Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2071 Total Reviews

This place was just what I needed: quiet, friendly, budget-friendly. It's run by volunteers who also live there, so they treat the place more like a boarding house and eagerly welcome in new guests. They have a pasta dinner that you can buy into for cheap (helpful since most of the restaurants close by are closed). The dorms are spacious (stayed in a 6 bed, all female). It is close to tour bus stops, and the Belfast city bus stops right outside. Thanks to Sean for making me feel welcome.

A really cool hostel and fun environment. It would be very hard not to enjoy your stay. The breakfast was great - really good selection of cereals, bread and spreads and even fresh fruit:) Great staff and great atmosphere, would definitely come back.

The boys at reception were very sweet and helped everyone checking in carry their bags upstairs. The place was nice and the rooms cosy. Only negative was that there were lines for the bathrooms occasionally.

Really good hostel for meeting people, so if your travelling alone it's ideal. The staff are really friendly and helpful and get everybody involved. Also breakfast is included and has a lot of choice.

Great hostel! Excellent location near the old part of town, and shopping area. We were walking distance to everything we wanted to see/do. The staff were all very friendly and helpful! Our room was en suite and very clean! The kitchen (could use a little fixing up) and lounge are located in the basement where there is plenty of space to hang out. Very reasonably priced.

Vagabonds is the best! Favorite hostel of anywhere I've stayed...warm and friendly staff, great atmosphere, great location

Loved our stay. The staff were very helpful and the atmosphere was great.

This hostel has a really great atmosphere. Clean and there's free breakfast. I liked the location, easy to walk to the center but also near the university district and botanical gardens. Would stay here again!

We spent one night at the hostel and we really enjoyed the atmosphere, typical youth hostel .We "oldies" stayed in a private room while our sons slept in a dorm. Lively and friendly and yet not too noisy during the night!! The central location wad very handy too. Thanks to the staff for their helpfulness.

• 5th Jul 2014

Vagabonds is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are very helpful, it is in a good location, I have now been there twice and will defiantly be going back again.

Great location and best staff of anywhere I've ever stayed! It is a really fun and social hostel, so if you're looking to meet awesome people stay here! (Not so much if you're looking for quiet)

Fun atmosphere, fun people, a fun place to stay! Definitely on the younger side so expect noise until later on the weekends, but that also means you're bound to meet people to join you in whatever you're doing. A great place!

Sean is handsome.

Really liked this hostel, wish I could have stayed longer! Definitely recommend it. We had no issues at all, the staff were great.

Great hostel, perfect for myself as a solotraveller; great to meet people and staff really helpful

Stayed for 4 nights. Great staff and location. This place had a fun vibe and a really awesome group of people. Kitchen was set up really nicely with free tea and coffee, pretty good breakfast. Facilities were clean and tidy, they even have a ping pong table and billiards! The best part though is the people. The common room makes it easy to chat with everyone and has a TV where we watched the world cup games or a movie. Great place to be, highly recommend!

Truly a home away from home. The staff at Vagabonds became our own little Belfast Family. Recommended plenty of things to do and was very accommodating for our need to watch the World Cup. PS Sean is handsome and Bob makes awesome pasta.

The atmosphere of Vagabonds was incredible. The staff were friendly, super helpful, and just plain amazing! The hostel is itself was in a great location and close to the bus station and everything we wanted to see such as the Titanic Museum. Being in our early twenties this was a perfect place to meet people around our age from different places around the world. I highly recommend this hostel you will not regret it!!

Very friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Vagabonds was the best hostel I stayed in over a 4-month backpacking trip in Europe. I spoke with people who had reorganized their travel itineraries to stay there longer. The staff was relaxed yet accommodating, the house had everything I needed (clean facilities, WiFi, lockers, great kitchen. etc.), and you can be as involved with the going-out scene as you like (including not at all). Honestly, hanging out on the back patio area with other travelers was a fave memory from my visit to Belfast.