Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

We had a great time. Its a very nice place, with very nice staff.

• 11th May 2013

This place was awesome, the staff were the most helpful we've come across on all our travels. Location is great, near the train station and supermarket. Walls are pretty thin, and could do with another stove but wasn't too much of an issue at all. Free pool table was a nice touch.

Great place to stay!

Stayed here many nights on separate occasions and I can only give it my highest praises! Great place, great service, great staff! Don't think twice it's all right!

Great location with easy access on the blue line train to/from airport downtown. Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in with space lockers (padlocks to hire) Kitchen is great free breakfast a bonus. Great area for eating out nightlife. Hostel was quiet comfortable. My only complaint would be that there were 2 bathrooms on our level with approx 25 beds. Quite simply not enough and I often had to wait but this is literally the only improvement I can think of.

Location wise it's hard to beat this place. It's only a block to the blue line train. Anything you need is within walking distance. The whole hostel had a great vibe and I'm planning on staying here again!

• 25th Apr 2013

everything excellent!

It would have been nice if there more toilets on the top floor. 1 is not enough when the common room is locked.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Common room is very big and nice. There are bookstores and cafe around this area, which makes it very peaceful and cozy. Three minutes walk to subway station and five stations to downtown, very nice location!

• 21st Apr 2013

The hostel itself is absolutely adorable! Not to mention the neighborhood it is in is full of super sweet bars, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. It may seem far away from the city center, but it is right by public transport and is a very walkable neighborhood. The bathrooms are just like a bathroom in a home. Beds were great, and common room was freaking swank! There are a lot of stairs here, so don't try to arrive in heels and drag your bags up!

Great stay! The only thing that was not perfect was that our room was really cold. But since we missed to ask how to turn on the heat (or the air con off?) it's probably our fault :)

Great place to stay in Chicago, the common room is really stylish & the rooms and bathrooms all on a high standard. Metro station is nearby & Wicker Park has a vibrant art scene.

Nice place in good area. Only downside would be the noise. You can hear a lot through the walls and ceiling and if people are partying in room above it is too loud.

• 15th Apr 2013

It was good. but I didn't return my 5$.(card kye)

• 14th Apr 2013
  • South Korea

very nice, clean place with a good atmosphere...

• 13th Apr 2013
  • Czech Republic

My boyfriend and I loved staying here! It was a cool area and the hostel was very modern and funky ('funky' as in 'cool' not 'smelly'). Our room was quiet and the breakfast on the top floor was quite impressive. We also got some great tips from the staff about places to go to eat and drink.

The location is really great, the area is very nice, there are a lot of bars and cafes, it is close to the subway. The hostel is clean and staff is very friendly.

• 11th Apr 2013
  • Latvia

Unbeatable location, roomy, friendly, clean and stylish.

• 11th Apr 2013
  • Female

I'd definitely recommend Urban Holiday Lofts as a great place to stay if you're looking for a good value base in a lively neighbourhood. Although basic, the bedrooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable. The staff were great and always happy to help with suggestions of where to eat in the area, what to do etc. The only downside was that my room was just behind the front desk, so was quite noisy as there was constantly people chatting, but the upstairs rooms seemed quieter.

Great choice for short-term or long-term staying in Chicago. Free breakfast. But a little bit noisy at night. (There're some machine noises) But I don't mind it. Perfect in the whole.

• 6th Apr 2013