Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2025 Total Reviews

A modern and quirky hostel. I would stay there again.

Very cosy and awesome staff, common areas make you feel at home.

Such a fantastic hostel! Really friendly staff, clean and safe. Everything you could wish for in a hostel within walking distance of the city centre.

The place had a comfortable set up with a few lounge areas inside and out and decently sized dorm rooms. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were clean. There weren't many bathrooms, but the place was booked when I was there and it was never an issue. Rooms are clean and wifi works most places, however there could be a few more plugs in the rooms. Breakfast is decent and the kitchen is tiny, but gets the job done. Overall great stay and great atmosphere here.

The best hostel where I have been...fantastic atmosphere!

• 12th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved my stay at vagabonds! Staff are amazing. Would definitley recommend staying here. Great place to meet people as a solo traveller.

• 12th Aug 2014

Best hostel in Belfast!! We loved our stay here so much we never wanted to leave! The staff were helpful and a lot of fun to hang out with. Easy to find location. Great common area to relax and watch movies in or have a few drinks with other guests. Oh, and excellent water pressure in the showers (total win in our books!) seriously, stay here!!! We miss you guys already

Very good hostel,10/15 minutes away from City Hall, in an area quite rich in bars, pubs and restaurants. Nice living room and kitchen, complimentary tea, milk and coffee... welcoming!Dormitories quite cozy and new, there may be a bit more clothes hangers; on a Friday night it was not too noisy(there is a beer garden, but quite early it was silent!)It may nice to have more showers,but the ones present are very good for being in an hostel.Staff welcoming and offering several day & night activities

It was great!!! The staff isgreat, very accomodating.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Chile

The staff did a great job, being helpful whenever requested, and made my stay very confortable.

Difficult to comment on the security as we were in a private room but I believe lockers were available for people in dorms.

Not a bad location, 10 minutes walk from the bus station. The staff was helpful , the whole place clean and with a good atmosphere. Interesting common room with lots of instruments and cool wall decorations. Nothing special to point out, it was exactly as expected, no more, no less. Would recommend!

Great relaxed atmosphere, funky design and ever so helpful staff. Only downside was staying in the 12 bed dorm - 2 out of 3 nights, groups of young people were coming in drunk, falling over, arguing and making noise at 3am. This made it difficult for getting up the next morning, as even at 9am, they were moaning aboutpeople trying to get ready and putting on a small light to see. Maybe if guests could state preference for a quiet dorm, this might help the problem for us older, boring people! ;)

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This was a really cool hostel. We came after my man had just broken his collarbone, and the staff was really nice and helpful taking care of him. As it turned out the hostel even had a really nice disabled toilet, for which we were extremely grateful. There was good wifi and the beds were nice. All in all, a good place!

I just simply loved staying at Vagabonds! Clean, free breakfast, lockers in the room, great location and most of all a brilliant atmosphere! The people working there are great! The hostel had a cheerful and welcoming atmosphere. Not one of these anonymous hostels where you don't meet anybody. Ask at the reception if it's pasta night! One of the staff, a proper Italian, tends to cook pasta for everyone for a couple of quid. My personal recommendation :)

• 3rd Aug 2014

Vagabonds is one of those diamonds in a world of average hostels - so happy I stayed there and I'd go back without looking at other hostels. The staff go out of their way to help but the highlight was that the common rooms always had people chilling out and eager to meet others. Javier particularly rocks: he knew the city, helped gather everyone out for trips to a few pubs, and was exceptionally helpful. Don't look elsewhere - just book here and thank me later.

Perfect for the price!!! Just loved it!!!

At first, we thought this hostel and staff were excellent. We even thought the locker cages were the most innovative of any we had seen. However, on the morning of our departure we had a terrible experience as not a single staff person was awake and able to check us out to return our id. We searched and waited for over half an hour from 9:00- 9:30 am before someone woke up and helped. At that point, we were anxious about making our train and we had to take a taxi just to make our departure time.

This has one of the best atmospheres of any hostel I've visited. It's really easy to make friends and relax

I had a blast! So much to do and see and always someone to do it with. Great staff always looking to help and get you to new places every day. Was hard to leave.

• 30th Jul 2014