Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The best hostel I've been to. The atmosphere is more than awesome, and the staff is very friendly. They have improved my pool-skills, my english and there is lovely Italian food you can eat. In every room is a bathroom, which was more than enough. And last but not least, the peanutbutter you can eat during breakfast is delicious:) I would definitely go there when I would head over to Belfast again!

• 22nd Jun 2014

My sister and I stayed for a couple of nights and wish we would've stayed longer. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the atmosphere was great! We will definitely stay there again.

Loved the culture and environment of this hostel....best suited for backpackers trying to meet people. It is a very open and welcoming environment. Wished I stayed for more than one night and wasnt as tired as I was when I arrived but I definitely loved everything that was going on about this hostel

Vagabonds might have been the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The showers were amazing, better than the one i have at home! Decoration and staff were equally lovely, thanks for a comfortable stay!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Finland

BEST. HOSTEL. EVER. I have only ever stayed in one other hostel that I enjoyed this much (Ginger Monkey in Slovakia). We ended up not sleeping at all because we stayed up all night hanging out with the staff and other travelers. (But back in the dorms, it WAS quiet.) If you are looking for somewhere to make friends from all over the world, this is your place. I'm going back to Belfast next year just so I can stay here again.

Deserves all the positive reviews.

• 18th Jun 2014

Definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in. All of the staff were so welcoming and helpful. They really created a great atmosphere for meeting people. Many of the staff knew me by name and made an effort to talk to me every day. Really cool outdoor area for hanging out with other visitors. I 100% recommend staying here!

Nice private room and nice hostel! Breakfast included and good craic

Absolutely fantastic hostel. We only stayed for a couple of days but I loved the homey atmosphere and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again! (The pool table is also a plus ;))

Vagabonds is fine place to stay and Belfast is a wonderful city. My one major issue with this hostel though is the lack of any clear management or staff structure. It's entirely unclear who is actually working there and those that are also live there so it's almost impossible to tell who is 'on duty' and who is taking a break to watch some TV or whatever. These same staff members are additionally messy and unprofessional. A manager needs to step up and take control because it's pathetic.

Mostly unsightly unprofessional looking. What is cool can become gross. Needs a make over.

• 13th Jun 2014

Nice place to stay while in Belfast!

Good hostel in a good location, walking distance from the centre of town. Beds were comfortable and rooms clean. Breakfast is included and was great - cereal, toast and fruit, a good start to the day! Really nicely decorated with some lovely common areas (including the courtyard) and the staff were very friendly. Shared bathrooms were ok, if we had one complaint it is that they could perhaps be cleaned a little more regularly (but they really were fine!).

Vagabonds is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are amazing and instantly make you feel at home. The rooms are a good size with heaps of power points. Location is great. Late breakfasts is a huge bonus. As a solo traveller I couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere and overall hostel experience. Thanks guys.

Unreal hostel!! The people and the atmosphere were marvelous. A plethora of good times. A chill vibe and everyone is relaxed and inviting. Guaranteed you will not leave without having a few good belly laughs. Breaky is super yummy. Pool and pong table out back, so accept the challenge!! I was there for a few days and became part of the family, the hostel and people made Belfast hard to leave! Well done Vagabonds! Cheers from Canada

• 10th Jun 2014

Best hostel ever. Great atmosphere, the staff are really friendly and are always up for a drink and a round of pool. Facilities are excellent, all the showers are in separate rooms and are kept clean, and every dorm has lots of outlets. Late checkout is a huge bonus. I ended up staying here twice and extending my stay because I had such a great time.

Hostel is well located and was very clean. It can be a bit loud later in the evening. Most of the hostel staff were very helpful, especially when it came to booking an Antrim Coast Tour.

The staff at vagabonds really make it a good place to stay. Everyone is helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere in fun and welcoming. Definitely good for the line traveler. The only thing I would complain about is the mattress, since I could feel the springs sticking into my back. But it didn't make me lose sleep or anything. Maybe a couple more outlets in the rooms, too. But overall good stuff!

• 5th Jun 2014

Highly recommend this hostel! 3 common areas, one with pool table and ping pong table, which makes the hostel a lot more social than others. nice and helpful staff, they also take you for a pub crawl at weekends if you ask them ;) at times italian dinner cooked by bob, cheap and really tasty! clean rooms, enough restrooms and showers, lockers are big and beds are comfortable. central! was one of the best hostels on my round the world trip, and i've stayed at least in more than 40 hostels!

I loved Vagabonds as soon as I walked through the door. Simply cool vibe, great staff, plenty of chill space, and just an overall great place. Staying there again on my way back through Belfast without a doubt. :)

• 5th Jun 2014