Urban House Reviews

2 Plaza Gipuzkoa, E Floor, San Sebastian, Spain

The staff forgot the booking deposit and wanted the whole sum. Our room was in another building, as we arrived it was not cleaned yet and there were no clean sheets. In the kitchen there was no water boiler, so we had to use a 4 liter cooking pot to make 2 cups of tea :-) The culmination was next morning. During the check out time there was no staff at the reception, I waited for about 15 minutes. I had to catch a bus, so I still have the key card and the hostel has 10 Euro key deposit.

Location was perfect but it was overpriced and dirty. Bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Rooms and stairwell had a weird bad smell that need went away. Kitchen was really messy and disorganized, also needed to be cleaned.

• 15th Apr 2014

Overall a great place to stay. Very plain but it gets the job done. Staff is very fun and informative. Met a lot of great people there, cause of the great atmosphere!

Excellent Staff! Only downside was temperamental lock on the room door that wouldn't open straight away (more like minutes)

The hostel was fine, really good location but lacking in character and the staff didn't seem to know much.

I liked urban house and had a decent time but the layout isn't set up to meet fellow travelers. Their public space area hours are very early and some of the staff wasn't the friendliest. Ultimately though, I had a good time and Caroline at the front desk was the most helpful! Thank you!

A cool Hostel with a cozy atmosphere and laid back people! The room was quite big and clean. The only negative thing was that there are way too less bathrooms available!

Overall it was a nice place to stay. It was a little annoying to have our room in the other location which is a couple blocks from check in. The bathrooms were not kept particularly clean, just average. We had a private 2 person room and it was average.

Great time here. Would recommend to a friend but it needs a better security system. Either have 24hr reception or a better way to keep people who arent supposed to be there out. Other than that no complaints!

This place was so horrible that I actually left after an hour. It was damp, mouldy, filthy and dark! I live in Spain, so I thankfully had the liberty to simply take a train back home after spending a few hours at the beach. Please don't stay here.

I thought Urban House was okay. There were maybe 3 other people in the hostel other than the staff, but that was because of the season, not the fault of the hostel. However, they do not allow alcohol or smoking on their premises, even the balconies, so that is something to consider. The staff were not Spanish or knowledgeable at all, but maybe they bring in new staff and train them during the off season? Rooms were fine, location was great. San Sebastian was a beautiful place.

Good spot near the beach, wasn't many people because you get split across 3 buildings. Pillows smelt and I got a electric shock off the extract fan in the kitchen.

1 2 3 Next » last »