Urban Oasis Reviews

5 W 31st Street, New York City, New York, New York, USA

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were wonderful and helpful, the room was fantastic and it was very pleasant, spacious and clean. Wish I had discovered it earlier, will definetly be staying again. Thankyou so much!

Walls were a lttle thin...

• 18th Oct 2013

Great location, friendly staff, good value for money! Thanks!

• 18th Sep 2013
  • Hungary

Jana, staff member, was lovely. The room was lovely. Would stay again

• 5th Sep 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. They were only too willing to go out of their way to help with sight seeing around New York. The hostel is kept very clean and our room was a good size. Urban Oasis is centrally located and close to Penn Station and the underground.

the street surrounding is not what I desire nor is the building entrance. However, once you arrive to Urban Oasis floor, you truly feel it's an Oasis. It's peaceful,very clean, the soft music playing during the day adds to the cozy feeling of temporary 'home' away from home. The staff is very kind, respectful, helpful and very responsible. We actually booked reservations this year because Yana was wonderful when my daughter and I visited last year during college visit.

Great place to stay if you want a very quiet, clean and comfortable place to relax after a day of traveling and site- seeing. The staff was very respectful and nice. There was always someone keeping the place tidy and neat. Our first day in New York was a rough one. It was pouring rain and the staff was nice enough to provide umbrellas for the customers to use. Overall great experience.

• 13th Aug 2013

Was a bit surprised that under no circumstances were we allow visitors, would have been ok if we had been told before hand.

• 11th Aug 2013

Sorry about the inconvenience you experienced. Urban Oasis is a private loft with limited facilities, and we have to make sure our facilities are available for guests staying with us. We also have to abide by the strict fire safety code of NYC that limits the number of people staying in any given space. We must ensure the convenience and safety of our own guests before anything else. Thank you for your understanding.

Had a great time in the hostel, felt very comfortable and like being home. The staff was really nice and helped us whenever we needed something. Our room was in the 10th floor. The day we arrived the elevator was broken, so we hadnt to pay for the first night! Our room was small but comfortable, we had 2 shared bathrooms, a shared kitchen and livingroom. The location is fantastic, in middle of everything.

Excellent hostel, clean and very nice, looks like a loft and recently refurnished. in New York dowtown nearby the Empire State building. The lift broke down but the waitress helped us lift down our luggage and we got a financial compensation.

• 2nd Aug 2013

You guys were great and we really enjoyed our stay here! This place is everything a hostel should be like :-) Thanks for helping us out

Very nice place to stay in NYC. The apartment was quiet, clean, and nicely decorated. Not a typical "party" hostel with dorm rooms so if you are looking for that experience go elsewhere, but if you want a nice place to stay with a friend downtown this place is awesome. I stayed in the budget room with my sister and it was comfortable. No window, but not a big deal since we weren't there much anyway. There was a personal AC unit in our room: big bonus in the plus 40 weather! Highly recommend!

• 7th Jul 2013

Great hostel in a great location for a good price. NYC is notoriously expensive anyway, and this is a good compromise of a mix of hostel and hotel. We stayed for 6 nights in the superior room which was spacious by NYC standards, although it would have been good to have a little more storage. The entrance lobby/door is not that welcoming, but once you make the trip up in the escalator you will be pleasantly surprised! Very friendly staff, clean and good facilities too.

I really enjoyed my stay there. Everything was very clean, well organised and attention to small detail. Real value for money. The staff was very helpful and kind!

• 27th Jun 2013
  • South Africa

Very nice located, fancy and safe. also friendly staff. And I feel like an american home stay. If I visit new york again, I'll stay here. And I'll recommend this hostel for my friend.

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • South Korea

Love it!!!

• 17th Jun 2013

Great setup, really nice to have a quiet guesthouse-like experience. Clean, comfortable They have a good setup.

It was perfect!

• 7th Jun 2013
  • Slovakia

Perfect place. Not luxury, but good value for money in manhattan, excellent location, close to all.

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Chile

The staff was helpful, friendly and outgoing. It smelled fresh and clean each evening when we returned home. I've stayed in hostels in other cities where other guests were more outgoing, forming short term friendships. Peace, quiet and calm reinforced by gentle jazz playing early and late made the stay refreshing. ideally located 2 minute walk from empire state and 5 from the flat iron, i was delighted with the location, felt secure and loved every minute there.

• 25th May 2013