Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

We enjoyed the events the hostel put on like the 5e dinner, and the staff was super nice.. Especially in the common room/bartenders.

Atmosphere is amazing, common room staff and people staying there are super friendly, there are good laugh and always happy to have a chat or provide directions. There is also a bar in the hostel serving drinks with good prices, and Barcelona is great for partying!. I can't wait to go back again.

• 14th May 2014
  • Mexico

We stayed at the Urbany for almost 6 days while doing a euro trip with my girlfriends. It was an unreal experiance! We definitely enjoyed the hostel as it had a great facility, location and an unreal staff. We would most definitely come back :)

• 9th May 2014

Great hostel with helpful staff and services and an atmosphere for all types of travelers of all ages. At first i thought it was located a bit far from city center but now i think it was for the best: you have plenty of transports and the area is very calm at night, allowing you to sleep and rest.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Accommodation rate is reasonable and have comfortable facilities. Common room staff were phenomenal, we had an incredible time parting and chilling, they were games and live music around, also always a smiling face for my million and one questions. The hostel is really close to the city's heart by metro, like 5 minutes. no complaints at all.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

Fantastic staff! In particular the ones of the 3rd floor! Really helpful and knowledgeable. The location was good, very well connected. We would 100% come back to the hostel!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

I am vacationing with my 21 year old as we both return from Afghanistan and I cannot tell you what a pleasant surprise it was to come here. The 3 rd floor outside area was fabulous along with your employee " Bobby". He took us under his wing and showed both of us memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you for the great service and accomidations.

• 25th Apr 2014

Staff was very helpful! Breakfast was average, but breakfast nonetheless. Luggage storage was good. A quick walk from the Clot L1 (red line) station!

• 25th Apr 2014

Great place, runs like a hotel! Also free breakfast is amazing, never get rid of it….or you will lose your customers.

This hostel is in the middle of nowhere and is a child friendly hostel. It accommodates several large families while I was there who were mostly children. These children stayed up until 11pm minimum and took over the common room

Nevertheless our hostel is located in a safe and calm area, 3 minutes walking distance from the metro station with the central line 1, that takes less than 10 minutes to get to Pl. Catalunya. The hostel is also surrounded by touristic places such as Sagrada Familia, Agbar building, National theater, Encants Market, etc, and close to the beach as well. In our common room we do activities everyday and we try to create an atmosphere for all types of travelers of all ages. Thank you for your review!

This hostel was great and extremely comfortable. I have just two suggestions for Urbany. Firstly, please advise customers that exercise room and spa facilities are no longer included in the price beforehand. And secondly, being that the rooms are small, we should be allowed to open the window to let in fresh air.

• 18th Apr 2014

Definitely the best hostel in which I have stayed so far!Staff is really fun,outgoing,and ready to help you and make your stay in Barcelona wondeful!The location is really good,just one minute from the metro and the building has a big terrace,which is the ideal place to spend a sunny afternoon and meet new people from around the world!Don't miss the chance to take advantage of the free entrance to the biggest clubs of the city with the hostel card,and just enjoy Barcelona-the best city in europe

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Staff friendly and knowledgable,travel desk was great. Loved the evening activities arranged by staff which was good for meeting fellow travellers from around the world and going party afterwords. 100 % Recommended!!

• 13th Apr 2014

Probably the best hostel that I've stayed in my Europe trip. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

Sheets are a necessity and guests should NOT be expected to pay for something so basic. Bathrooms/showers are in subpar condition and need repair. Common room is picnic style tables so it feels awkward. No organized pub crawls, dinners, or walking tours. No privacy curtains on beds. Location sucks. Closest sights are a far walk to sagrada familia or far walk to razzmatazz. A 1+ hour walk to city center/las rambla. Staff wouldn't even look up when you walked in. Would not rec for solo travelers

Everyday we have activities including tapas made by our staff, then we go parting to the best clubs like Opium and Shoko(free entry) as you can read in other reviews.There is a bar, TV, computers/internet, sofas, great terrace, etc. For the Walking tours we have Sandeman doing it, worldwide known company. BCN has a great metro system, in front of the hostel you have line 1 that takes you to Ramblas in less than 10 minutes. Sagrada and Razz are 15 minutes walking distance. Thanks for the review!

My stay was great! Staff was helpful and friendly and we had no problems at all with our rooms. The atmosphere was lots of fun. They have a great terrace with amazing views. There were planned activities like tapas and karaoke at night for those who want to go out at night. During the day there is an infopoint with plenty of information for things to see and places to go. I will definitely be staying here when I return.

• 11th Apr 2014

the only problem is that everything that you want extra is very expensive: locker, towel and etc. but I had a great time! really good, clean!

The hostel was in a good location.The staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful, a lot of information was given. Urbany was a very sociable place to be for a single traveller, I felt safe and I never felt alone unless I wanted to be ! I was surprised at how good it was and the age range of the people staying there it was totally inclusive of all age ranges. I highly recommend Urbany to any traveller. The tapas night was perfect and it was a great atmosphere, good fun. I'll be back.

There were 2 girls working in the reception during the mornings, and they were really helpful and kind: we got to buy tickets from the reception to la sagrada familia and the sightseeing buses which was nice. The rooms and beds were really comfy, and clean. The breakfast on the other hand weren´t that impressive. It was free (or included in the price) but there wasn´t much to choose from, and it was a little dirty as well.

alright hostel, nice friendly staff who made sure you were enjoying yourself and who let us have a little bit of fun and drinking games. Many underage and large groups made you constantly feel in the way or out of place. Though the rooms were really small (i had to play ´footsies´with the bed next to mine because we didnt have enough room the steam, gym, suana and pool was pretty neat.