Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

It was my second time in Urbany, and it was even better! Overall the whole experience was outstanding and highly interesting and enjoyable. The staff were welcoming and full of tips, in this hostel you will have a small world happy to help you at any time with all kind of information. In general is Super social and that's when it gets better, I made friends in a split second. Out of nowhere, the whole hostel knew one another. And at midnight, the staff took us out to party!

Well located for my needs and a particular care to details: female room had a hair dryer+hair straightener (really impressed!). They have lockers and charging boxes. My first impression about staff wasn't so good ( it took 24 hours to reply to a simple request I made by mail) but I must admit that once there everybody was very helpful, kind,they gave me tons of tips and helped me a lot: well done, guys! Breakfast is what you can expect from a hostel (cereals, bread, jam, coffe, juice, fruits)

I loved Urbany Hostel of Barcelona, it's a good place to stay.

Great Atmosphere and Staff, I noticed our room had a locker with clothes and towels that didn't belong to anyone in the room. the bathroom had a moldy ceiling and was swelling this left a smell throughout the room. We did have the Hotel Manager/owner and two other gentlemen come into the room to look at the ceiling, so i don't know if they were aware of the situation. If you could extend the breakfast for another half hour would help the people who have been up all night clubbing :D

Not only urbany hostel offers services of good quality, the people who work there are always helpful, gentle, in the mood to talk, as friends and not just as workers and clients.

• 8th Jan 2014

I really like the hostel, I was amazed and want to spent more days in that hostel. However, the only inconvinient is the closing time of the terrace 11:30.

It's a good hostel, the dorms are nice, each bed has is own plug and locker. About the staff some were really nice and heplful but others were just so rude and acted like we disturbed them. If you don't mind taking the subway to go to the city center the location isn't too bad.

The bedding package was not clean and the staff were not helpful

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

We are surprised for the accident you faced with the bedding package; our policy at the hostel indicates that each customer receives a new blanket/pillow cover wrapped in a plastic bag and extremely clean. And about the staff we are very disappointed by the descriptions in the review cause we always try our best to provide a good experience for our travelers and in this case we apologize for not being able to reach your expectations. We hope to see you again at our hostel!

everything is great!!! except the number of shower is not that enough, especially for the 6beds or 8beds room

the hostel 's location is pretty good ,but there is no free drinking water for customer ,anyway ,it is good for introducing this hostel

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Macau

Probably the worst hostel breakfast I've ever had. The variety was fine, but the quality was terrible. The location was pretty inconvenient for sightseeing, although the surrounding neighbourhood was nice. The beds were comfortable and the ensuite bathrooms were clean and quite nice. The kitchen was disgusting and not well equipped. I wouldn't recommend it for solo or long term travellers.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with our "all you can eat free breakfast",but I'm pleased to inform you that we are working to improve its quality.Very soon we will be offering a better quality of coffee and juices,and we will also add to the list some salami,ham and cheese.About the kitchen sometimes is hard to control it,because not everyone wash their dishes after cooking, but we´ll pay more attention to it.I want to welcome you back to Urbany so you can see the the improvements.

2nd stay this time. extremely happy. But they should not charge for bed sheets!.. that is basic.

Meh. I was recommended this place from people in another hostel and I was totally unimpressed. It is a mile away from anything in a sketchy part of town. I would never recommend this place and would not stay here again

We are always pleased to read our customers reviews since it is a way to improve our service and increase our customer's satisfaction.Nevertheless our hostel is located in a safe and calm area,3 minutes walking distance from the metro station,and it takes less than ten minutes to be in the city center.The hostel is also surrounded by touristic places such as Sagrada Familia,and not far from the beach as well.We apologize for the disappointment you had experienced,and we hope to see you again.

ABSOLUTE WORST BREAKFAST. The coffee was terrible, the cereal was tasteless, and the jam was basically liquid and also tasteless. If you're staying here, you might as well wait for one of those 1,95-2,50 euro coffee and pastry breakfast deals anywhere in the city. Other than that, the place was close to the metro which not only takes you around the city but also to the airport.

I am pleased to inform you that we are working on improving our ‘’ all you can eat free breakfast’’. Very soon we will be offering a better quality of coffee and juices, and we will also add to the list some salami, ham and cheese. We hope that by improving our breakfast our customers will be receiving the value they expect. Thank you for your comment and hope to see you again in Urbany hostel! Best regards, Urbany Staff

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! However it definitely is for the younger crowd probably 18-30. It has a social zone with a tv, computers, a bar and a lovely terrace. The breakfast is nowhere near as bad as others have said, yes its not 5* but we werent paying for 5*. It is 30 seconds walk from clot metro meaning you could be at the sagrada familia in 5 minutes and plaza catalunya in 10. There is a shop across the road and bars in the local area also. Overall a great place to stay!

I really think I never had such value/money quality in my Hostel-life. Will recommend for sure.

If you stay in Barcelona, here's your place. Location a block from a tram, less than 5 minutes from Torre Agbar (and grocery stores, mall, pharmacy, several small restaurants, and Starbucks if needed.) Staff friendly and accommodating. Clean linens. Key cards that work both to your room and the main entrance overnight. Lockers to rent during the day if you have to check out before your flight leaves the city, very reasonably priced. Not sure what else you want for this price. Basically a hotel.

• 29th Nov 2013

There was a leak on the roof on above the shower that came from the shower of the room above mine. I informed it 3 times and they did nothing about it. Other than that everything was okay.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

We are very thankful for your time to write a review. On behalf of our staff I would like to apologize for the leak, and for not handling the problem well. We hope to see you again in our hostel!Best regards, Urbany Staff

This hostel was neat. The reception desk was a pain, only two people at the counter with computers that are extremely slow, when there were so many people always in the reception lobby area. 3rd floor had more desks/chairs than just places to hang out, it was really awkward meeting other people this way. Wish I would have known the times for the pool ahead of time, thought it would be open much longer. Loved the hair straighteners in the Pink Rooms (very useful). Breakfast should be till 1030!

We would like to thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are working on improving our services, and especially our software system. Concerning our 3rd floor, we try to offer a variety of services such as the bar, TV, computers with internet, sofas, as well as the nice terrace, where customers can meet and socialize. We are pleased to hear that our our pink rooms specialized for girls were helpful. We apologize for not being able to reach your expectations. Hope to see you again!

Urbany is a brilliant home base for exploring Barcelona. Easily accessible to the city and major tourist destinations. Rooms are large, clean and the vibe here is fantastic!