Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Vagabonds just may be the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff are really nice and genuinely want to befriend the guests. The bed wasn't the most comfortable thing, but for the price you can't beat it. I 100% recommend it.

everything was perfect from location, cleanliness of beds to friendly staff. Only issue was the showers/toilets were not clean.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Vagabonds is the best hostel I ever been to! The athmosphere is so amazing, the showers are great and it is located a close walk from the city centre. However, it's the staff that really makes the whole experience fantastic. They are kind, helpful, outgoing (and sexy!). The only place to stay in Belfast! 100%

Best staff of a hostel that I have ever met. Very knowledgable about the city and makes you feel at home. Only 5-10 minutes walk from all the great places to go out. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Vagabonds. I couldn't have asked for better facilities and the staff were excellent, especially in the way they tried to ensure everyone felt included in what Belfast ahd to offer. They pointed me in the right direction for visits and things to do and they also went with others to some of the local pubs and clubs. I loved the atmosphere and the way different nationalities were greeted in their own languages and integrated into the way the hostel runs. Love it.

• 13th Jan 2015

had a lovely time

The place has a lovely atmosphere however the heating in the room wasn't working which meant the place was very cold at night.

Normally I don't think that you can give a 100%, but I really was 100% happy with vagabonds. The house looks so cool, the people were so great, it felt like home. I wish I could stay there forever!

• 7th Jan 2015

If in Belfast you must stay here, rad staff, clean, good value for money, and a homely atmosphere. She's BONZA

• 6th Jan 2015

Really nice clean rooms, clean bathrooms, awesome wall decorations

I loved staying at Vagabonds. Good location, clean rooms and athmosphere (and specially) staff were amazing. Would definitely stay here again.

My three friends and I stayed at Vagabonds for two nights over New Year and we're already planning a trip back!! Such a cool atmosphere and the decor is also v.funky! The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and we met some really interesting people :)

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Really wicked Hostel, most amazing and friendly staff, I literally felt like I was a part of a massive family, everyone, guests and staff they were all so friendly and cool, the beds and facilities were clean and the breakfast was ace. Location was great, an East 12 - 15 min work to the city centre and lots of food and supermarkets close by. I will most definitely be going back there again when I go to Belfast next time. Thanks Vagabonds!

I'm going through Vegabounds withdrawal symptoms.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Kenya

Originally was going to only stay on the 29th. Stayed 27th and 28th also. Great atmosphere, lovely people. Made some great friends (who I forgot to get their contact details off, haha!) Was very sick one of the days, they were very helpful with telling me where the pharmacy was and giving me an extra blanket etc. Cannot reccomend this hostel enough :)

• 29th Dec 2014

Awesome hostel! Very friendly and great atmosphere - pretty much created by the staff. So many hostels people just keep to themselves and sit on their phones, but here the staff got people socializing and it is great! Special shout out to Matthew and… Robert? Richard? Sorry I can't remember the name.. should have filled this in earlier…. :-) I like that you get the tour when you arrive also so you know exactly what is where without wandering around feeling lost.

I had a great time thanks to the amazing staff! Richard would get us all playing games, which is great for making new friends, and even took a bunch of us to Lavery's on the weekend. If you were lucky you could find Riley playing guitar, and he could convince other musically inclined travellers to play too. The rest of the staff were just as friendly and helpful with anything you asked. There was more to do in Belfast than I had time for, so I'll just have to go back ;)

I'd been in Belfast twice before and on both occasions I'd tried to find a place in Vagabonds but it was fully booked. This is the first time I actually stayed there and they were worth the wait. Excellent place, excellent staff, loved the room and the area and the general vibe. Totally recommended.

Absolutely loved this hostel. You feel right at home and everyone on staff was incredibly helpful with everything from booking tours to finding the best late night food. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Great hostel, you will never feel lonely