Urban House Reviews

2 Plaza Gipuzkoa, E Floor, San Sebastian, Spain

Helpful staff, great location. There is no kitchen,but with such a big variety of pintxos in this city it would be a shame to cook in the hostel. We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel and had a great time in San Sebastian :-)

No kitchen and no eating area if you supply own food. There are fridges so seem unusual there is no food preparation area or area for eating. Microwave was broken as well so no option but to eat out. Bunk beds but no privacy. Secure storage under beds is small and does not take a standard size back pack. Fairly disappointing compared to other hostels I've stayed in over my travel time.

I stayed at urban house for two nights beginning of September.. Enjoyed my stay there..the rooms were spacious, shower and toilets were fine, clean rooms and great location..staff were really helpful and friendly! I would recommend this hostel :) enjoy

Great location, nice room, very basic hostel but I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed it. Don't forget your earplugs as the streets outside can be noisy in the middle of the night with people walking home along them and stopping to chat for ages right outside! Had a great time in San Sebastian and enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The park right outside is gorgeous, it's a few minutes from the beach and right next to the old town. Perfect location.

• 6th Sep 2014

Room looked nothing like the photos advertised, place is really rundown. Tried 2 showers in the morning, niether had hot water. Apparently only certain showers do. For fellow Kiwi's the place was about as nice as your average student flat. Way overpriced!

This hostel is in a great location and has amazing wifi connection. Atmosphere is awful and the shower barely has hot water.

Kitchen wasn't the nicest I've seen, the showers were ok but again not the greatest. The rooms had enough space to be comfortable but were nothing more than very basic which is fine for a backpacker. I do not require luxury so this worked for me as somewhere to shower

hostel's location is wonderful.its too near to beach and centre.the stuff was very helpful.we stayed another buildiing from main hostel but it still good

Basic hostel with all that you need

The staff over charged me for my stay. They didn't include the deposit I had already paid. I have emailed them about this and they have not dealt with it. Not answering my emails. I would not recommend this place.

Out of the 5 days I stayed here only 2 days I had a hot shower. The kitchen was dirty. It felt like the place was on a slant. I wouldn't recommend this place if it was for more than 1 night.

• 29th Aug 2014

The Hostel is in a good location in the centrum och the city. My room was alright but nothing extra. Clean, with a window and very simple lockers under the bunk beds without room for big bags. The bathrooms were also clean. Maybe a bit too few but that didn't cause a problem during my stay. The kitchen was closed though and there wasn't any locked room to store luggage in. 23 euros/night felt a bit expensive.

I loved the helpfulness of the staff. And the location. Two highlights. Not a big enough common room/space.

It is good located but the sheets was smelling bad and the bathroom was dirty, we paid the reservation and in the hostal they make us pay again. I think that it overcost.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Ecuador

Nice hostel in a good location in the city, but not very sociable. It would have been better if there were a space for everyone to chill out in and socialise. Other than that there was just meeting the people in your rooms. The rooms were large and comfy though, and there were plenty of showers and bathrooms.

the hostel hosts families also. therefore there are children there, and they make some noise. beside that, many good people come to the hostel, and its fun. the showers are disappointing, low water pressure.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Israel

This was the most disgusting place - there were cockroaches walking around in the kitchen, ants in the fridge; one of the staff even told me to use an alternative kitchen as it was cleaner, so they even knew how bad it was. if you pushed hard enough you could open locked doors and lots of the bathroom locks didn't work. Left this place with some suspicious bites and a rash. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Awesome central location to both new-town and old-town areas. Rooms are basic but had plenty of room.

This place had a great location, but that's about all it had going for it. It was probably one of the worst hostels I've stayed in. Just generally run down, dirty and dilapidated. The kitchen didn't have a single cup and there was one grungy couch in the "common area". Disappointing for the money.

The free breakfast included was people leftovers they had left behind looked like it had been there a while. I got bitten by bed bugs and when I told the guy he didn't seem to care. The washing machine was under the sink so did not feel comfortable doing my washing. We thought we payed for a private 2 person room when one night we were shocked that there was a man in the room in the spare bed. There was no common room because it was being fixed so it was hard to mingle with other guests.

View all San Sebastian Hostels