Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2055 Total Reviews

Difficult to comment on the security as we were in a private room but I believe lockers were available for people in dorms.

Not a bad location, 10 minutes walk from the bus station. The staff was helpful , the whole place clean and with a good atmosphere. Interesting common room with lots of instruments and cool wall decorations. Nothing special to point out, it was exactly as expected, no more, no less. Would recommend!

Great relaxed atmosphere, funky design and ever so helpful staff. Only downside was staying in the 12 bed dorm - 2 out of 3 nights, groups of young people were coming in drunk, falling over, arguing and making noise at 3am. This made it difficult for getting up the next morning, as even at 9am, they were moaning aboutpeople trying to get ready and putting on a small light to see. Maybe if guests could state preference for a quiet dorm, this might help the problem for us older, boring people! ;)

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This was a really cool hostel. We came after my man had just broken his collarbone, and the staff was really nice and helpful taking care of him. As it turned out the hostel even had a really nice disabled toilet, for which we were extremely grateful. There was good wifi and the beds were nice. All in all, a good place!

I just simply loved staying at Vagabonds! Clean, free breakfast, lockers in the room, great location and most of all a brilliant atmosphere! The people working there are great! The hostel had a cheerful and welcoming atmosphere. Not one of these anonymous hostels where you don't meet anybody. Ask at the reception if it's pasta night! One of the staff, a proper Italian, tends to cook pasta for everyone for a couple of quid. My personal recommendation :)

• 3rd Aug 2014

Vagabonds is one of those diamonds in a world of average hostels - so happy I stayed there and I'd go back without looking at other hostels. The staff go out of their way to help but the highlight was that the common rooms always had people chilling out and eager to meet others. Javier particularly rocks: he knew the city, helped gather everyone out for trips to a few pubs, and was exceptionally helpful. Don't look elsewhere - just book here and thank me later.

Perfect for the price!!! Just loved it!!!

At first, we thought this hostel and staff were excellent. We even thought the locker cages were the most innovative of any we had seen. However, on the morning of our departure we had a terrible experience as not a single staff person was awake and able to check us out to return our id. We searched and waited for over half an hour from 9:00- 9:30 am before someone woke up and helped. At that point, we were anxious about making our train and we had to take a taxi just to make our departure time.

This has one of the best atmospheres of any hostel I've visited. It's really easy to make friends and relax

I had a blast! So much to do and see and always someone to do it with. Great staff always looking to help and get you to new places every day. Was hard to leave.

• 30th Jul 2014

Needed to stay a night in Belfast and this did the trick. The staff were not overly helpful, but were not unhelpful. The clientele of the hostel were pretty young, so that affects the vibe. Small, older building.

• 30th Jul 2014

Hello, this is a special review as we have not actually stayed there. One staff member, seeing me arrive with my 11-year old son, advised me it was a "party hostel" which could be noisy late in the night and I'd better look for another place to stay. So we've found a last-minute arrangement in an impersonal hotel. It was very kind of him to take care of us - I would have preferred it done by e-mail a few weeks later as I had mentioned the child. So be warned : not a place for children !

The best hostel I've stayed in yet . VAGABONDS

I loved it here. The staff were awesome and so helpful. It had a great vibe and I'd definitely recommend it.

I stayed 4 nights in an 8-bed mixed dorm. The beds were comfy and clean with plenty of space to sleep (I'm 5'8). The hostel offers individual bathrooms that have been recently renovated to hotel-level quality. The staff is incredible - very approachable and friendly. They organized nights out every night and when I stayed there was an Italian chef cooking for us every night. If you're going to Belfast, you have to stay here!

• 29th Jul 2014

This was the absolute best hostel at which I've stayed. The staff all really care about the best experience for the guests, and the atmosphere throughout the building can't be beat. Overall my experience of this hostel makes it a must stay in Belfast, and will keep me coming back again and again.

• 28th Jul 2014

This was easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in! I wanted to live here but settled by extending my stay. The hostel has a really chilled out and fun atmosphere, it's so easy to meet people. The staff are awesome too and are great to hang out with (shoutout to Eve, Richard and Bob!) Great facilities too (plus a beer garden), and Bob cooks up authentic Italian dinners and lunches for cheap. Amazing hosel in an underrated city. STAY HERE!

Everything is quite good about this hostel. Great involvement between staff and guests to have a lively and fun hostel. The only improvement i could think of is to get sturdier bunk beds. The ones there wobble and squeek with each little move you make in bed.

This was a great hostel and had a fantastic atmosphere. It's a party hostel, so I'd recommend choosing another place if that will bother you. We had a great time :)

Great stay in the middle of the city center! So easy to find, safe area, close to great food, shopping, and sites. Friendly welcome, tours can be booked at the desk, and the staff show you great local places to hang out. Plus free wifi, linens, and breakfast!