VX The Fifty Reviews

285/2-4 Sukhumvit Soi 50 (400m. from BTS. OnNut), Bangkok, Thailand

The VX is a great hostel with lovely staff. There are great touches like hair dryers and straighteners in the bathroom, or a iron and ironing board. Also the bowl of free fruit is a really nice touch. My only issue is with the water dispenser. The water from there has a plastic and unpleasant taste. Otherwise everything is good! And very clean!

Great hostel, AC in the room, kitchen and common room, across the street is a great place for lunch. A little bit far from the centre but there are ways to get there so that is not a big problem.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Slovenia

I moved to here to leave the tourists and reduce my prices. I extended several days as I found it to be comfortable. Nice areas to socialize, refrigerator, toaster oven, sink, washer & dryer (coin-op) all provided. Free tea and coffee and limited fruit. Convenience store and local food within one minute walk. Large store, food markets and MRT (elevated train) about ten minutes walk. I would return if in the area again.

On arrival we were split in two different rooms despite selecting beds in the same room. The woman on the front desk was incredibly rude and unhelpful - she refused to book a taxi for us meaning we had to try and flag one down at 4 am to catch our flight and she also didn't have any change when we checked in so made us sort out money to give her the exact amount - luckily we did have some change! Also, there are only 4 toilets and 4 showers for all the dorms on both the second and third floors.

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us. We're very sorry in this case because we have 3 mixed dorm rooms and on that day didn't have 5 beds available in the same room so we have to split you into 2 and 3 people. We will move you together in the next day if the room available but you stay only 1 night. The available beds that show on website didn't mean all in one room. For the taxi we found some problem when booking the taxi such as the taxi didn't come on time so we try to avoid this.

The hostel is really nice, clean, with modern common rooms. Beds were very comfortable and I had the best sleep. Location far from the centre, expect to spend money on BTS. The minus was the older lady at the reception: she wasn't nice at all. She gave us only 1 key for 3 people, but did not tell us you need the key even if you just go to the toilet - so we had to wake up each other for the keys at night.. Charged me 10THB per 2 copies of A4 - IMO overpriced. Other staff was nice.

Decided to stay a few more days, fantastic hostel. Dormitories are extremely nice and it is so cheap. The main draw is the people, best atmosphere and nicest/most interesting travellers i have met so far. I highly recommend, especially because of the staff, i had money problems and we sorted it out so that i could pay at a later date and it was so reassuring as i am travelling solo.

Had a very nice stay. Staff was helpful and very friendly. Nice and clean hostel. It was too bad it was quit far from all of the slightseeing spots, shopping, bars, etc. Skytrain walking distance but for everything else you have to take a taxi or skytrain(s).

The older woman at the front desk was extremely unhelpful and bordering on rude. The hostel is perfectly nice but in the wrong location for basically anything other than proximity to the metro.

Really nice place with kind and helpful staff. Colourfull place with big part to sit, chill and relax, big kitchen. Books to read, that's what I needed :D

I stayed here twice in the past 3 weeks and absolutely love it!

Location was on a quiet side street, within walking distance to BTS. Staff was friendly, the walls are poorly insulated so it was very noisy until about 3am when the other guests went to bed. Other than the noise it is a decent place to stay for a night between flights.

I could not find anything bad to say about VX. Security good with card access to open main door at the night time. The location is decent BTS sky train and TESCO Hyperpmarket fairly close by.

I onky stayed here one night as I was in transit on my way to Bangkok airport, so I arrived late and left the next morning. That said, from my brief stay I noticed that the facilities were all clean and well maintained, the rooms were comfortable and the place had a good vibe overall. If I come back to Bangkok with more time to visit, I would stay here again.

Such a clean hostel, very comfortable beds. Great air-con. Lovely bathrooms. Brilliant wifi. Great kitchen to use. Free loose leaf tea and coffee, also free bananas. Relaxing common and outside area, rooftop. Cheap laundry. On nut night market is fabulous. And the pad Thai directly across the road delicious. Nice quiet neighbourhood. Nice and far away from ko San road. Really enjoyed my stay. Will be back again.

Its an ok place to stay for a night. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The aircon in our room didn't work well but we were able to switch rooms. It comes with breakfast too which is a big plus! The location isn't very close to the main sites, or shops or restaurants, but you can rent bikes for 50thb a day nearby, and tuk tuks are on call. All in all good but a bit isolated.