Urban Pack Reviews

Unit 1410, 14/F, HaiPhong, Mansion, 99-101 Nathan, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Urban Pack was a nice hostel. It seemed a little expensive, but the price seemed on par for Hong Kong. If I had more time, I would've taken advantage of the many social events planned by the hostel staff for the guests to get to know each other and Hong Kong more. The only complaint that I have is regarding the placement of the ac in the blue room. It was placed on the wall behind a supporting beam, which blocks a lot of the air flow. Bed 1 didn't ever cool off until around 5 am every night.

Awesome location and great staff, which helped me a lot, although they charge to keep your bags in the common area after the checkout.

I stayed at urban pack for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay there. Everyone was super nice and helpful, even though the hostel is rather small (normal for Hong Kong) it had an amazing atmosphere and you can tell the staff puts a lot of effort into their hostel. If you plan on staying in Hong Kong for some nights I can only recommend on booking a room at urban pack!

• 15th Jun 2015

very nice bathrooms. could not ask for a better location, walking distance to transit, ferries, and the bay(awesome skyline) a little on the smaller/ quite side but after a long travelling period it made the perfect last stop. hostel hosts bbqs and other pub events. would stay here again. ac works well, showers are great and as said before you can not beat the location. elevator up is a little annoying but with a little patience everything is ok.

gd. the hostel owner ws really friendly & he filled the hostel life wit programmes and coolness. Sometimes the guests were too lazy to find out abt hk, he actually went the distance to explain everything in details. he had explained the same thing to 7-8 guests tt morning! (pls dont punish him. do your hw!) - except that he kept me waiting for a long time LA(just smile). Very cool interior but weird building - this is HK. Room is too small.. in pictures, it looks spacious. Guests are friendly

Great environment

• 9th Jun 2015

Very convenient location. Very small hostel, making it hard to hang out in communal space. Rooms themselves small but clean etc. Quite awkward that the hostel is split over levels of this apartment building and the only access between them are elevators that have to go to Ground before going up to Reception (lvl 14). They got our booking wrong, which was very frustrating, but they were able to fix it so we slept in the kind of room we had booked on our second night and gave us a discount.

Awesome location, right at the centre of the city and across the street from a metro station - a bit pricier than my usual hostel of choice, but completely worth it! Very clean with facilities that looked very new. The atmosphere was great, everyone was willing to meet new people and party together! Will definitely come back when next in Hong Kong

I loved the hostel! I'll be back.

I had a great stay at urban pack. There was a problem with my room key but this was quickly sorted out by the friendly reception staff. I slept well and was very impressed with the cleanliness and location of the hostel. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

• 1st Jun 2015

Hostel was in a great location and had an organised event each evening, which was a great way to meet people. Would stay again.

• 26th May 2015

Great location very close to the visa office which was the reason for my trip HK. The guys on reception were very friendly and welcoming, they upgraded my room to a private room due to their system error, they were quick to solve their errors and made you feel at home in their hostel. The bathrooms are shared but are all at a very clean and modern, the showers are awesome! this hostel is one of the better hostels I've stayed in in HK and I would definitely stay there again.

• 25th May 2015

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you in the near future as well! Cheers Urban Packers!

I stayed at Urban Pack for a week and had an amazing experience. The staff is super friendly and helpful and they provide community events almost every night that are usually really fun. The showers are nice/new and everything was very clean. I was on the 15th floor and had an amazing view of HK from the free to use massage chair. Definitely would recommend!

• 24th May 2015

The hostel is broken into different units in the same building. it is very small as expected of Hongkong, but the location is really convenient. It's right in the middle of TST, right next to the MTR station. Staying here for 3 nights and although it is very small it was a good place to stay if you want to be near the harbour.

Thank you for staying with us and as you have mention we are a small but cozy hostel. Hong Kong is a small city so it is very hard to find a huge unit and turn it into a hostel but we will keep this in mind so that when we find a new bigger unit it will be our next project. Hope to see you back in the near future! Cheers Urban Packers!

Great location and amazing staff!!! Arrived after check-in hrs and after notifying the staff of this received instructions on how to get in via phone as well email and was able to get a good nights sleep and go through the check-in procedure the next morning. Also love, that besides being super friendly and helpful, they have social activities every night :)

• 23rd May 2015
  • Sweden

Definitely wise to stay here versus the mansion with the majority of hostels in HK. Very easy to find and 30 feet from the MRT. Staff was somewhat helpful--by accident, I left something behind in the hostel. Called and e-mailed trying to confirm it was still there and was a bit disappointed they didn't get back to me at all. It's also a bit strange how all of the rooms are on different floors, but that shouldn't discourage people from this hostel--still very easy to meet people!

It was a really nice hostel! Although a bit sad that it was separated on different floors quite far from each other. But they made up for it with all the activities every night. The staff was really nice and helped you with everything and invited you to do stuff every night. The ac was great and the showers to. Had a great time here and would stay here again.

Everyone was so friendly and the vibe made it really easy to meet people. All of the nightly activities were really fun, too. I'm not sure I've ever made friends so quickly as I did in this hostel!

Great job, our group of ~10 people loved our stay there. The staff was more than helpful and catered to all of our needs to the best of their ability. The lobby, which includes a bar and small kitchen, was great for meeting other people. Overall, a really nice hostel that really impressed.

The staff at Urban Pack were outstanding and the facilities were kept relatively clean. The only complaint I have is about people using our common areas who were not staying with us. I liked Mo as a person but I don't think he should be in our common area making dinner at 11pm, leaving stinky food in the trash, showering there, leaving dirty dishes in the sink or clean dishes in the drying rack all day and so on. If you are going to use the shared facilities then you should be staying there.

• 14th May 2015