Urban House Reviews

2 Plaza Gipuzkoa, E Floor, San Sebastian, Spain

The hostel was in a great place, but the stuff wasn't helpful at all. They took an hour to clean up vomit in my room and the hostel was just I a bad state. I didn't like the hostel at all and over all it's up there as being one of the worst hostels I have been in.

The best thing about this hostel is it's location. Staff were not always helpful. It often felt like they thought they were doing me a favour by allowing me stay at the hostel when in fact I think they should remember that we are paying customers. The building seems to be constantly in need if repair - which is okay - but at time of stay meant no common room or kitchen. It looks nothing like the pics from their website at the moment. The showers were icy cold most days but clean.

Very Good location and kitchen provided but seriously no atmosphere !!! If you stay here do yourself a favour and go for a walk around the streets at night because you won't have any fun in the hostel

• 20th Jul 2014

Need much better cleaning, especially in the kitchen. No common-area, and a lot of thing where missing or broke.

We really recommand this Place! Good Location (close to the Beach and the center - 5 Minutes by Walking), clean bedrooms and toilets. The People there were really friendly!! Just the right Place to stay (if you havent any Problems with sharing a room with Other People).

Do not stay at this hostel. We booked expecting a large common room which is closed and this is not stated in the website. Checkin was a shambles and we were left waiting well beyond 2pm when we were promised it would be ready. There was no hot water in the showers for the whole stay and the keys we were given did not work in the doors. When we raised all this with staff they were largely unhelpful and dismissive. Also no lockers in the rooms or cupboards. Would never use the Urban brand again.

• 15th Jul 2014

never staying again...

• 13th Jul 2014

it was ok, -wifi was hard to get a hold of and there was no provided computer, -kitchen facilities looked fine -lockers in room

Made to wait 2hrs before they gave us a room. However, the room was not what we had booked and paid for. When we informed staff of the issue, they were quick to act and provided us accommodation elsewhere which was fantastic. Overall the staff were friendly and helpful - there must have just been an issue with the system on that day.

Depending on which building you stay in, the facilities could either be good or bad. The same goes for wifi

The hostel was under construction while I was there and so we weren't able to use the main lounge area or the main ktichen, which was pretty inconvenient and made it hard to meet people. Excellent location, and I imagine it would be awesome if it were all done (June 2014)

Unfortunately a sleepless night because the other guests made a party on the floor and were loud the whole night - the reception is not occupied through the night so that nobody could do something against.

1 2 Next » last »