Vallarta Sun Hostel Reviews

Francisca Rodriguez 169 COL. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Marco, I think he is either the manager or co-owner, knows everything. He speaks perfect Spanish and English. He goes out of his way to explain things to you. He will assist you so that you will enjoy your time there and help with future destinations. Rooms are cleaned daily. Large kitchen to cook in. Personal lockers are huge. Location is perfect as it is 2-3 blocks from bus stop, only 1.5 blocks from the beach and the los muertos pier. The lounge area is great for chilling or napping.

• 4th Jan 2015

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, nice rooms, good beds, nice showers. Offering a comfortable common area as well, including a ping pong tabel. Marco, one of the guys who works there, is awesome. Went out clubbing with us but he probably can't remember that night! ;) Would love to come back someday!

• 20th Dec 2014

I think the hostel is absolutely worth the price. The stuff is cool and easygoing and everytime helpful when we asked for recommendations for good and cheap food, beautiful beaches or daytrips. The atmospehre was great there as well. Rooms were clean and alright. Maybe a bit less space for suitcase, but sufficient. Good WiFi connection all the time and a common kitchen to buy, cool and cook your own stuff. A hostel I can recommend to 100 per cent! Hope I can head back some time... See you guys!

• 19th Dec 2014

My and and I stayed there. My friend is handicapped and found access to b poor for her. Knowing there isn't much that can b done about this it would have been nice to read about that on line.

• 30th Nov 2014

The Hostel is in a perfect location close to averything, the owner and the stuff are really friendly and helpfull, they made our stay! thank you guys!

I had a wonderful time at Sun Hostel. Marcos and Andreas who work there were very friendly and helpful Wonderful staff. The kitchen was excellent and the air conditioned dorms were a number one... but it would have been nice to have had an area where you could sit outside. Being located just two blocks north of the pier and in the heart of Puerto Vallarta it is a very convenient place to stay.. I had a great time there and would highly recommend it.

Great Location! Just a a few minutes from the beach and located in Zona Romantica

Good hostel, nice and clean and most amazingly they had aircon in the dorms! Unlike some of the other hostels in Vallarta. Staff were nice and helpful but not in your face, and the location was good, right next door to lots of cafes and restaurants (Thirsty Couga has great value Breakfast and dinners). Not too social though so if you're looking to meet people this might not be the place for you. Also the pool is no longer open to the hostel guests. Great for a good nights' sleep though.

The location is excellent (two blocks away from the beach and the muelle, where the water taxis depart for various islands) and Ricardo is a great host. The rest of the staff did not seem to know much with regards to recommendations but did try their best. Highlights are: location, the pool which you are allowed to use as a hostel guest too. Downside is a relatively small sized dormitorio in the cellar without any windows, damp rooms with mould but well ventilated and airconditioned from 8pm 8am

I liked the hostel. we stayed there three nights and would go there again. its not too far from the beach, the pool is really nice and everything was clean. Unfortunately our AC didnt work the last night, which made it almost impossible to sleep because of the heat. also the staff was not very helpful. most of the time the guy at the reception did not understand us, whether we tried in spanish or english. however, he was very flexible with our bookings, which was good.

An awesome place. We got the separate room and bathroom package- it was more like a hotel than a hostel, but with the convince of having a big kitchen. With our option we had the choice of being solitary in a hotel-like atmosphere or going down to mingle with other travelers. The view is awesome and it is a 2 minute walk from what I'd say is the best beach in the area. Really friendly staff too!!

• 28th Sep 2014

Thank you very much for the review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, we have both atmospheres soem people can choose between relaxing or have a party. we hope that you can visit some time again.

It´s unfortunately one of these hostels where the dorms are located in the cellar without any windows. Therefore the dorms are without any daylight and when the door is closed they begin to smell very bad as the bathroom is also inside and all the humidity stays inside. The common areas area also in the cellar and this makes the atmosphere very poor. Only plus of this hostel is the small pool and that the location in Puerto Vallarta is ok. All in all I really can´t recommend this hostel.

Hola, Thank you for the review, I would like to point out that here in PV the weather at this time is very humid, that’s is because the rain, and well about the sun light I can’t do nothing about cloudy skies it’s just nature. You did notice the pool and our beautiful areas where in open space. Hopefully next time we can sit down and have a drink next to the pool.

I got there early and the rip me off 650 pesos for 3hrs that ibwas early. Plus it was full of a bunch of old people im talking grandpa's. I never even socialized with anyone in there cause there was no atmosphere all in all. The place sucks and i got robbed from the staff

Just to clarify your comment, you arrived at 2 am the night before of your actual booking and you were informed that if you wanted a room for that night you will be charged and you agreed, that´s how it works at any hostel or hotel in the world. Sorry if you felt that way, hope to see you again.

I couldn't have wished a better place to stay...there is wifi, kitchen, it's just 3 min walking distance from the Sea. And the staff was also very kind. A very recommendable place for a very affordable price :) Thank you :)

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Latvia

Thank you for the review, we try to give our guest a great time here with us. We hope to see you back someday here again.

Nice and cozy hostel with a great price tag. The fact that part of the building is a more luxurious hotel gives the extra of a pool that can be used by all guests. And its only 2 blocks away from the beach.

Thank you for the review, we fell proud that you felt that way, we try to make everybody feel at home and try to give the best experience here in PV With our nice beaches and warm weather. Thank you again and we hope to have you here with us someday.

Wi-Fi doesn't work.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the modem was changed after the storm.

This was THE best experience I have ever had at a hostel or a hotel. Everyone was so incredibly friendly. Our room was always clean when we got back at the end of the day. I felt extremely safe here too. The locked security gate was a great addition along with our hotel safe. I never once felt uncomfortable here. I would stay here everytime I came to Puerto Vallarta. It was amazing!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel in a perfect location! We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. Everything was great with the only exception being that the AC in the room was hard to work/did not keep the room cool at night. We loved the pool, ping pong table, hammocks, and wifi!

Hola, thank you for the review, we checked the A/C and the problem was it was out of gas, but we fixed it and now its working perfectly, next time you come you will see the changes.

It's an ok hostel if you are staying 1 night but not more. Staff wasn't very helpful, rooms were small, bunk beds aren't very solid. A/C wasn't working properly. Would not recommend to close friends.

Thanks for the review, we hope next time you visit you stay more than one night, so you can actually enjoy what this hostel has to offer. You can't really feel what a place is like if you arrive late at night and leave early morning.

View all Puerto Vallarta Hostels