Valentine Inn Reviews

Wadi Musa, Petra, Jordan

Everything was good! Except that the moment to pay, they make me pay one night more... I tried to explain to the staff that I already have paid for all the nights but they didn't care. So I had to pay one more night... It was cheap, 5.50 JD so it's not a problem, but it is just by principle...

The bathroom was really dirty, and the sheets were "dusted" and not changed after every use. Staff were not friendly after they realized people were hanging out with the locals. I left the hostel because I felt uncomfortable staying there.

perfect for the stay in Petra. the breakfast wasnt amazing, but good enough considering its Ramadan and hard to get food anyway. the lunch box for walking around in petra was decent too. the free lift to the gate never showed up, but the taxi is cheap as anyway so we weren't too bummed. would recommend. the wadi rum tour they sell/organise was excellent too, 35Dinar.

They have a shuttle bus service from/to bus station and Petra entrance, whici helped me a lot. Hostel is located 5mins away from the centre. The 8 beds dorm room was very simple. I liked the view from terrace. Wifi worked only at terrace. I had their buffet dinner which is 5 JD (about 5 euro) and it was very nice:)

Good for a person on a budget. A bit dumpy, but bearable.

• 5th Jun 2014

The Valentine Inn was worth every penny. I got a great deal for 2 nights, 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts, shuttle services to Petra, good distance from town and not a bad walk to the street with the entrance to Petra, in case you miss the shuttle in the morning or to do some shopping (seriously shop on the street, not inside Petra... much cheaper). I had some problems taking a hot shower at night, and the water for the shower is all over the bathroom floor.Otherwise it was great, I wish I had more time

we definitely didn't like the approach of the staff concerning their "willingness" to give us any information from which they cannot earn something (money) for themselves. they offered us a drive to aqaba for about 20 or 25 JD not mentioning that there are also public buses going there in the morning..for 5 JD per person! plus - hot water just till 8 p.m.! and we had no idea about that untill the first evening returning from all day spent in dusty petra...

Staying here made my trip to Petra so much nicer! The staff are the friendliest people and they really try to make your stay perfect. I felt so at home :) The view is unbeatable (with the added bonus of hearing the mosques' call to prayer in the evenings), you can basically walk to Petra and dinner was delicious. I want to go back!

I have nothing bad to say about the hostel itself. Its clean, modern, friendly, etc. The only thing that disturbed me was the noise. Velentini is close to a road which can be very loud in the morning, while its VERY easy to hear other hostel visitors talking or opening doors. But the Hostel was just awesome!

Very nice but a little chilly