Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1902 Total Reviews

Vagabonds is the perfect hostel if you are traveling on your own and are looking for a cosy and safe place. Great atmosphere and simply great staff! Moreover the good vibes, it's perfectly located, less then 10 min walking from the city center and it's clean and so amazingly decorated! When i'll back in Belfast i will stay there again!

Loved it, felt like my living room! I will be back!

• 13th May 2014

One of the absolute best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. The chillout areas are great and the staff are amazing! Thanks guys :)

Ah man, I have 3 months of travelling left to go and I'd be lucky to find a hostel on the same caliber as Vagabonds from here onwards. The staff make you feel so welcome the momet you walk in the door, they really drive the warm and vibrant atmosphere that the whole places seems to emit 24/7. I actually felt like Vagabonds was home for a few days. Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at so far!

This was our first time for both myself & my husband staying in a hostel since we were backpackers. We were pleasantly surprised. We loved that the front door was always locked but it was a shame that locks weren't supplied for the under bed storage. There were 2 showers & 2 toilets in our room and we never had to queue. We really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast the next morning & loved the chit chat between the staff & guests. Will definitely be visiting here again, location was great!!

• 10th May 2014

Good location. About a 10 minute walk from the centre of town and just a few minutes from where the bars start. On a direct route to get just about everywhere, but not over noisy for being on a main road. Good lockers under the beds for security. Breakfast included and alsomthenchance of purchasing dinner being cooked by an Italian member of staff. Overall a good place to which I would return when visiting Belfast again. Really helped make the stay pleasant. Good friendly and helpful staff.

it's a not bad hostel. Only there was a rude receptionist and itś kinda party hostel, not their fault just if i had known i wouldnt have chosen this one. The common area for dinning has lots of flies, and there were always someoneś stuff around whole building.

Only thing I didn't like was when we go there the window was open and there was a swarm of flies in our room. But they were gone by the end of the night. Also more bathrooms would have been nice

I had an unforgettable stay at Vagabonds. From the welcoming atmosphere to the friendly staff and good location, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I felt at home immediately upon entering and was addressed by my name at most every interaction with the staff--this is huge! Great, great hostel--I wish all hostels were like this.

Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Good explanation of how things work when you enter the hostel. Good thinking on little things like stickers for the food at the fridge. Slept very well. Staff knows your name. So even if your travelling alone you don't feel alone in this hostel. The hostel makes you feel very welcome and at home.

• 7th May 2014

Great place to stay! Was able to walk to all of the major tourist attractions. Right by the botanical gardens which also makes a nice walk.

The staff was an absolute blast. They all hang out and make sure your stay is awesome even when they are off duty. You can not beat this place so just stop looking and book here. Not to mention Belfast is a wonderful city with tons to do. Absolutely go on the black taxi tour and also the Giants Causeway tour through reception at the front desk.

• 6th May 2014

Absolutely loved Vagabonds! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere of the hostel was really chill! We spent a lot of time outside meeting other people, playing table tennis and playing pool. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean! I would recommend staying here to anyone going to Belfast!

• 6th May 2014

Vagabonds turned out to be one of my favourite hostels. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and knew me by name after day 1, always asking me how I was doing. The room and bathroom were very clean, there was a separate room for toilet and shower. Hostel staff kept coming into our room to get stuff out of the closet, which was a little weird. Free breakfast, good wifi, good environment to meet people and socialise.

Can't recommend highly enough.

• 5th May 2014

Vagabonds made us feel like family. The hostel is cozy enough to allow the gathering of people to make friends. We had a terrific time because of this hostel and would truly recommend it to others. Ciao staff!!

An awesome hostel ! I would definitely recommend staying here; everyone is super friendly and helpful and the whole place has a real home vibe. If I come back to Belfast this will be my 1st choice hostel!

To the staff of that great hostel,with never ending smiles,goodwill to help,and facilitate a grumpy Marathon runner.THANKS a million. Ye have created a hostel with a homely,relaxing atmosphere. A place that is spotless,full of smiley cheerful staff,that in turn leads to happy clients. A simple formula that is rare in many 5 star hotels Money cannot buy what ye have Its the happy peoples hostel,why cant I be that happy at work try and transfer that good will and friendship to Belfast city

• 4th May 2014

Decent place, great showers, really great showers actually. Decent size and amenities in common spaces, flexible friendly staff. Have to be honest though, it's let down a bit by general grubbiness compared to other hostels I've been in having paid similar money. I'd still go back.

I loved this Hostel. Firstly, the staff were all friendly and helpful. There was a small problem on my arrival with my room door key, and they could not have done any more to sort out the problem, - bear in mind this was at 22.00hrs. Really great service from them. The Location was fantastic too, close to some lively bars, and a 10 minute walk to the centre. The rooms, bathrooms, and bedding were all clean too. I will be going back to Belfast and this will be where I shall stay again!