Ussr Hostel Reviews

127 Chui prospekt, apartment 132, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Very nice girl, the owner loves her hostel, although small, spotless clean and walking distance to the sights in Bishkek.

I enjoyed my stay at USSR hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. I felt secure and the same goes for my personal belongings (safety box provided in dorms). The location is convenient (15 mn walk from center). Good atmoshpere, although this depends largely on the other travelers you meet there. Fairly clean. The only downside is the fridge that no longer works (useful in the summer). Overall a very good address!

Very fast responses via email, very helpful staff who can speak English, good location close to the city center and cosy place for a good price!

It is hard to find the place, the best way is go to youtube and watch the video. Great hostel, near the center, about 15 mins walk to the Ala-Too Square, next to a street of food vendors. Clean shower and clean bathroom. Rooms are nice and cozy, you can charge your electronic equipment. Free and fast wifi is a bonus. The room does get hot in the summer and there is no AC.

The hostel is actually a couple of apartments in a block - the benefit is that you get a good sized kitchen between very few people, but the downside is that (as far as we could find) there's no central communal area and it's not so easy to find staff. The one thing I wish it had was curtains - the room got really bright early in the morning. Everything else was great - perfectly clean, great shower, good wifi, great location right in the centre of Bishkek.

Not easy to find, as no sign indicates the hostel. The confirmation from the hostel showed the building but not which one of the several doors is the correct onel. The information about how to get the keys was sent by mail, but too late, i.e. only after my departure.

Very good option for travellers, who wants stay in Bishkek. Good location, very clean room, kitchen and bathroom, intelligent and friendly owner. In 5 minutes walking there is a big supermarket with food and souvenirs.

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at USSR hostel in April. Clean, convenient, and the staffs were very friendly.

Great hostel in a good location. It's really cozy in this old Soviet apartment. It felt like I'm in my own place. Best of all the staff/owner is great. Very helpful and they try to help the best they can.

I said I would come back, so I did! Once again, I was happy with this very clean hostel! Only inconvenience was that there was not always a staff member present in the hostel.

I was very happy with this hostel. The beds were comfortable, everything was super clean and there were all sorts of maps etc. available. The lockers are huge! The host was also very helpful. I will be back next month! :)

The map sent to my e-mail wasn't accurate. I rang on the wrong door for quite a while in the snow. When some one let me in, I found it was the wrong section of the building. I attempted to go in the next door, again it was the wrong section of the building. Through attrition I found it was the third door. There was a tiny sign stenciled near the door, but it would have saved me almost an hour if the map was accurate. Everything else was fine. Only hostel in Central Asia to provide a map.