VIP House Reviews

Calle Meloc 422, Cusco, Peru

Got moved out of our dorm on our last day because they had to "fix" something in our dorm. Gave us 20min to move to another dorm in the morning which was pretty annoying. The wifi didn't work most of the time though the computer did but it wast mostly occupied. Breakfast was very basic. The worst part was the extreamly loud floor in the dorm. You couldn't tip-toe without waking everyody up. Bad showers, good beds. Overall ok hostel nothing special. Good for a cheap night.

Very good stay in VIP house! Staff very helpful and fun! Great location, close to main square

• 12th Apr 2015

Generally a good hostel with friendly staff. Not exactly the cleanest hostel, but alright. I only found out how to properly turn on the hot water on my 3rd day there (the staff forgot to show me). Wifi is spotty in some rooms, but it's fine in the common areas.

I was a big fan of this hostel. It was homey and comfortable and the staff were friendly and always happy to help.

Great hostel and would stay here again. Hot water can be a bit tempramental but thats like the rest of Peru. Wifi is great. Supermarket and cheaper laundry across the road. They are happy to store bags for you while you do treks free of charge which is great. omlettes in the morning taste delicious. Staff are friendly and helpful. Enjoy!

Overall very good. Quiet and relaxed, staff helpful and friendly. Not much atmosphere in the bar so if you're looking to party you'll probably have to look elsewhere. Perfect if you want a few quiet nights.

very welcoming and helpful staff. great location near the supermarket. walking distance to most of the attractions and clubs. ask about the hot pisco, its awesome.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi I really liked my staying in VIP House in Cusco, the hotel was beatiful and the people there treated me so well. I felt so comfortable with the security, price and the location. I love it.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Spain

Top location, attentive staff, hot showers, very secure . All good, would come again gladly. Stayed here twice, once in the 6 bed dorm and once in the 4 bed.

Best hostel in Peru don't miss it!!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Israel

Staff have no interest in creating an atmosphere. The energy is very dull and boring. The washrooms smell really bad and the staff does not clean it often enough. Definitely would not return or recommend anyone to stay there as there are FAR better hostels in Cusco.

La verdad que nos fuimos muy contentos de la comodidad del hostel, muy buen clima y un staff muy copado!! Gracias por todo

Great Hostel, nothing to complain. supermarket infront, great location.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Spain

VIP House was a great hostel. Everything we needed -- reliable internet connection, breakfast in the morning, nice comfortable facilities, and accommodating staff. They have food some nights for fairly cheap, good deals on beer and a small bar in the common area, where there are usually friendly people hanging out. They stored our stuff for us for 4 days while we did the Inca Trail, which was great. The beds are big and comfortable. Definitely recommended.

No hot water in the shower (private bathroom), loss of electricity during the night, no credit card payment, poor breakfast service, had to fix the toilet myself. My bedroom was in the play zone, had to ask people to refrain of plaing ping pong. Worst hostel EVER. they gave me a 10 dolar discount.

To clarify your case, the second night of your stay, there was an electricity cut in all the neighborhood from 11pm to 6am so that is why there were no hot shower because it needs electricity to work, that's the reason you asked at check out time for a discount that was given without problem. We don´t take cards payments, it's mentioned on our web property description and we clarify this at check in time. We think. juice,coffee,milk,omelette,bread,tea,butter, jam,is not poor

Friendly, helpful staff, good breakfasts, secure and clean! What more could you ask for. I enjoyed my time here - they have a neat little bar/cafe and they're very well located near San Francisco Plaza. Nice and quiet at night. The travel desk is helpful and I booked a tour to Machu Picchu and it was excellent. I highly recommend this place as well as the travel desk.

I loved VIP House! I needed a break from dorms and stayed in a private room there for two nights. It was great. Then I wound up in the dorms for another couple of nights and they were very nice. The crowd was friendly but respectful. I liked the common area and the WiFi was good. Quick walk to the Plaza de Armas and right across from a grocery store. If I end up back in Cusco, I'd definitely stay here again.

I enjoyed my 2 stays before and after a Machu Picchu trek which they helped to arrange. Staff was helpful, room was quiet, egg omelet for breakfast if desired, just a short walk from the centro. I am going to return again after a Manú excursio for a day or two before leaving Cusco.

Thank you very much for everything, =) nice people, nice hostel, good breakfast, i enjoy it.

we stayed three nights and it all went very well, simple but good breakfast, the beds are big and if you need extra blanket is easily provided. The shower could be better but it was ok also. An special thanks to MArco, one of the guys in the front desk, who was always more than ready to help and solve any problem that may appear! Overall, Good price, good hostel :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3