Urban Oasis Reviews

5 W 31st Street, New York City, New York, USA

Really nice place to stay when going to NY. The staff is really well prepared to give you all the support needed on your trip, always providing information and the necessary tips. The environment is clean, modern and with new furnitures.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Excellent location, near the Empire state building and Downtown. Some rooms are really small but fonctionnals. If you are a tall person, just be carefull of what room you're booking, our bed was a little small for us. The lofts look nice, well decorated. It was comfy.

• 17th Jul 2014

Love my stay again at urban oasis!! Thank you, Can't wait too come back too ny!! The place is spot less, great location and had everything I needed!! Made my week so easy, will tell all mates about this place!! Love New York and this place was a great fined!!

My wife and children were a bit nervous about Urban Oasis. I felt good about it even before we booked it because of the reviews, but even upon arrival, my family was more nervous due to the street facade and elevator entrance. Once we got into our room, my wife and children felt much better about it. After spending five nights there, we were all very pleased with our choice. Urban Oasis is a great place in a great location—close to so much in Manhattan.

• 17th Jun 2014

Excellent-not really a hostel at all. More like an upmarket guesthouse, with spacious open plan living area, large well equipped kitchen and fridge, seating area with TV, netflix, music, computer and printer available to use. Excellent free wifi. Brilliant location in midtown Manhattan, 2 blocks from Empire State and metro links. Don't be put off by the fact it's listed as a hostel, or by the grotty-looking shared front door with no sign - up a secure key-operated lift it's totally different!

• 14th Jun 2014

Loved our stay. Staff were really nice and helpful. Location was perfect. Rooms were really nice and clean too. Cool living area with all things you could need. TV, kitchen, music etc

• 19th May 2014

By knowing the Urban Oasis marveled certainly be back.

• 8th May 2014

Great value place! Wonderful location!

• 7th May 2014

Loved the place. Needs to get another toilet urgently as queues in the morning. But staff great, location great. Lift a bit scary.

• 4th May 2014
  • Scotland

Our only complaint is that it would get loud very early in the morning (most days as early as 7 am), and the old floors were very creaky, so we would wake up when other guest got up to use the bathroom or came in late. But who needs sleep in the city that never sleeps!!

• 1st May 2014

This hostel is 6******. Is one of the best places I ever been. Only the price is a bit high (but is central NYC)! You must be attention that the prices listed here do not have taxes. I pay plus 150$ of taxes for a 5 nights reservation. Great wi-fi, great showers, great kitchen, great location...

The lift to to the hostel is unfortunately painfully slow, but nothing they can do about that. There was a strong emphasis on security, and an excellent location. The staff were pleasant, but a little short. I found the atmosphere fairly average, most of the people on level 10 were rarely there, and when there kept to themselves. Place was very clean, with people coming all the time to keep it that way. I wasn't too happy with the fee charged to pay via credit card as no mention of it prior.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Great place very central to everything you could want to see and do . Staff very helpful an polite . Could not fault it I,ve already ready recommended it to friends for there next trip . It

• 14th Mar 2014

Great place to stay. Very central location. Friendly staff. Very clean rooms and bathroom.

• 12th Mar 2014

Everything was perfect! The only tiny complaints we have are: there was a hot water pipe in the room that rattled and woke us up during the night. After the first few nights we learned to sleep through it. Also the bathrooms, although great and very clean, are positioned in the middle of the common area and have very very thin doors that do not block any sound. This can make for a slightly uncomfortable bathroom visit if there are other people around, especially because the hostel is so quiet.

• 9th Mar 2014

We asked the staff where the Empire State Building was and they had no idea. Turns out it was 2 blocks away. I said good morning to a guest one morning and then was told to keep the noise down as other guests were sleeping-if I had been noisy that would have been fair enough but I wasn't. Next morning again early the receptionist and the cleaner were chatting and laughing loudly which was annoying given I was told off for saying one word! Everything else was absolutely excellent and I woulda

• 27th Feb 2014

Thanks for your feedback and sorry about the inconvenience you experienced. There must be some misunderstanding about the Empire State Building, our windows look onto it! Plus we have flyers on display of the ESB as well as many other sights. We have quiet time between 10PM-8AM and we ask everyone to be considerate to those who wish to retire early or sleep late. Guests are reminded of this rule only in case the noise level might be disturbing to others. Thank you for your understanding.

Awesome place, very quiet, the staff was always willing to help and the location is excelent.

This place is unreal. Booked it from the high ratings it has received and was not disappointed. Our flight was delayed and the staff went over and above to help us in checking in and making sure that we were comfortable. We were situated on the top floor, which had a skylight looking up at the Empire State Building. Amazing location, cleaned daily and excellent communal kitchen facilities. Would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in NYC. Will definitely be back here!

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Cleaned daily and in a great location. Has a very scary lift though! Great staff, really helped me and my friend have a comfortable stay after some complications with travel arrangements. Thank you urban oasis!

Great spot, cool space, walls on the thinner side, but otherwise great.

• 3rd Feb 2014