Urban House Reviews

2 Plaza Gipuzkoa, E Floor, San Sebastian, Spain

Very good hostel all round. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• 30th May 2014

Absolutely awesome. First hostel I've ever given a 100% rating. Staff is super friendly and helpful, great atmosphere, facilities were fine, no problems with cleanliness, and in a great location. Had to spend an additional night here due to train reservation complications but was more than happy doing so after spending the first two nights here. Would go back here in a heartbeat.

the manager/owner was really helpful, australian girl at reception was rude. Great location and good room size!

Stayed for three nights. Had cold showers for two days out of three. It is stated that breakfast is supplied. We got bread and milk on the last morning of our stay. The first two days there was only a small amount of cereal. Our room was dark and dingy, and the springs in the mattresses were sticking out. This made for a very unpleasant sleep. Paid a good amount of money, and came out very disappointed. Be wary!

Urban house was a great hostel. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms and facilities were good except for no hot water in some showers. The location was prime. I would definitely recommend urban house.

Pretty nice place to stay. The staff were really helpful. The reception has changed location which has not been updated on the directions and when you arrive at the old reception it is just marked with pen on the map on the wall which wasnt ideal.

Awesome staff!

Great location, but I didn't sleep well. The beds were noisy but comfortable, the room was a decent size but with paper-thin walls and no windows. I was told that there would be no one at reception until 8am; this meant that I couldn't access the kitchen and get my food from the fridge before leaving! Not the end of the world, but worth keeping in mind if you choose to stay there.

We stayed only two days in a private room with a balcony from which you see nice park and even little bit of the sea. Location is perfect, just on the border of historical city centre, living area, full of shops, cafes etc. Staff was very nice and helpful, able to speak several languages. There was a common room but when we did not see a lot of people socializing. The only weakness are the showers, not so comfortable and temperature of the water can change several times during your showering : )

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

It would have been nice to know there were actually two separate buildings that comprised this hostel and not only one. We had to walk to meet up with our friend who was staying in the second building. It was a short and quick walk, however. Overall, I would stay here again and had a pleasant experience!

Spent really good time in Urban Hostel. Nice stuff, good vibes, rooms are okey, bathrooms as well. Would stay there another time!

The staff forgot the booking deposit and wanted the whole sum. Our room was in another building, as we arrived it was not cleaned yet and there were no clean sheets. In the kitchen there was no water boiler, so we had to use a 4 liter cooking pot to make 2 cups of tea :-) The culmination was next morning. During the check out time there was no staff at the reception, I waited for about 15 minutes. I had to catch a bus, so I still have the key card and the hostel has 10 Euro key deposit.

Location was perfect but it was overpriced and dirty. Bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Rooms and stairwell had a weird bad smell that need went away. Kitchen was really messy and disorganized, also needed to be cleaned.

• 15th Apr 2014

Overall a great place to stay. Very plain but it gets the job done. Staff is very fun and informative. Met a lot of great people there, cause of the great atmosphere!

Excellent Staff! Only downside was temperamental lock on the room door that wouldn't open straight away (more like minutes)

The hostel was fine, really good location but lacking in character and the staff didn't seem to know much.

I liked urban house and had a decent time but the layout isn't set up to meet fellow travelers. Their public space area hours are very early and some of the staff wasn't the friendliest. Ultimately though, I had a good time and Caroline at the front desk was the most helpful! Thank you!

A cool Hostel with a cozy atmosphere and laid back people! The room was quite big and clean. The only negative thing was that there are way too less bathrooms available!

Overall it was a nice place to stay. It was a little annoying to have our room in the other location which is a couple blocks from check in. The bathrooms were not kept particularly clean, just average. We had a private 2 person room and it was average.

Great time here. Would recommend to a friend but it needs a better security system. Either have 24hr reception or a better way to keep people who arent supposed to be there out. Other than that no complaints!

View all San Sebastian Hostels