Valentine Hotel Reviews

7/64 Nguyen Cong Tru street, Hue city, Number 7, Lane 64 Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue city, Hue, Vietnam

Staff are very helpful, always making sure you're ok. However they nearly handed out a key to a guy who wasn't staying at the hotel. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a budget hotel. Room was very big for the 3 of us. A bit of a walk to the citadel but near a central eating area.

Nice hotel with good breakfast. Not a hostel kind of vibe but good location and good for a couple nights out of dorms.

Helpful staff and nice clean big room! We also hired mopeds from them and rode to hanoi where they met us with our bags. A little late dropping the bags off but the mopeds were reliable!

great location, near the backpackers area in hue. i was not even going to stop over in Hue, but soo glad i did, its so lovely with lots to see and lots of restaurants around the central area. lovely place to relax by the river, lots of temples and pagodas in the town, this hotel was only $15 for a private room. my room had a single bed and a double bed, private bathroom, fridge, tv, the best wifi ive ever had in south east asia, fast laundry service ($1 /kg) . Recommend to stay here.

We arrived at the Valentine after 20 hours of travelling and straightaway Thao on reception made us feel right at home. I can't fault this hotel at all. our room was more than adequate, the staff were all warm, friendly, informative and not at all pushy when it came to tours etc. and what's more our room cost next to nothing. our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

Best costumer service in South East Asia! From the 1st moment we step in the hotel we were welcomed by the most polite and friendly staff ever. We used the laundry service the day before we left and we collected it just before we left still wet and a few items missing. I decided to write a complaint and I got an email back from Kenny a few hours later who offered and then sent the clothes with the money to us in Nha trang. They even included an apology note! Unbelievable service.

Very friendly staff and nice big room. Everything was perfect- the only hiccup was our pre-ordered breakfast was not what we had ordered, despite them writing it down in front of us the evening before. Oops!

we had a private double room which was very clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. hosted happy hour . The tour we booked was cheaper than the advertised price and was great fun. Can recommend the egg and bacon sandwich for breakfast

Great place. Staff were fantastic. TAO is beauuuuuuuuuutiful.

It was an absolutely amazing place to stay! People that work there are just so fantastic: speak good english, actually know their way around the city, met me and my boyfriend with cold cups of tea after a few trips on really hot days, they make amazing breakfast and just become your best friends!! My boyfriend and I had originally booked one night there just to see how we like it and we ended up staying extra 5 nights!

Booked two nights here in a standard private double ensuite room. Staff are friendly, but instantly tried to sell us a boat tour. Room was ok, bathroom had open air vent covered over by netting, but still mozzies got in and had a feast on me and my other half, bed was a bit tough, air con was very weak could do with maintenance, felt very hot at night. The hotel lacked atmosphere, breakfast area wasn't the sort of place to meet new people. Best thing was the pool hall couple of doors away!! Fun

The staff were great when I crashed my motorcycle and sorted everything out for me. There was a cockroach in our room but this is a hot country so we don't see this as a reflection of their standards it's just something to perhaps be wary of. The breakfasts are good. Overall all good.

We had an amazing stay at the valentine hotel- our double room was lovely- spacious, very clean, tv, bath, working air conditioner. The staff really are the most friendly people. We rented bicycles for a dollar a day and motorcycles for 150 000 dong per day. Perfect location, down a more quiet alley but still centrally located. And breakfast was good value. This place is a really good deal!

Was in a 3 bed room, nice room with a nice, clean bathroom and great staff

Staff was more than amazing. they took me out for some local food and shared some unique Vietnamese culture with me. I had a great time here and I strongly recommend it. room was very spacious and affordable for the price. location was quiet and walking distance to what you wanted.

It's a good hotel with good facilities to help you when you are short in days in Hue and have to organise everything from one place. Clean, big rooms with a good bed are at your disposal. Busservices from Hue to Hoi An are a bit overpriced for the service you get. Breakfast is very good though.

As a lot of people said already, the staff is super friendly and make you feel special in their hotel. This place is really a great value for money (more than I expected), I have nothing bad to say, I just really recommend it! Thanks again for your kindness!

Thanks for the organizing and your support :-)

Nice little hotel in a quiet sideway alley, 5 minutes walking from center. Rooms are plain and clean. But the staff is outstanding! Nicest in all trip! Very helpful, kind, always at your service. Take complaints very serious. They helped us arrange some trips and gave us good advice of what is worth visiting around Hue. Definitifely come back.

Our stay at Valentines has been lovely. It immediately felt like home, the very moment we arrived.. we had a special-deal which included the pick-up from the bus - very easy! We have been treated so nicely - so if you want a good experience in Hue we definitely recommend you to stay at Valentines!!!

• 30th Mar 2014