Uvaia Hostel Reviews

Rua Morgado de Mateus, 273 - Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The atmosphere is very cozy, the location is great, everything is comfortable about this hostel. The only thing that got to me is that when I asked if there was a place for me to stay the following day the attendant told me there wasn't any beds avaliable for the following night. Then, 2 minutes after that, 7 gringos arrived without a reservation and in a step of magic there were not one, but seven beds avaliable! That was completely rude.

Super cool and authentic hostel. Their common areas are the best (specially the purple room that connects to the small alley of the village in the back). The rooms aren't the most spacious ones, but have lots of facilities for organizing your stuff (like big lockers below the bed and individual lamps/plugs/table). The breakfast was fine and they leave some coffee, bread and biscuits during the whole day. Recently, Vila Mariana is getting more and more interesting for backpackers and travelers.

Very cozy hostel, very clean with a super friendly and helpful staff. Great location!

• 1st Oct 2014

The stay at Uvaia was simply perfect, the owner brought me with my luggage to the metro, which was very kind. The staff comforted me with food and drinks and we talked a lot. It is very cozy in the hostel and in there little garden to sit and have beers in the middle of sao Paulo it seems so quiet, pieceful and safe... unbelievable beautiful. The owner of the hostel baked pies on sunday for all the guests and there was a bazar where I bought a lot of new clothes and shoes. BEST HOSTEL EVER!!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Austria

Gerrr, Liviaaa! Thanks for the review!! We want VJLivi in Brazilll (hopefully as soon as possible)

Super recomendo! Staff incrível com ótimas dicas culturais e conhecimento de todos os transportes próximos e sugestões de passeios! Ótima localização! O quarto e banheiro eram ótimos! Café da manha delicioso, com pão feito na hora! Valei muito a pena conhecer e se hospedar no Uvaia Hostel!

Obrigado Fabi!! Aguardamos sua próxima estadia!! Beijo grande

THE BEST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD, WITH AMAZING STAFF.

• 27th Aug 2014

Obrigadooo Alissa!!! Volte asism que puder!!

People usually don`t think São Paulo as a touristic place. And it is not. As a matter of fact, I felt home at Uvaia. The staff is absolutely thoughtful, speciality the owners and the manager. I wish i could stay longer to get the know the city better, but the hostel experience was totally worth it. The took me out at night (the parties of the city are great!) and helped me with everything i needed. The place is really clean and they make their own bread for breakfast! Perfect!

• 27th Aug 2014

Ciao Gabriellaaa!!! It was so nice to have you here and have fun with you! Hope you can come back for more days!! See youuu

I enjoyed my short stay of one night.

Hi Annabelle, it would be great if you could list the good and bad things so we can improve our service and space. And also to explain the points you gave to Uvaia! Thank You and hope to see you again.

The staff was really nice and flexible, we came in the night and they took us well, gave us a room and breakfast without having to pay any extra. They were really helpful and the hostel is nice. It is located in a really safe neighbourhood but you have to walk for some time to get to the bus/metrostation.

Hi Rakel, Thank You for you comments! See u :)

too noisy at night

• 20th Feb 2014

Hello There, sorry if you unfortunately stayed here on a noisy night! Sometimes we have more bar clients on the front of the house! If something is bothering you can always talk with our staff and change your room! And actually most of our nights are really chilled and silent. Thank You for your comment!

The staff was really nice and helpful. The hostel was very clean, they cleaned it from tip to toe in the mornings. The beds were confortable. It was a cosy hotel in a nice neighbourhood, 15 min walk away from the metro. In the summers when the tempreture is very high, it is really difficult to carry your backback from metro to the hostel. Also, if they had an ac in the rooms it could have been better.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

Hi, thank you for your comments! Actually it takes 10 minutes from the metro to the hostel, but anyway we are in a calm neighborhood between Paulista and Ibirapuera Park! Its worth it! Thanks You!!!

Awesome staff and great feel in the place! They organized a bike tour with Urban Bikes which was really great value and highly recommended.

Good place, would stay here again.

Lovely place to stay! Felt at home! Staff were very friendly and helpful! Location is in a safe area, but away from the party scene. Metro is approx 12-15 mins walk. Park nearby. id stay there again. Small hostel and this makes it a relaxing place to stay but at the same time you can get to the party district by taxi! Staff is very friendly and helps with booking flights etc! :-) thanks guys!! X

Good- located in a well-connected, quiet area of São Paulo about 10 mins walk from a Metro station on the 2 most useful lines; hostel fairly modern and stylish; staff friendly and helpful; reasonably social atmosphere. The upstairs bathroom infested by flies needs sorting though.

A lovely hostel, relatively close to the Metro which is convenient. A quiet atmosphere at times, and a good base from which to explore the city.

Had a fantastic time at Uvaia - wonderful staff, met some great fellow travelers here. Good common room and bar area for socializing, good size fully-stocked kitchen. Each bed has a light and power outlet, making keeping your things charged very easy. Big lockers beneath bed with enough room for large backpack and small roller bag with plenty of room left over.

Great Hostel, great staff. Just need to improve the bathrooms a little bit. I´ll definately be there again.

• 18th Sep 2013

Thanks Guilherme! We are always listening to our guests opinion so we can improve everyday!! See you next time

Really pleasant vibe at Uvaia hostel. Big tick to the super helpful and friendly staff !

Excellent hostel and staff. It is close to a great area and I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat