VX The Fifty Reviews

285/2-4 Sukhumvit Soi 50 (400m. from BTS. OnNut), Bangkok, Thailand

Location is ok BTS is nearby so easy to get anywhere. This hostel has thought of everything hairdryer iron kitchen tea coffee and are great for information. The only thing missing is the atmosphere this isn't the most sociable hostel but it also depends on the people. I would reccoment the private room great night sleep.

The hostel itself is pretty awesome if you have a thing for a shaking bed and eavesdropping to strangers conversations (no we aren't stalkers, the walls are paper thin). That extra experience is guaranteed if you are situated on the 4th floor. The rest of the hostel is really great actually- just make sure not to book a private room with shared shower as then you will be placed on the 4th floor.

The hostel is clean and stylish, with well-equipped kitchen and a pleasant common area to hang out. There is TESCO shopping mall next to it where you find nearly everything you can think of. Overall, a fantastic hostel. The only drawback is that it takes at least an hour to get to the tourist attractions. But I would still stay there again next time.

This is my third time staying here and its the best chill out hostel I've probably ever been to. Cheap food right across the street. Laundry machines inside the hostel. Good hangout area in the lobby. Free coffee. The only downside is its far from many places in Bangkok. Its close to a skytrain station but way out on one of the lines. Its cheaper and nicer than places in the city though so its a fair trade off. If you want to relax, this is your place.

Stayed in a deluxe double. Room was very nice and only thing lacking was a fridge. Location of the hostel was the only shame as it is just that bit too far out. Transport is already a nightmare in Bangkok so if you want to get around more easily and be closer to the action try booking somewhere more central. Thats our fault though. Hostel itself is lovely and clean.

Always an excellent place to have a quiet, clean, good nights sleep.

I loved this hostel. 10 minutes walk from On Nut BTS and Tesco Lotus. It fulfilled my needs and I plan on going back whenever I am in Bangkok. WiFi in the rooms is great. The toilet and shower facilities were good. The kitchen area is well stocked too. It's definitely a good base.

• 4th Jun 2014

The hostel is the cheapest hostel Ive stayed at in Bangkok, but it is kind of off the beaten track. With that said it is still very close to the On Nut BTS stop (maybe a 10min walk), so it is easy to access the rest of the city. I would stay here again if I am going out in that area again.

Awesome hostel! I will be back :)

• 30th May 2014

Its very clean,near to skytrain wich is always helpfull,nice typical food around there,good chill out areas,staff very kind ;) thanks for the stay!

Only downside (?) Is that it's a bit away from everything. But the MRT is close so not to worry.

Comfy beds, good air con, individual power sockets and lights, in room lockers. 10 min walk to nearest BTS station and lovely staff. Fantastic hostel.

close to night markets, tesco and bts station, rooms were clean. only issue was trying to get a taxi after our stay.

Really helpful staff! Was awesome to stay there... Just a little bit far from the city center, but easy to go there by BTS.

The hostel was very clean! Great air conditioning in the room! Free tea and coffee! Information of markets in the area! And a small sitting area inside and outside! Also the restaurant across the street has wonderful cheap food and the staff in the restaurant is lovely :)

Despite being a little removed from the city center, I was really impressed with this place. Common areas and dorm rooms felt clean and new, the kitchen was huge and the bathrooms were big enough to accommodate everybody. The common spaces made meeting other travelers really easy, but if you prefer to have your own space, that was definite do-able too. Staff was super helpful as well. I'd definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

that was ohsome to stay there.. i love to stay there next time!!!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

The place is clean with good facilities, the staffs are helpful, good location, not too far from the BTS station, but definitely not 400m though! Overall, it's a really not bad place to stay, especially because it's not far from downtown. If I ever go back to Bangkok, this will be my first choice of accomodation.

I have stayed here twice and it was allways nice. I little bit more outside but with the BTS-Station around the corner you can reach all the important sites.

Initially not so easy to find but once we got there appreciated the location! Close to BTS and shops , easy to get anywhre. Clean modern hostel , very comfy to stay for a few days.. Will definitely come Back here when we come back to Bangkok !