VIP House Reviews

Calle Meloc 422, Cusco, Peru

Sorry, but we left already after one night.. We didn't like it that much. Lots of young people, sleeping n the common rooms or looking at their mobiles...

Great staff Marco was very helpful. Good breakfast,real coffee! And omelets

Great staff, good breakfast. Atmosphere is a little lacking but may have just been the time I was staying there. The beer sold in the hostel is reasonably cheap, which is good because you can't bring alcohol in. Definitely a great option if you're for somewhere relaxed in Cusco whilst you are waiting to see Machu Picchu.

I read other reviews which described this hostel as calm which was just right and perfect! The single privates were very affordable and it is nice that there is a bar. The common room offered just enough interaction with others to inspire the next leg of my trip! The staff was very friendly and helped with all my questions and gave great recommendations. i ended up staying at this hostel for 6 nights.

Marko was very helpful to us. When our first floor room was too noisy he changed us to a better room. He made sure our belongings were stored properly and gave us lots of good information about sights, places to eat, etc. The location is good, close to various squares including plaza de armas. The rooms are a bit dark and the shower takes a while to get going with hot water but otherwise good . It is clean, safe, etc..

• 15th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Staff are a mixed bag; some super helpful some not so much. We stayed in a double private, it was pretty basic, you get what you pay for here I feel

I was overcharged the first night,not by much but the point is that they didn't tell me. The floors in the rooms are very squeaky which make walking at night very annoying. Breakfast was good, they give you omelettes, bread and jam. Not a bad place but there's room fro improvement in the service.

Amazing location and super helpful staff! The best hostel we stayed in while venturing around in Peru!

• 11th Jan 2016

Stayed 1+ week. Hot showers not guaranteed; someone flushes the toilet, water stops running. In dorm 104 the lockers stink- hopefully not mold. Very light breakfast (bowl of cereal, glass of juice, omelette if asked for, bread, coffee/tea); we felt that we got glared at by the staff if we took more than 2 breads. The praised omelettes were a disappointment because they are very small and taste bland. Wifi weak in the dorm. Worked better in common areas. Comfort depends on type of room.

The hostel was pretty good, it had a good location and the beds were good. It was a little run-down and the common areas were extremely small so there wasn't much atmosphere or ability to talk and get to know others.

Nice staying. Receptionists were incredibly kind. Good breakfast!

Average hostel , dorms are dark and wet, basic breakfast

Very helpful staff. The location was good, could walk to both plazas no problem and was located directly across from a minimarket which was handy. My only complaint would be that the showers were difficult to use and the room was dark with the hallway light beaming directly onto my bed.

• 5th Jan 2016

Nice hostel! Marco and Christian are incredibly nice!

Very friendly hostel. They were very flexible about me changing my reservation. Also, I lost my watch in the restroom and they found it and kept it at the reception. I'm extremely grateful for that.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Located very close to the center of Cusco and La Plaza de Armas, across the street from a grocery store which is super convenient and walking distance to many restaurants, shops, and travel agencies. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast is delicious! They also play a cool soundtrack in the kitchen area which livens up the place. Would definitely recommend.

I just stayed one night, i checked in at 5 pm and the owner helped me a lot he is friendly and polite, if you have questions he is the man. they have free coca tea it really helps to stabilize your body haha after this I went to another city but I came back another night, also they have and storage room i left my big bagpack for one day and today they help me holding my 2 bags It helps a lot so can hang out without worrying. Also in the front of the hostel you have a super market

Clean hostel. Nice staff. Hot showers. Good breakfast. No complaints.

Staff helpfulness varied and the bathrooms smelled damp a lot of the time. Good wifi.

Had a great experience with this hostel. We dealt with Christian who we found friendly and very helpful. He had a great recommendation on dinner. The only issue we had was the shower was cold. We told Christian and he had it fixed immediately. Overall great location right near the historic centre.

• 6th Dec 2015