Urban Holiday Lofts Reviews

2014 W Wabansia Ave, Chicago, USA

Nice hostel near blue line. Again, the hostel only provide a sheet of cloth to cover, like most Chicago hostels, which is unbelievable!!!

This place was fantastic, amazing location and close to the train for easy access to sites and museums. The staff were friendly and helpful and just genuinely fun to chat with. The lounge was great for meeting and chatting with other travelers and I stayed in both the dorm and a private room and I would be happy to stay in either again. Overall as a single female traveler this place made me feel safe and was the best way to start my travels! You guys rock!

Very good value for money for a nice hostel in a cool area of Chicago.

I really enjoyed my stay at Urban Holiday Lofts, the staff were extremely helpful, the place is very clean, well organised and in a great location as it is situated near Damen blue line station. The rooms are nice and the beds are surprisingly comfortable! Unfortunately the common area is closed at 11pm which is a little annoying but I appreciate it's to keep the noise down for the people in the rooms below. Definitely a recommended hostel!

Really good stay here. Was quiet but that could be due to it being thanksgiving weekend! Such a friendly, safe, clean and relaxed environment. Would definitely recommend it. Great area too.

It is a bit expensive, but it is in Chicago, an expensive city. The place is well located with a station of train close and otherwise there are bars and discos beside. The people are friendly and the breakfast is okay.

Really well located - near to bus stops & metro station. They offer breakfast what is a plus &have a really nice common space (pool table, TV, etc..). I had problems with the receptionist (she was having trouble calculating how much my friend and I should pay - so it took like 20 min just for that). Also we arrived in the morning, pretty cold and they didn't answer the door or the phone for like 10 minutes. Overall the hostel was nice & we met other nice travelers there.

I arrived to find out that my reservation was cancelled because I have a local phone number. It's true that I used to live in Chicago but I relocated to DC a years ago and kept my number. It's a common practice these days to do so but I guess that hasn't given them reason enough to update their policy. I didn't receive any notice from Hostelworld.com or Urban Holiday Lofts about the cancellation. Cost: at the reception desk was $291.00, cost me $266.00 all together originally quoted $250.00

The staff was all very nice, pleasant to talk to and knew the town and the neighborhood. The neighborhood is awesome, tons of cool bars and pretty easy access to downtown. The hangout room upstairs was nice, but the kitchen part was a little cramped when there was more than one person trying to eat there. I liked the bathrooms because it is a bathroom like at home with the toilet and shower and sink all in one room. Breakfast was too late, so I couldn't take advantage.

The location is good, very close to CTA(Subway) Blue Line. It's very clean, especially the bathroom. The price is quite reasonable as well. Like the place!

I loved this hostel, nice... Every services was excellent. And the area is excellent in BuckTown, near the underground... My best memorises in this wonderfull town of Chicago...

• 17th Nov 2013

We liked staying here because of the possibility of private 2-bed rooms and proximity to public transportation. The staff were exemplary and the cleaning staff were meticulous in the common areas, as well as pleasant. The information sheet given to us was very useful throughout our stay and made things easier to plan. Overall, a very good place to stay.

This is a great hostel for couples or small groups. Their private rooms are a fantastic price. The kitchen is well stocked and breakfast is good. The absolute best thing about this place is the staff! They are great just for a chat or for local insights, especually Jason. I would highly recommend this place to anyone coming to Chicago.

The best place to stay!

I thought Urban Holiday Lofts was an awesome place to stay. Super convenient and a really cool part of town. I felt entirely comfortable walking and taking the metro everywhere I wanted to go. Comfortable beds and blankets, didn't have to wait to take a shower. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say is that the hostel atmosphere didn't really encourage socializing with the other hostel guests, that would be the only thing that I would have changed/added.

There's only 2 bad things about this one, the rooms are kinda noisy due to the wood floors, so you will always listen to people walking on the upper floor. Not really a problem if you have a pair of earplugs, which every backbacker should have. Other thing is that they close the common area at night, probably beacuse of the same noise. Nonetheless it's a nice and comfy place, clean and clear bedrooms, good bathrooms outside the room, and Jason, at the front desk, is the nicest guy ever.

This place has changed my opinon of hostels in the US. As an American I always felt that the US hostels lacked something compared to the European hostels. This is not the case at Urban Holiday Loft. It meets all hostel needs. I recommend the en suit bathroom for more privacy.

• 11th Oct 2013

I was very surprised about how clean this place was. They had cleaning people every morning. The location is excellent as Wicker Park is fun and would recommend this place to anyone who asks me. There was a breakfast of bagels, coffee, milk, cereal and oatmeal every morning which was nice. The common area was super spacious with a pool table and comfy couch with a large screen TV. The only thing I wished was that people were a little more social. People kind of just stuck to their own cliques.

• 9th Oct 2013

The location is outstanding! There are so many cool and affordable shops and resaurants near by and the L stop is a 5 minute walk. The community room was really nice too! Lots of space and natural light. Breakfast was adequate (bagels, cream cheese, cereal, PB, jelly, cream cheese, coffee, tea) but not my cup of tea. But there's an ALDI nearby, if like me, you're more of a yogurt and banana person. It was confusing how each fl has a kitchen, but no dishes, utensils etc. Must use top fl

Great hostel in a great location. Wicker park has a lot more edgy shops and gig venues than the very commercial downtown. The only things to fault were - Extremely creaky floors and thin walls made it very difficult to sleep - The common room and main kitchen only opens at 8am, so you'll need to plan for this if leaving early in the morning.