Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2064 Total Reviews

lovely holstel. I guess I'll stay there everytime I need to sleep in Belfast. I only wish they had better mattresses. I just can't have a good night of sleep on a Innerspring mattress.

• 15th Sep 2014

I was really sad to leave this hostel. Always friendly staff around and they make you feel as though you are being welcomed into their home. It was the first time I've ever actually spent time hanging out at a hostel (usually just shower and sleep) but it was a such a great place it made me want to hang around more. Communal areas are cosy and sociable settings. The staff really make an effort to make sure people keep the noise down after 11.30 but that's not to say the hostel then goes dead.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Staff was really friendly, the owner came by and was a really nice man, you can tell there's passion behind the hostel. Loved the big comunial tables and chill room. Will be staying there again soon. Xx

Enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Location and atmosphere were really good. Common area was really nice and inviting. Wifi didn't work very well. Not enough bathrooms on the floors. Rooms were clean. Would recommend this hostel to a friend.

a Good central location between Queens Uni and the city. Everything you will need you will find here in a quirky and fun way. Felt like a funky student digs with all home comforts a good buzz about, but where I felt welcome and safe and it was clean. The staff was cheerful and really accomodating. I would not hesitate to recommend this place. You will not be disappointed. I will surely return here whenever I find myself in Belfast again.

• 12th Sep 2014

It is cool place.

Not the best location, but not the worst either. Great breakfast! PEANUT BUTTER!! Nice common area and millions of movies to choose from :) People also go out every night so there's a good mixture of choices for whatever you fancy.

Really great location which is very central and close to a lot of bars and restaurants. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were really clean and had modern fittings. The staff were really friendly and sociable and the atmosphere was relaxed. We had the opportunity to have an evening meal there and socialised with our fellow travellers which was great fun. I also really liked the art work around the hostel which makes it feel really unique and funky!! Thank you Vagabonds :)

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Wales

this is a very good and warm hostel although it is a bit far (need to walk 15mins), it is good location to all the place and hv the bus stop in front of door. the place is clean and good equipment in kitchen. i love here !!! here is safe for girl travel alone too 這真的很不錯,由地方,設施及清潔程度以致氣氛也是十分好。 就算一個女生也很安全。

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything you would want in a hostel, small

I had a lovely time in Vagabonds. The atmosphere was relaxed and the staff was great! I would definitley recommend everyone who is staying in belfast to stay at this hostel!

• 1st Sep 2014

This place is amazing! After traveling for a while it was so nice to arrive at a hostel that felt like home. The staff were so nice, they even made dinner for a few guests on one of my nights there. Such a friendly place! Will definitely return in the future. A MUST STAY!!!!

Our stay here was excellent! I would absolutely stay here again. We were there for only two nights, but both nights the atmosphere was so great that I didn't feel the urge to go out - although the staff rallied and we all went out to a place they knew with great live music. There were many areas to hang out comfortably, a large area to eat in, a great back patio with pool table! Everything was very clean, kitchen was very accessible. When we needed quiet, we could find that too. Great place!

• 25th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel pretty close to the city centre surrounded by all the facilities you need and full very nice people, recommend!

Everything EXCEPT the room was good: breakfast; movies in the common area; all-day tea etc. But the room (a semi-private ensuite) lacked basic comfort: worst mattress I've ever slept on (imagine sleeping directly on the bed springs); cold draft with no heating and no extra duvet (we did get extra blankets but we were still cold); broken clock etc. Overall, if a private room and basic comfort is what you are looking for, I would check the Ibis hotel down the street (for the same price).

Best hostel we have stayed at during our trip around Ireland…by far! The staff is amazing and very helpful, all rooms are always extremely clean, there is a really nice outdoor hangout area, and the bathrooms are huge with the best water pressure! Highly recommend staying here. You are missing out if you don't!!

Now my new favorite hostel. Found that there wasn't much excitement in Belfast but the hostel more than made up for it. The amosphere is warm and the common areas were perfect for encouraging conversation. The staff were amazing and friendly. Much better than the overly large hostels, this is the perfect example of what a hostel should be.

It,s a hostel with a nice atmosphere. But bathrooms with toilets and showers in the same little room are not very efficient.

I didn't find the staff that helpful and there was never a staff member on reception.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I stayed in this hostel for a night with a mixed group of friends. The hostel is fantastic, the furnishing is amazing, for example on the stairs you can see decorations like murals and in the rooms natural prints all over the wall that do seem to be in a forest. The hostel is very clean and the staff is fantastic, for example on saturday night we had party with them in a local not far from the hostel ;) Excellent value for money!

• 23rd Aug 2014