Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2028 Total Reviews

Needed to stay a night in Belfast and this did the trick. The staff were not overly helpful, but were not unhelpful. The clientele of the hostel were pretty young, so that affects the vibe. Small, older building.

• 30th Jul 2014

Hello, this is a special review as we have not actually stayed there. One staff member, seeing me arrive with my 11-year old son, advised me it was a "party hostel" which could be noisy late in the night and I'd better look for another place to stay. So we've found a last-minute arrangement in an impersonal hotel. It was very kind of him to take care of us - I would have preferred it done by e-mail a few weeks later as I had mentioned the child. So be warned : not a place for children !

The best hostel I've stayed in yet . VAGABONDS

I loved it here. The staff were awesome and so helpful. It had a great vibe and I'd definitely recommend it.

I stayed 4 nights in an 8-bed mixed dorm. The beds were comfy and clean with plenty of space to sleep (I'm 5'8). The hostel offers individual bathrooms that have been recently renovated to hotel-level quality. The staff is incredible - very approachable and friendly. They organized nights out every night and when I stayed there was an Italian chef cooking for us every night. If you're going to Belfast, you have to stay here!

• 29th Jul 2014

This was the absolute best hostel at which I've stayed. The staff all really care about the best experience for the guests, and the atmosphere throughout the building can't be beat. Overall my experience of this hostel makes it a must stay in Belfast, and will keep me coming back again and again.

• 28th Jul 2014

This was easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in! I wanted to live here but settled by extending my stay. The hostel has a really chilled out and fun atmosphere, it's so easy to meet people. The staff are awesome too and are great to hang out with (shoutout to Eve, Richard and Bob!) Great facilities too (plus a beer garden), and Bob cooks up authentic Italian dinners and lunches for cheap. Amazing hosel in an underrated city. STAY HERE!

Everything is quite good about this hostel. Great involvement between staff and guests to have a lively and fun hostel. The only improvement i could think of is to get sturdier bunk beds. The ones there wobble and squeek with each little move you make in bed.

This was a great hostel and had a fantastic atmosphere. It's a party hostel, so I'd recommend choosing another place if that will bother you. We had a great time :)

Great stay in the middle of the city center! So easy to find, safe area, close to great food, shopping, and sites. Friendly welcome, tours can be booked at the desk, and the staff show you great local places to hang out. Plus free wifi, linens, and breakfast!

Best hostel we've ever stayed in. The staff went above and beyond! Great location and facilities. Our 12 bed dorm was spacious, had large lockers (no padlock)

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • BackpackerBabes1

Staff were extremely friendly, helping us carry our very heavy bags up several floors. It's a pretty big hostel, so there are lots of people. We only stayed one night and didn't do any activities with the other guests, but I expect there were some. Breakfast was on the better end of the continental breakfast side, with lots of jams and Nutella and oranges. Staff was always around to help clean up. Very pretty and well designed. Small room but comfortable beds. Would stay here again.

Can't rate it high enough. Vagabonds is always fantastic and the best. Chilled out, relaxed, friendly, great craic, and immaculate. If like me you love meeting new people and sharing interesting stories and making new friends, then you'll love it, especially since meeting the pool hustler from Galway, the lovely Caroline, whose contact details I forgot to get. The staff have traveled the world too and know the best hangouts in Belfast, so they'll give you lots of helpful info and support.

Love a good party, but screaming out psycho killer until 3am isn't much fun for people that have to get up at 4:30am to catch a flight.

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff made us feel so welcome. We stayed up with them until 3 in the morning watching TV. They made us dinner and even catered for my friend who is allergic to most foods. The facilities are very good. The décor is lovely and showers seem to have been just refurbished. Breakfast was lovely and there were lots of choices of toppings for toast.

Great hostel, nice helpful staff, relaxed friendly atmosphere, overall we are very glad to have stayed at Vagabonds in Belfast! Only problem being the bathrooms for the downstairs dorm : only 2 toilets and 2 showers for 14 people can make mornings (and evenings) problematic, and the poor ventilation with no windows at all makes the bathroom very very damp all the time. At least adding a sink inside the dorm would make it easier to brush teeth, take out lenses or quickly wash one's face!

• 20th Jul 2014

Probably the best and most awesome hostel I have ever seen!

I likes the energy in this hostel. Most bathrooms and showers had been updated modernized. I am older travelers (50s) and this hostel stuck me as a younger person's hostel. The kitchen was really small so don't plan on cooking any meals there. The common area coaches and chairs.could use a good cleaning.

• 19th Jul 2014

Lively hostel. Definitely suited to the younger travellers. The staff are always keen for drink and to show you the local bars, it is hard to tell who actually works there and is running the place though.

The noise from ground floor with reception never stopped until 2-3am. Loud laughing and talking......I could not sleep well at all.