VIP House Reviews

Calle Meloc 422, Cusco, Peru

Great value for money, nice warm place to stay, just a short walk from Plaza de Armas/Plaza San Francisco. And great, cheap eating places nearby too.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

I booked the jungle trek through the hostel, unfortunately the guide was poor. He didn't interact with the group or know about the route we took.

the saff in general was not friendly and did obviously not want to be bothered with customers. the hot showers were warm but not hot. in gegeral ok for one night but not more

We left 3 luggages (2 backpacks and 1 full of food we received as a present from our family that we didn't see for 10 months now) during 4 days as we were going on a 4 days Machu Picchu tour. When we came back we got back only our 2 backpacks, the last one was lost. After one hour of "investigation" the staff admit that they used all the food of the bag for a party... They even did not seem to be embarassed, they just did it. We had to ask for réparation... Plus : cold shower all the time

The dormatry was very cold. Better blankets would be a great idea The double room was great, but expensive.

I came in very late, went out and had no time left to go to bed because I only booked for one night. So don't know much to say about the hostel but the breakfast was nice and the staff was really friendly. They helped me to find a bed for my next night in another hostel.

• 26th Jul 2014

Fríendly staff, just a 5 minutes walk to Plaza de Armas and nice and clean room.

The room was ver cold, cold as the showers water. Nice breakfast and wifi

Very great place and nice location. The staff is the best.

Was down with a bad headache when I first arrived. The staff here isso friendly and they tookcare of me. After the salkantay trekkingi was down with a diarrhea and again theyprovided good adviceand inno time I was back to health! Thanks ¡!!!

Very nice hostel, friendly staff and great omelet for breakfast! When my bus to Hidroelectrica did not pick me up at the hostel, one guy of the staff took me to the busterminal and arranged everything! Only downside is that the room was really cold at night.

Great atmosphere and a fantastic location! Cool bar area and cheap tours avaliable, Machu Piccu tours for $130 (a lot cheaper than Peru or Inca rail). Hot showers, Pisco Sour and BBQ nights all super affordable! Opposite a large supermarket as well...

• 8th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Me encanto el hostel, tienen agua caliente y variedad de infusiones, las personas que trabajan son muy atentos y amables, no me puedo quejar de nada me atendieron de maravilla y me apoyaron con mi viaje a Machupicchu, altamente recomendable.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Chile

There was no plugs in the private room for charging.

Great staff. Fast Wifi. There is a supermarket just across the street which is super handy. Area is a short walk from the main plaza, but also quiet.

The staff is really friendly. Hot showers, clean, great location, can't complain.

I stayed in one of the single bed rooms after my hike to Machu Picchu and I think it is the way to go. The staff went above and beyond to help me with all my requests. I would stay here on my next visit.

The staff was friendly and always ready to help at all hours. The room I was in on the first floor towards the back was cold at night - so bundle up. The shared bathrooms were not the best but I am sure there are worst out there. Free WiFi is always a plus. The free breakfast is ok - its free. They have a luggage room to store your stuff if you are taking one of the hikes to machu picchu. Not a crazy party hostel so you can rest quietly at night. Overall I had a good experience. Thanks!

For the price it was a great and comfortable place to stay and we re-booked for another night after our Salkantay trek. Hostel is about a 5-10 min walk from the town square, but still near a lot of convenient stores and restaurants. Only real downsides are not great internet, and I was a little frustrated by a some of the staff on a couple of occasions with some comments that were made to me (supposedly as jokes, but they came out quite insulting).

Very accomodating, they filled me up with pisco sour and alpaca and also helped me out when I had everything stolen off me whilst being out one night. Really nice people and a good environment, if I come back to cusco I will stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3