Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Best hostel ever!!!!!!!

Good atmosphere and very friendly staff. Thanks!

Vagabonds is the place where to be in Belfast, I reareally enjoyed my staying! The hostel is nice, clean and in a very good position. Guys are very helpful, kind and they make you feel home! It's more a good clean bed in Belfast!

This is what I call " a feel good hostel" ! A bit noisy in the evening if you have to get up early the following day but knowingly they do provide ear plugs! If you want to be part of the atmosphere, hurry !

I don't think I've ever talked about a place as much as I have with Vagabonds. It's not even a hostel, it's a home. Made friends here from all over the world and got pretty close with the staff. My boyfriend and I will definitely be back, the atmosphere is extremely friendly and the whole experience is just a load of fun. Can't wait to head back soon and go for drinks, I'm telling you the staff in this place are lovely lovely people. 100% review Richie ;)

• 13th Jul 2015

Excellent facilities, location and the common area is a great place to meet other travellers if you are travelling alone. Only thing I thought that needed improving was the staff could be more engaging and put more of an effort into nights out, day trips that are available etc. Would still definitely recommend this hostel for anyone!

Staff were really friendly and welcoming. A great value hostel!

• 11th Jul 2015

This place was a pleasant surprise. Hot showers and modern bathrooms. Very clean. Staff is engaging and fun. Only had the one night here but I would return.

Decent location but 15 minutes walk to city centre. Beds not very sturdy, could use upgrading. Most of the hostel staff did not know how to get around the city by public transport, I felt they often couldn't answer my questions. But staff was good at trying to include everyone in dinners and activities.

Amazingly welcoming hostel! I felt right at home during my 4 nights here. Location was perfect, all the sights were walkable and the city centre was about 10-15minutes on foot. Kitchen and bathroom facilities were great, bed mattresses were a little thin, but the best thing about the hostel was the amazing atmosphere - always something going on!

Top notch atmosphere

• 8th Jul 2015

Vagabonds is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at in my months of traveling. Good for them for providing what is needed, then going beyond expectations. The staff are some of the nicest people I've ever met and are willing to help you with anything regarding tours, bar hopping, or just a relaxing stay in Belfast.

Lovely atmosphere and great communal areas - plenty of space to relax. My private room (number 10) was very comfy, clean, and well decorated. This hostel is near the uni so there's plenty of nice affordable places nearby to eat and drink.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Wales

One of my favourite hostels in the UK. Amazing atmosphere, so easy to meet people, and the staff made you feel right at home. If I'm ever in Belfast again, I won't even bother looking at other options for accommodation. You can't beat Vagabonds!!

Couldn't have asked for more.

I can't say enough nice things about Vagabonds. I arrived early in the morning and was offered luggage storage and complimentary breakfast. I stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm- not huge but I did not feel cramped. I was able to lock my hiking backpack and day pack in the locker underneath my bed. The staff was really friendly and went out of their way to organize activities at night. Had a great time!!!

• 6th Jul 2015

I absolutely loved the small size of the hostel. It created an environment that encouraged maximum social time and because of it everyone gets to know everyone very quickly. The first night i stayed there i quickly met all the staff which greeted everyone very warmly. By the third night i felt like the staff and fellow mates were all my family. Warning: this hostel will spoil you. I hate my new hostel in dublin simply because it's not vagabonds! Just book a bed and get ready for a good time!

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. For one thing, I (a single female) was put in a room with a group of five guys. All other hostels I've stayed at have at least made the effort to put more than one female in a coed room. Also, they only have hot water certain times of the day because "people aren't here during the afternoon". But that's exactly WHY I take my shower at that time. Maybe think about all your potential patrons instead of just some of them. Rooms are small, no room for luggage

Thankyou for your feedback, however i believe your comments are completely unfounded. Firstly we do have a 6 bed dorm specifically for females but you booked an 8 bed MIXED dorm, we have limited control over who books our MIXED dorms as the majority book online. As for the showers, we do have 24hr hot water in one of our showers which you could have used.

The staff should follow up more about the clean & tidy up of the kitchen. They cannot depend on the guests doing their duties well. Some guests really made a mess and didn't clean up. The hostel should also have facilities for recycling. The washroom is a little bit dirty as well.

Vagabonds is a nice hostel with a good location in Belfast. You can walk to the city centre in 15min. The staff is nice and helpfull. This is a hostel with a big "chillout" factor. If you like everything to be perfect, sterile and totaly quiet after 11p.m. Then this might not be the hostel for you. But if you like to hang out, have a good time and just chill, then this is the place.

• 2nd Jul 2015