Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Fantastic hostel, very helpful staff, clean and includes free breakfast which is always a plus! Location isn't so great but there is a tube and train line nearby that takes you to all the mains sites so still great! Only main issue is the wifi situation: sometimes it works great, other times it continuously cuts off. Also they want all your social network details which I didn't feel comfortable sharing. Apart from those two small bumps, definitely recommend it for young travellers

My friends and I loved this hostel!! The atmosphere was really cool, especially on the 3rd floor common area. There was always something going on or cool people to hang out with. The terrace and bar area is huge- biggest/nicest I've ever seen for a hostel. The staff was great and they have this awesome deal every night to go to one of the different clubs on a party bus. If you're looking to meet a lot of cool people and experience the barcelona nightlife, stay here!

• 17th Jul 2014

This is one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. The rooms are nice with huge lockers for each person and bathrooms in the rooms. Reception staff was nice and very helpful with questions. I really loved the atmosphere and staff on the third floor. There is a huge bar area and terrace where everyone hangs out. I was able to meet a lot of people and made friends with other travelers and staff. This is a great place for anyone traveling alone or people looking to make friends.

• 15th Jul 2014

Nice place, my first huge hostel. Just a heads up to the older travelers, you may be bunked with a bunch of teenagers. Other then that, the place was nice.

A large clean hostel With everything by the book. Easy train access to the airport 3 blocks away. With the city metro all areas of the city are accessible, this is the kind of hostel that is so modern that you won't get that "hostel experience" but will have a safe clean place to stay and helpful staff.

Great staff. Too many teens started arriving, lost it's mature atmosphere but still good. Very close to all things, 3 minutes to metro nice. Overall good experience. I would return.

• 9th Jul 2014

This hostel sucked. There were young kids (like 12 or younger) running around everywhere, staff at desk not so helpful, and it was so large that the social vibe was just partying and not hanging out meeting cool people. If that's what you're looking for then it's a good option. The rooms themselves were decent with secure lockers that open by electronic key card. Location right near metro but far away from everything else. All the kids running around were off-putting.

Please allow us to apologize because your experience wasn't on the standard stated for Urbany Hostels.Everyday we have activities including quiz,bingo,karaoke,tapas,paella, etc to increase our social atmosphere,and we also try to create a confortable common area for all types of travelers of all ages.Nevertheless our hostel is located in a safe and calm area, 3 minutes walking distance from the metro station with the central line 1,that takes less than 10 minutes to get to Pl. Catalunya.Thanks!

The hostel suggests that they have a swimming pool, but there is none. There's only a public swimming pool in the area and you have to pay the normal entrance price for it, but after asking the staff calls it 'service'.. We also had to wait half an hour after check-in time, because the room wasn't cleaned yet. Good about the hostel is that's clean and the breakfast is ok.

Thank you for writing the review.Please accept our sincerest apologies about the waiting for the check-in,but unfortunately when costumers don´t leave the room on time for the check out, it delays the whole cleaning process and once in a while it could affect the costumers that are checking in,but no excuses,we´ll pay more attention to it and improve this aspect.About the pool issue,on the websites and during the booking process,we mention and make clear what are the free services we offer.Thanks

Really good hostel to stay at. Really clean, good facilities. There's a party bus every night that takes you to clubs where you get free entry. Not really strict on you. The location is a bit far away from la ramblas etc but next to a shopping complex so that's good

Awesome place full stop, party every night. Just a little far from the beach, but not a problem if you have legs.

The urbany hostel is in walking distance from the estacion nord which was really good because I lost my purse and had no money or cards and it was close to midnight.. the staff was really nice and helpful, especially figuring out what to do because of my purse :) I didnt like the hostel itself so much, although the rooms are nice and clean and the free breakfast is also good, but its soo huge and as I am travelling on my own I felt a bit lost. But all in all it wasnt so bad :) Thank you guys!

This is a really nice hostel. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm that was really clean and convenient. However, the 8 bed dorms are a bit grimy. Be careful when signing up for the various food nights. I signed up and paid but it wasn't ready at the time they stated, so I took a walk and came back. When I came back, it was gone and they wouldn't refund me my money. Also, this is a party hostel. The average age was like 20, so I could hear drunk kids at all hours of the night. Overall, it's a great place.

Great place to meet people and socialize. Location is good, easy to metro or walk most place within the core of the city. Recommend this hostel.

We were put in a staff bedroom for our stay. As the staff were always gone, and didn't seem to make an effort with us I found the concept of mixing staff and guests together a bad idea.

The room was in a shocking state. Probably the worst I have ever stayed in. There was constant noise outside the sleeping areas (kids and their teachers screaming and talking at the top of their lungs)

• 30th Jun 2014

We are always pleased to read our customers reviews since it is a way to improve our service. The cleaning staff clean the rooms once a day but since it´s a hostel with rooms to share, people coming and going on a daily basis and sleeping on different times, it could happen that the state of the room is not the best, also we all expect other guests to be as much organized as they can and is not always the case either. Accept our sincerest apologies and we hope you can give us a second chance.

Breakfast is free but is way below average quality. It is a rather expensive hostel (we stayed at 10 hostels in a month, this was the most expensive). The rooms where dirty when we got there and they did not clean our room for three days. In a room with 8 people in it, you can imagine the smell, specially when the ventilation is awful. They host large groups of teenagers (50 to 90 students, very young). Elevators, hallways and common areas get crowded. Oh! and they charge for sheets!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel was great all around! The morning and afternoon staff were very helpful and very nice. I didn't get up in time for breakfast, but the food menu was pretty good.

one of the best hostels I have been into!

The hostel is really close to the metro, and you can walk (a while) to some sights. The sheets and towels need to be rented, and most people in my room used just the mattress cover, duvet, and uncovered pillow - which I think makes the place really dirty. The womens' dorm bathrooms are well equipped, although you have to press the water button every 15 seconds or so. The common areas are comfortable, and the kitchen is roomy. Key card system is great. Helpful staff!

Great communal area with a good buzz of people making it easy to meet people. Bedrooms really comfortable and clean!

• 11th Jun 2014