Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2025 Total Reviews

Unreal hostel!! The people and the atmosphere were marvelous. A plethora of good times. A chill vibe and everyone is relaxed and inviting. Guaranteed you will not leave without having a few good belly laughs. Breaky is super yummy. Pool and pong table out back, so accept the challenge!! I was there for a few days and became part of the family, the hostel and people made Belfast hard to leave! Well done Vagabonds! Cheers from Canada

• 10th Jun 2014

Best hostel ever. Great atmosphere, the staff are really friendly and are always up for a drink and a round of pool. Facilities are excellent, all the showers are in separate rooms and are kept clean, and every dorm has lots of outlets. Late checkout is a huge bonus. I ended up staying here twice and extending my stay because I had such a great time.

• 8th Jun 2014

Hostel is well located and was very clean. It can be a bit loud later in the evening. Most of the hostel staff were very helpful, especially when it came to booking an Antrim Coast Tour.

The staff at vagabonds really make it a good place to stay. Everyone is helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere in fun and welcoming. Definitely good for the line traveler. The only thing I would complain about is the mattress, since I could feel the springs sticking into my back. But it didn't make me lose sleep or anything. Maybe a couple more outlets in the rooms, too. But overall good stuff!

• 5th Jun 2014

Highly recommend this hostel! 3 common areas, one with pool table and ping pong table, which makes the hostel a lot more social than others. nice and helpful staff, they also take you for a pub crawl at weekends if you ask them ;) at times italian dinner cooked by bob, cheap and really tasty! clean rooms, enough restrooms and showers, lockers are big and beds are comfortable. central! was one of the best hostels on my round the world trip, and i've stayed at least in more than 40 hostels!

I loved Vagabonds as soon as I walked through the door. Simply cool vibe, great staff, plenty of chill space, and just an overall great place. Staying there again on my way back through Belfast without a doubt. :)

• 5th Jun 2014

Vagabonds would have to be one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Good facilities and excellent staff, who are always up for a chat and laugh. It's especially a great place for solo travellers - it has a really sociable vibe. I would most definitely stay here again, when visiting Belfast.

Great facilities. Very clean and well kept. Nice atmosphere.

• 1st Jun 2014

After an error with my booking the staff were amazing in handling everything. They made sure I had a bed to sleep in and the hostel had a pretty good atmosphere too. Easy to get chatting to others.

• 31st May 2014

It is a really good option if you want to stay in Belfast. The hostel is very nice, good located and with all the facilities, everything clean and in good condition. The staff is really nice, all of them make you feel like one more from the first moment, they help you with everything, and you know a very good people there!!!Wish we could have spent more time in Vagabonds. Thank you for everything, especially to Javi, Genesis and Bob. It was a great pleasure meeting you!

• 31st May 2014
  • Spain

Vagabonds was one of the best hostels I have stayed at! The staff is helpful and fun. This place makes you feel like you are at a home away from home. It is in a great location, surrounded by some phenomenal nightlife. I would recommend it to anyone!

Brilliant Hostel! Great location, great facilities, really cozy and safe too. The common areas were really great for meeting people, the staff were super friendly, and the whole experience was hassle free. Thanks!

Incredible and friendly carnival of people. Not ideal for people on business but travelers and students should find this place a haven.

• 25th May 2014

This hostel is very cozy and awesome for getting to know the other guests. Some of the staff are better than others but overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is a little further than other places but it is definitely worth the extra distance. The showers are absolutely amazing as well as the chill out room. I would definitely recommend this place to others and in fact I already have. Great Job Vagabonds!

We really enjoyed staying at Vagabonds! My boyfriend and I stayed at the 12 bed dorm and we weren’t sure if it was a good decision. Turn out to be that we had an incredible time, we met great people we went to tours and pubs with! The staff at Vagabonds was also incredible and always willing to help us and give us advices for what to do and when. Thank you Vagabonds!

I absolutely loved it here. Very good atmosphere and the staff were friendly and full of recommendations. Staying here for sure if I ever come to Belfast again

Only had the pleasure to stay here on night, but it was great. Staff was very friendly and welcoming, showers good, rooms nice, clean fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

EXTREMELY kind and very understanding of travelers who have been on the road. Only three showers or so for the whole hostel, so it is best to take them at night. No big deal. I'd go here again in a heartbeat.

Need more plugs in the rooms/a light by each bed. Bathroom in the 14 bed dorm wasn't that clean. Apart from that it was a good stay

Vagabonds is truly a home away from home, the atmosphere is amazing. I couldn't recommend it more. Richard, Sarah and Mete' made me feel very welcome at the hostel. The rooms were cleaned daily and the facilities were spotless. The showers even had really good water pressure which was nice for a change! Thanks again guys - Tom