Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

2053 Total Reviews

If you're visiting Belfast THIS is the place to stay! Vagabonds is laid-back, modern, comfy and has all sorts of other great features but the most important thing was the staff! Those people know how to make you feel at home and we had a blast hanging out and partying with them! We had some unforgettable days and nights(!) there and will definitely come back as soon as possible!

Thank you so, so much guys, you are honestly running the most friendly and fun backpackers i have even stayed at, I really hope to visit again soon! x

The breakfast ended at 11, which was amazing, especially after a big night out. The bathrooms were private, homey and the water was hot! The BBQ and outdoor area was great! Backpackers and staff all sat outside together for a feed and a few drinks before being taken out for the night. We had a bit of a competition on the pool table, couldn't beat Mete (pool champion). It was really easy to meet people. The staff showed me around when I arrived, which was an extra nice touch. Best hostel yet!

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel was absolutely amazing, I actually miss it! Both the staff and even the people staying were such a pleasure to be around. It is the perfect place to go for anyone traveling on their own, as I was, and people are always willing to either venture around the city or spend a night out on the town at a cleverly named pub.

The best place to stay in Belfast!!! Very clean, very happy and the staff was excellent!! Really helpful, nice and good for jokes. I had have a really nice time with them. You can also go to partys with them!! The hostel is totally for backpackers!!. One of the best hostel I have ever been.

Awesome place to stay! Cosy atmosphere and easy to meet/socialize with people. Very well located and clean. You can tell this hostel is owned by an experienced backpacker.

Brilliant hostel. It's not too big so it really has a friendly atmosphere and it is so easy to meet people. Richard and a couple of the other staff even came out with us on a Monday night where we danced up a storm! Amazing value for money. Stay here!!!

By far the best hostel I've stayed at. Great vibe. Friendly, helpful staff (very laid back). Safe location in the student quarter. The guests are a little loud and didn't always close the door (leaving my belongings vulnerable, but luckily it wasn't a problem). There are lockers available, good wifi, and a great common area. I felt very comfortable there. Be sure to ask staff and other guest for recommendations on things to do!

Bathrooms weren't great. Poor lighting, not enough places to put things while showering. The top bathrooms - only one shower would work at a time (not both at the same time if two people wanted to shower at once). The shower on it's own, without a sink or toilet in the same room was not very handy. I did not understand how the front door worked - it seemed like we had to just barge our way in & half break it. Also our room window was left open on the day we checked in & flies were everywhere

One of the best places that I have stayed, ever. The staff add something very special and make sure that everyone is looked after and happy, a really good place.

• 4th Apr 2014

Great hostel, nice atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great beer-garden out back. Beds comfy. Great place to meet new people.

The hostel is a very friendly, the staff were all lovely and from what I gathered they all go out in the evenings together and anyone is welcome to come along!! Great atmosphere! Bathrooms were clean and I did not have to wait to have a shower in the morning. If would recommend it to anyone, especially if your looking to make a base somewhere for a few days / months and explore / get to know people!

• 1st Apr 2014

If you're into stereotypical "hostel culture," this is for you. The facilities are really good, but I prefer somewhere a bit quieter--the crowd there was really rowdy. One guy, who I think isn't real staff but is working in exchange for a place to stay (I'm not sure), was friendly but unprofessional--literally f-bombs every other word, and he was pressuring us to try some weird alcohol he had (which we did, and it was fine, but I felt like I was in high school). Overall it was good.

The staff were very friendly and helpful apart from a few misunderstandings about the payment when we arrived. The group I travelled with loved the private bathrooms and the lounges. The kitchen we felt was small for the number of guests the hostel can accommodate, however it was equipped well. We didn't know about the free breakfast which was a lovely bonus! The hostel is secure thanks to the fob-key front door entry system . Excellent value for money in a nice part of Belfast.

• 30th Mar 2014

Vagabonds is the best hostel in Northern Ireland and I highly recommend staying here, especially if your traveling alone because the staff will make you feel very welcome.

• 28th Mar 2014

The staff and atmosphere at vagabonds is outstanding! Had possible the best stay here out of my whole Ireland trip because of it. So friendly, fun and welcoming! I will definately be back :)

Great hostel, great staff, would highly recommend.

Great hostel and very clean. It's decorated very nice and has some cool artwork on the walls. Friendly staff and seem to be good craic in the living room with everyone hanging out..tho I was too tired to take part due to previous nights out :)

Great fun staying at Vagabonds. the staff are all very nice, the 17 of them. hahaha. I totally recomend this hostel.

Staff are really friendly willing to help you with everything you need including planing your stays activities. Free breakfast included. Also dinner at the hostel at a small fee, plenty of dvds when you want to chill out . Rooms are clean and soooo warm, so warm no need for a blanket. One of the few hostels I felt even too warm in. Its decorated so cool too. STAY HERE!!! I cant wait to get back! :)