Valentine Hotel Reviews

7/64 Nguyen Cong Tru street, Hue city, Number 7, Lane 64 Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue city, Hue, Vietnam

We stayed at the Valentine hotel for 2 nights and had a great stay. The staff is very nice and helpfull and the hotel is very clean. You can choose from 6 options for breakfast which is prepared for you by one of the ladies at the time you prefer. The hostel is at walking-distance from the river and several nice restaurants and bars, but if you want to go a bit further into town they have bikes for rent for a dollar for the whole day. Highly recommended!

Especially thao was such a nice host. She helped us booking our trip to phong nha and then to Hanoi and also gave us good information about phong nha itself. Room was clean and okay, window only to the corridor. Good shower, floormat would be nice...

Stayed one night here in a twin room. Was nice to have your own room for a change after sleeping in lots of dorms. Comfy beds and secure rooms. Good free breakfast. Helpful staff - they can sort out bus transfer to Hoi An for $4 which is a bargain!

Excellent helpful staff. Rooms are basic but clean. Single bed was uncomfortable.

Good location, easy walking distance around Hue. The staff was very friendly and eager to help book any kind of trip imaginable. The breakfast was also good. Rooms are an excellent value for the price, clean and comfortable. However, our shower did not drain. All in all it's a very easy place, and great option for a short stay.

• 14th Jan 2015

Friendly staff and clean rooms. Location was a little hard to find as it was in an alley but it was okay after a day or two. We enjoyed our stay overall.

Hotel staff were friendly and nice. Bed sheets felt dirty and uncleaned hence made sleeping undesirable. "Fresh" bath towels felt damp. Only stayed for one night as I did not want to spend my second night in those horrible bed sheets. Got better value (and cleaner) accommodation elsewhere in Vietnam.

• 1st Jan 2015

Stayed here as it had good ratings on hostel world. Location was pretty average, bit of a walk to get to central area and down a dark side street. The wifi in the room didn't work at all. The bed was rock hard. It was raining whilst we were there and water leaked through bathroom window all over floor. Upside was delicious breakfast and friendly helpful staff. Overall we would stay elsewhere next time

Hotel is located on a secondary street (which I think is a plus in terms that the surroundings are less noisy) and is very close (3 to 10 min walk) to many great dining/drinking alternatives. The hotel's building seems quite new and/or decently maintained.

Perfect hotel with great value for money. Staff is extreamly friendly, (My loc was a great help for us!) they helped us with almost everything and recommended an few tours that we did and is was great!

Staff are welcoming, but can get frustrated if you don't book tours through them, so making you uncomfortable. They don't understand that there may be cheaper tours elsewhere. That being said they did help me when. I broke down on the Hai can pass to Hoi an. But the bikes that they offered aren't the most reliable. Rooms themselves are quite nice, really hot showers but very cold rooms and areas of damp.

I arrived in Hue by overnight train from Hanoi, but I failed to include the train information when I emailed Valentine a request for a pick-up. Someone came anyway, and came half an hour early to make sure she didn't miss me, and then drove me on motorbike through the rain, saving me cab fare. She also refused to take a tip. The facilities were on the average to clean side, but I was just left with an incredibly good impression of the staff. They also served me hot tea when I arrived.

The Management and staff were without doubt the most helpful and friendly that I have come across in my travels of Vietnam. The hotel is well positioned to access all the tourist attractions in Hue and is great value for money.

• 10th Dec 2014

Valentine hotel was a lovely place to stay as a break from the hostel scene. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, but there was not a whole lot of "atmosphere." For us, it was a nice break from dorms, but certainly lacked a social setting if that's something one is looking for. The facilities are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. We had a lovely stay and would definitely return.

We only stayed one night before starting a motorbike tour. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, with an excellent breakfast included. The hotel is situated in a quiet back street close to the river. We would certainly stay there again if we were in Hué

Valentine hotel is a great choice in Hue! The staff are the best part- they speak great English and are always willing to help you. They will ask you often what you are doing that day, but it is not because they are just pushing you to take their tours- it's just polite. But if you do want to take tours with them, they are very organized. The location is good, a little off the main street so it isn't as loud. Good cafes and restaurants are all around. I thought it was a great value!

• 15th Nov 2014

At first sight, the hostel doesn't look great. BUT the staff was wonderful and really helpful, with a big genuine smile willing to help. We booked motorbikes with them twice, and they also arranged transportation for our bags to Hoi An so we could easily drive there, getting to experience the road and scenery in Vietnam. Simply great. Breakkie included as well. Clean rooms and spacious bathroom - with a tub!

We really loved our 3 nights at Valentine, honestly the best budget hotel we have been in in s.e asia so far. All receptionists were helpful and really friendly, had a homely feel to it! Not far from main shops/bars. Arranged our trip around hue (tombs etc)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Lovely comfortable hotel close by to restaurants but in a quiet area. They let me check in early and I booked a tour through them. Staff are very friendly and cheerful. Lots of choice for breakfast too.

Staff were absolutely amazing! When we arrived we were given an iced tea straight away which was lovely considering the heat! Room was comfortable and bathroom had a bath! I had a problem with my card and they let me use the phone to call uk for a really reasonable price! They also let us shower before our night bus and gave us more iced tea because we looked so hot and bothered ha! It is a little far from imperial city but it's easily walkable and is very close to lots of great places to eat!