Uvaia Hostel Reviews

Rua Morgado de Mateus, 273 - Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Amazing stay at Uvaia Hostel! Though I was there for only 1 night, one of the best hostels I ever stayed at. Helpful staff giving me good tips to explore "Sampa", 100% clean and comfortable Loved it!

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank You Gavin!!! Hope you can stay with us again soon

Very nice hostel. Great staff and atmosphere. Easy to chil but also people up for going out. Located in a very nice area

• 28th Jan 2015

I think, there should be one more chair in the kitchen :) Everything else was perfect.

Hahahahaaha we justb bought a new and beautiful chair Johannes! Thanks for the review

good hostel, but the location is a little far from the nightlife - can't walk there. At least it looked like a relatively safe area.

Hey Daniel!! Vila Mariana has some nightlife options and we are pretty close to public transport (buses and subway) so its easy to go anywhere you want :) Thanks for the review!!

I love this hostel. The owners are very special people, really great hosts. Its in a beautiful house, cosy rooms & amazing people. Clean and smeels good !

• 11th Jan 2015

Thanks Romi!!! Hope you come back soon so we can create and share amazing things again!! :)

No aircondition!

• 9th Jan 2015
  • China

Hi Xiaoyang, We just installed new and powerful fans in all bedrooms! The heat is not a problem anymore! Hope you can come back someday to check it!! Thanks for the review

When we arrived, there had been a storm, so there was a power outage for several hours. We ended up getting checked into the wrong beds because their computers were down, but staff were helpful in trying to sort it out and accommodate everyone. With no electricity, they were even offering free caipirinhas to guests to keep everyone happy! Bathrooms were clean, and breakfast was decent. There's lots of good hang out spots in the hostel and it's in a good neighbourhood with easy access to subway.

The atmosphere is very cozy, the location is great, everything is comfortable about this hostel. The only thing that got to me is that when I asked if there was a place for me to stay the following day the attendant told me there wasn't any beds avaliable for the following night. Then, 2 minutes after that, 7 gringos arrived without a reservation and in a step of magic there were not one, but seven beds avaliable! That was completely rude.

Oi Alice!!! Primeiramente obrigado pelo review!! Não sei o que pode ter acontecido realmente neste dia que mencionou porque em nenhum momento da história do Uvaia nós priorizamos algum tipo de hóspede. O tratamento é igual para todos, brasileiros ou não. Pode ter sido alguma confusão ou uma falha de nosso staff em oferecer a cama extra! Espero que a experiencia a parte disso tenha sido ótima e que você volte um dia!! Obrigado!

Super cool and authentic hostel. Their common areas are the best (specially the purple room that connects to the small alley of the village in the back). The rooms aren't the most spacious ones, but have lots of facilities for organizing your stuff (like big lockers below the bed and individual lamps/plugs/table). The breakfast was fine and they leave some coffee, bread and biscuits during the whole day. Recently, Vila Mariana is getting more and more interesting for backpackers and travelers.

Thanks for the review Raphael!! We hope you can come back soon!!

Very good location, close to the metro with all major connections through the city. Con: most of the lockers were broken in the room.

Very cozy hostel, very clean with a super friendly and helpful staff. Great location!

• 1st Oct 2014

The stay at Uvaia was simply perfect, the owner brought me with my luggage to the metro, which was very kind. The staff comforted me with food and drinks and we talked a lot. It is very cozy in the hostel and in there little garden to sit and have beers in the middle of sao Paulo it seems so quiet, pieceful and safe... unbelievable beautiful. The owner of the hostel baked pies on sunday for all the guests and there was a bazar where I bought a lot of new clothes and shoes. BEST HOSTEL EVER!!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Austria

Gerrr, Liviaaa! Thanks for the review!! We want VJLivi in Brazilll (hopefully as soon as possible)

Super recomendo! Staff incrível com ótimas dicas culturais e conhecimento de todos os transportes próximos e sugestões de passeios! Ótima localização! O quarto e banheiro eram ótimos! Café da manha delicioso, com pão feito na hora! Valei muito a pena conhecer e se hospedar no Uvaia Hostel!

Obrigado Fabi!! Aguardamos sua próxima estadia!! Beijo grande

THE BEST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD, WITH AMAZING STAFF.

• 27th Aug 2014

Obrigadooo Alissa!!! Volte asism que puder!!

People usually don`t think São Paulo as a touristic place. And it is not. As a matter of fact, I felt home at Uvaia. The staff is absolutely thoughtful, speciality the owners and the manager. I wish i could stay longer to get the know the city better, but the hostel experience was totally worth it. The took me out at night (the parties of the city are great!) and helped me with everything i needed. The place is really clean and they make their own bread for breakfast! Perfect!

• 27th Aug 2014

Ciao Gabriellaaa!!! It was so nice to have you here and have fun with you! Hope you can come back for more days!! See youuu

I enjoyed my short stay of one night.

Hi Annabelle, it would be great if you could list the good and bad things so we can improve our service and space. And also to explain the points you gave to Uvaia! Thank You and hope to see you again.

The staff was really nice and flexible, we came in the night and they took us well, gave us a room and breakfast without having to pay any extra. They were really helpful and the hostel is nice. It is located in a really safe neighbourhood but you have to walk for some time to get to the bus/metrostation.

Hi Rakel, Thank You for you comments! See u :)

too noisy at night

• 20th Feb 2014

Hello There, sorry if you unfortunately stayed here on a noisy night! Sometimes we have more bar clients on the front of the house! If something is bothering you can always talk with our staff and change your room! And actually most of our nights are really chilled and silent. Thank You for your comment!

The staff was really nice and helpful. The hostel was very clean, they cleaned it from tip to toe in the mornings. The beds were confortable. It was a cosy hotel in a nice neighbourhood, 15 min walk away from the metro. In the summers when the tempreture is very high, it is really difficult to carry your backback from metro to the hostel. Also, if they had an ac in the rooms it could have been better.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

Hi, thank you for your comments! Actually it takes 10 minutes from the metro to the hostel, but anyway we are in a calm neighborhood between Paulista and Ibirapuera Park! Its worth it! Thanks You!!!

Awesome staff and great feel in the place! They organized a bike tour with Urban Bikes which was really great value and highly recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3