitely found it to be closer to the type of upscale hostels I've stayed in in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. It's super-spacious, everything is new, and the whole place is really bright. And it definitely seems to attract a more low-key clientele, which is great if you want to stay somewhere sociable without putting up with late-night parties in the hallways. The location is awesome -- really cute neighborhood that's convenient to everywhere.

Great location and extremely friendly and helpful staff. The only downside was the cleanliness of the bathrooms which was pretty poor - I appreciate that this is down to fellow guests but more frequent cleaning of the facilities would really help! Also - beds were pretty creaky!

• 18th Aug 2013

The location of this hostel is excellent - its close to the train station and in a nice area with lots of interesting shops, bars and restaurants. Its also really clean and modern. The low point, for me, is that it wasnt a very social hostel - people seemed reluctant to talk to one another.

Staff were rather rude and the location of the hostel, whilst being in a cool neighborhood, is far from chicago's centre and attractions. I enjoyed my room-mates, but if I could choose I would probably not stay here again.

I really liked my stay here! Definitely will come back again. Pretty close to the subway, lots of bars around, and clean rooms! the bed was comfy too :)

• 9th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Extremely expensive for the tiny room that we got. Over $200 for a bunk bed and barely enough room to open the door. But it's a very secure building and the location is great.

It was a great experience there were other families and that made it even better. We had a room for eight and there was space for everyone to be comfortable.

Great location being only minutes from the blue line trains. Staff very helpful at check in and nice big common room for TV, pool or just relaxing.

• 29th Jul 2013

This hostel is in a great location - very buzzy district that felt safe with easy train access to downtown. The room was fine and the common room/ kitchen were welcome. However, having stayed in many hostels this was the dirtiest - our private bathroom was not properly cleaned, the communal fridge was disgusting and the communal toilet was also yuk - a real shame.

Clean, comfortable and great atmosphere. Staff was really helpful. I'd definitely come back!

• 27th Jul 2013

really good location, really nice hostel.

Very clean room and super friendly staff. Right in the hipster neighborhood of Wicker Park.

I am glad that the common room was closed at night this time around.

• 22nd Jul 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hostels throughout the US & UK and I would highly recommend this one. It had a nice atmosphere, very convenient location, great market downstairs, and the best whipped cream cheese spread I've had in ages to accompany their complimentary breakfast bagels.

• 15th Jul 2013