Urban Pack Reviews

Unit 1410, 14/F, HaiPhong, Mansion, 99-101 Nathan, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It is a solid hostel in a decent location in on of the largest cities. I was happy with my stay but would probably book a guest house next time. This could be because I am getting a bit old for hostels.

I had a very average stay at Urban Pack. Pros: secure, clean, organized, good amenities. Cons: atmosphere. For example, there are rules lists everywhere, including things like, "Take a 15 minute shower." The staff were pretty nice but I found difficult to access because there's only one person at the front desk to check in, check out, and offer help. And more than once, staff gave me wrong advice about something related to the city. Not a bad stay, but I'm not compelled to return.

Everything was perfect except one thing. We had stayed 3 days in 10th Floor. Our air-conditional was leaking. So lots of waters dropped out of the air-conditional. I asked to fix it but there was no responds. so we just put some towels under the air-conditional. haha. but except that one, everything was lovely such as location, friendly staff, cleaning condition etc.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Great hostel! The staff were super helpful and the location is perfect - 10 minutes to the pier. We were disappointed by the lockers in the room, they are a lot smaller than the pictures lead us to believe. The building is also separated onto multiple levels, with elevators that only go to even or odd numbered floors, so a lot of time is spent waiting to go from your floor to reception/ground. This creates a bit of a void between you and other travelers, but there are great commons on each floor

Best hostel I've stayed at. Clean, tidy, comfy bed, nice shower, cool atmosphere, activities, trips,great staff...!!

• 9th Jul 2015

Had a great stay here! Thanks to jimmy and willy for making this place awesome. It has a very familiar feeling, so you get to know people really quick and they organize group events every day like hikes to the beach, bbq on the roof or partying so they connect all the travelers. Would definitively come back. Very close (1 min walk) to the train station so perfect location to explore HK

Great location! Good, comfortable hostel. Small common room. 50HKD charge to store bags in hallway

Very small rooms, but cozy beds. The highlight of this hostel is the daily board of activities they organize so there's always something to do. The lowlight is how dirty it is under the beds and behind the lockers and who knows where else.. I think it's a little overpriced for what you get in the end, but you're probably mostly paying for the excellent location.

Great hostel!!! Amazing staff, lots of activities and really clean!

The location/price were excellent, it was surrounded by lots of restaurants, next to the subway & busy Nathan Rd, just a few blocks from the awe inspiring view of Victoria Harbor. The rooms are tiny & the common space miniscule. I stayed in a cramped room with 4 people, but it is in HK! I think the bathroom was larger than both. There was no space to chill, unless you were the only person in the common area. At bedtime it was loud & the staff were not around to quiet it down, so bring earplugs.

• 26th Jun 2015

Accommodation in kaolin is hard to get, expensive and the facilities are very very small. These guys are very friendly that run it but we were staying in a different location to that shown on the map. So their was abit of shagging around checking in. We stayed in anew apartment recently kitted out very nicely but the planning is not very good. Tiny rooms and 1 bathroom / toilet between 8 people. But ok otherwise.

Urban Pack was a nice hostel. It seemed a little expensive, but the price seemed on par for Hong Kong. If I had more time, I would've taken advantage of the many social events planned by the hostel staff for the guests to get to know each other and Hong Kong more. The only complaint that I have is regarding the placement of the ac in the blue room. It was placed on the wall behind a supporting beam, which blocks a lot of the air flow. Bed 1 didn't ever cool off until around 5 am every night.

Awesome location and great staff, which helped me a lot, although they charge to keep your bags in the common area after the checkout.

I stayed at urban pack for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay there. Everyone was super nice and helpful, even though the hostel is rather small (normal for Hong Kong) it had an amazing atmosphere and you can tell the staff puts a lot of effort into their hostel. If you plan on staying in Hong Kong for some nights I can only recommend on booking a room at urban pack!

• 15th Jun 2015

very nice bathrooms. could not ask for a better location, walking distance to transit, ferries, and the bay(awesome skyline) a little on the smaller/ quite side but after a long travelling period it made the perfect last stop. hostel hosts bbqs and other pub events. would stay here again. ac works well, showers are great and as said before you can not beat the location. elevator up is a little annoying but with a little patience everything is ok.

gd. the hostel owner ws really friendly & he filled the hostel life wit programmes and coolness. Sometimes the guests were too lazy to find out abt hk, he actually went the distance to explain everything in details. he had explained the same thing to 7-8 guests tt morning! (pls dont punish him. do your hw!) - except that he kept me waiting for a long time LA(just smile). Very cool interior but weird building - this is HK. Room is too small.. in pictures, it looks spacious. Guests are friendly

Great environment

• 9th Jun 2015

Very convenient location. Very small hostel, making it hard to hang out in communal space. Rooms themselves small but clean etc. Quite awkward that the hostel is split over levels of this apartment building and the only access between them are elevators that have to go to Ground before going up to Reception (lvl 14). They got our booking wrong, which was very frustrating, but they were able to fix it so we slept in the kind of room we had booked on our second night and gave us a discount.

Awesome location, right at the centre of the city and across the street from a metro station - a bit pricier than my usual hostel of choice, but completely worth it! Very clean with facilities that looked very new. The atmosphere was great, everyone was willing to meet new people and party together! Will definitely come back when next in Hong Kong

I loved the hostel! I'll be back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5