Valentin Apartments and Rooms Reviews

Pitu Guli no.96, Ohrid, Macedonia

Nicoletta was the best! She showed us so much kindness. She took the time to sit with us and showed us which sights to see in Ohrid, as well as helped plan the next steps for our route. The room was very clean, and it's really close to a local grocery store and bakery that offer local prices.

Amazing owner who let me check in at 6 in the morning and treats guests like family. It is obvious how much work she puts in to running the hostel and keeping everything clean. Just 5 minutes walk from bus stop, 8 minutes from 4 big supermarkets and an easy 15 mins stroll from the touristic part of town

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed at in 5 months of traveling around Europe. When I arrived Nikoleta sat down with me and gave me a map with a whole route and hints of where to go. The whole place is very neat and clean. It's so easy to socialise with other guests in the common room or balcony- it makes you feel like you're coming home to a family. I recommend this hostel a 100 times over for the personal attention that you will get.

100% amazing experience. Nika made our time there extremely special. I showed up alone and knowing nothing about Macedonia and left with a handful of great friends and great memories. The hostel itself is very clean--rooms and bathrooms were cleaned daily. Linens smelled fresh upon arrival. I was there for a week and I watched Nika sit down with *every* guest and a map and tell them exactly what's good to see around the city. Wifi was strong most of the time. I wouldn't hesitate to return!

It was really good, welcoming and helpful staff. They didn't se my reservation som I paid full amount even that si prepaid 2€

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel was a bit far from the city centre but I appreciated it not being in the tourist section. Natives were close by and so were prices for locals at the markets and shops. Staff was incredible!!! So friendly and helpful. She gave us a map and explained all of the best places to eat and the order we should visit the sights. The staff truly made this a great experience. We ended up being upgrade to a private room without the charge because we were a couple. We stayed two extra days.

Pro: Unbelievably friendly hostel-owner with an amazing knowledge about Ohrid. She explains everything that is important and offers you coffee and tea when you arrive. Cozy atmosphere and nice, clean rooms. Cheap price for a high value. Located right next to the bus station and 15 minutes away from the city centre. Nice kitchen where you can cook and meet other guests. Contra: simply nothing

Such a nice hostel, rooms are comfortable and we had such a nice host, we received great advise about visits, restaurants, welcomed with a café and smile. We definitely recommand it.