VIP House Reviews

Calle Meloc 422, Cusco, Peru

Great Hostel, nothing to complain. supermarket infront, great location.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Spain

No hot water in the shower (private bathroom), loss of electricity during the night, no credit card payment, poor breakfast service, had to fix the toilet myself. My bedroom was in the play zone, had to ask people to refrain of plaing ping pong. Worst hostel EVER. they gave me a 10 dolar discount.

To clarify your case, the second night of your stay, there was an electricity cut in all the neighborhood from 11pm to 6am so that is why there were no hot shower because it needs electricity to work, that's the reason you asked at check out time for a discount that was given without problem. We don´t take cards payments, it's mentioned on our web property description and we clarify this at check in time. We think. juice,coffee,milk,omelette,bread,tea,butter, jam,is not poor

Friendly, helpful staff, good breakfasts, secure and clean! What more could you ask for. I enjoyed my time here - they have a neat little bar/cafe and they're very well located near San Francisco Plaza. Nice and quiet at night. The travel desk is helpful and I booked a tour to Machu Picchu and it was excellent. I highly recommend this place as well as the travel desk.

I loved VIP House! I needed a break from dorms and stayed in a private room there for two nights. It was great. Then I wound up in the dorms for another couple of nights and they were very nice. The crowd was friendly but respectful. I liked the common area and the WiFi was good. Quick walk to the Plaza de Armas and right across from a grocery store. If I end up back in Cusco, I'd definitely stay here again.

I enjoyed my 2 stays before and after a Machu Picchu trek which they helped to arrange. Staff was helpful, room was quiet, egg omelet for breakfast if desired, just a short walk from the centro. I am going to return again after a Manú excursio for a day or two before leaving Cusco.

Thank you very much for everything, =) nice people, nice hostel, good breakfast, i enjoy it.

we stayed three nights and it all went very well, simple but good breakfast, the beds are big and if you need extra blanket is easily provided. The shower could be better but it was ok also. An special thanks to MArco, one of the guys in the front desk, who was always more than ready to help and solve any problem that may appear! Overall, Good price, good hostel :)

Friendly and helpful staff. They will help you set up any tours or excursions you would like to do for really good prices. The breakfast omelettes every morning were great. The building is old so the floors on the second floor are extremely creaky and loud. There was very little hot water. The bar/restaurant is a nice place to hang out with good deals on food and drinks, but it isn't too loud during the evening.

It was a really good experience to be here . the staff was wonderfull , specially Eduardo very helpfull and friendly. thanks guys...:)

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Peru

Was a great place to stay, not a party hostel, it's my second time here!!! And i will always recommend this Hostel....good value for the prices, eggs at the breakfast and clean!!

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Peru

lots of young backpackers. have a travel desk which really helps. breakfast is ok, but same everyday. staff really nice and helpful. internet need to be upgraded, lots of people using it. great location with market across the street. overall, very good.

Excellent hostel, really nice staff and always helpful. Great Alpaca burgers as well!!!

• 20th Jan 2015

There was no hot water. Nice breakfast. Tee all day free.

I stayed at VIP hostel for 5 nights in January and it was exactly what i was looking for. The staff were super helpful whenever i had a question or needed some advice and all of the rooms and bathrooms were kept clean. The atmosphere catered to everyone but it was not a party hostel which meant you cold get a good nights sleep in the super comfortable beds. The hostel is is a great location 5 minutes walk from either the central plaza or market as well! Would definitely recomend it!

• 10th Jan 2015

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, which was really really clean and the beds were super comfortable. The staff also was amazingly friendly. The only thing i didnt like that much is that they have big posters telling you "hot water 24 hours", but i actually never showerd hot, once even cold. But who cares? For the rest its perfectly recomendable and i'd definately come back!

Although it was a bit rough around the edges, the other amenities at VIP House more than made up for it. The staff is excellent - very helpful with anything related to your stay or to various trips/tours in the area. Their English is very good as well. Their location is great! It's a short walk to the main plaza, and the old house it is in is gorgeous! Wifi worked great too. All-in-all, good bang for your buck.

Great place to stay but makes sure you have in writing what they said they will charge you at the end of your stay.

Very comfortable beds and quite bedrooms, we were two in the 6 beds room. The staff was really really nice and helpful, best staff found during my travel in Peru. The negative point of this hostel is the bathroom: only 1 toilet for different rooms, not enough.

The staff is very helpful and quite nice, always at disposal and the bar is very cheap. There are also games to play.

• 29th Dec 2014

I really liked the hostel because the area was safe and was close to the plaza, they gave me many travel options to other historical areas such as machupicchu. The service was very good, with accessibles prices and I had fun. The experience was enriching.

• 28th Dec 2014