Vagabonds Reviews

9 University Road, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great stay in the middle of the city center! So easy to find, safe area, close to great food, shopping, and sites. Friendly welcome, tours can be booked at the desk, and the staff show you great local places to hang out. Plus free wifi, linens, and breakfast!

Best hostel we've ever stayed in. The staff went above and beyond! Great location and facilities. Our 12 bed dorm was spacious, had large lockers (no padlock)

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • BackpackerBabes1

Staff were extremely friendly, helping us carry our very heavy bags up several floors. It's a pretty big hostel, so there are lots of people. We only stayed one night and didn't do any activities with the other guests, but I expect there were some. Breakfast was on the better end of the continental breakfast side, with lots of jams and Nutella and oranges. Staff was always around to help clean up. Very pretty and well designed. Small room but comfortable beds. Would stay here again.

Can't rate it high enough. Vagabonds is always fantastic and the best. Chilled out, relaxed, friendly, great craic, and immaculate. If like me you love meeting new people and sharing interesting stories and making new friends, then you'll love it, especially since meeting the pool hustler from Galway, the lovely Caroline, whose contact details I forgot to get. The staff have traveled the world too and know the best hangouts in Belfast, so they'll give you lots of helpful info and support.

Love a good party, but screaming out psycho killer until 3am isn't much fun for people that have to get up at 4:30am to catch a flight.

This was one of the cleanest, most pleasantly modern and comfortable hostels I have visited. The welcome tour is an excellent way to orient guests and make them feel enthusiastically welcome. Breakfast was a delight, especially the Nutella. For a solo traveler in town for one night, it was a fantastic experience. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• 20th Jul 2014

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff made us feel so welcome. We stayed up with them until 3 in the morning watching TV. They made us dinner and even catered for my friend who is allergic to most foods. The facilities are very good. The décor is lovely and showers seem to have been just refurbished. Breakfast was lovely and there were lots of choices of toppings for toast.

Great hostel, nice helpful staff, relaxed friendly atmosphere, overall we are very glad to have stayed at Vagabonds in Belfast! Only problem being the bathrooms for the downstairs dorm : only 2 toilets and 2 showers for 14 people can make mornings (and evenings) problematic, and the poor ventilation with no windows at all makes the bathroom very very damp all the time. At least adding a sink inside the dorm would make it easier to brush teeth, take out lenses or quickly wash one's face!

Probably the best and most awesome hostel I have ever seen!

I likes the energy in this hostel. Most bathrooms and showers had been updated modernized. I am older travelers (50s) and this hostel stuck me as a younger person's hostel. The kitchen was really small so don't plan on cooking any meals there. The common area coaches and chairs.could use a good cleaning.

• 19th Jul 2014

Lively hostel. Definitely suited to the younger travellers. The staff are always keen for drink and to show you the local bars, it is hard to tell who actually works there and is running the place though.

The noise from ground floor with reception never stopped until 2-3am. Loud laughing and talking......I could not sleep well at all.

Met some amazing people here! Everyone is so relaxed and there is always something to do, fab atmosphere!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent location and amazing outdoor garden area. If you like partying this is the place for you! Can be quite noisy at night and all the mattresses in my room had springs sticking into your back. But if you go out with the staff and other travellers and have a few beers, I'm sure you will sleep well and neither of these things will bother you! Staff are pretty friendly but the reception just seems unorganised and you can never tell who works there. Would still come back and stay again.

This place was just what I needed: quiet, friendly, budget-friendly. It's run by volunteers who also live there, so they treat the place more like a boarding house and eagerly welcome in new guests. They have a pasta dinner that you can buy into for cheap (helpful since most of the restaurants close by are closed). The dorms are spacious (stayed in a 6 bed, all female). It is close to tour bus stops, and the Belfast city bus stops right outside. Thanks to Sean for making me feel welcome.

A really cool hostel and fun environment. It would be very hard not to enjoy your stay. The breakfast was great - really good selection of cereals, bread and spreads and even fresh fruit:) Great staff and great atmosphere, would definitely come back.

The boys at reception were very sweet and helped everyone checking in carry their bags upstairs. The place was nice and the rooms cosy. Only negative was that there were lines for the bathrooms occasionally.

Really good hostel for meeting people, so if your travelling alone it's ideal. The staff are really friendly and helpful and get everybody involved. Also breakfast is included and has a lot of choice.

Great hostel! Excellent location near the old part of town, and shopping area. We were walking distance to everything we wanted to see/do. The staff were all very friendly and helpful! Our room was en suite and very clean! The kitchen (could use a little fixing up) and lounge are located in the basement where there is plenty of space to hang out. Very reasonably priced.

Vagabonds is the best! Favorite hostel of anywhere I've stayed...warm and friendly staff, great atmosphere, great location