Utpala Hostel Reviews

2 Geleshang Dr. Zhangzha Village, Zhangzha Town, Jiuzhaigou, Jiuzhaigou, China

I loved this hostel and the staff. Not many westerners (zero) when I was here and the English spoken is not a ton but it is enough to get by. The hostel is decorated beautifully. The staff will help you arrange cars or transport to Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, and back to Chengdu and then walk you to a bus stop to make sure you get on the correct bus which saves on taxi fees to and from the bus stop. Facilities as expected for rural China but not enough toilets/showers (1 per floor).

The staff is very helpful and friendly but they can hardly speak other languages apart from Chinese which makes it difficult to communicate. The location of the hostel is far from the entrance of the park which increases the time and the money one has to spend in reaching the main attraction of the area.

Upon cancellation of a night of a three night stay, we were made to feel uncomfortable by staff for duration of stay. Bathroom the worst we have ever experienced. Filthy. Hostel very far from national park so expect to pay 50 yuan each way to park (and another 50 to bus station) I think that the other reviews on here have been manipulated or are fake. Stayed in many hostels in china and never anywhere near as bad as this. Met other groups who had similar awful experience at this hostel. Avoid

A great hostel with extremely helpful staff. Due to poor planning on my part I ended up arriving at the airport after midnight and missed the last bus Juizhaigou. Jerry saved me by helping to arrange transport to the hostel, and was extremely welcoming when I did finally arrive. The atmosphere was great and all the staff were always friendly and eager to help.

very helpful staff!

I had a great time in the hostel, the atmosphere of this hostel is the best from what I have ever stayed, definitely will recommend to friends. The room we stayed is a cozy and lovely wood cabin.The building is traditional Tibetan style. I like the common room very much, we watched film together with the hosts at night, and had two big dinners with other guests. :-)

Hostel was really great and comfy. The staff was INCREDIBLE- they helped me strategically plan my hike at Jiuzhaigao and planned a Sichuan style BBQ dinner for myself and the other guests. Afterwards broke down the cost, etc. to make it easy for everyone to pay. We had had a blast and this was one of the best stays in my travel across China. Speaking Mandarin is a big help as the staffs' English is only so-so

The staff were amazing and really made my stay special. They were very welcoming and helpful, organizing anything I needed. They went beyond staff when they invited me to join them at BBQ and to always hang out in the lobby. I highly recommend this place. The rooms are big and very nicely decorated. It's not walking distance from the park, but they can arrange a taxi to take you there and back for around 20 yuan. Great place! I had a great time!

View all Jiuzhaigou Bed and Breakfasts