Valencia Mediterranean House Reviews

Avenida Mediterraneo 30, Valencia, Spain

We got a bit of a surprise when we found out that this wasn't actually a hostel and, though the owner said she had explained this, I couldn't find any relevant emails. This turned out as we had a great time with the host and other guests in the house but it did start a bit awkwardly as this meant that the owner had been waiting especially for us at their office so we felt really bad that we arrive late! But the location, rght by the beach and bus links into the city, was ideal!

• 13th Jul 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I think you did not understand us well. We meant we were not a hostel but a private apartment. Glad you really enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

Feel at home. Very close to the beach. Todo transportación. Nice Star.

booked whole room, when arrived got a guest till last day on the next bed :)

• 23rd May 2014
  • Georgia

YOU must be talking about another hostel. Please change your review. My husband Alex took you there and you had the room all to yourself. It only had one double bed there was no bed next to you. you were given a key. And no one else was there during your stay.

Great location 5 min. from beach in a very typical spanish quarters. Very nice staff. Clean place. I highly recommed it.

Ir más a great location vestigio homenaje, in the middle of a beautiful turn of the century neighborhood. Great staff always so helpful. Very clean installations. Will return.

Very dissapointed. The place to pick up the keys was also the accomodation place in a very poor, unsafe area for evenings. Bedroom on groundfloor had no direct view, just patio view. Breakfast was everyday the same. Bathroom and toilets were not clean and towels for handwash were never changed in 5 days. Well this owner only wants to earn money... Very poor place and this place does not deserve at all to be on hostelworld!

I am sorry you were disappointed that your room faced the patio. Which is common to an antique house as ours. Breakfast is a Spanish breakfast which consist of toast, cofee, tea, chocolate, jam and butter as well as fruit juice. The bathroom was cleaned everydayour own personal towel plus a beach towel, our staff lived in the house with you so you could have ask for a clean and one and we would have gladly changed it if. Sorry you did not like such a historical area.

We loved it there! The house is within close distance to the beach, and a short bus ride (or longer walk) to the sights in the town. The owner and staff were EXCELLENT and very helpful to us. It was a great atmosphere at the house, and a lot of fun things to do. We wish we could have stayed longer.

Apartment location different from advertised but staff were helpful and sent map to new location.

• 22nd May 2013

It's a greatly located hostel, only 1min walk from the beach!!!!!! Me and my friends stayed in the private shared bedroom of 4 and it was great, very big and comfy. The only inconvenient was that there was no internet available and there's only one bathroom that smells bad but otherwise everything was great. This rooms leads to a nice small balcony. It's a small family owned hostel very charming, feels like a home on the beach!

When I arrived at the house close to the beach I was advised that it was full & I was told I was booked into another property. They brought me to an apartment on the 4th floor a little further away from the beach (Carrer de Francesc Baldomar 20) , but right beside the tram stop. Although I was initially a little disappointed, the apartment was clean & had all mod cons (except WiFi, but there a great little cafe "Capricho' by the tram stop). I recommend but just ask which property u will be in.

On arrival we were moved to Poblats Maritims as the place where we were due to stay was due for closure. The property was lovely, new,clean, and also very close to the beautiful beaches.The hosts Susana and Alex were extremely welcoming and very kind. They gave us maps and other useful information about the events for Las Fallas. Although a little far out of the city centre there are bus-stops on the next street and a tram that takes you right into the centre. We really enjoyed our stay.

• 15th Mar 2013

This is a brand new shining hostel, very confie, and located just a few minutes from the beach. A nice place to stay when visiting Valencia.

Propertyis completely new, looks very nice. Location is very good,is 5-7min by walk till beach, there is tram and bus stops close.

• 15th Mar 2013
  • Russia

Great location. Well linked. Very helpful staff, and very clean.

Great location near the beach and the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Definitely recommended!

• 1st Nov 2012

Please be warned! Bad management attitude and a Disgusting place to stay. Don't expect to stay in the room/hostel you've booked, they'll decide that for you. There's no lock on the toilet, toilet/shower wasn't cleaned over my 5 day stay. I got to wait 25 minutes for the owner to turn up. I had booked a room close to Malvarosso beach but I was driven to a flat in the Port area instead. I refused to stay there.. Don't spoil your trip, check reviews and please stay somewhere else..

Unfortunately we had a lot of rain in Valencia as we explained and the house had water leaks that needed to be fixed so we upgraded you to a better house and room in the same area of the beach. I suppose that you did not appreciate the fact, that even though you decided you did not want to stay we took you to a third house which you agreed upon staying. I am afraid that you did not know how to use the lock which is very modern and that is why you where unable to close the door properly. Our cleaning staff did go however you probably did not coincide. Hope you enjoyed your stay inspite of not approving of our reallocation due to unexpected problems.

very nice, clean and cheap - your own appartment right in the middle of the city!

• 22nd Oct 2012
  • Austria

Verry characteristic house on a super location! If there was free wifi it will be even better :-)

• 13th Oct 2012

Good location, friendly staff

• 11th Oct 2012

We stayed at the malvarrosa apartment since the hostel had some water damage from the heavy rainfalls. The apprtment was a proper apartment in a neighborhood near the beaches of Valencia (about a 10min walk) and about a 20 min walk to the aquarium. The apartment was clean and all equipment to cook a meal was available. The cleaning lady and owner were really friendly and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7