Valentine Hotel Reviews

7/64 Nguyen Cong Tru street, Hue city, Number 7, Lane 64 Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue city, Hue, Vietnam

The Management and staff were without doubt the most helpful and friendly that I have come across in my travels of Vietnam. The hotel is well positioned to access all the tourist attractions in Hue and is great value for money.

• 10th Dec 2014

Valentine hotel was a lovely place to stay as a break from the hostel scene. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, but there was not a whole lot of "atmosphere." For us, it was a nice break from dorms, but certainly lacked a social setting if that's something one is looking for. The facilities are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. We had a lovely stay and would definitely return.

We only stayed one night before starting a motorbike tour. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, with an excellent breakfast included. The hotel is situated in a quiet back street close to the river. We would certainly stay there again if we were in Hué

Valentine hotel is a great choice in Hue! The staff are the best part- they speak great English and are always willing to help you. They will ask you often what you are doing that day, but it is not because they are just pushing you to take their tours- it's just polite. But if you do want to take tours with them, they are very organized. The location is good, a little off the main street so it isn't as loud. Good cafes and restaurants are all around. I thought it was a great value!

• 15th Nov 2014

At first sight, the hostel doesn't look great. BUT the staff was wonderful and really helpful, with a big genuine smile willing to help. We booked motorbikes with them twice, and they also arranged transportation for our bags to Hoi An so we could easily drive there, getting to experience the road and scenery in Vietnam. Simply great. Breakkie included as well. Clean rooms and spacious bathroom - with a tub!

We really loved our 3 nights at Valentine, honestly the best budget hotel we have been in in s.e asia so far. All receptionists were helpful and really friendly, had a homely feel to it! Not far from main shops/bars. Arranged our trip around hue (tombs etc)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Lovely comfortable hotel close by to restaurants but in a quiet area. They let me check in early and I booked a tour through them. Staff are very friendly and cheerful. Lots of choice for breakfast too.

Staff were absolutely amazing! When we arrived we were given an iced tea straight away which was lovely considering the heat! Room was comfortable and bathroom had a bath! I had a problem with my card and they let me use the phone to call uk for a really reasonable price! They also let us shower before our night bus and gave us more iced tea because we looked so hot and bothered ha! It is a little far from imperial city but it's easily walkable and is very close to lots of great places to eat!

Clean room, very good banane pancake for breakfast an super friendly staff! verY good place to stay in if you wish to be in a quiet environnement

The staff at this hotel was super sweet and helpful. They even learned our names abd helped us with everything. They even picked us up from the bus station for free! Totally recommended.

Great Hostel - staff made it such an enjoyable stay. Did everything they could to help you. It was my boyfriends and I's anniversary when we stayed there and they helped my boyfriend organise a nice surprise in my room with flowers etc. Great location and the room was huge with a big bathroom (and bath tub!). Would definitely recommend!

At the beginning the staff seemed very pushy by asking so many questions about what we were doing and where we were going, but soon we found out that this is just a characteristic of central vietnamese people and most of them just want your best and that you feel well and safe. The breakfast was great, matresses uncomfortable. All in all good value for money

Had a pleasant 2 night stay here. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, serving us free iced tea and helping us order take out. Basic needs were met and our room was nice and clean. The bathroom (with a big tub) was the best we experienced in Vietnam! Only minor complaints were that our tv made such a bad hissing noise when we turned it on that we didn't bother using it, and the lighting in the room was bleak with only one working bulb. Otherwise, a great place in a good location!

Very friendly staff who learn your name. We thought the excursions they suggested were more expensive than the local travel agents but other than that no quibbles. Room was spacious and breakfast was decent.

Nice little hotel. Andthe staff were great. They even delivered pizza to our room when we were hungover :D

Staff are very helpful, always making sure you're ok. However they nearly handed out a key to a guy who wasn't staying at the hotel. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a budget hotel. Room was very big for the 3 of us. A bit of a walk to the citadel but near a central eating area.

Staff were very friendly

Nice hotel with good breakfast. Not a hostel kind of vibe but good location and good for a couple nights out of dorms.

There was a group of 6 of us travelling and this hotel offered a triple room with 3 doubles which was perfect for us. The staff were incredibly warm and helpful in getting us to settle in, they also helped us arrange our onward travel to Phong Na. It's be no means a backpackers hostel but it's very good value for money. The only negative comment I have is when they helped us book our tour they booked the wrong one causing us some trouble the following day.

They were very friendly and super helpful. Had a great time here.