Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1920 Total Reviews

This hostel is very cozy and awesome for getting to know the other guests. Some of the staff are better than others but overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is a little further than other places but it is definitely worth the extra distance. The showers are absolutely amazing as well as the chill out room. I would definitely recommend this place to others and in fact I already have. Great Job Vagabonds!

We really enjoyed staying at Vagabonds! My boyfriend and I stayed at the 12 bed dorm and we weren’t sure if it was a good decision. Turn out to be that we had an incredible time, we met great people we went to tours and pubs with! The staff at Vagabonds was also incredible and always willing to help us and give us advices for what to do and when. Thank you Vagabonds!

I absolutely loved it here. Very good atmosphere and the staff were friendly and full of recommendations. Staying here for sure if I ever come to Belfast again

Only had the pleasure to stay here on night, but it was great. Staff was very friendly and welcoming, showers good, rooms nice, clean fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

EXTREMELY kind and very understanding of travelers who have been on the road. Only three showers or so for the whole hostel, so it is best to take them at night. No big deal. I'd go here again in a heartbeat.

Need more plugs in the rooms/a light by each bed. Bathroom in the 14 bed dorm wasn't that clean. Apart from that it was a good stay

Vagabonds is truly a home away from home, the atmosphere is amazing. I couldn't recommend it more. Richard, Sarah and Mete' made me feel very welcome at the hostel. The rooms were cleaned daily and the facilities were spotless. The showers even had really good water pressure which was nice for a change! Thanks again guys - Tom

Vagabonds is the perfect hostel if you are traveling on your own and are looking for a cosy and safe place. Great atmosphere and simply great staff! Moreover the good vibes, it's perfectly located, less then 10 min walking from the city center and it's clean and so amazingly decorated! When i'll back in Belfast i will stay there again!

Loved it, felt like my living room! I will be back!

• 13th May 2014

One of the absolute best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. The chillout areas are great and the staff are amazing! Thanks guys :)

Ah man, I have 3 months of travelling left to go and I'd be lucky to find a hostel on the same caliber as Vagabonds from here onwards. The staff make you feel so welcome the momet you walk in the door, they really drive the warm and vibrant atmosphere that the whole places seems to emit 24/7. I actually felt like Vagabonds was home for a few days. Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at so far!

This was our first time for both myself & my husband staying in a hostel since we were backpackers. We were pleasantly surprised. We loved that the front door was always locked but it was a shame that locks weren't supplied for the under bed storage. There were 2 showers & 2 toilets in our room and we never had to queue. We really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast the next morning & loved the chit chat between the staff & guests. Will definitely be visiting here again, location was great!!

• 10th May 2014

Good location. About a 10 minute walk from the centre of town and just a few minutes from where the bars start. On a direct route to get just about everywhere, but not over noisy for being on a main road. Good lockers under the beds for security. Breakfast included and alsomthenchance of purchasing dinner being cooked by an Italian member of staff. Overall a good place to which I would return when visiting Belfast again. Really helped make the stay pleasant. Good friendly and helpful staff.

it's a not bad hostel. Only there was a rude receptionist and itś kinda party hostel, not their fault just if i had known i wouldnt have chosen this one. The common area for dinning has lots of flies, and there were always someoneś stuff around whole building.

Only thing I didn't like was when we go there the window was open and there was a swarm of flies in our room. But they were gone by the end of the night. Also more bathrooms would have been nice

I had an unforgettable stay at Vagabonds. From the welcoming atmosphere to the friendly staff and good location, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I felt at home immediately upon entering and was addressed by my name at most every interaction with the staff--this is huge! Great, great hostel--I wish all hostels were like this.

Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Good explanation of how things work when you enter the hostel. Good thinking on little things like stickers for the food at the fridge. Slept very well. Staff knows your name. So even if your travelling alone you don't feel alone in this hostel. The hostel makes you feel very welcome and at home.

• 7th May 2014

Great place to stay! Was able to walk to all of the major tourist attractions. Right by the botanical gardens which also makes a nice walk.

The staff was an absolute blast. They all hang out and make sure your stay is awesome even when they are off duty. You can not beat this place so just stop looking and book here. Not to mention Belfast is a wonderful city with tons to do. Absolutely go on the black taxi tour and also the Giants Causeway tour through reception at the front desk.

• 6th May 2014

Absolutely loved Vagabonds! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere of the hostel was really chill! We spent a lot of time outside meeting other people, playing table tennis and playing pool. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean! I would recommend staying here to anyone going to Belfast!

• 6th May 2014