VX The Fifty Reviews

285/2-4 Sukhumvit Soi 50 (400m. from BTS. OnNut), Bangkok, Thailand

Decided to stay a few more days, fantastic hostel. Dormitories are extremely nice and it is so cheap. The main draw is the people, best atmosphere and nicest/most interesting travellers i have met so far. I highly recommend, especially because of the staff, i had money problems and we sorted it out so that i could pay at a later date and it was so reassuring as i am travelling solo.

Had a very nice stay. Staff was helpful and very friendly. Nice and clean hostel. It was too bad it was quit far from all of the slightseeing spots, shopping, bars, etc. Skytrain walking distance but for everything else you have to take a taxi or skytrain(s).

The older woman at the front desk was extremely unhelpful and bordering on rude. The hostel is perfectly nice but in the wrong location for basically anything other than proximity to the metro.

I stayed here twice in the past 3 weeks and absolutely love it!

Location was on a quiet side street, within walking distance to BTS. Staff was friendly, the walls are poorly insulated so it was very noisy until about 3am when the other guests went to bed. Other than the noise it is a decent place to stay for a night between flights.

I could not find anything bad to say about VX. Security good with card access to open main door at the night time. The location is decent BTS sky train and TESCO Hyperpmarket fairly close by.

I onky stayed here one night as I was in transit on my way to Bangkok airport, so I arrived late and left the next morning. That said, from my brief stay I noticed that the facilities were all clean and well maintained, the rooms were comfortable and the place had a good vibe overall. If I come back to Bangkok with more time to visit, I would stay here again.

Such a clean hostel, very comfortable beds. Great air-con. Lovely bathrooms. Brilliant wifi. Great kitchen to use. Free loose leaf tea and coffee, also free bananas. Relaxing common and outside area, rooftop. Cheap laundry. On nut night market is fabulous. And the pad Thai directly across the road delicious. Nice quiet neighbourhood. Nice and far away from ko San road. Really enjoyed my stay. Will be back again.

Its an ok place to stay for a night. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The aircon in our room didn't work well but we were able to switch rooms. It comes with breakfast too which is a big plus! The location isn't very close to the main sites, or shops or restaurants, but you can rent bikes for 50thb a day nearby, and tuk tuks are on call. All in all good but a bit isolated.

Good place real convenient to the sky train

We really couldn't have asked for any more from a hostel. From the moment we arrived the staff were as helpful as they could be. Very clean, staff available 24/7, free wifi, air conditioning. The only slight downside was the location. It's easily accessible from the bts but if you're looking at staying out past about 11pm then you'll most likely need a taxi. That said taxis (with a bit of haggling) were not overly expensive. For example we paid 500 baht from khao San road and 150 from nana.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Location is a little far from the BTS and the road gets really dark at night. There is a 7eleven nearby and couple of food courts just right infront of the hostel, the food is cheap and amazingly great. (Try the tom yam) Beds were comfy and clean. Staff was friendly. Bathroom was a little messy but clean. Overall VX the fifty is a good place to stay.

Good, clean, and affordable. Loved the free coffee and tea. Wished there was an air conditioned common area.

• 10th Mar 2015

We stayed in a double on the top floor on the roof Torrance. Room was nice and clean. Small safe in the room, but we couldn't open it. Shared wet room, isn't the best but is good for that price. Location is a bit out of the hussle of main bangkok, but very close to a night market, and some good street food around. The BTS station isn't very far amd is easy to get around on. Overall I would say that it is very good for the money you pay, and would stay again

We were very satisfied with our stay!

• 4th Mar 2015

was always a pleasure to stay at this hostel.. my partner and I traveled Asia and Europe over the last year and we stayed at VX every time we came to Bangkok.. The staff are great and always remember you which is a nice feeling when your traveling the world far from friends and family!

• 1st Mar 2015

There are some really nice aspects of this hostel (kitchen you can use, clean rooms, friendly day staff and hair appliances, bathroom products etc to use) but the place is let down by a very unfriendly older woman on reception at night, unreliable wifi and having to leave your key plugged in the room for lights etc to work which is not major but is a hassle and slows you down

good hostel!!

Amazing place to stay so good in fact I did an extra two nights very comfortable, very clean and everyone is amazing. Also the pad Thai directly across te road is the best I have had in Thailand to date!!!!!

• 21st Feb 2015

Great place to stay in Bangkok, nice and clean. Close to the airport and the subway station. Nice and kind staff, always there to help.