Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I only used it for one night, but no complaints from me!

• 30th Jun 2015

The staff are by far the friendliest and most welcoming of any I've met at any hostel ever. Simply put, Vagabonds is the best!

• 28th Jun 2015

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms and common areas are clean and tidy. Love the lockable cages in the rooms. Other lodgers were friendly and respectful. Bathrooms get incredibly wet/slippery in the mornings, even if you're not using the shower -- mopping them more frequently would good as they're a bit of a hazard.

I had a great time at vagabonds in Belfast! The location is great, practically beside the university with lots of cafes and bars around and on,y a short walk to the city centre. All of the staff are friendly and helpful if you have any questions or want to book any tours. And oh my god, their book exchange is AMAZING! Will definitely stay at vagabonds next time I'm in Belfast!

Needs a little modernising due to chipped paint but otherwise a safe and friendly place to go on holiday.

Vagabonds is definitely on top three of my best hostel list.(so far, I've stayed more than 20 hostels around Europe from west to east). The location is great, 10 mins walk to the center, 3 mins to a bar/pub. You can stay comfortably in everywhere in the hostel so cleannes is not a problem. The most best is the STAFF. They are not only friendly but awesome. It's impossible to be bored every minutes with them.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Super chill staff who are usually around, really helpful. Also an awesome spread for breakfast, comfy beds, great green space in the back with a ping pong table and a pool table. Could be a bit loud at night but wasn't too bad. Perfect for young people, lots of character

Great staff and nice breakfast. You can park your car just at the door of the hostel for free! Bathrooms were clean and in sufficient numbers. Recommend!!

Great hostel, my stay was amazing. Always so helpful and nice. Best value forma money. Free breakfast, WiFi, hot showers and great atmosphere

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

In 38 countries, I've never been to a hostel that suits every kind of traveller as well as Vagabonds. If you want to relax, their is always company joining you in the TV room, watching one of the zillion movies they have. If you want to get wild, there's games in the back and trips to pub organized every night. Bedrooms are quite and dark, removed completely from any outside noise. The best part is the staff; always knowledgeable about what the city offers, and willing to include you in the fun.

great place to stay, very easy atmosphere to make friends, talkative guests and staff and reguarly cleaned and tidied. have stayed in many hostels, this was my favourite.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

After travelling around for a couple months around Europe Vagabonds was my absolute favourite hostel. The rooms were comfy, had good storage, free breakfast, very clean bathrooms. The staff was amazing too! They went over the top to make sure we were all having a good time! I would definitely 100% recommend this hostel to everyone! :)

I spent 2 great nights here. The hostel is in a cool building with very nice and accommodating staff. Its well located, clean and secure. Next time I'm in Belfast I will definitely stay here!!

All the staff were very friendly since most used to be travellers as well. They are more of friends than staff, really helpful and welcoming. Bedroom was good. Bathrooms were all clean. I enjoyed staying there, meeting people from all round the world. However, I have to be honest, there should be a concern about the noise. Even though this is mainly a hostel for young people with free spirit but sometimes it was a little bit too much. If you are young travelers, go for it !!!!!

This is a hostel with an unbeatable atmosphere - and really great facilities. Nice bathrooms!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Wales

Staff were super friendly and welcoming and able to help us on our sightseeing in Belfast (somewhat). Showers and bathrooms could use a good clean as well as the outdoor area out the back. Overall though a good experience.

The staff were all very friendly. I really enjoyed how they hung out with everyone and showed all the guests a good time.

• 22nd Jun 2015

I thought it was a great hostel. David was a really cool guy and appreciated all of his help finding stuff around town and the great conversations. The only negative is the mattress I slept on. You could feel the metal and springs with next to nothing for padding. I didn't even know mattresses like these existed. If the hostel invested in better mattresses then they would've gotten a perfect score from me. I like that they serve breakfast until 11am and they were next to the McComb buses.

Very nice, clean private room, clean toilets and shower rooms, great staff, I would love to see a bit more choice at breakfast. Over all I am very happy and I will definitely stay there again at my next visit.

The hostel was just what our group needed; nice and close to Queens University where we spent the best part of our weekend. My only qualm was during our stay we arrived back to our fully booked room to find someone outside of our group lying in one of our beds; while the staff were lovely and amended the mix up quickly they were a little nonchalant about the entire mix up. I feel a bit more a sincere apology would of been appropriate. But overall great stay, lovely and clean. Very nice staff.

• 19th Jun 2015