Urban Pack Reviews

Unit 1410, 14/F, HaiPhong, Mansion, 99-101 Nathan, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Everyone was so friendly and the vibe made it really easy to meet people. All of the nightly activities were really fun, too. I'm not sure I've ever made friends so quickly as I did in this hostel!

The staff at Urban Pack were outstanding and the facilities were kept relatively clean. The only complaint I have is about people using our common areas who were not staying with us. I liked Mo as a person but I don't think he should be in our common area making dinner at 11pm, leaving stinky food in the trash, showering there, leaving dirty dishes in the sink or clean dishes in the drying rack all day and so on. If you are going to use the shared facilities then you should be staying there.

• 14th May 2015

If you have a late flight and want only to leave your bag after 1 pm, they will charge you 50 Hong Kong dollar. I didn't like, but you can also that a shower. Check the online price, it was cheaper than booking with them. Perfect location, nice hostel, nice staff, especially the chile guy! Room is really small, but this is Hong Kong. Toilets and shower are also small, but ok and clean. They could clean the bedroom sometime. Easy to meet people, they have some day activities.

Great interior design and art. Good location. Small ass rooms. I stayed in a private room and it was a single bed plus 30cm diameter around it. The dimensions would be 1.5x 2m. Smaller than my walk in pantry at home. Real small. But that's Hong Kong for you. Nice manager. Staff otherwise a little clueless.

Amazing hostel and perfect location! However, the best was the staff, especially Willy, who was the coolest and most helpful staff I have met during my 3 month trip!

• 10th May 2015

Awesome hostel! I was in HK for 7 days - this hostel is perfectly located in the centre of everything in Kowloon, and right next to an MTR stop, so getting out to explore the rest of HK was super easy. As a solo traveller, this place was also perfect for meeting new people. The owners were lovely, and Willie (the activities coordinator) was often around for a chat and to organise a group activity for the day. I had a great time in HK and owe a lot of it to this place, so thanks lots mates!

Really cool, modern set up. I liked the extra touches like the touchscreen computer and massage chair.

Excellent location and comfy beds.

Albert and Jason (owners) are very friendly and from Toronto Canada they operate this multi floor hostel. The location is excellent a short walk to the Harbor, Macau Ferry, Night Market, Airport Bus and MRT are on the same block. Urban Pack has different events planned for each day of the week Jason does the lunch tour and Willy does the hiking and the night Party tours. I stayed 8 days and enjoyed my stay. Remember this is Hong Kong rooms are smaller prices are higher.

The hostel has a unique character to it, with the designs and layout. Very modern facilities (ie. Toilet, shower, sink) however, it is Hong Kong, everything is small and narrow, but you get what you paid for - a place to sleep. The common rooms are quite small, I personally liked the 5th floor one, because it had a couch! Overall, I would recommend this hostel to anyone that loves to be in the centre of it all. The location was amazing, I could walk to the pier and enjoy the view or take the MRT

I really like this place and the hosts. Thanks for hosting me at this wonderful place. Can I suggest to use some charcoal to remove the stale air smell in the room? Thats because there are no windows, didnt affect my stay though. The airport bus stop is less than 20m away from the building. Turn left and there are many eateries nearby.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Lived up to the typical hostel standards. Comfortable bed, excellent wifi and clean bathroom. I stayed in their 2 bed dorm and I didn't find its too cramped nor noisy at night. I think they tried to spare up more space in the common for everyone to share instead of put all the sq. footage in the room . Best part of all was the events they put up every night. I went with the group 3 nights in a roll to horserace, night market and LKF. All to all a solid hostel. Owners & staffs are super nice!

I come to Hong Kong frequently and have never stayed anywhere so welcoming and friendly as Urban Pack. It is the perfect place to meet new and exciting people, whether you are travelling alone or as a group. All of the staff will go the extra mile to help you with any issues and are a great fountain of knowledge on where to eat, drink and hang out in Hong Kong. Also the showers are amazing xD

• 12th Apr 2015

Communal space virtually non existent, beds very shaky - felt quite unstable. Hostel staff not especially helpful, place generally quite unfriendly.

• 8th Apr 2015

Urban Pack was a good base for our stay in Hong Kong. The double room was a feat in squeezing a toilet/shower and bed into one room- only just enough space for two backpacks to fit as well. The hostel is spread out over a few different floors which makes it tricky to have much atmosphere but it was clean, conveniently located and relatively quiet. We would probably look for somewhere with a bit more space next time.

Thank you for staying at our hostel and thank you for your valuable feedbacks. Hong Kong is a small city which it would be hard to find a big place and turn it into a hostel but this will be our future project and also we can arrange you into a bigger place next time when you come back to visit HK! Cheers

Good hostel! Easy to meet other travellers as every night at 10pm you have the option to meet in the common room have a few drinks and head out into the Hong Kong nightlife!

Thank you for staying at our hostel and we hope to see you coming back in the near future! Cheers Urban Packers!

I stayed in a single that was so small I could not even lay out my suitcase on the floor. Outside the room was a bunch of wasted space, so I think they could have constructed this much better. I have seen people use small space creatively, but this just wasn't. The hostel was spread out on a bunch of different floors and some of the elevators only went down so trying to access any social/common areas was just too much inconvenience. The bed was as hard as a rock and I did not sleep well at all.

Dear Ashely, thank you for staying with us for one night. We had upgraded you into our single bed room from your original booked 4 bed dorm due to the fact that you had a cold and we didn't want you to be infectious to others. However, the wasted space you mentioned is our computer lounge designed to be a chill out area on that particular floor. Our larger common room is located on 5th floor so it won't be a problem you to come down from 10th floor. Anyway hope you are getting better now! J@UP

Only stayed here one night but would definitely stay here again when I'm back in HK. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and modern rooms, and awesome shower facilities. This place is designed for you to have an awesome time in HK. Also, there's a bus service (A21) to the airport which is 50 feet from the hostel entrance and only takes one hour for HK50!

The location is super! Few steps for tube station and bus stop(CityFlyer). If you finding an accomodation which is cheap in TST, I would definitely recommend here for your stay. :) 교통편이 최상입니다(지하철역, 공항버스). 침사추이에서 저렴한 숙소를 찾는다면 이 곳을 추천합니다.

Great place. No complaints. It's a lot of fun. Meet alot if people