8.2
Fabulous 206 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 206 Total Reviews
VX The Fifty Located at 285/2-4 Sukhumvit Soi 50 (400m. from BTS. OnNut), , Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok 10260 285/2-4 Sukhumvit Soi 50 (400m. from BTS. OnNut)
82% 206
13.7046733 100.5956981
    Rooms available

19th Jul 2016

This is the second time I was here. The crowd was a delightful mix of people. From traditional backpackers to professionals and the mix of Thais and foreigners made it great place to relax for the day. The staff, the whole staff, made every effort to make everyone comfortable...they were shining examples why Thailand is called the Land of Smiles.

13th Jul 2016
4.0

Definitely the worst hostel I've been to in Thailand. Not only is the location really terrible, the night staff was incredibly rude. Facilities are derelict; floors 1, 2, and 3 all have to share one bathroom. Wiring is faulty, and I even had a plug spark when I plugged my phone in to charge. The atmosphere here sucks, making it very hard to meet new people. You'll find there are signs everywhere threatening to fine you from making noise to using the "blanket" as a towel. Avoid this hostel.

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing to stay with us . 1. Bathroom located on 1,2,4 floors. Rooms on 2,3,4 floors. 2. Now is the low season = less customers. 3. Signs is the important thing to communicate with the customers. 4. We never find the problem with the plug but we will check it. thank you for let us know. Sorry for let you feel uncomfortable. We will try the best to make a good hostel with an affordable price for every customer.

8th Jul 2016

This hostel was great, very helpful and pleasant. We only stayed one night. The bed is your typical Thai bed( rock hard, we sleep on a very firm American mattress and this mattress was uncomfortable. We stayed in four hostels on our trip and they were all this way. Along our travels we have seen people carrying air mattresses, xtra sleeping bags, and camping pads; which now make sense to us!! Lol!! We at one point in our vacation used two yoga mats because we could not locate a mattress topper;)

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2016
7.7

The locations is pretty far out from every bring of interest in the city, however it's ok because there's a BTS station very near, and it only costs 42 baht to get into town properly. The rooms are air conditioned which is a plus and there are big lockers, but enough for a big travellers rucksack, so your things feel secure. Not a buzzing night life, although there were people in my dorm who did go out so it is possible, I think they had a good time. Very near to Tesco lotus and streets cafes.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
4th Jul 2016
7.7

Location is my favorite aspect of VX 50. It is very close to the BTS SkyTrain, but without being situated on a overly busy / touristy part of town. The rooms were average in cleanliness and quality and in line with the price. Overall we had a pleasant experience. Thanks!

• USA, Male, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016

The staff was friendly and helpful. I had a full sized bed single bedroom. The aircon worked great and I could get to and from the hotel to the BTS On nut station in 10 minutes walking. The only small critique I had was that the wifi would occasionally slow down because of the number of people using it. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• sunisatsp
  • Thailand, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2016

This hostel is great value for money. A little bit far from BTS but still in walking distance. 7-11 is pretty close, also Tesco Lotus. TV in the living was not working though, hope they fix it soon.

• England, Couple, 25-30
9th Apr 2016
7.7

Stayed here for 3 nights in a private double room on the 4th floor while we explored Bangkok. The stay was lovely and I really can't fault it. The only negatives I can say are that at night the stair ways are not well lit I did miss a few stairs one evening and the room was a little small but I'm here to explore Bangkok not sit in my room. It's a quiet hostel, very clean and tidy. A little out of the way of the centre but within walking distance to the Skyline. Would recommend.

• China, Female, 25-30
2nd Mar 2016
8.0

Really nice staying. Staff were helpful and friendly. No bad smell in the bathroom which turns out the cleanliness is not gonna be the problem.

• rhysels
  • New Zealand, Male, 25-30
13th Feb 2016

Good value for money, close to BTS station and was easy to find with directions. Staff were very helpful and friendly and let us leave our bags and shower when we arrived at 8am after the night bus from chiang mai ,even though check in was 2pm! Dorm room was clean and beds were good size and comfy enough. Would stay again :)