Urban Pack Reviews

Unit 1410, 14/F, HaiPhong, Mansion, 99-101 Nathan, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I had a fantastic one night stay here. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It's probably THE best place for a lone backpacking traveller looking for either a great base camp location for exploring HK or a den to crawl into after partying all night. Don't expect a 5-star hotel when booking a 'packer hostel. Its rating is mostly dragged down by people who expect an unreasonable standard, rating close to minimum out of spite. It's incredible value for its price, believe you me :)

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

The folks were fantastic and I met so many wonderful people! Thanks a bunch!!! :)

Very small beds. Extreme tiny room with no window.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Poland

The hostel was very noisy during night time due to loud music and people drinking in the common room. It is a nice place if you want to party, but not if you just want to chill. The facility is clean but rooms and bathrooms are very very tiny. Location is good.

Great hostel, good backpacker vibe and clean facilities, etc. However, I very much disliked their "event arranger" Sam (long curly hair), who leads groups to overpriced, tacky bars/ clubs, in which he is certainly receiving a commission. For advertising themselves as a hip backpacker hostel, I would expect to be led to more off-the-beaten-path, hip, backpacker places, instead of this swank bullshit (110 hkd for a gin n tonic). Also, he would blatantly hit on and grope girls on these outings.

• 16th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you're not happy about our club night. First of all, just to verify all the activities that we organized for our guests were completely free and we didn't take any commission from any clubs or bars. It just happened there was a special event in that club and Sam was a VIP. Please realize all of the clubs in Hong Kong are charging the same price for drinks and some even charge admission. It is always a choice for you to choose to buy drink at 7-11.

This was one of the best backpackers that I have stayed in. It has a great location, the staff are fantastic, it is clean and the atmosphere was really great during my stay. I shall definitely be returning to Hong Kong and I will definitely make this my place of choice to stay again.

• 12th Sep 2014

great location and i met wonderful people there. im going to stay at urban pack again if i could go to HK next time.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Fun times in Hong Kong thanks to Urban Pack! Great for solo travellers and friends alike... I'll be coming back in November! Thanks guys!

• 10th Sep 2014

Loved it. Second time at urban pack. Would happily stay there again.

Best hostel ever. The place to be in HK!

• 5th Sep 2014

Very small space but that's normal for Hong Kong! Great location, helpful staff, and very close to the A21 bus stop, which is definitely the best way to and from the airport. Air con worked really well and the beds are very comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again :-)

This place is amazing! Big thanks to Ben, Greg and Sam for showing us around Lang Kwai Fong and all the 7Elevens it has to offer. The staff are friendly and help with everything possible. The social side of this hostel is outstanding.

Urban Pack hostel is, without a doubt, the best hostel in Hong Kong! The location is amazing (close to Tsim Sha Tsui metro) which is centrally located and close to major attractions. The staff at Urban Pack are also awesome - I have never been to a hostel with such accommodating and welcoming staff (thanks guys!!!). They make your stay a special and memorable one. If I'm back in HK, I'll look foward to staying here again. :)

I stayed in the women's dorm--the space is small, but it's very well set up. All the facilities are newish and very clean (so envious of those fancy shower heads!) and the whole place feels a bit more stylish than a typical backpacker hostel. Dorm beds were comfy and I slept well (with earplugs on, but I often use those anyway). Guests and staff were all a pretty young and chatty group. I'll definitely try to stay here if I come to Hong Kong by myself again.

Small rooms of course, but that's normal for HK. Nice atmosphere. They are really doing their best. Awesome hostel! Would definitely stay here again.

Such a family/community-like atmosphere! Everyone was very welcoming and inviting, had a chill feel to the whole place and such a convenient location! Small as hostels go in the Tsim Sha Tsui area but the beds are comfortable, showers are excellent, the staff is extremely hospitable and accommodating! I live in mainland China and this was my fourth time to Hong Kong, but it was my first time staying at this hostel. I think it will be a go-to from now on. Thanks guys for a great stay!

It's a cool hostel, pretty small like all places in HK are, good location and cool common areas where you can meet others, but the only major flaw was that when I arrived I'd to wait a few extra hours to check in. This was similar for most people, who often had to wait until 4/5pm. I was so tired and jetlagged it really ruined my mood. Otherwise it was a pretty cool place.

The best hostel! Unbeatable location, Good value for money, Friendly staff (more roommate than staff), clean rooms , shower with a style, thick mattress in a dorm room, what more can you expect? Also, the hostel is a good example to show the owner's wisdom of using limited space, HK style, very impressive. The rooms are rather small, but you feel kinda of ok when relaxing on the bed after walking on the street the whole day. :-)

Only stayed 1 night, but really enjoyed it! The owners are known for taking the hostel clients out every night to different bars/clubs, although they're more like one of us than the owners of the hostel, which at times is a little unprofessional. The hostel is small, but I was welcomes straight away by other backpackers and given tons of advice. If I went back to Hong Kong, I'd definitely stay again.

Lovely crew. Lovely place .

• 16th Aug 2014