Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

This is not a hostel for the unfriendly. Yes there are a lot of staff members but they are all generally vey friendly and will try to include everyone around when going out. The hostel itself needs to update it's matresses as sleeping on springs is no fun art all.

Amazing hostel. Friendly and welcoming staff, excellent service, great environment for meeting people. Would definitely recommend!

A very warm and friendly hostel with excellent staff. Bathrooms could be a bit cleaner, but were mostly fine. Only some of the beds had lamps next to them and other didn't, which I thought was a bit strange. Only small complaints though, this was a pretty great place to stay.

Great hostel. Very helpful staff, very clean, good breakfast, good atmosphere. Would happily stay there again and will it to others!

I visited Belfast with my brother this May and we stayed here two nights. It is definitely the best hostel I've ever been. The room was perfectly clean and the bathroom en-suite had two showers. The best bathroom I ever found in a hostel. The hostel itself is at a short distance from the city center (15 minutes walking), and the atmosphere is great: I had the impression to stay at a friend's house instead of paying for a bed. The common room is cosy, and the breakfast is simple but good.

Great hostel with awesome staff who don't just help you out with travel stuff but who come along on the trips, go out at night with you, show you all the local treasures and are genuinely cool people.

• 6th May 2015

Had a really great time here. Staff were great and the place had a great atmosphere. Probably the best hostel I've stayed in.

Nice, small hostel located close to Great Victoria St and Queens University. I was there on a quiet night, but it seems like the atmosphere is usually pretty lively. Wonderful staff! Super helpful and accommodating

Stayed in better hostels at a cheaper rate, but for Belfast I think it's the best option around overall. The hostel definitely has a sociable feel, with a pool table and table tennis for people to hang around out the back under the shelter. There's so many staff for the size of the hostel, they basically live like the travellers watching movies etc. through the day and evening. It was a bit weird but they were friendly enough! Beds were comfortable enough although a little small, I'd stay again.

This is a lovely place to stay. It caters for all ages (I'm 62!) The staff are friendly and helpful and honest. The facilities are fine, though the kitchen can get a little congested at busy mealtimes but it is very well equipped. My bed (top bunk) was spotless and comfortable. The house rules are simple but effective and there was always someone around to ask about anything. Vagabonds has a bus stop right outside - easy to get the No. 8 (pink!) bus into town (although it's not far to walk).

• 1st May 2015

The best hostel of my trip! When you stayed at Vagabonds, it's like being in your family. It's a small hostel with the kindess staff, full of great people, ABSOLUTELY SUPER CLEAN, with a perfect ambiance! Really close to the botanic station, we enjoyed our two nights and i would absolutely, definitely recommend Vagabonds. Do not miss the chance to live this experience if your are in Belfast!!!

• 30th Apr 2015

It was a great experience, very good facilities and also the staff was very keen to help and to provide suggestions about the city and their surroundings, definitely recommended!!!

• Mexico

The staff were very welcoming and friendly, even carried my bag upstairs for me! Constantly said hello to me when I was walking around, some of the nicest hostel staff I've ever come across. The room was really nicely decorated but one of our plug sockets was a bit warped and we couldn't get plugs to fit in it. Other than that, the beds were really comfortable and we were given a towel (have always had to pay to hire a towel in other hostels I've stayed in!). Loved staying here, it's excellent!

• Northern Ireland

The location of this hostel is perfect and super easy to find from the bus station. It was a pretty loud at night but everyone was super friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great for meeting people and the staff were extremely helpful!

Great staff and location. Close to all public transport, shops bars and places to eat. Would recommend to anybody

Vagabonds was a really excellent hostel, my friend and I had a great time here. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the location was good for walking the city, and the hostel itself was a super fun place to hang out.

Felt like a second family.

• 26th Apr 2015

Everything was excellent

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Great stay, warm welcome staffs.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

My first time in a hostel travelling alone and I felt at ease instantly. The staff are super friendly and the atmosphere was great. I really like the decor and furniture in the common areas.

• 14th Apr 2015