Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The staff were very welcoming and friendly, even carried my bag upstairs for me! Constantly said hello to me when I was walking around, some of the nicest hostel staff I've ever come across. The room was really nicely decorated but one of our plug sockets was a bit warped and we couldn't get plugs to fit in it. Other than that, the beds were really comfortable and we were given a towel (have always had to pay to hire a towel in other hostels I've stayed in!). Loved staying here, it's excellent!

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The location of this hostel is perfect and super easy to find from the bus station. It was a pretty loud at night but everyone was super friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great for meeting people and the staff were extremely helpful!

Great staff and location. Close to all public transport, shops bars and places to eat. Would recommend to anybody

Vagabonds was a really excellent hostel, my friend and I had a great time here. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the location was good for walking the city, and the hostel itself was a super fun place to hang out.

Felt like a second family.

• 26th Apr 2015

Everything was excellent

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Great stay, warm welcome staffs.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

My first time in a hostel travelling alone and I felt at ease instantly. The staff are super friendly and the atmosphere was great. I really like the decor and furniture in the common areas.

• 14th Apr 2015

Could not have enjoyed my stay here more. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, not only recommending tours but booking them for us.

• 13th Apr 2015

I stayed at Vagabonds' for only two nights, but would definitely have stayed longer if I had had a different schedule. Friendly staff, great facilities, top cleanliness. If I ever go back to Belfast that's where I'll stay.

• 13th Apr 2015

I usually book my hostels based on their reviews, and honestly I was mystified as to why Vagabonds receives the reviews that it does. Whilst it was a "good clean bed in Belfast", I found it to be little more. Excellent location and clean and comfortable, with helpful sttaff when they were approached, overall I found the hostel to be lacking atmosphere and more 'cliquey' than other hostels I have stayed. I would probably not stay again if I were returning to Belfast.

Brilliant place!! Very welcoming and super fun!! I'll be back asap!!

• 12th Apr 2015

Just a awesome youth hostel. The best I ever do !

• 11th Apr 2015

I have stayed ib many hostels in Europe and vagabonds is certainly up with the best. Not too intrusive, relaxed helpful staff in a great location make this an ideal hostel!

Stayed here for two nights over a weekend. Had a large double bedroom to myself. Can hear a bit of noise/conversations from people in the next rooms, but not a lot. Breakfast is simple but delicious. Free tea and coffee available all day. Staff really great and keen to help you with your trip. Would return :)

Fantastic Staff! Its a great place to stay for young people who want to drink alcohol! :)

Right from the beginning the staff was very friendly and helpful about showing you around. The cleanliness is on the lower end, however the staff will joke with you about it because they know. The staff is a bunch of crazy guys that love to hangout and party. If you like partying and going on pub crawls, then this for sure is the place for you to stay.

Perfect place for young people to stay, and fine for oldies as well!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This was by far the most amazing hostel I ever came across. From our arrival on, we were part of the great and friendly community in the hostel and we really enjoyed our stay. Thanks a lot Vagabonds, you made our stay in Belfast great!

• 7th Apr 2015

You could use some new mattresses for the beds. It was also pretty loud on a couple of nights. Your bathroom facilities are fantastic, some of the best we've seen.