Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Other than the main door being left open a few times, I felt like this was one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe. Keep it up!!! :)

This place is amazing! The atmosphere is wondeful, from the moment I arrived I was greeted as a friend. The location is perfect, very close to the city centre with many bars and clubs around and the overall cleanliness of the place is top notch. I arrived here a guest and left a part of a family.

Good hostel and staff

The hostel was really, really welcoming. It was a little hard to find at night when I arrived, as although it is opposite a very obvious church, the front isn't really lit. It was nice and clean, especially the showers, without being completely spotless (the hallways and stairs felt more lived in). There was some noise on the Saturday night, but generally everyone respected the quiet nights and their fellow travellers. The staff really helped the friendly atmosphere develop.

Great place, so friendly and helpful. Will be back

• 11th Nov 2014

I extended my stay for 3 more days due to bad weather and I enjoyed staying here so much. The staff is the nicest hostel staff I've ever met. They turn movies on for us to watch on bad weather, go to movies and bars together, put blankets around you when you nap, and roast marshmellows on a cold weather. The staff remembers your first name and all of your background and talk to you. One shortcoming(?) is that you can't tell who is working and who is staying because they are just so friendly

Wonderful place full of character and atmosphere. You can tell the owners put a lot of love into the place and understand what travellers want in a hostel. Staff are absolutely amazing people who welcome you into the family the moment you step through the door - they're also heaps of fun to have a few drinks with (do yourself a favour and head to Lavery's top floor on a Saturday night to check out Amy and Richie's dance moves). Will definitely be back.

Bar none the best hostel I've stayed in Europe! Great location near tons of good bars, clean faciliies witht tons of bathrooms, but what sets this hostel apparts is the FANTASTIC atmosphere (and ought to admit the very friendly

Very warm and welcoming atmosphere, it's like being at home but with people that you don't know and you can learn something from everyone of them. The hostel is fantastic and really equipped: cheap laundry service, free WiFi, a zillion of bathrooms, ping pong and pool table. The staff is really friendly and you can join the guys for a pub crawl or anything. I wish I could stay longer, but I'll surely come back.

• 9th Nov 2014

Best hostel ever!

super friendly, nicely decorated, convenient location

I had a good time there. Staff was nice. Nice facilities.

• 7th Nov 2014

Fantastic hostel, great family atmosphere, oh and that Lorenzo guy is dishy

Friendly place with a home like feel. Dorm rooms are average and are missing power outlets for phone charging.

Very cool, eclectic place!! Friendly staff! Will definitely stay there again if I'm back in the area! Would highly recommend!!

• 1st Nov 2014

Hostel was pretty good, but I also stayed at Global Village about 5mins away which I found a lot better - though it costs a little more. In my opinion, the extra cost was worth it. Still, this is a very good hostel too. I stayed in the 14 person room. It was actually pretty okay, maybe a little cramped but not bad.

Decent city centre hostel. Big rooms, comfortable beds. Free breakfast and wifi.

Vagabonds hostel is excellent! The staff team and the atmosphere are great! I strong recommend this hostel! :)

Myself and 2 friends stayed on Halloween Night and could not recommend this place enough, everyone was so friendly and we all went out in a group (including staff) it was a brilliant night - will def book in to stay again

ONE OF THE BEST EVER HOSTELS! Only a 10 min walk into the city and very close to Queens university. Has a very family based culture and had so much fun here with everyone.Would definitely recommend. All amenities are very convenient and clean, etc! Enjoy your travels and thanks to Richard and the Team for a great stay!!