Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1914 Total Reviews

Vagabonds made us feel like family. The hostel is cozy enough to allow the gathering of people to make friends. We had a terrific time because of this hostel and would truly recommend it to others. Ciao staff!!

An awesome hostel ! I would definitely recommend staying here; everyone is super friendly and helpful and the whole place has a real home vibe. If I come back to Belfast this will be my 1st choice hostel!

To the staff of that great hostel,with never ending smiles,goodwill to help,and facilitate a grumpy Marathon runner.THANKS a million. Ye have created a hostel with a homely,relaxing atmosphere. A place that is spotless,full of smiley cheerful staff,that in turn leads to happy clients. A simple formula that is rare in many 5 star hotels Money cannot buy what ye have Its the happy peoples hostel,why cant I be that happy at work try and transfer that good will and friendship to Belfast city

• 4th May 2014

Decent place, great showers, really great showers actually. Decent size and amenities in common spaces, flexible friendly staff. Have to be honest though, it's let down a bit by general grubbiness compared to other hostels I've been in having paid similar money. I'd still go back.

I loved this Hostel. Firstly, the staff were all friendly and helpful. There was a small problem on my arrival with my room door key, and they could not have done any more to sort out the problem, - bear in mind this was at 22.00hrs. Really great service from them. The Location was fantastic too, close to some lively bars, and a 10 minute walk to the centre. The rooms, bathrooms, and bedding were all clean too. I will be going back to Belfast and this will be where I shall stay again!

Great hostel! Cozy atmosphere in the chill out room, as well as a beautiful beer garden in the back with pool table, ping pong and a barbecue, definitely a perfect spot to socialize with the other guests. The private shower rooms were in very good condition. Staff was really helpful and friendly since we arrived. They took us on a pub crawl which was real fun, and we were lucky enough to be shown a selection of creative and inspiring dance moves by Rich, the manager. Best hostel I've stayed in!

The hostel has been great. Lot of fun, friendly and available staff. Beds were clean, shower was hot, and I had plenty of time to do breakfast and check out..and after that, I still spent the whole afternoon playing pool with some staff member. They also booked for me a cheap taxi tour of the city that drove me in some amazing spots that I would have never found out.

• 1st May 2014

Amazing hostel - atmosphere and staff are amazing, rooms are individually created and the facilities and kitchen are clean. I would definitely go there again, when I am again in Belfast!

Definitely would recommend staying here. I stayed in the private double with a friend and it was perfect. Clean and great location for our purposes. The rooms TV didn't work but other than that the place was great for our needs and good value for money.

I loved this hostel. Rooms were so nicely decorated and warm and cosy. Bed was really comfy and everywhere really clean. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The hostel was really great, everyone working there was friendly and informed about things to do in the city, etc. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• 25th Apr 2014

Super cool staff, really felt like a community. I would highly recommend it!

• 25th Apr 2014

We had an amazing time here - the atmosphere is brilliant and definitely what we were looking for. There was a lot of staff so slightly confusing who was a guest and who wasn't but it didn't matter :) the dorms are lovely and spacious and the bathrooms were ridiculously clean for so many people. Breakfast was good for being included and the staff showed us a really good time for nights out too!

A lovely place to stay. Staff were friendly and welcoming, and mix with the guests all the time. Free food (pasta, etc) if you were suddenly caught short on that front. Location-wise only 3 minutes' walk from Botanic station and in the heart of the action at night. Although certain facilities could do with a little bit of renovation, it was obvious that care was taken in decorating and equipping the place and a lot of thoughts went into it. It was quite obvious why it won multiple awards.

If you're visiting Belfast THIS is the place to stay! Vagabonds is laid-back, modern, comfy and has all sorts of other great features but the most important thing was the staff! Those people know how to make you feel at home and we had a blast hanging out and partying with them! We had some unforgettable days and nights(!) there and will definitely come back as soon as possible!

Thank you so, so much guys, you are honestly running the most friendly and fun backpackers i have even stayed at, I really hope to visit again soon! x

The breakfast ended at 11, which was amazing, especially after a big night out. The bathrooms were private, homey and the water was hot! The BBQ and outdoor area was great! Backpackers and staff all sat outside together for a feed and a few drinks before being taken out for the night. We had a bit of a competition on the pool table, couldn't beat Mete (pool champion). It was really easy to meet people. The staff showed me around when I arrived, which was an extra nice touch. Best hostel yet!

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel was absolutely amazing, I actually miss it! Both the staff and even the people staying were such a pleasure to be around. It is the perfect place to go for anyone traveling on their own, as I was, and people are always willing to either venture around the city or spend a night out on the town at a cleverly named pub.

The best place to stay in Belfast!!! Very clean, very happy and the staff was excellent!! Really helpful, nice and good for jokes. I had have a really nice time with them. You can also go to partys with them!! The hostel is totally for backpackers!!. One of the best hostel I have ever been.

Awesome place to stay! Cosy atmosphere and easy to meet/socialize with people. Very well located and clean. You can tell this hostel is owned by an experienced backpacker.